19:09 <~bynw> | Nym has also suggested that he go as the
19:09 <~bynw> | Champion to confront Leopold. His rational
19:09 <~bynw> | for this decision is based on Elden not
19:09 <~bynw> | submitting to the mind block and that Elden
19:09 <~bynw> | plans on cheating in the Duel Arcane in order
19:09 <~bynw> | to assure victory.
19:09 <~bynw> |
19:09 <~bynw> | Elden has remained calm and collected. His
19:09 <~bynw> | hands resting on the table in front of him.
19:09 <~bynw> | Not moving or even reacting suddenly to any
19:09 <~bynw> | actions of the council.
19:09 <~bynw> |
19:09 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
19:11 <~bynw> ::Temere stands and pounds the pommel of his great sword on the table:: "Enough Nym. Elden is no threat to any of us. The Bor'dah have cleared everyone here. Put away your weapon."
19:13 <~bynw> ::Temere still standing:: "It seems that we are once again not fully united in who should challenge Leopold ... "
19:18  * Alianna looks around the room.
19:21 < Alderic> *Nym* ::His sword shrinks again to the size and shape of a dagger and in the same motion he smoothly sheaths it at his belt. He turns to Temere:: "There are many kinds of threats the Bor'dah would not see."
19:23 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "That is very true. But the Bor'dah have ensured that I am not an agent of Leopold." ::he folds the cloth wrapping back over the black iron javelin and causes it to vanish again::
19:24 < Alderic> *Nym* "At no time did I think you where. I am not convinced you are not a threat, even, no especially if you do not see it."
19:24  * Alianna frowns in Nym's direction, wondering what he means.
19:27 <~bynw> ::Temere:: "The more we argue and bicker, the more Leopold will win the day." ::he sits back down:: "Nym, Leopold will not fight by any rules other than his own. He will make demands of the Duel Aracane to limit his challenger. But not abide by them himself."
19:30 < Alianna> "So if he's not going to abide by rules, why in the seven hells should we?"
19:32 <~bynw> ::D'nar:: "Because that makes us no better than him."
19:33 < Alderic> *Nym* ::looks incredulously at Temere:: "You are seriously unreserved by this man's sudden....outburst." ::Gestures at Elden:: "That he will not abide any controls other than his. That he has no honor, nor code." ::Shoots Temere a biting look:: "That he will break every vow you ever swore to uphold?"
19:33 < Alianna> "So we should let him win by breaking the rules to keep the moral high ground?"
19:34 < Alderic> *Nym* ::Looks to D'nar:: "And how the HELL is it that HE" ::points to D'nar:: "Is the only one here that is AGREEING with ME of all people!"
19:35 < Alderic> ::Alderic speak up, his voice a booming bass:: "Father! Enough."
19:37 < Alderic> ::Looks about, holding each persons eyes:: "What are we doing this for if not to uphold our philosophy? What do we stand for? That is the question. Elden, what do you stand for?"
19:37 <~bynw> ::Temere:: "I trust Elden with my life. And by extention the lives of everyone I am responsible for ... and I would break ever vow I have taken to stop my master's master."
19:39 < Alderic> ::Looks to Temere:: "Why do you trust him? He is not any of the men that came before him. He is not any of the men you knew grandfather. You have just met this man. Trust me, I know this." ::eyes Elden::
19:39 < Alianna> "I stand for not allowing Leopold to take over the world."
19:39 < Alderic> ::Looks to Alianna:: "Why?"
19:40 < Alderic> "What is it you do not like about Leopold's leadership? He is good to his people you know."
19:40 < Alderic> "It is why they are loyal to him."
19:41 < Alderic> "I for one simply do not believe Might makes Right."
19:41 < Alianna> "Because to anybody who DOESN'T go along with him, he's brutal."
19:41 < Alderic> "So go along with him."
19:41 < Alianna> "I don't want to, and I don't think anyone should have to."
19:42 <~bynw> ::D'nar:: "Leopold will not stop at the world. He will go on to defeat other worlds besides this one across all the planes of existance."
19:43 < Alianna> "And anyone who can't defeat him and won't go along with him is just collateral damage to him."
19:44 < Alianna> "I'm just a pirate, so maybe I'm a bit amoral, but I say defeat him so that people can live their lives more or less as they see fit."
19:44 < Alderic> ::Points to Alianna:: "And so because Leopold will not go along with us we will destroy him and crush his nation using his tactics."
19:44 < Alderic> "Freedom. Your talking about freedom."
19:44 < Alderic> *Nym* "No choice. The right to choose."
19:45 < Alianna> "No, I never said anything about his nation.  Just him."
19:46 < Alianna> "And not because he won't go along with us; this is a kill-or-be-killed situation."
19:46 < Alderic> *Nym* "If his nation carries on in his vein they will need to be stopped as he does."
19:46 < Alianna> "They won't be as difficult to stop if we can cut him down."
19:46 < Alianna> "Leaderless nations tend to take a while to regroup."
19:47 < Alderic> ::Alderic Nods:: "Yes, they will mearly be collateral damage to his death. At the very least we will force them to go along with us and take the freedom to go on as they choose from them."
[19:49] * Alianna turns on Alderic.  "Do YOU want to bow to Leopold now and until the end of your days?  Do you want to live in the World According to Leopold?"
[19:53] <Alderic> ::Smiles disarmingly:: "Of course not. I oppose him. My point is my ideals conflict with his and that is why I stand against him." ::raises an eyebrow and shrugs:: "To be honest I do this for me and my reasons and care little for what happens to the world at large. Tyrants come and go. The world will go on."
[19:55] <Alianna> "So what are YOUR reasons, then?"
[19:55] <Alderic> "But if I don't stand for my ideals why stand at all? I could go on in my own way in a world lead by Leopold or not. To me personally it matters little in that way. For that matter Alianna so could you. Your already a criminal in Leopolds world or in ours."
[19:57] <Alianna> "That didn't answer my question.  What are your reasons for wanting Leopold defeated?"
[19:57] <Alderic> "My reasons are that I believe Valimar could be something great, under the right leadership. And I believe I may have found a reason I left home to find."
[19:58] * Alianna quirks an eyebrow at Alderic.  "I'm not sure I follow."
[19:59] <Alderic> ::Looks about the room defiantly:: "I think Valimar, minus Leopold and his ilk is something Adan needs and could benefit from. The nation will need leadership if Leopold is gone." ::raises an eyebrow with a smirk::
[19:59] <Alianna> "Are you meaning that YOU should lead Valimar?"
[20:00] <Alderic> ::Simply folds his arms over his chest and looks defiantly about the room::
[20:01] <Alderic> *Nym* ::Looks at his son as if he has lost his mind::
Imperial Dreams / Session 49
Last post by Bynw - 19 March 2015, 19:45:27
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> |------------------------------------------------
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> |          Session 49 - Imperial Dreams
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> |
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | Half of The 8 have spoken already. Nominating
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | Elden Schear as the Champion to face off
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | against Leopold. Elden is willing to risk the
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | confrontation. Even though there is always a
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | chance of Leopold being the victor.
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | Elden claims that he is a fully trained Adept,
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | a magic-user, and that he will submit to
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | controls being placed to circumvent his free
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | will. To prevent him from losing his mind or
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | turning against The 8 once he has the power of
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | multiple Matrices.
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | And most importantly and chilling Elden claims
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | to be capable of comitting cold blooded murder
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | and to be able to prevent Leopold's spirit from
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | going anywhere after death.
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | The voting thus far has resulted in Elden,
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | D'nar, Nym, and Temere choosing Elden as the
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | champion to face Leopold. Yet to voice their
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | opinion is Ibly, Alderic, Maylda, and Alianna.
Mar 18 19:49:09 * Alianna felt out of her depth by quite some measure, waiting for Alderic to say or do something.
Mar 18 19:49:34 <bynw> ::all eyes are still on Alderic has he has taken command of the meeting with his idea and asking the members who they would choose::
Mar 18 19:54:54 <Alderic> ::Looks about the room at the assembled:: "If Elden is the only one willing AND able to do this deed then I suppose he is the one to do it. But I will caution you..." ::his gaze lingers on Nym, Soltaari, and D'nar, his eyes tighten a bit:: "Regardless of whomever steps into that circle with Leopold, we are all equally responsible for his death...."
Mar 18 19:55:29 * Alianna nodded.
Mar 18 19:56:01 <Alianna> "Yes, if Lord Elden is willing and able, then he should be the one.  And my ship is at his disposal, should it be needed for the task."
Mar 18 19:56:35 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "Wisely stated. It would be a stain on all of us. But not doing anything to stop Leopold on the other hand is a far greater evil."
Mar 18 19:56:40 <Alderic> "However you choose to come to terms with your morality is your own affair, but do not delude yourselves. We are all just as 'guilty', if you choose to look at it that way, as anyone else here. If you look to Elden and see a murderer, then you are a murderer as well."
Mar 18 19:57:39 <Alderic> "And if you look to Elden and see a hero, then you can see that in yourself as well." ::gives a half-smile and a nod to Elden::
Mar 18 19:58:24 * Alianna said nonchalantly, "I've done some killing in my time, and to people who deserved it less than Leopold deserves the fate we would like to see him meet."
Mar 18 19:58:37 <bynw> ::Elden:: "I guess there aren't any votes against me taking on this burden. I therefore accept it. I will lure Leopold to his eternal death."
Mar 18 19:58:39 <Alianna> "Furthermore, we
Mar 18 19:58:53 <Alderic> "I vote against you."
Mar 18 19:59:09 <Alianna> "We're not just ending Leopold to end him; we're trying to save the world, near as I can tell."
Mar 18 19:59:27 <Alderic> "Though I will support you Elden in full if I am out voted."
Mar 18 19:59:46 * Alianna turned on Alderic.  "Whom would you have do this, then?"
Mar 18 19:59:53 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Who do you wish to be the champion then Alderic?"
Mar 18 20:00:48 <Alderic> ::Again he looks to the other men:: "I mearly think there are others, better suited, who SHOULD be willing to do the deed in full without hesitating."
Mar 18 20:01:32 <Alderic> "And I wish to make that known with my vote." ::sneers at Nym:: "For the record."
Mar 18 20:02:47 <Alderic> *Nym* ::raises an eyebrow at Alderic, but remains stonefaced and unflinching in returning his gaze::
Mar 18 20:03:32 * Alianna looks askance at Alderic, wondering why there appears to be bad blood between father and son.
Mar 18 20:04:26 <bynw> ::Ibly:: "I guess we must continue to voice are votes. Although the task before us is of the most importance. For the sake of all peoples. Elden is correct. I can am capable of killing a man to the point of preventing his spirit from passing on. But even my race considers it to be a sin. I support Elden in his duty."
Mar 18 20:09:08 <bynw> ::Elden:: "I guess now it is settled. 5 have voted in favor. 1 has voted against. No mater what the other 2 vote the outcome is unchangeable at this point."
Mar 18 20:09:28 <Alderic> ::Nods::
Mar 18 20:10:19 <bynw> ::Elden:: "There is the matter of Chadwick. Do you still wish to go on with your plans Master Gibran?"
Mar 18 20:11:54 <Alderic> "Absolutely."
Mar 18 20:12:37 <bynw> ::Elden:: "His revived body and mind lie in suspended animation in Hemmelhold. I'm sure Iamar can get you there still. Tricons are very good at navigating."
Mar 18 20:13:20 <Alderic> *Nym* ::smiles:: "I'm sure she can."
Mar 18 20:17:14 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "We should discuss other matters since we are all hear. I am sure you are all aware of increased attacks by Mohadine ships in the Americ Ocean. And they are getting closer to the shores in every attack. It seems that they are no longer honoring the Treaty Mariabronn imposed upon them."
Mar 18 20:18:04 * Alianna raises her red eyebrows.  "After what they did to the Aenor and her crew, I'd like to send them all straight to hell," she snaps.
Mar 18 20:18:15 <bynw> ::D
Mar 18 20:18:19 <bynw> ::D
Mar 18 20:19:07 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "We are sending an envoy to inquire about the treaty. We will know soon enough if they intend to honor it or not."
Mar 18 20:22:55 <bynw> ::Elden sits back as the conversation drifts to topics not concerning him directly. He pulls out of the small wrapped cloth given to him by Temere when he entered the chamber. Carefully unwrapping it::
Mar 18 20:23:03 <Alderic> "If only we could convince Leopold to spend his energy on them instead of trying to raise old banners and feuds long dead."
Mar 18 20:23:47 * Alianna laughs bitterly.  "I wish you all the luck in the world on THAT."
Mar 18 20:26:00 <bynw> ::under the folded cloth wraps Elden pulls out a golden medallion about the diameter of a baseball on a golden chain. With smile and slight nod to Temere, Elden slips the chain over his head and around his neck and closes his eyes to the world around him::
Mar 18 20:26:27 <Alderic> "I wonder whatever happened to the men and women that departed to the Mohadine homeland. It might be worth making contact with some of them."
Mar 18 20:26:54 <Alderic> ::Looks to Elden:: "What is that?"
Mar 18 20:27:35 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "That scheme failed long ago. The spies were rooted out and stoned for heresy by the Mohadine"
Mar 18 20:28:17 <bynw> ::Elden doesn't answer, his eyes can be seen moving under his closed eyelids::
Mar 18 20:28:43 <Alderic> ::Looks to Temere::
Mar 18 20:29:51 <bynw> ::Temere:: "The control medallion to a Matrix so his people can be kept safe from Leopold."
Mar 18 20:30:45 <Alderic> "Ah. The one you went to secure?"
Mar 18 20:30:55 <bynw> ::Elden clutches his fists::
Mar 18 20:31:00 * Alianna looks a bit confused but keeps her trap shut.
Mar 18 20:31:46 <bynw> ::Temere:: "Yes the one in Brennasharr. Close to Hemmelhold's land anchor point."
Mar 18 20:34:11 <bynw> ::Elden releases his fists and holds his hands up to his face, his eyes still closed. Flexing his fingers. He takes a couple deep centering breaths::
Mar 18 20:39:31 <bynw> ::Elden opens his eyes and looks about the room:: "Leopold has 2 of these. Individually he could take us on. One at a time. But the cost would be heavy. The energy released would be devastating to everything around the conflict. I don't think he really knows what he's dealing with though ... "
Mar 18 20:40:50 * Alianna continues to listen quietly.
Mar 18 20:41:22 <Alderic> "Which two, do you know?"
Mar 18 20:42:56 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Yes. Kirsh and Deever. Just as we suspected. The power I possess with one of these is staggering to the mind. I can do almost anything and have the power to back it up. The ancients who built them must have ruled as walking gods."
Mar 18 20:47:30 <bynw> ::Temere:: "I must tell you all this now. We are not in Torr. We are at a securely warded location in the Astral. Far to vast for even Leopold to search for us. But this also allows us to open the chamber doors to anywhere we choose."
Mar 18 20:48:20 <bynw> "And thanks to D'nar, " ::Temere continues:: "The doors are guarded by the Bor'dah to prevent anyone who maybe compromised by Leopold from entering."
Mar 18 20:48:52 <Alderic> "Would it be worth the effort to try to deactivate one of the Matrix that Leopold controls?"
Mar 18 20:49:06 * Alianna looks interested at that prospect.
Mar 18 20:51:46 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "That has only been accomplished once in all of known history. And how he was able to simply waltz in and do so remains a mystery."
Mar 18 20:53:09 <Alderic> "And what of destroying the one at Kirsh? Possible?"
Mar 18 20:53:25 <bynw> ::Temere whispers over to Nym:: "It seems someone is looking for you at your estate in Adan. We can have the door to this chamber appear there and admit him. Our identities would be hidden."
Mar 18 20:54:37 <bynw> ::Elden:: "That's been tried already and it survived the fabled "fire from heaven" attack. I don't think you can destroy them very easily."
Mar 18 20:54:57 <Alderic> *Nym* "If we are done here I do not see the harm. You are all welcome to stay in guest quarters if you like."
Mar 18 20:55:57 <bynw> ::Temere:: "I think we should all see this guest here in this chamber. But we will remain as silent partners."
Mar 18 20:55:59 <Alderic> "Then I see no point in delay." ::looks about to see if anyone has something further to say::
Mar 18 20:57:01 <Alderic> *Nym* ::takes a look as well:: "If no one objects show the visitor in."
Mar 18 20:57:02 <bynw> ::Temere speaks up:: "We are going to have a guest enter the chamber, who wishes to address Master Gibran. The rest of us will only be seen has hazy figures, our identities unknown."
Mar 18 20:57:15 <Alianna> "Nor do I. The sooner we can do this, the sooner we get it over with."
Mar 18 20:57:31 <Alderic> ::nods::
Mar 18 20:58:03 <bynw> ::Temere motions to the Bor'dah to open the doors::
Mar 18 20:58:42 <bynw> ::the doors open and the Bor'dah mind-see the man just as they did the 8 before they entered::
Mar 18 20:59:47 <bynw> ::The man has the chiseled face of nobility and walks with purpose to the table holding Nym and the others::
Mar 18 21:01:00 <Alderic> ??Does Alderic or Nym recognize the man??
Mar 18 21:01:27 <bynw> ::he wears the purple robes denoting his rank as a bishop among his ecclesiastical brothers, his miter exchanges for skull cap of purple::
Mar 18 21:02:45 <bynw> ::although his face is not familiar, the markings of his Order within the Holy Church are unmistakable. He is of the Amon Order::
Mar 18 21:03:49 <bynw> ::the bishop bows at the neck to Nym:: "Thank you for seeing me Master Gibran. I am Bishop Randell dela Rios, abbot of the Amon Order."
Mar 18 21:04:33 * Alderic is now known as Nym_Gibran
Mar 18 21:06:00 <Nym_Gibran> ::looks quizzically at the newcomer, but inclines his head slightly in what might be considered a bow:: "Greetings Bishop Randell."
Mar 18 21:08:39 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios:: "We of the Amon have long stood in opposition of the Anadari and all other institutions of an arcane nature. But we have learned that you, Master Gibran, are an honorable man and seeker of justice."
Mar 18 21:09:41 <Nym_Gibran> ::his mouth drops open in a very rare moment of total befuddled surprise:: "Excuse me?"
Mar 18 21:10:32 <Nym_Gibran> "could you repeat that?"
Mar 18 21:11:01 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios:: "The Amon Order has been under attack for some years now. Quietly within the Holy Church, we have enemies that were unknown to us. They seek to have our Order disbanded and our priests removed from the Holy Church. But they are using lies to accomplish this task"
Mar 18 21:15:32 <bynw> "Master Gibran" ::the Bishop again using the Anadari title:: "We seek your aid to save the Amon Order. To speak out in its defense." ::he drops to his knees:: "We will issue our proclamation recanting the Order's view against the Anadari and other users of the arcane powers to welcome those into the Church who wish to be in the Church openly."
Mar 18 21:21:34 <Nym_Gibran> ::as the bishop asks for aid his befuddlement turns to confusion as if seeing a two headed pig come out of the bush suddenly. As the bishop goes to his knees Nym stands up and takes a step back recoiling from the prostrate man in alarm and total disbelief unable to process much less believe the site before him::
Mar 18 21:23:46 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios sits there on his knees with his hands folded in his lap waiting for Nym to respond::
Mar 18 21:24:50 <Nym_Gibran> ::For a few heartbeats he simply stares at the site unable to react, then he speaks:: "Stand up man, I'm no holy man to bow to, nor to I crave worship. Please stand, you have my attention to be sure."
Mar 18 21:25:47 <bynw> ::the bishop slowly rises to his feet:: "Forgive me Master Gibran, the Church has its own protocols that are hard to forget"
Mar 18 21:31:54 <Nym_Gibran> ::still showing alarm and now a bit of distaste he retakes his seat slowly:: "There is nothing to forgive Bishop, I am just...unused to such customs and taken aback at your words. Though taken aback would be a vast understatement. I would throw one of your order out on their ear on any given day based on my beliefs, but I find it hard to reject your humble offer. Tell me of these lies and the person spreading them?"
Mar 18 21:36:06 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios:: "They are whispered among the other Bishops of Church Council. The charges against our Order range from minor infractions to heresy and abuse. All are falsely accused. No one person has come out right but the Order is seeing its numbers dwindle where we were once one of the largest. We have been shunned. And I fear when the next great Council meets by the end of the year our Order will be disgraced"
Mar 18 21:38:38 <Nym_Gibran> "Why do the accused not come forward and demand to be truth-read to put these lies to rest?"
Mar 18 21:42:36 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios:: "The Church operates under its own protocols. We are the Churches Truth-Readers. But we could not be deemed impartial reading something against us. We need the outside influence. A man of good standing in the secular world and one who is known to be honest and makes no apologies for disliking our Order. But to speak on its behalf would carry a lot of weight."
Mar 18 21:47:14 <Nym_Gibran> "Would the accused be willing to be truth-read by a council of Anadari and myself in an open forum with these rumor mongers in attendance as well as any who care to?"
Mar 18 21:50:48 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios:: "The accused would be willing of course. But I cannot speak for the other Bishops. That is why we need your public support of the Order."
Mar 18 22:00:23 <Nym_Gibran> "I will bring a small council of Anadari Masters and we will truth-read the accused and announce what we discern to the church and anyone who cares to attend. I will also ask that anyone bringing charges speak aloud or be forever silent after. But I warn you I will not condone your order as a whole, I will speak in defense of those who are wrongly accused and speak against any who are rightly accused. Does this meet with your approval?"
Mar 18 22:02:51 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios bows at the neck:: "It will work. I shall make the arrangements and contact you when we are ready. It shouldn't be more than a weeks time. Thank you Master Gibran"
Mar 18 22:04:31 <Nym_Gibran> "If I find that these rumors are untrue, I will also seek out the source. Though I have strong suspicions of the their origin already."
Mar 18 22:05:34 <bynw> ::the Bishop again thanks Master Gibran before taking his leave and the 8 again are alone::
Mar 18 22:08:23 <Nym_Gibran> "I would be surprised if those rumors did not originate with Leopold. It certainly fits the style we've seem from him so far."
Mar 18 22:08:43 <Alianna> "Hmm."
Mar 18 22:08:58 <Alianna> "He does like to sow discord, sometimes it seems for its own sake, but I'm sure he wants us distracted."
Mar 18 22:11:08 <bynw> ::Elden:: "I will need more than one Matrix to lure him into our trap. Otherwise I doubt he will accept any challenge by a Matrix holder."
Mar 18 22:14:36 <Nym_Gibran> "Let's not waste anymore time then. Shall we join minds to lay the mental compulsions to return control of the Matrix's after the duel and together help reinforce Elden's mind while he comes to grips with the Matrix's as we pass them over?"
Mar 18 22:15:23 <Nym_Gibran> "Now is the best time while we are protected."
Mar 18 22:16:10 <bynw> ::Elden:: "It wont be necessary, I've already taken care of that in preparation before I came here. Temere, I need a doorway open to the outside. Anywhere will do of course."
Mar 18 22:17:32 * Alianna raises her brows again.  "We're just supposed to trust that you'll return the power, assuming it doesn't destroy your mind?"
Mar 18 22:18:00 * Nym_Gibran is now known as Alderic
Mar 18 22:19:53 <Alderic> *Nym* "I think, Elden, that we will all feel better if the compulsion is set in place by all of us. As we will all be witness to it and it's intended effect then."
Mar 18 22:21:24 <bynw> ::Temere addresses Elden:: "I take it you need the sky? I can set us back to Torr on the palace rooftops."
Mar 18 22:23:42 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "What is the meaning of this? You are speaking the truth that you have taken care of it but I do not understand."
Mar 18 22:25:27 <bynw> ::the Bor'dah open the door and Elden gets up and heads outside to the rooftop of the palace:: "Come and see for yourself"
Mar 18 22:25:59 <Alderic> ::follows Elden outside::
Mar 18 22:26:08 * Alianna follows them as well.
Mar 18 22:26:17 <Alderic> *Nym* ::Looks a bit skeptical, but follows::
Mar 18 22:27:01 <bynw> ::once outside Elden is looking up into the sky, clear blue mid afternoon::
Mar 18 22:27:45 <Alderic> ::follows Elden's gaze:: "I don't see anything."
Mar 18 22:28:25 * Alianna follows the eye-line also.
Mar 18 22:28:36 <bynw> ::he lifts his left arm which has leather bracer on it, like many of his people of Hemmelhold wear and swipes his right hand across it:: "It's too small for you to see at this distance but I assure you it is there"
Mar 18 22:29:47 <bynw> ::the bracer has a small lighted rectangle space on it and he begins to press different colored patches of light on the bracer::
Mar 18 22:31:00 <bynw> ::he puts his arm down and the lighted rectangle goes dark::
Mar 18 22:32:11 <bynw> ::Elden looks at Nym:: "On your first or second visit to my city you stole something for it. We let you keep it, we could have required it at anytime."
Mar 18 22:34:32 <bynw> ::Elden:: "You asked earlier Nym if I could psychically block a larger area. The answer is yes I can. Several square miles in fact. I've just gave the order for the device we use to follow me and I intend on using it in my Duel with Leopold stripping him of his powers he so greatly relies upon."

Imperial Dreams / Session 48
Last post by Bynw - 01 March 2015, 13:01:32
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> |------------------------------------------------
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> |          Session 48 - Imperial Dreams
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> |
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | Elden has parted company with the rest of the
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | group as his travels would take him to Arrin.
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | Alliana was unwilling to take her ship there
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | under the conditions of having her weapons
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | bound and unusable.
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | The remaining trio took the Aerie from South
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | Wind to Waldsworth in Torr over the course of
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | a weeks flight. Securing the ship in the city
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | of the Dragon nation with a day to spare before
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | their clandestine meeting with Alderic's father,
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | the Anadari Master Gibran and others.
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | The day was full of enjoyment within the great
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | Library of Torr at their disposal and the many
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | markets of exotic goods to be had within the
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | city.
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | Yet never meeting or running into Master Gibran
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | or any others who might be with him in this
Feb 25 20:03:07 <bynw> | venture to remove the threat of Leopold.
Feb 25 20:07:52 <Alderic> ::Sits in a plush leather chair, in the library, sipping spiced wine. A thick book lays open in his lap::
Feb 25 20:08:55 <bynw> ::the day of the meeting dawns like any other in the paradise of the Waldsworth and under the great House of Temere that has ruled the Dragon nation since it's founding. Alderic has been given all the respect due to his rank as a Prince of this house, and his guests are equality treated::
Feb 25 20:08:56 * Maydla can be found sitting upon the floor somewhere near a section about the local foliage and its medicinal uses.
Feb 25 20:09:34 * Alianna looks over a book of nautical charts in the library.
Feb 25 20:11:46 <bynw> :: young blue dragon, wearing a chain around his next to signify his rank as a Royal page enters the library and comes to Alderic. he bows at the neck:: "Your Highness. I have been sent to escort you and the ladies to the place of meeting"
Feb 25 20:13:00 * Alianna looks up from the book of charts and closes it, preparing to follow the page-dragon.
Feb 25 20:13:59 * Maydla hears the conversation, stands to stretch then joins the others with the page.
Feb 25 20:14:51 <Alderic> ::Nods to the page, closes the book, and puts it aside:: "Please lead the way."
Feb 25 20:17:00 <bynw> ::the page's head twists on its long next looking at the three of them in turn:: "this way he says" :: and beings leading them away from the library and into the private areas of the palace. it's corridors wide and tall enough to be comfortable to full blood dragons, much like the page when he is fully grown::
Feb 25 20:23:00 <bynw> ::the page stops and turns his great neck and head to face the trio behind him:: "This is as far as I am allowed to go. Ahead is a set of doors that you must enter::
Feb 25 20:23:19 * Alianna smiles at the young page.  "Thank you."
Feb 25 20:23:56 <Alderic> ::Bows at the neck to the page:: "Thank you."
Feb 25 20:24:29 <bynw> ::the page bows at all three as they pass him::
Feb 25 20:25:17 * Maydla follows the others and quietly thanks the page
Feb 25 20:26:28 * Alianna stands there for a minute, waiting for Alderic to take the lead.
Feb 25 20:27:18 <Alderic> ::Notices everyone is waiting on him suddenly and blushes, then moves to and through the indicated doors::
Feb 25 20:27:26 <bynw> :: a few yards down the corridor and the trio passes an obvious glammer that hides them from the few of the page and the page from them::
Feb 25 20:28:45 <bynw> ::a set of great french doors are on the side of the corridor, the hinges show that they open outward. standing directly in front of the doors are 2 giants, over 9 feet tall in full armor bearing pole arms that are crossed between them::
Feb 25 20:29:45 <bynw> ::the giants seem to be something out of a nightmare, old memories and fresh new ones as well. they are Bor'dah::
Feb 25 20:30:13 * Alianna stops short and says, "Holy fuck!" under her breath.
Feb 25 20:31:24 <bynw> ::the bor'dah speak:: "Lower your Shields or suffer your fate"
Feb 25 20:32:01 * Alianna raises her eyebrows, but then lowers her shields.
Feb 25 20:32:29 <Alderic> ::Chuckles at Alianna's reaction:: "I suggest you do as they say, they are machines and as such have no fear or pity."
Feb 25 20:32:45 <Alderic> ::Lowers his shields::
Feb 25 20:33:07 * Maydla raises an eyebrow and looks the giants over carefully, following the lead of the others.
Feb 25 20:35:05 <bynw> ::the Bor'dah, one by one focus their power on each in turn. Mind-Seeing the trio. Sharp and and focused. Even with Shields lowered there is some pain as the Mind-Seeing progresses and then ends. But headaches are not uncommon. They open the doors outward. The room beyond is also under a glammer and cannot be made out:: "Enter"
Feb 25 20:36:37 <Alderic> ::Stands tall before the automations, but speaks for Maydla and Alianna:: "A wise measure, though these tin cans could use some lessons in manners eh?"
Feb 25 20:37:01 * Alianna shakes her head and mutters, "Yeah, seriously."
Feb 25 20:37:09 <Alderic> ::Moves forward into and (hopefully) through the glammer::
Feb 25 20:39:25 <bynw> ::the room beyond also has a set of great french doors, that open into the room. and is likewise guarded to two giant Bor'dah. the chamber is well lit and at its center is a large octogon shaped table. 4 others are already sitting at it::
Feb 25 20:39:58 <bynw> ::name plates are placed at the table showing where everyone is to sit::
Feb 25 20:41:08 * Alianna walks around the table until she finds the name plate with her name on it.
Feb 25 20:41:21 <Alderic> ??Who is already here in the room??
Feb 25 20:41:43 <bynw> ::directly opposite the doors sits Master Gibran. Alderic's father and the defacto head of the Anadari Council, to his immediate right is a man the looks like a much older Alderic, but he is infact Alderic's grandfather Temere
Feb 25 20:43:35 <bynw> :: further right, an empty chair that bears the name plate of Alderic himself and then an older man in a all white suit and next to him is a man in his 40s dresses as a noble Lord of either Halifax or Adan. the rest of the seats are empty but all bear name plates::
Feb 25 20:43:50 <bynw> https://www.dropbox.com/s/39rdpo2kuisefdh/2015-02-25%2020.05.10.jpg?dl=0
Feb 25 20:44:40 <bynw> :;the Bor'dah shut the doors after the trio have entered::
Feb 25 20:44:55 * Maydla makes her way around to her designated seat as well.
Feb 25 20:46:11 <bynw> ::Temere rises as the ladies approach the table:: "Welcome"
Feb 25 20:46:57 <bynw> ::Temere:: "Our final member will be arriving shortly. He has just reached Torr."
Feb 25 20:47:56 <Alderic> ::Bows deeply to the assembled men and women:: "And silently takes his seat."
Feb 25 20:48:56 <bynw> ::Temere looks at Alderic as he takes the seat next to him:: "Quiet right now aren't you? I thought I was the shy one in the family."
Feb 25 20:51:04 <Alderic> ::Laughs:: "Shy and our family should not be used in the same sentence without the word 'not' between them."
Feb 25 20:51:23 <bynw> ::the doors open again as Elden Schear is admitted to the chamber. He is giving the Bor'dah a dirty look:: "I've killed their kind before ..."
Feb 25 20:53:22 <bynw> ::Temere rises again leaning to Alderic:: "Excuse me one moment" :;he goes over to greet Elden and they embrace like long separated brothers. Temere also hands Elden a small wrapped in cloth package before both men take their seats at the table::
Feb 25 20:55:38 <bynw> ::Temere rises:: "Welcome all of you. This is a meeting of great importance. The future of our lives and many others rest on our shoulders. Here we are safe from any prying done by Leopold. And everything here is a mix of my own ideas, Lord D'nar's and Master Gibran's."
Feb 25 20:55:41 <Alderic> ::As a pair as if on cue Nym and Alderic both raise one eyebrow in question at the package::
Feb 25 20:56:44 <bynw> ::Temere sits and D'nar rises:: "This is an open forum all are equal and all may speak."
Feb 25 20:57:00 <bynw> ::D'nar returns to his seat::
Feb 25 20:59:48 <Alderic> ::stands:: "Is anyone here deny that Leopold has returned?"
Feb 25 21:00:41 <bynw> ::Elden doesn't stand:: "I guess I will play devil's advocate on that one Alderic. By addressing facts and presumptions."
Feb 25 21:02:23 <bynw> ::Elden:: "The facts are a matter of history. Both ancient and recent and they as follows ... keep in mind want I am saying is deeply important"
Feb 25 21:03:13 <bynw> "He was the General of the Valimarian Army. an Anadari Master of the 2nd Generation, trained by Horok Bindar to be his successor"
Feb 25 21:03:20 <Alderic> ::Sits and leans back to listen::
Feb 25 21:03:45 <bynw> "He was Devoted to the Dark Powers.  A servant of Darkness known as an Anti-Paladin. And Declaired himself King of Valimar at the end of the Sky Light War where both Twan Do and Zaccron died."
Feb 25 21:04:09 <bynw> "He was Deposed by the High Priestess of Twan Do's cult Nanncy and the Sorceress Icereses, who allowed him to resume his duties as General of the Valimarian Army"
Feb 25 21:04:39 <bynw> "He also Released his spirit from its mortal shell and began possessing a string of constructed bodies"
Feb 25 21:05:03 <bynw> "He was Last seen during the Llorn Kcor War in the Southlands, his body was never found and finally and recently"
Feb 25 21:05:20 <bynw> "He has been Named King of New Valimar"
Feb 25 21:06:09 <bynw> "These are all facts. Absolutes that cannot be denied or speculated upon. But then there is rumor and presumptions that could have other explanations such as"
Feb 25 21:06:35 <bynw> "He was Killed in the Llorn Kcor War in the Southlands and is somehow back now"
Feb 25 21:07:17 <bynw> "That he has Murdered the Lich-King McKone of Utha, Murdered the Lich Lancer, and has Absorbed the powers of the murdered Liches and added said power to his own"
Feb 25 21:08:05 <bynw> "It is said he is the Master of Chadwick, and has Activated the Deever Matrix and Repaired and activated the Kirsh Matrix"
Feb 25 21:08:49 <bynw> "Having seen Chadwick's memories first hand. They are not definitive proof that Leopold was his master."
Feb 25 21:09:30 <bynw> "So there is reasonable doubt. However, just because there is such doubt doesn't mean I believe it for one minute."
Feb 25 21:11:30 <bynw> ::Elden:: "So what are the options for our actions?"
Feb 25 21:13:40 <Alderic> *Nym "A concentrated attack of all Anadari with the Bor'dah on Kirsh to destroy the Matrix there and then onto Deever to usurp it from Leopold'd control."
Feb 25 21:15:18 * Alianna sits back and listens quietly.
Feb 25 21:17:32 <Alderic> *Nym "What other choice do we have?"
Feb 25 21:18:16 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "That would be suicide. The last great energy surge at Kirsh was called "the fire of heaven" and caused a great deal of backlash of psychic energy that was never properly grounded. And Kirsh is the first matrix. Far to dangerous to destroy the concequences would be most grave indeed."
Feb 25 21:19:55 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "Leopold must be drawn out and redeemed if possible."
Feb 25 21:20:53 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "Darkness can come to Light"
Feb 25 21:22:46 <Alderic> *Nym "How do you propose we even attempt such a thing Master D'nar, no one...."
Feb 25 21:23:25 <Alderic> ::Interrupts:: "Leopold must be extinguished."
Feb 25 21:26:02 <Alderic> "There is no choice. None of us have the power needed to make him listen to reason, if he even could. Leopold will hide in Valimar and force you to bring and army before the gates to root him out. Then he will use it as the leverage he needs to destroy the empire from within."
Feb 25 21:26:42 <Alderic> "It is his plan, obviously."
Feb 25 21:27:03 <Alderic> "There is only one thing I see that might, just might be something he has not planned for. Something he doesn't expect...."
Feb 25 21:27:45 <Alderic> "A challenge to Duel-Arcane."
Feb 25 21:28:44 <Alderic> "Anything else will plunge Adan in a war that at BEST will destroy half the known world."
Feb 25 21:29:14 <Alderic> "One of us must challenge him."
Feb 25 21:31:07 <Alderic> *Nym ::his jaw drops::
Feb 25 21:31:27 <bynw> ::Ibly:: "None of us have the power to challenge him. He would defeat any challenger"
Feb 25 21:32:23 <Alderic> ::Stands:: "Our Champion must wield the Matrix's....all of the Matrix's if they are to stand a chance." ::Looks from person to person driving home his point with a steely eyed glare::
Feb 25 21:33:23 <Alderic> "The rest of us will move to usurp the Matrix's in his control, if we can."
Feb 25 21:35:09 * Alianna watches the conversation in growing shock.
Feb 25 21:37:04 <Alderic> "The Matrix's control would be given back after the duel. It's a move I believe Leopold will not see coming. He doesn't understand trust, doesn't know it, so he may not see this plan."
Feb 25 21:38:41 <Alderic> "And make no mistake, he has seen all our plans coming so far and we have played right into his hands. Now is the time to stop talking and stand united.
Feb 25 21:38:43 <Alderic> "
Feb 25 21:42:06 <Alderic> "My grandfather is powerful in both Magic and the Mental arts, My father will have the advantage if we can find a way to move the battle to Leopold's dreams. They seem the logical choices." ::Looks about as if to invite others to speak up::
Feb 25 21:43:16 <bynw> ::Elden:: "So we must choose our champion to represent us. Someone we all can trust to relinquish the control of a matrix too, for once the control is changed the previous person no longer has it. I don't trust your father. Or most Anadari for that matter."
Feb 25 21:44:51 <Alderic> ::Nods:: "And neither will D'nar like my father as a candidate I'm sure."
Feb 25 21:45:02 <bynw> ::Elden:: "And our champion must be of strong mind to withstand the mental connections of more than one matrix. Even one matrix has been known to break a man's will and drive him insane"
Feb 25 21:46:13 <Alderic> "All the more reason it must be someone in this room, you all have experience with them and you all will have to give that up to one. So you all have a stake."
Feb 25 21:46:51 <bynw> ::Elden continues:: "And our champion must be pure of heart and not fall to the absolute corruption of absolute power. One matrix alone can make a man a near god. More than one and he is a god. We could be trading one Leopold for someone far worse ... "
Feb 25 21:48:46 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "Some of us are not corruptable Mr Schear."
Feb 25 21:49:16 <Alderic> "No one here will be happy choosing anyone else here. That is a fact. But I see this as our best hope. So we must choose, if not someone we think is best then someone who is best among the choices."
Feb 25 21:49:44 <Alderic> *Nym "Depends on your definition of the word D'nar."
Feb 25 21:50:13 <bynw> ::Elden:: "I like the plan. Having the memories that I do. I think it is the only one that will work. But there is one other facet that must be addressed" ::Elden gets up and walks around the table while he talks::
Feb 25 21:50:35 * Alianna follows Elden with her eyes, turning her head as needed.
Feb 25 21:51:52 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "Able to withstand the enormous mental connection of more than one matrix and dont be driven insane. And able to not fall victim to the power and become what one set out to destroy. Only one of us hear fits that description. Myself."
Feb 25 21:53:12 <Alderic> *Nym ::opens his mouth and half rises::
Feb 25 21:54:45 <Alderic> ::Makes a gesture towards Nym to halt:: "Most here will disagree with you Master D'nar. We can put it to a vote if you like, but you already know the outcome I'm sure?"
Feb 25 21:56:01 <Alderic> "What we cannot do is fall to bickering. On this you can agree yes Master D'nar?" ::His voice even with a bit of pleading::
Feb 25 21:56:48 <bynw> ::Elden:: "I have no doubts in your claim Lord D'nar. My people have watched yours since our arrival. But you lack Alderic's first and foremost requirement."
Feb 25 21:58:37 <Alderic> ::Nods to Elden:: "I propose a vote. Each of us nominates someone besides him or herself. The one with the most nominations stands as our champion?"
Feb 25 21:59:08 <Alderic> "We can pass around paper and pen if that makes it easy."
Feb 25 21:59:12 * Maydla doesnt like voting.
Feb 25 22:01:18 <bynw> ::Elden:: "And that requirement, ladies and gentlemen is the ability to extinguish Leopold. Not just kill his physical form. He will simply move his spirit to another host. And we start over. No his spirit must also be destroyed. A terrible fate for any being. His spirit must never become one with the Anadari Akasa."
Feb 25 22:02:39 * Alianna looks to Elden in some surprise.
Feb 25 22:03:25 <bynw> "Our 'champion' must be capable of the vilest of cold blooded murder, in order of us to succeed." ::Elden says as he walks around and stops behind D'nar:: "Something that is not in your nature."
Feb 25 22:07:33 <bynw> ::Elden turns and walks past Alderic and stops behind Temere's seat:: "You my dear friend are also not capable of such an action." ::Elden walks behind Nym:: "You are appauled by the very thought of it."
Feb 25 22:08:53 <bynw> ::Elden:: "The ladies can hold their own in self defense but murder of this magnitude. I doubt they are capable of it either."
Feb 25 22:10:14 <bynw> "Ibly is capable of such an act. But to do so would be a grievous sin and terrible step backwards for him."
Feb 25 22:11:15 <bynw> "And Alderic is a wild card. Is he like his father and grandfather or is he something else entirely?" ::Elden asks as he takes his seat::
Feb 25 22:16:28 <Alderic> ::scoffs:: "I would place Leopolds head on a pike without a care, but I am no match for him."
Feb 25 22:17:35 <Alderic> ::Looks to Elden:: "What is your suggestion? Someone not here?"
Feb 25 22:17:41 * Alianna quietly snorts in laughter.
Feb 25 22:20:51 <bynw> ::Elden:: "I suggest using someone who is a trained adept, a magic-user. who would agree to some controls being set so they don't go crazy or at any sign of corruption they too can be extinguished. A slight lack of free will there but for the greater good. And someone who is capable of such a vile murder. Me."
Feb 25 22:21:50 <bynw> ::Elden:: "I am the only logical choice"
Feb 25 22:22:43 * Alianna widens her eyes and looks at Alderic.
Feb 25 22:24:00 <Alderic> ::sighs:: "So everyone nominates themselves then I take it?" ::looks about the room sarcastically::
Feb 25 22:25:03 * Maydla shakes her head no.
Feb 25 22:25:38 * Alianna laughs more loudly this time.  "Hell no.  I KNOW I don't have the power to end that creature.  I'd do it in a minute, but I don' t have the psychic or magical capability."
Feb 25 22:25:53 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "Elden is correct. I am not capable of such a deed. I would be able to stop Leopold from getting another body but I would attempt to reedem him. I would of course prefer that action but Leopold might be beyond my power to redeem"
Feb 25 22:25:57 <Alderic> ::chuckles at Maydla:: "Oh I don't know my dear, out of everyone here you have my vote as most in-corruptible." ::smiles at her::
Feb 25 22:27:33 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "I also do not wish to see Master Ibly fall from the grace he has worked so hard to achieve with my help so many years ago. So I nominate Mr Schear."
Feb 25 22:28:34 <Alderic> *Nym "Truth. I could kill Leopold without remorse, but I must give him a choice first. Elden may have a point."
Feb 25 22:31:42 * iotfn has quit (Quit: leaving)
Feb 25 22:33:09 <Alderic> *Nym "I nominate Elden."
Feb 25 22:34:17 <Alderic> ::Looks to Temere::
Feb 25 22:36:03 <bynw> ::Temere:: "Elden is our champion."
Imperial Dreams / Session 47
Last post by Bynw - 01 March 2015, 13:00:56

Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> |------------------------------------------------
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> |          Session 47 - Imperial Dreams
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> |
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | Night has fallen on the Imperial City of
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | South Wind. The world has seen the rebirth of
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | the Valimarian Nation, the Country of Strength.
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | It's King is said to be the reborn General
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | Leopold of old. Who is a hero to many of those
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | of Valimarian blood. Even those that do not
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | live in any Valimarian influenced lands.
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | On the Aerie, Alderic, Elden, Alliana, and
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | Maylda have met with the Lord Cedric. Invited
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | to the ship by Alderic at the opening of
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | the Senate. He came with another, the Lady
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | Carmine, who Alderic and Elden both believe
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | that she was not human but a dragon in disguise.
Feb 04 19:46:20 <bynw> | Cedric's bodyguard.
Feb 04 19:49:42 <bynw> ::Elden:: "New Valimar changes the game again."
Feb 04 19:53:30 <bynw> ::Elden looks out across the nighttime sky above the city, staring northwest::
Feb 04 19:56:09 <Alderic> "Not especially. Leopold is still the glue that holds it all together."
Feb 04 19:57:53 <bynw> ::Elden:: "He will have to be stopped. Or we will all be enslaved or dead."
Feb 04 20:00:14 * DesertRose is now known as Alianna
Feb 04 20:00:16 <Alderic> ::Nods and frowns:: "We have been from one side of the empire to the other Elden and it seems we have made little or no difference."
Feb 04 20:00:53 <bynw> ::Elden turns back to Alderic:: "We are about to make a difference."
Feb 04 20:01:12 <bynw> "Captain!" ::he calls out for Alianna::
Feb 04 20:01:16 * Alianna frowns as she follows the conversation.
Feb 04 20:01:21 <Alianna> "Right here."
Feb 04 20:02:56 <bynw> "I need passage to Arrin." ::he pauses:: "But before you agree you must known that Arrin, unlike many nations, does watch her skies. Your guns will have to be secured and unusable in the Arrin skies."
Feb 04 20:04:14 * Alianna 's frown turns to a scowl.  "I don't like that thought.  I don't like leaving my ship defenseless."
Feb 04 20:04:29 <Alianna> "Not that we don't have some arcane defenses but I don't like that thought."
Feb 04 20:06:06 <Alderic> ::Chuckles:: "Yes Elden, some unscrupulous pirate could take advantage of us." ::smiles at Alianna::
Feb 04 20:06:18 <bynw> ::Elden waves his hand:: "Completely understandable. I will take the Imperial Gate." ::back to Alderic:: "Contact your father and grandfather. We have things to discuss with them and business to conclude."
Feb 04 20:06:31 * Alianna moves as if to hit Alderic on the arm, then stops in mid-motion and laughs sharply.
Feb 04 20:07:14 <Alderic> ::Joins Alianna laughing::
Feb 04 20:07:49 * Maydla walks up while sipping a slightly steamy mug of tea.
Feb 04 20:08:17 <bynw> "I will need about a week" ::Elden says and reaches into his coat pulling out two small metal rods, slightly longer than a man's hand and about an inch thick, but otherwise featureless::
Feb 04 20:08:54 <Alderic> ::Nods to Elden:: "I will, where should they meet us? Holding in depth conversation over distance can be quite difficult."
Feb 04 20:10:05 <bynw> ::he hands one of the metals rods to Alderic:: "When you know where we will meet. Just hold this up to your mouth and speak my name and tell me. I will answer."
Feb 04 20:12:02 <Alderic> ::eyes the rod appraisingly:: "Interesting trinket. May I study it?"
Feb 04 20:12:51 <bynw> ::he grabs the lapel of the coat:: "Remember these coats make sure if you fall overboard you dont fall to the ground and die." ::he goes over the rail and before jumping off the ship tells Alderic:: "Be my guest"
Feb 04 20:13:23 <Alderic> ::begins turning it over in his hands looking it over:: "Does it fold space to send the message. I could possibly...." ::Startles at being grabbed::
Feb 04 20:14:46 <Alderic> ::raises and eyebrow at Alderic's dramatic exit:: "I must learn that trick someday..."
Feb 04 20:16:35 * Alianna stifles another laugh.
Feb 04 20:22:09 * Alianna schools her face into a neutral expression.  "Should we go get in contact with your father and grandfather, Alderic?"
Feb 04 20:28:16 <Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "I'm out of ideas besides just rolling up on Kirsh and hoping we find something. Contacting my Father seems a bit safer."
Feb 04 20:30:32 * Alianna stifles a chuckle.  "All right, what's the best way to get in touch with him?"
Feb 04 20:31:44 <Alderic> "Magic."
Feb 04 20:32:23 * Alianna laughs.  "Then get cracking on your magic."
Feb 04 20:34:08 <Alderic> ::Snaps to attention and fires off a sharp salute to Alianna, only slightly ruined by a smirk:: "Yes mam, Captain mam."
Feb 04 20:34:18 * Alianna laughs again.
Feb 04 20:35:14 * Alianna turns to Maydla.  "Do you have some more of that tea?  It's very good and seems to make me feel simultaneously reasonably calm and yet focused."
Feb 04 20:37:16 <Alderic> ::Pulls a paint brush from his bag and begins "painting" an intricate arcane circle on the deck. The brush leaves a trail of golden light without the need of paint::
Feb 04 20:38:09 * Alianna watches with some interest, looking away to tend to the airship.
Feb 04 20:38:32 * Maydla to Alianna: "Yes, Captain. I'll make a fresh pot and bring you some. Is there anything else you'd like?"
Feb 04 20:38:48 <Alianna> "No, that'll be fantastic.  Thank you."
Feb 04 20:45:42 * Maydla disappears belowdecks for a few minutes then returns with two steamy cups of tea and hands one to Alianna.
Feb 04 20:45:54 * Alianna takes the cup of tea and smiles at Maydla.  "Thank you."
Feb 04 20:45:57 <Alderic> ::Finishing the circle the lines throb once in a subdued flash of light. Alderic pricks his finger and adds a single drop of his blood to the center of the circle. As the drop hit the deck the air in the circle seems to ripple like a stone dropped in a pond, and continues to ripple::
Feb 04 20:46:46 * Maydla eyes the circle and takes a few steps away.
Feb 04 20:48:35 <Alderic> ::A voice echoes as if in a canyon and from a great distance. One must listen carefully to make out the words, but the tone is obviously that of Nym Gibran, Alderic's father::
Feb 04 20:50:03 <Alderic> *Nym* "It is good to hear from you son."
Feb 04 20:51:35 <Alderic> ::Alderic raises his voice and speaks to the circle:: "Father we need to meet. Can you meet me at the Library in Torr in one week's time?"
Feb 04 20:52:25 <Alderic> *Nym* "Of course."
Feb 04 20:54:01 <Alderic> "Father, Leopold has re-founded the nation of Valimar. Bring Grandfather as well. I have an old friend who wants to talk to you. It's important."
Feb 04 20:54:16 <Alderic> *Nym* "I will be there."
Feb 04 20:56:39 <Alderic> ::he kicks the circle, breaking the lines. They dissipate as if evaporating and in a moment the deck is as if nothing had been done to it::
Feb 04 20:59:42 <Alderic> "Well we have our meet. And a good distance to travel."
Feb 04 21:05:41 <Alianna> "So we have to get to Torr.  Let me go talk to my navigator and see about the best route."
Feb 04 21:07:05 * Maydla has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Feb 04 21:07:55 * Sarah (Mibbit@D82662.974088.4DFADC.C34E1D) has joined #teara-adan
Feb 04 21:08:09 * Sarah is now known as Maydla
Feb 04 21:10:08 * Alianna goes over to the navigator and plots a course with jumps to get them to Torr in a week.
Feb 04 21:18:19 <Alianna> "Okay, we're going to have to do some jumping, but we can do it."
Feb 04 21:24:33 <bynw> :: the flight and jumps to Torr are rather and thankfully uneventful, cruising into the skies over the city of Waldsworth just 6 days later::
Feb 04 21:28:36 <Alderic> ::looks over the side of the ship at the land below, then holds the rod Elden gave him to up to his mouth:: "Elden, we are meeting at the library in Torr."
Feb 04 21:30:10 <bynw> **Elden's voice comes from the metal rod** "Excellent. When?"
Feb 04 21:30:56 <Alderic> "tomorrow."
Feb 04 21:31:16 <Alianna> ::to Alderic:: "You could give him a time of day."
Feb 04 21:31:46 <Alderic> ::nods:: "Say, in time for lunch?"
Feb 04 21:31:56 <bynw> **Elden** "I'll be there."
Feb 04 21:32:13 <Alderic> "excellent."
Feb 04 21:34:22 <Alderic> "Shall we descend Captain and tour the Library?"
Feb 04 21:34:35 <Alianna> "Absolutely."
Feb 04 21:34:51 * Alianna turns to the pilot and directs him to guide the ship to an anchoring place.
Feb 04 21:35:57 <bynw> ::fortunately Waldsworth has such an anchoring, much like those lower docks found at Hemmelhold, Perfect for such an airship**
Feb 04 21:36:28 * Alianna supervises as the pilot pulls the airship into position.
Feb 04 21:37:31 * Alianna turns to her crew.  "Okay, yesterday while we were still in transit, I made a liberty chart.  It's posted in the mess room, so go see when you get to be off the ship and go enjoy Waldsworth."  She smiles.
Imperial Dreams / Session 45
Last post by Bynw - 07 January 2015, 23:34:20
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> |------------------------------------------------
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> |          Session 45 - Imperial Dreams
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> |
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | The crew and passengers of the Aerie have
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | reached SouthWind, the Imperial Capital. Again
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | they are not alone in the skys over the city,
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | several other airships are present.
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | Alderic, Elden and Alliana make their way to
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | the Imperial Senate building. The Emperor is
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | in the Senate chambers so the three decide to
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | join the observation galleries. This time they
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | are not packed with people as the excitement
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | of a new Emperor has passed.
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | Maydla stayed up with the ship for a while
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | until she decided to shop for supplies in the
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | city markets.
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | During the routine Senate session, a well
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | dressed man stands and introduces himself as
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | "The Voice of the King" of the reformed
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | nation of New Valimar. And produces a copy
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | of the Imperial Charter, signed without
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | reservations or ammendments. By law admitting
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | the new nation into full member status of the
Dec 10 20:36:15 <bynw> | Empire.
Dec 10 20:38:35 * Maylda is now known as Maydla
Dec 10 20:39:28 <Alderic> ::With a grin he grabs both Alianna's hand in one of his and Elden's in the other:: "Fuck this."
Dec 10 20:39:45 * Alianna looks at Alderic in some alarm.
Dec 10 20:40:21 <bynw> *The documents are past down to be entered into the Senate's records as the man takes his seat next to his companion, an obvious clerk.
Dec 10 20:41:05 <Alderic> !df 4
Dec 10 20:41:05 <ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)(-)
Dec 10 20:43:46 <Alderic> ::The three of them vanish in a pop as the air rushes to fill the instantaneous void suddenly left where they stood, in less than the blink of an eye they appear with another pop onto the stage, near the left side::
Dec 10 20:44:03 <Alderic> "I object!"
Dec 10 20:44:36 <bynw> ::as the 3 appear on the stage they are surrounded by hooded white robed giants, at least 9 feet tall all with wooden staves::
Dec 10 20:45:34 <Alderic> ::ignores the giants, but makes no move to provoke them and does not advance any further::
Dec 10 20:46:14 <Alderic> ::Looks to Elden and whispers:: "You wanted to live, don't just stand there."
Dec 10 20:46:17 * Alianna keeps her eyes on Alderic, wondering just what the merry hell is going on.
Dec 10 20:47:20 <bynw> ::The Emperor rises at the unexpected commotion at the stage:: "What is the meaning of this? You are not a member of the Senate and have no right to object to its business."
Dec 10 20:48:45 <Alderic> "I am a member of the empire and I remind this council that Valimar is not recognized as a nation as it holds no land! At best it is an organization!"
Dec 10 20:49:58 <Alderic> ::looks to the new comer from Valimar to refute::
Dec 10 20:50:01 <bynw> ::the man titled 'voice of the king' raises his hand towards the Emperor and rises back to his feet::
Dec 10 20:50:20 <bynw> ::the white robed guards take a bit more of a relaxed stance::
Dec 10 20:53:09 <bynw> ::Valimarian:: "I know of you. You are the son of Master Gibran. I will entertain your objections even though they are irrelevant."
Dec 10 20:55:18 <Alderic> ::bows to the man respectfully, asks loudly for the council to hear:: "I am at a disadvantage, you know me but you gave no name of your own?"
Dec 10 20:56:00 <bynw> ::Valimarian:: "It is true that Valimar, as a nation is no more. It was destroyed many centuries ago and wiped off the map. However Valimar's people survived, their spirit and love of their nation survived. And her colonies all survived."
Dec 10 20:56:39 <bynw> ::Valimarian:: "I am Lord Cedric Aloc. The Voice of the King. I speak with the full authority of the King of New Valimar."
Dec 10 20:58:08 <Alderic> "and where are these colonial lands then if we may ask?" ::spreads his arms to encompass the senate::
Dec 10 20:58:17 <bynw> ::Cedric:: "Valimar is not a member of this Empire. But her 3 major colonies are members. Utha. Flora and now New Valimar."
Dec 10 20:59:59 <bynw> ::Eldon:: "New Valimar, was Valimar's first attempt at establishing a colony. On the island of Evermore. Which after the fall of Valimar, became part of the Arrin Imperiums territories."
Dec 10 21:01:15 <Alderic> "I see. Which means your lands are contested by the Arrin Imperium?"
Dec 10 21:01:55 <bynw> ::Cedric looking across at Eldon now a bit of a puzzled look crossing his face:: "Martin?" ::he asks himself softly, barely audible before continuing.::
Dec 10 21:02:55 <bynw> "The island of Evermore did fall to the control and holding of Arrin. At one time a strong ally of Valimar, which is why the provision existed in the first place. It wasn't by conquest."
Dec 10 21:04:18 <bynw> "New Valimar's full ownership and rights have been granted back to her own destiny by the Arrin government. All of the documentation is provided in the papers delivered into the Senate record here. It is all official and legal."
Dec 10 21:05:24 <bynw> ::the white robed giants move back into the shadows around the stage, letting the trio alone just as Cedric begins to make his way towards them::
Dec 10 21:10:02 <Alderic> ::whispers to Eldon:: "Where is the Arrin Senator?"
Dec 10 21:12:01 <bynw> ::Eldon points him out in the seats reserved for the actual attending members of the Imperial Senate and remarks that it's Arrin's Chancellor who is here. Can't get much higher than that.
Dec 10 21:14:02 <Alderic> ::looks to the Chancellor::
Dec 10 21:14:27 <Alderic> ??does he appear in the least concerned or agitated??
Dec 10 21:14:58 <bynw> ::the Arrin Chancellor seems to be taking notes but doesn't show any signs of concern or agitation::
Dec 10 21:16:13 <bynw> ::Cedric reaches the stage and walks directly over toward Alderic and the others with him."
Dec 10 21:17:05 <Alderic> ::Looks back to Cedric:: "And how do we" ::again indicates the senate:: "know this is not a coup of somekind? An internal conflict, and hence outside the imperial charter to interfere or take sides."
Dec 10 21:17:49 * Maydla inconspicuously peruses the vendors wares in the marketplace and generally gathers information about the area while doing so by talking with the people around her.
Dec 10 21:20:12 <Alderic> "Perhaps a delegation should be dispatched to ascertain the validity of your claims?"
Dec 10 21:21:13 <bynw> ::Cedric:: "So you think like a Valimarian. It is good to know your bloodline still boils in your veins. And you don't know that at all. But generally in a coup, those performing such an act would not leave the current regime in control."
Dec 10 21:22:50 <Alderic> "Unless they initiated it to consolidate power. Such as changing from elected officials to Kings."
Dec 10 21:23:36 <bynw> ::Cedric:: "It is a matter of public record. New Valimar is a member of the Imperial Senate as of now. But, if you are so concerned, maybe you should ascertain the validity yourself. You are of noble blood in 3 nations represented here, certainly you qualify."
Dec 10 21:24:50 <Alderic> "I suggest a third party that is unaffiliated. Perhaps one of the Senate themselves?" ::looks out to the Senate::
Dec 10 21:27:07 <bynw> ::The Halifaxian delegation rises:: "Your Majesty. We call upon this body to check the validity of the claims of this rise of statehood."
Dec 10 21:28:37 <bynw> ::The Mariabronn delegation rises:: "We second the motion and call for a private vote on the matter. Have the non members observers cleared."
Dec 10 21:29:22 <Alderic> ::Smiles to Cedric and moves close to him, he whispers:: "You'll want to see me after. Come to our ship."
Dec 10 21:30:09 <Alderic> ::Bows to the Senate and moves to clear the stage::
Dec 10 21:30:32 <bynw> ::The Emperor calls the Senate to vote on the matter. And orders that the observers be cleared from the chamber and galleries::
Dec 10 21:31:53 <bynw> ::Alderic, Eldon, and Alianna are escorted from the chamber. But unlike the others, they are not sent into the halls. But into the waiting antechamber of the Emperor::
Dec 10 21:32:12 * Alianna follows Alderic into the antechamber.
Dec 10 21:33:03 <Alderic> "Eldon can you ward the room from ease dropping?"
Dec 10 21:33:51 <bynw> ::he nods::
Dec 10 21:35:36 <Alderic> ::Waits a moment for Eldon to complete the ward before continuing:: "I bought us sometime, maybe a bit of leverage. Eldon, how did this happen?"
Dec 10 21:35:43 <bynw> ::Eldon:: "I'm sure we will have a meeting with the Emperor when the voting is completed."
Dec 10 21:39:08 <bynw> ::Eldon:: "I don't know. Hemmelhold's agents in Arrin haven't reported any such transfer of land. At the last report I saw anyway. Unless its a very recent change. Evermore isn't very populated. A few coastal settlements is all."
Dec 10 21:44:51 <bynw> ::the Emperor slips into the room with a couple of guards:: "The Senate will check the validity of New Valimar. Arrin and Utha both voted against the check. Halifax, Mariabronn, and Paradise voted for it. Other nations were either for or abstained from the vote."
Dec 10 21:45:54 <bynw> ::Emperor:: "Did you bring Chadwick's memories like you promised?"
Dec 10 21:48:54 <Alderic> ::Nods and pulls the orb from his satchel, then hands it over to the Emperor::
Dec 10 21:49:47 <bynw> ::he takes it:: "I must get back. Thank you." ::and he departs::
Dec 10 21:54:33 <bynw> ::Eldon:: "Very telling. I guess we should get going here, he isn't coming back you know"
Dec 10 21:55:06 <Alianna> "It doesn't look that way, no."
Dec 10 21:56:12 <Alderic> ::Waits until he has left to continue:: "Yes. I believe Cedric will be coming to see us soon."
Dec 10 21:56:51 * Alianna nods.
Dec 10 21:57:05 <Alderic> "It appears things have changed in Arrin since your departure Eldon."
Dec 10 22:01:21 * Alianna mutters, "No shit," just slightly louder than she meant to.
Imperial Dreams / Session 46
Last post by Bynw - 07 January 2015, 23:33:25
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> |------------------------------------------------
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> |          Session 46 - Imperial Dreams
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> |
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Alderic, Elden, Alliana, and Maylda have
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | returned to the Aerie. Awaiting the potential
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | arrival of the New Valimarian "Voice of the
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | King", Lord Cedric. Invited to the ship by
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Alderic at the opening of the Senate.
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Floating above the great Imperial city of
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Southwind the ship of Alliana is not alone. The
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | other airships keep their distance from one
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | another. Not wishing to intrude upon the domains
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | of other nations.
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | While the crew waits Elden state that he is in
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | contact with a friend in the Sentate and will
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | be informed once Lord Cedric leaves or the
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Senate session comes to an end.
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | After waiting for several hours, at almost dusk,
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Elden announces that the Senate has ended today's
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | session and the Lord Cedric has left the building.
Jan 07 20:02:26 <Alderic> ::To Elden:: "Have you heard word how this new valimar managed to grab your former kingdom's land?"
Jan 07 20:04:27 <bynw> ::Elden:: "No details. But apparently there was a substantial sum offered for the island by Valimarian nationalist to the Arrin Senate. And they accepted the offer."
Jan 07 20:05:43 <Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "You wanted to step down from making decisions..."
Jan 07 20:07:51 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Hemmelhold is an independent city-state. The Arrin Senate has no authority over us and we have little influence over them. I hear the sum was accepted almost due to that it couldn't be met but it was."
Jan 07 20:09:06 <Alderic> "You must remember, was old Valimar really that bad? Tell me about it."
Jan 07 20:10:02 <bynw> ::Elden sits down on a deck chair and closes his eyes a moment::
Jan 07 20:11:52 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Valimar, the country of strength. Founded by two war-lords. Both of which were not human. But they have human help. A sorceress, an Anadari Knight and his brother. A druid. And the people of the region of Halifax that Valimar was carved out of during those days."
Jan 07 20:13:53 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Halifax lost half its land during it's civil war. The nations of Valimar, Kaydia, Datan, and New Xanthia were formed out of the wilderness. A good thing too as it created some buffer between Halifax and Adan."
Jan 07 20:16:25 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Within a generation. Valimar, Kaydia and Datan were at war with each other. Threatening to drag Halifax, Einar, New Xanthia, and Adan into the conflict. Those 4 nations did not want any part of the war of these young states."
Jan 07 20:17:58 <bynw> ::Elden:: "That conflict ended with the destruction of Kaydia, the destruction of Datan and the temporary destruction of Valimar. It was called the Sky Light War and it created the Black Desert."
Jan 07 20:20:54 <bynw> "Valimar rose of the defeat of its ashes and renewed itself with the next generation of leaders, the war-lords who formed the country were dead but their generals lived on. Leopold was the first to claim victory after the war and the first to be crowed as its new King. The lands belonging to Kaydia become Valimarian but the Datan lands were absorbed by New Xanthia."
Jan 07 20:23:17 <bynw> "There was some good in Valimar. The last king and its first president after switching to a republic, John Coatleaf was a friend in previous life." ::Elden's voice drifts off a bit::
Jan 07 20:28:25 <bynw> ::It's been centuries since that time. What was once Valimar and parts of Kaydia is now part of Paradise, Halifax and Adan. What was once New Xanthia, Datan and parts of Kaydia is now Paradise. But the people, especially in the south were Valimar once reigned, still speak Valmari. I would bet those nationalist came from that region. But where they got the money to buy the island ... money like that is rarely seen now days."
Jan 07 20:30:19 <Alderic> "So under different leadership old Valimar could have been a very different place? A very different history you think?"
Jan 07 20:30:31 <bynw> ::Elden looks across the deck where Lord Cedric is standing. Floating by magical means just outside the ship. He is not alone. With him is an alluring long red haired woman::
Jan 07 20:30:44 <bynw> ::Elden nods in answer to Alderic::
Jan 07 20:36:29 <Alderic> ::Looks about for the Captain::
Jan 07 20:39:01 <bynw> ::Alliana and her crew take a look at the new comers. She turns to Alderic:: "Well you invited him!"
Jan 07 20:41:28 <Alderic> ::chuckles and bows to Aliana:: "As you say Captain. It is your ship though to grant permission to board or not." ::looks meaningfully to Aliana, then to the newcomers.:: "I am but a lowly passenger here."
Jan 07 20:43:15 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Permission to come aboard for myself and companion the Lady Carmine"
Jan 07 20:44:13 <bynw> ::Alliana looks back to the two magically floating off the deck and back to Alderic:: "Granted" ::she says watching the pair::
Jan 07 20:45:01 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric bows at the neck:: "Thank you Captain." ::the pair cross over to the ship and stand firmly on its deck::
Jan 07 20:46:17 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric turns to attention to Alderic:: "Prince Alderic. Master of Tennes and Master of Kes. You wished to speak with me?"
Jan 07 20:49:21 <Alderic> ::Steps forward and bows, his flowing clothes fluttering in the nights breeze, his hands tucked up his large sleeves.:: "Yes Lord Cedric, you've made quite the stir today in the capital."
Jan 07 20:51:00 <bynw> ::Lady Carmine's appearance is noted by the crew of the Aerie. Her hair flows in the wind just so to turn men's heads and eyes. The allure of figure ... perfect. It tugs at any male looking at her::
Jan 07 20:51:40 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Stir or none. It was not an attempt to cause a stir. Only to see our rightful place among nations once more."
Jan 07 20:52:50 <Alderic> "Your timing is what concerns many. Do you know what I'm speaking of?"
Jan 07 20:57:12 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Our plan was carried out under its own time table. Nothing else mattered. But you must be speaking of the awakening of Kirsh that was felt even by our people far away from it. But that was over a month and more ago. Unless there is something else that bothers you about our timing."
Jan 07 20:59:17 * Maydla has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jan 07 21:00:09 <Alderic> ::Nods, his eyes focus on Lady Carmine as he speaks:: "Leopold."
Jan 07 21:00:35 * Sarah (Mibbit@OWIRCN-5237b132.ga.charter.com) has joined #teara-adan
Jan 07 21:00:51 * Sarah is now known as Maydla
Jan 07 21:01:00 <Alderic> ??Does her body language give anything away when Alderic says that??
Jan 07 21:02:42 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "His Highness is what brought the Valimarian people out of their centuries of bondage in the lands of others."
Jan 07 21:04:26 <Alderic> !df 4
Jan 07 21:04:26 <ChanServ> Result: (-)( )(+)(+)
Jan 07 21:07:38 <bynw> ::The Lady Carmine's reaction to this whole meeting seems to be one of boredom. And despite her good looks Alderic appears to be immune to her alluring nature. She makes no outward sign at the statement about Leopold. But something about her is very familiar::
Jan 07 21:14:29 <Alderic> "So you Venerate Leopold?"
Jan 07 21:16:19 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Of course. He is my King. I am His Voice. It is an honor to serve Him in this capacity."
Jan 07 21:17:01 <Alderic> "THE Leopold. The general of old. He is your king?"
Jan 07 21:17:57 * Maydla has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jan 07 21:20:27 <bynw> "General Leopold. Anadari Master. King of Valimar. King of New Valimar." ::Lord Cedric says::
Jan 07 21:22:26 <Alderic> ::Schools his face to a mask:: "And your king has nothing to do with the awakening at Kirsh you are saying?"
Jan 07 21:26:04 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "I stated that the awakening of Kirsh had nothing to do with our rise of being a nation once again. They are not related events, no timing exists between the two."
Jan 07 21:34:55 <Alderic> "I'm curious, did you happen to mention who your king was when you purchased the land from the Arrin?"
Jan 07 21:35:57 <Alderic> ::Waves the answer off:: "I suppose it doesn't matter, does it. The deal is done."
Jan 07 21:38:01 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "It is done. Valimar has returned to its rightful place among nations as New Valimar. We have a patriots who will flock to the banner of crossed axes. We have joined the Empire to live in peace with our neighbors."
Jan 07 21:39:30 <Alderic> ::Laughs, then pauses to study Lord Cedric a moment. His expression turning to surprise and disbelief::
Jan 07 21:42:03 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Our capital is being built out of the wilderness. We invite you Prince Alderic to visit as our guest."
Jan 07 21:43:45 <Alderic> "What reaction do you imagine the world will have to a kingdom, any kingdom, under Leopold's rule?"
Jan 07 21:52:17 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "The same reaction you are having. Fear. The centuries have turned our King into a legendary monster. But the true people of Valimar hold him in high regard. Even those of Flora and Utha. His veneration is well deserved, despite the monster stories told by those who thought they had defeated him."
Jan 07 21:55:32 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "How will you be remembered hundreds of years after you are thought to be dead. Your achievements will be exaggerated. Your failures will be grand. And your personality will become profound. It happens to all great men."
Jan 07 21:56:06 <Alderic> ::again he chuckles:: "Your mistaking me. I do not fear Leopold. Why should I? He will not hurt me personally. I imagine he thinks I am beneath his notice. I am astounded by the stupidity of your choices..."
Jan 07 21:59:57 <Alderic> "As much as Leopold is responsible for bringing Valimar up, his ruthlessness brought it down. His leadership put him at odds with the world. Knowing that putting him as your king would do the same, again; you are still following him. Illogical. You are afraid you cannot make Valimar something great without him. You fear that. And hence you project those fears on everyone else and dream of reigning supreme as a mask to your weakness...."
Jan 07 22:02:59 <Alderic> "Your choices are based on the fear that you can not stand as a nation without Leopold. And that has made you open to manipulation by Leopold. And that will put you at odds with the rest of the world. A self forefilling fear."
Jan 07 22:03:31 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Leopold did not bring Valimar down. Twan-do did. And those harlots who opposed his rule and staged a coup while he was fighting in the Llorn Kcor war bringing freedom the southlands."
Jan 07 22:06:03 <Alderic> "For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Those events where and are inevitable. You and Leopold are too short sighted to see that."
Jan 07 22:08:20 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "And you have listened to tall-tales. Stories used to frighten children. But the monsters under the beds has the name Valimar and Leopold attached to it. History has always been rewritten by the victors of any conflict. And when a defeated people rise up stating you are wrong. Fear is the result. History shows this ... look around in Halifax, many still fear magic-users there because of Adan."
Jan 07 22:09:25 <bynw> "And many in Adan fear that Halifax seeks to take them by the sword one day. Ancient stories retold to children who tell it to their children. Stop hating Valimar. Let us live in peace."
Jan 07 22:10:36 <Alderic> "Your argument is circular and based on the assumption that Leopold is not the man history painted him as. What if you are wrong?"
Jan 07 22:12:52 <Alderic> ::shakes his head:: "Nothing I say here will sway you though."
Jan 07 22:14:34 <Alderic> "New Valimar could have been something. It is very possible. You may have even found allies in Adan. But a Valimar under Leopold will never last. What a waste."
Jan 07 22:14:46 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "I could say the same of you. But I dare you to break the circle. Stop the cycle of hatred of Valimar. See what what fruit is produced. I am not wrong, I know my King. He is a just man."
Jan 07 22:16:34 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "We thank you for the opportunity to talk with another Prince. But we have other audiences to keep. And we must bid you a good eve." ::he bows at the neck to Alderic::
Jan 07 22:17:23 <Alderic> "I'm sorry to have wasted your time Lord Cedric." ::bows and turns and away to walk to the rail on the other side of the ship, his back to Cedric::
Jan 07 22:18:07 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric and Lady Carmine walk towards the edge rail of the ship and step off into the darkness of the night::
Jan 07 22:19:33 <bynw> ::Elden:: "He wasn't alone. And she wasn't human."
Jan 07 22:20:35 <Alderic> "Of course. She was a Dragon. and I'm sure Leopold was and is listening."
Jan 07 22:20:59 <Alderic> ::Smiles:: "Did you like my little show for him?"
Jan 07 22:21:52 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Indeed. I think you pressed the button of all three of them. Just a little."
Jan 07 22:25:34 <Alderic> @@::To Elden:: "He is right though, hordes will flock to the Valimar Banner. And to oppose Valimar will mean war and the dissolving of the empire. I only see one way to avoid a blood bath that has been Leopold's plan from the start. One chink in his armor."@@
Jan 07 22:27:02 <bynw> @@ ::To Alderic:: "And the cycle will continue, for good reason. What do you see?"@@
Jan 07 22:27:20 <Alderic> @@"Someone will have to challenge him to a dual-arcane....and win."@@
Imperial Dreams / Session 44
Last post by Bynw - 05 November 2014, 20:17:46

I am missing this session log
Imperial Dreams / Session 43
Last post by Bynw - 25 September 2014, 19:10:45

19:53 <bynw> |------------------------------------------------
19:53 <bynw> |          Session 43 - Imperial Dreams
19:53 <bynw> |
19:53 <bynw> | The debate continues high in the clouds between
19:53 <bynw> | Elden and the crew of the Aeire. Elden is the
19:53 <bynw> | last of a long line of clones who have ruled
19:53 <bynw> | the flying city-state of Hemmelhold. He does
19:53 <bynw> | have the memories of his former selves and has
19:53 <bynw> | the base personality of the original. But each
19:53 <bynw> | clone has its own personality develop as it
19:53 <bynw> | grows and lives. And Elden is just coming into
19:53 <bynw> | his own way of doing things.
19:53 <bynw> | Below are the mountains of Brennasharr. Rough
19:53 <bynw> | peaks rising high into the sky. Soon to be
19:53 <bynw> | covered in snow and ice once fall hits this
19:53 <bynw> | wilderness. A hard land to live in during the
19:53 <bynw> | winter seasons. And even harder to find and
19:53 <bynw> | reach the villiages that dot it's valleys and
19:53 <bynw> | peaks.
20:00 <bynw> ::Elden:: "We should be able to make it SouthWind in about a week do a series of safe jumps. Like you did to get back to Hemmelhold a few days ago."
20:01 <Alianna> "I don't doubt that.  What I doubt is whether I can trust you."
20:04 * anlarye (bynw@OWIRCN-3569b5a3.client.mchsi.com) has joined #teara-adan
20:04 * ChanServ sets mode +q #teara-adan anlarye
20:04 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to anlarye
20:12 <bynw> ::Elden:: "You have the orb containing Chadwick's memories. That is the trust Audric gave to you knowing that he might not make it back." ::he sits down right on the deck:: "If you wish me to leave then I will leave. I would prefer to say and take the journey with you. But I must goto SouthWind."
20:13 * Alianna regards Elden for a few minutes, then takes a deep breath and looks over at Alderic.
20:14 <Alderic> ::purses his lips:: "I don't think anyone is saying to go. What I am saying is that your not Alderic, stop acting like we should just accept you as we did him. Look around you. To us, we just lost a friend."
20:17 * Alianna listens, then looks from Alderic to Elden and then to her first officer.
20:17 <Alderic> "As I see it, your somewhere between a close relative and Audric himself. I welcome you as such. I'm sorry if it's not the welcome you expected."
20:18 * Alianna nods, then barks out an order.  "Prepare for jump!"  The crew, who have been watching the discussion raptly, immediately begin securing for jump.  She nods to her first officer and the first officer begins barking secondary commands.
20:19 <bynw> ::Elden:: "In Hemmelhold we are accustomed to the change. I forget that I am with outsiders, despite the memories of friendships that I have here." ::he taps his head with his finger:: "My people have been in isolation too long and we have been forgotten by others of what we can do."
20:22 <Alderic> ::chuckles:: "You are on the run from Hemmelhold, at least for the moment. And it sounds like Hemmelhold will never be the same again. We are not the outsiders here Elden." ::smiles and extends his hand to Elden::
20:22 <bynw> ::he stands up:: "I am Elden Martin Schear, the former governor-general of the autonomous Arrin city-state of Hemmelhold." ::he says to Alderic while extending his hand:: "I know you need no introductions. As you are the grandson of Lord Temere, an old friend of mine."
20:23 * Alianna chuckles as well and walks over to the two men.  "As you should know, I am Alianna Rudhira, captain of the Aerie.  And you two should find a secure place, because we're about to jump."
20:24 <bynw> ::Elden walks to the mast and closes his eyes::
20:25 <Alderic> ::Walks to the rail and grips it, closes his eyes and takes a deep breath savoring the crisp mountain air::
20:26 * Alianna claps Elden on the back, walks toward the helmsman, and takes a firm grip on a rail near the wheel.
20:30 * Alianna grips the teleportation device and activates it, heading out of the mountains and in the general direction of South Wind.
20:35 <bynw> ::the Aerie drops in altitude like a falling rock as the jump concludes, the crewman manning the trim controls quickly recovers before any disaster can happen. But not all crewmen survive the vertigo with their innards intact.::
20:36 * Alianna is one of the unfortunate ones, succumbing to her tendency toward teleportation sickness.
20:38 <bynw> ::below the ship now are the flat plains and rolling hills of Halifax, level sailing on the winds without the need of constant trim adjustments like what is required in the peaks and valleys of mountains.::
20:39 * Alianna looks up after retching all over the deck, fortunately not hitting any clothing but her boots.  She looks to her first mate, who managed the jump without being sick, but who immediately yells for a very junior crew member to come swab the decks.
20:39 * Alianna takes a deep breath.  "I'm going below for a minute to clean up my boots and rinse my mouth out with some water and maybe some mint tea too."
20:41 <Alderic> ::nods, a bit pale but otherwise firm::
20:44 <Alderic> "It gets easier with practice is all i can say." ::burps and pales a bit more::
20:44 <Alderic> ::sighs deeply::
20:45 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Teleportation is very useful. Which is why these ships have it."
20:46 <Alderic> ::To Elden:: "So why aren't the Arrin teaching children in Montaire?"
20:50 <bynw> ::Elden:: "The Arrin are known for being warriors and mercenaries. We are also known for have great works in stone and metal and for clockwork mechanics. If you look hard enough you might find an Arrin in the universities of Montaire."
20:52 <bynw> "Arrin has great steam engines and we are unequaled in the production and design of firearms. Personal or military. Pistols to cannons."
20:54 * Alianna returns to the upper deck, still slightly green about the gills but in control of her stomach and with clean boots.
20:59 <bynw> ::Elden:: "There will always be those who cannot teleport. Best for them to teleport in their sleep."
21:00 <Alianna> "I can do it.  Just not without getting a bit sick."  She manages a slight smile.
21:06 <bynw> ::Elden:: "You would probably be sick in the Astral as well Captain. It is like being in the nothingness of teleportation but for a much longer period. No up or down either."
21:07 * Alianna grimaces.  "Yeah, no thanks."
21:08 <bynw> ::Elden:: "But to combat Leopold. All of those things will be needed. His Anadari, the undisputed masters of the Astral"
21:09 <bynw> (His = he is)
21:10 <Alianna> "Oh great."
21:13 <Alderic> "if all of Adan can come together....."::shrugs::
21:14 <bynw> ::Elden:: "The Empire is together. With the orb of Chadwick's memories, the Empire can be shown the true evil of Leopold, at least in his dealings with Chadwick."
21:18 <Alderic> "if you change a little everytime you reincarnate, why has Chadwick never changed after all of his? Or is the change that minor?"
21:21 <bynw> "It's a different process for him than it was for us." ::Elden says:: "He might of personality shifts to a slight degree. Probably pushing him more towards hatred with every new incarnation."
21:23 <bynw> "Audric didn't have time to examine all of Chadwick's life to verify that kind of detail."
21:24 <Alianna> "I don't know how much I care, as long as we can end him--and the power behind him--for good."
21:27 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Once we reach SouthWind. I will finish Audric's mission. I will make sure the orb of Chadwick's memories that is in the care of Alderic right now makes it to the Emperor. I will meet with Master Gibran to begin arrangements to have him obtain the body of Chadwick from Hemmelhold. Then I can go about doing anything I want to do."
21:28 <Alianna> "Freedom is a nice feeling."
21:33 <Alderic> ::nods:: "A man like yourself, with all that knowledge, could make a difference teaching science, magic, and medicine in the capital."
21:33 <bynw> ::travel over Halifax is smooth. No storms, natural or otherwise are encountered by the Aerie and its crew and passengers. Just a good strong wind that takes the ship straight on towards its destination cutting some time of the journey. Just one jump will be needed to get close to SouthWind where the ship can just glide into the city::
21:34 * Alianna attends to the running of the ship, occasionally calling out orders.
21:35 <bynw> ::Elden:: "What I know. The world is not ready for such knowledge yet. But it is passed down to every new generation in Hemmelhold."
21:42 <Alderic> "Just a suggestion."
21:47 <bynw> "But then Leopold is the biggest threat we have facing the Empire. Even more dangerous than the Mohadine."
Imperial Dreams / Session 42
Last post by Bynw - 25 September 2014, 19:10:02

20:48 <bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:48 <bynw> |          Session 42 - Imperial Dreams
20:48 <bynw> |
20:48 <bynw> | High above the mountains of Brennasharr the
20:48 <bynw> | Aerie floats effertlessly amoung the clouds.
20:48 <bynw> | Enroute to SouthWind and the Imperial Senate
20:48 <bynw> | the crew and guests travel with the memories
20:48 <bynw> | of Chadwick.
20:48 <bynw> | The newest person to join the group is the
20:48 <bynw> | current incarnation of Hemmelhold's Govenor-
20:48 <bynw> | General. Elden Schear.
20:48 <bynw> | He looks a bit older than Audric and a little
20:48 <bynw> | weathered. His face has small scar on his
20:48 <bynw> | cheek that is recent and not yet fully healed.
20:48 <bynw> | He is met with some distrust by the Captain
20:48 <bynw> | and the others in her company. His boarding was
20:48 <bynw> | also unorthodox as he teleported on board the
20:48 <bynw> | ship with ease.
20:54 <Alderic> "So you will never 'reincarnate' again?"
20:56 <bynw> ::Elden:: "That is correct. Everything involved in that has been destroyed."
20:57 <Alderic> "Why this form then?"
20:58 * Alianna watches, still wary.
21:01 <bynw> ::Elden looks puzzled:: "Why do I look like Audric you mean?"
21:03 <Alderic> "Why the older version? Why the scar?"
21:06 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Older by your perspective of seeing Audric. I didn't choose it, I just am. And as for the scar ... well that's due to the circumstances of my awakening and a little disagreement with a council member as myself and Audric broke the cycle."
21:06 * Alianna raises one eyebrow.  "That sounds like an interesting tale."
21:09 <bynw> "For another time." ::Elden says:: "Audric died ending the cycle that made all of us slaves to the city and being its ruler. Its a new era for Hemmelhold. And one where we can choose our own fate as well.
21:12 <Alderic> ::raises an eyebrow at Elden:: "And what are your plans?"
21:14 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Fulfilling the promise made to the Emperor and your father. Bringing the memories of Chadwick and making the arrangements to have Chadwick himself turned over to Master Gibran."
21:19 <Alderic> ::Chuckles:: "Hundreds, perhaps thousands of years worth of memories waiting for the moment of freedom...and you have no plans outside the ones your predecessor made?"
21:22 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Those are some short term plans. As those wont take any time at all. I am already reawakening knowledge that has been unused for centuries."
21:22 <bynw> "Our original was a powerful wizard for instance. Which is how I was able to simply teleport onboard."
21:25 <Alderic> "You seem...confident that we will simply accept you as we did Audric."
21:27 <Alianna> "That does seem...a bit presumptuous."
21:29 <bynw> ::Elden:: "My mistake. I believed you would because we are the same person for the most part. There are differences in personalities but those are usually minor."
Imperial Dreams / Session 41
Last post by Bynw - 25 September 2014, 19:06:58

20:29 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:29 <~bynw> |          Session 41 - Imperial Dreams
20:29 <~bynw> |
20:29 <~bynw> | Alderic has the orb containing the sum of
20:29 <~bynw> | Chadwick's knowledge. Maylda has taken her leave
20:29 <~bynw> | of Alderic from the palace library in Hemmelhold.
20:29 <~bynw> | And the pirate captain Alianna has already gone
20:29 <~bynw> | to her pirate ship and crew to prepare for their
20:29 <~bynw> | dawn departure.
20:29 <~bynw> | Audric Schear has not been seen by any of the
20:29 <~bynw> | three or anyone in the palace all night. His men
20:29 <~bynw> | claim that they have not seen him.
20:29 <~bynw> | The first rays of dawn have come to Hemmelhold
20:29 <~bynw> | and the lines are ready to be cast off the ship
20:29 <~bynw> | so it may rise into the sky and clouds above.
20:31 <~bynw> ::the early dawn of Hemmelhold is quiet in the shipyards. Very few are about save for those with other airships that are getting ready to take off on a dawn flight::
20:33  * Alianna is briskly pacing the upper deck of the Aerie, giving orders where needed, but her crew largely know what they're supposed to be doing.
20:36 <~bynw> ::the crew of the Aerie has grown accustomed to the airship, it is a ship after all, not much different that a sea going one in many respects::
20:38  * Maydla awakens, gathers her belongings and sets out towards Alianna's airship to join her
20:39  * Alianna sees Maydla approaching the dock and waves congenially.
20:40 < Maydla> To Alianna: "Good morning, would you care for some warm tea this morn?"
20:40 < Alianna> "Stimulant tea, yes, please.  I never get much sleep the night before setting out."
20:40  * Alderic is awakened by the librarian, having fallen asleep in a large padded chair there. The orb containing Chadwick's memories in his lap and books piled on the table to his right
20:40 < Maydla> "Done."
20:41  * Alianna smiles.
20:41 < Alianna> "Thank you."
20:41 < Alianna> "Do you have any idea where Alderic is?  We can leave as soon as he gets aboard."
20:42 < Maydla> "Last I saw of him, he was in the library."
20:42 < Alianna> "Unless we're supposed to wait for the missing Lord Audric."
20:42  * Maydla sets about brewing the tea belowdecks.
20:44  * Alderic walks down the docks slowly, a mug of black bean tea in his hand. The steam rises in the cool morning air leaving smoky tendrils.
20:44  * Maydla returns a few minutes later with a steaming mug of tea in each hand, giving one to Alianna.
20:45 < Alderic> ::Stifles a yawn:: "No one ever mentions the damnable waking hours when they tell the tales of adventures."
20:46 < Maydla> "wouldn't be much of a story if they did."
20:46 < Maydla> "Good morning, Alderic."
20:47 < Alderic> ::grunts acknowledgment, and takes sip of his tea::
20:48  * Alianna takes the tea mug from Maydla.  "Thank you again."
20:49  * Alianna laughs at Alderic's comment. "No, no they don't."
20:49 < Maydla> "Welcome. Hope you like it."
20:49  * Alianna sips the strong tea and smiles.  "It's good."
20:50 <~bynw> ::the fullness of dawn has reached Hemmelhold as the sun rising in the east tops the mountain ridge
20:50 < Maydla> "Mmmm.... Pretty."
20:50 < Alianna> "Are we ready to cast off? Everybody is present and accounted for except Audric."
20:51 < Alderic> ::Goes to the rail to sip his tea and watch the sun set, hoping the scene will cheer his dreary morning up a bit as well as his disposition::
20:53 < Maydla> "So. Anyone seen hide or hair of Audric lately?"
20:53 < Alderic> "I will have words with Audric if I dragged myself here at this hour while he is home abed."
20:53 < Maydla> brb laundry
20:57 < Alianna> "I have no idea, but you're right.  He'd better not be crashed out somewhere."
20:59 < Alianna> "Time's wasting.  I'm going to go ahead and give the order to cast off.  He can find us later if he needs to."
20:59  * Alianna turns to her second-in-command and gives the order to cast off in a significantly louder voice than she had used to talk to Alderic and Maydla.
21:04 < Alderic> ::looks worried:: "Captain, Audric may be many things, but flaky is not among them. I'm worried."
21:08 <~bynw> ::the first officer reports that all is ready to lift and fly out of the valley::
21:09 < Alianna> "I'm worried too, Alderic, but he TOLD me to take off without him if he wasn't here by dawn."
21:11 < Alderic> ::Nods to Alianna, but looks out at the sun rise thoughtfully, his mind's gears obviously turning::
21:12 < Alderic> "He told you that did he? Sounds as if he knew he wouldn't make it, eh?"
21:12 < Alianna> "He said he might not."
21:13 < Alderic> ::Takes a long sip of his tea and nods thoughtfully::
21:15 < Maydla> "Curiously mysterious."
21:16  * Alianna nods.  "Indeed."
21:20 <~bynw> ::the first officer awaits the given orders as the trimmsman readies himself to begin the lifting process::
21:20 < Maydla> "I assume no one has tried to locate the man in question."
21:23 < Alderic> ::shakes his head:: "Who knows where to even start."
21:24 < Alianna> "There is no damn telling where he is, and he just disappeared."
21:24 < Maydla> "Poof."
21:24 < Alianna> "Pretty much."
21:25  * Alianna turns back to the first officer and barks out the command to lift the airship.
21:26 < Alianna> "We're for South Wind.  If Lord Audric wants to get there, he has ways."
21:27 <~bynw> ::the first officer relays the command and the lines are cast off and the ship begins to rise and turn to catch the wind::
21:30 <~bynw> ::the ship rises above Hemmelhold and turns eastward catching the wind of the mountains. A few days trip before jumping wont be so rough::
21:35  * Alianna smiles at the feeling of the wind brushing her face and rustling her thick red hair.
21:38 < Alderic> ::Looks about him, his head swiveling from side to side, eyes darting::
21:38  * Alianna regards Alderic.  "What's going on?"
21:38 < Maydla> "Problem, Alderic?"
21:41 < Alderic> ! df 4
21:41 < Alderic> !df 4
21:41 <@ChanServ> Result:
  • [ ][-]
    21:46 < Alderic> ::Continues looking about him, scanning the deck of the ship.:: "Someone has joined us."
    21:46  * Alianna looks around.  "What the hell?"
    21:47 <~bynw> ::just as Alderic makes his statement, the magic manifests itself in the center of the maint deck. a man is standing where no one was standing just moments before. his long duster coat blowing in the breeze as looks about the deck with a smile::
    21:49 < Alderic> ??Do I recognize he man??
    21:49 <~bynw> ::it is Audric, but he looks older and weathered, and has the appearance of being through a battle. small scars can be seen on his face::
    21:50  * Alianna regards Audric, and then repeats herself.  "What the hell?"
    21:50 < Alderic> ::his eyebrow arches::
    21:50 <~bynw> "Jump the ship ... now, the mountains be damned. Get us away from Hemmelhold." ::he says walking towards the helm::
    21:51 < Alianna> "Why?"
    21:53 < Alderic> ::Sips his black bean tea, watching the scene unfold over the rim of his cup::
    21:54 <~bynw> "To show that we meant what we said. I can pilot this ship if your trimsman isn't capable of it." ::he replies::
    21:54  * Alianna raises her brows.  "My crew are perfectly competent."  She turns to her first officer and practically roars, "Prepare for jump!"
    21:55  * Maydla settles with a fresh mug of tea and listens intently."
    21:57 <~bynw> ::the crew readies themselves for the jump, knowing within the mountains that the trim of the ship can drop or rise sharply when jumping::
    21:59 < Alderic> ::Grabs hold of the rail with one hand, sipping his tea with the other:: "Meant what we said?"
    22:01 <~bynw> "Yes. The 'royal' we. The council is most angry with last nights events."
    22:01 <~bynw> "Everything has changed for Hemmelhold." ::he says::
    22:02 < Alianna> asks distractedly, "How so?"
    22:02 < Alderic> "I must have missed something while in the library Master Audric. Have you aged?"
    22:02 <~bynw> "I'll tell you when we are a little further away
    22:03 <~bynw> " ::he says to Alianna::
    22:03 <~bynw> ::and to Alderic:: "I am not Audric"
    22:04  * Alianna snaps her head around to regard "Audric."  "Then who in hell are you?"
    22:04 < Maydla> "And why are you on this ship?"
    22:06 < Alderic> ::Chucks the cup of tea over the side, his demeanor changing like a switch, to a darker flavor. He let's go of the rail and begins to circle this newcomer moving to flank him with Alianna opposite::
    22:07 < Alderic> ??Is he armed??
    22:07  * Alianna has a hand on her short sword and another hand very near her Zulu arms pistol grip.
    22:08  * Maydla shifts uncomfortably a few feet away, still seated upon the steps nearby.
    22:08 <~bynw> ::the man of not-Audric has a sword and a pistol at his side, no other visible weapons::
    22:09 <~bynw> ::not-Audric:: "How quickly you forget the story Alderic. The one my previous self gave you that he was not the same Audric your father Nym had met."
    22:12 < Alderic> "I've forgotten nothing stranger. I recall him saying each of you are different. And that makes you a stranger, an armed stowaway, and an arrogant loudmouth in my estimation. You have something to add that's going to change that or you just going to keep running your mouth with orders sir?"
    22:14 < Alderic> ::Plants his feet, arms to his side as if he was ready to draw, though he appears unarmed::
    22:14  * Alianna turns to her first officer and makes an abrupt gesture.  Instantly, the crew stops doing anything that will cause the ship to do anything other than hover.
    22:15  * Maydla sits up, more alert and unsettled.
    22:16 <~bynw> "I have taken the name Elden Schear. It was Audric's invision to free us from eternal slavery as the ruler of Hemmelhold. Audric succeeded. I am the last of a very long line and all of his memories are my memories just as all those who came before us."
    22:17  * Alianna raises an eyebrow at Elden, but keeps her crew on alert and not moving the ship yet.
    22:18 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow at the man:: "Then you should know, the Captain is the only one who gives orders on this ship." ::nods to Alianna with a wicked smile::
    22:19 < Alianna> "AND, my crew doesn't do a damn thing until I say, and I don't say until I know what the shit is going on."
    22:19 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "And Audric gave suggestions in the guise of orders himself to the Captain which were usually heeded."
    22:20 < Alderic> ::Points to the man:: "Your not Audric."
    22:20 < Alianna> "Yes, but Audric explained himself reasonably well."
    22:21  * Maydla raises an eyebrow.
    22:22 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "It is to show the council that I am on board the Aerie and the rules have changed for the city."
    22:23 < Alianna> "Why does the council need to see that you are aboard to change things for the city?"
    22:27 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Because they are a bunch of old men who are resistant to change. Leopold has caused a change which has a ripple effect of other changes."
    22:30  * Maydla snickers quitely.
    22:32 < Alderic> ::relaxes a bit:: "The only constant in the universe. Change."
    22:33 <~bynw> ::Elden to Alianna:: "Jump the ship. Please."
    22:34  * Alianna asks somewhat sarcastically, "Have we worn out our welcome in Hemmelhold, then?"
    22:34 < Alderic> ::Eases up, standing casually now. He looks to Alianna::
    22:35 <~bynw> "Maybe for a time. Let the dust settle a bit."
    22:35 <~bynw> (( well i've got to goto bed ))
    22:36  * Alianna mutters under her breath but loudly enough for Alderic to hear, "This voyage gets weirder by the minute."