[19:49]<Bynw> +-------------------------------------------+
[19:49]<Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 60
[19:49]<Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:49]<Bynw> | Two days have passed as House Horizon
[19:49]<Bynw> | returns to the Special Magician Fortress in
[19:49]<Bynw> | the Einar mountains. Here they plan to meet
[19:49]<Bynw> | again with the Orange Magcian, The Duke of
[19:49]<Bynw> | Stonemont and his associate, Baron Noyse.
[19:49]<Bynw> |
[19:49]<Bynw> | Also in attendance should be Camidus, the
[19:49]<Bynw> | ArchDruid of the Known World or at least of
[19:49]<Bynw> | the Quarte.
[19:49]<Bynw> |     Today's Game Date: Saturday the
[19:49]<Bynw> |              28 Juni 464 NE
[19:49]<Bynw> |            Game Time: Mid-day
[19:49]<Bynw> | Location: Hidden Spectral Magician Fortress
[19:49]<Bynw> |    Located somewhere in the Einar Mnts
[19:49]<Bynw> |          End of Adventure Recap
[19:50]<Bynw> *the tricon's of the anadari can easily find their way back to the hidden fortress through the astral
[19:53]<Bynw> *camidus waits in the open air grassy courtyard of the small keep and survey his surroundings waiting for his hosts and the others to arrive
[19:54]<+Master_Nym> ::Stands next to Camidus, lightly petting his tricon's, Iamar, neck::
[19:57]* Daine appears in a flash of light from the depths of the astral astride Qamar, moving at a trot. He jumps to the ground as Qamar slows. Qamar then takes off at a gallop and vanishes in another flash of light, leaving him standing in the courtyard
[19:57]<+Daine> ::Bows his head to Nym:: "Master."
[19:58]<+Daine> ::He eyes the arch druid:: "You are the Arch Druid Camidus?"
[19:59]<Bynw> *Camidus nods* "I am indeed master Daine" *using the word as a title of respect rather than a title of the anadari*
[20:00]<+Daine> ::Bows his head to Camidus as well:: "It is an honor Arch Druid."
[20:00]* Regan flashes into the courtyard on Rais  scratching his head in deep thought. He mumbles to himself the question: "What in bloody hell is an ArchDruid of the Known World?" He then dismounts, pats Rais affectionately, concentrates briefly then breaks contact with his mount as Rais gallops off into the Silver Realm. Regan bows to those present, but remains silent not wanting to interrupt.
[20:03]<+Master_Nym> "Camidus, this is my student, Regan. Regan, this is the Arch Druid Camdus."
[20:03]<Bynw> *Camidus in Valmari* "It is I who honor you master Daine. The valmari people have long held the Druidic circles in high regard."
[20:04]<Bynw> *Camidus nods at Regan*
[20:04]* Regan leans against his staff as he readjusts the StarSword on his back. Regan smiles: "ArchDruid, Master, brother." :: Declinates his head respectfully. ::
[20:05]* Llanth appears from the astral realm on Adham.
[20:05]<Bynw> *the astral space opens again and Tara walks onto the courtyard sans tricon has she has not been able to successfully summon one*
[20:06]<+Daine> ::Nods to Regan, then returns his attention to Camidus, he makes his unusual gesture of respect, touching hand quickly from from heart, to mouth, to head, and outward:: "As you say Arch Druid."
[20:06]<+Daine> ::Nods to Tara::
[20:08]<+Master_Nym> "Camidus, you may already know my student Tara?" ::he says half questioningly, look back and forth between the two of them::
[20:08]* Regan smiles at Tara.
[20:08]<Bynw> *Camidus nods to Llanth and Tara* "Your majesty. It is an honor to meet you in person" *he says to Tara* "Tell me what it is like to have seen my home go from being unspoiled land to unspeakable desert and then to a forest yet again"
[20:10]* Regan raises both eyebrows. "Majesty?' :: To himself ::
[20:10]<Bynw> *Tara smiles at Nym* "Master. Michon has come down with a slight illness and has requested that Risira stay with him since Taenor still has business elsewhere with his healing talents. He wanted me to relay that to you."
[20:11]<Bynw> *Tara to Camidus* "Some day when we have time to talk about it I will."
[20:11]<+Daine> ::Nym's eyebrow raises, but he to seems to be quite obviously avoiding Camidus's direct gaze and the subject himself::
[20:12]<+Daine> ::Nods to Tara and smiles:: "Thank you."
[20:12]<+Daine> ((damn))
[20:13]<+Master_Nym> ((well it wouldn't be me if I didn't d that atleast once, huh))
[20:13]<Bynw> *Camidus* "It is just like the Spectrals too keep everyone waiting."
[20:13]<+Master_Nym> "Well since we're all here then I think we can go inside and meet our hosts."
[20:14]<+Master_Nym> "Or whomever is here."
[20:15]<+Master_Nym> ::Begins to walk towards the entrance to the inner keep::
[20:18]* Regan starts forward to follow, then hesitates as he realizes that they have no Healer present. He shakes his head "Bloody hell." Then continues to follow.
[20:18]<+Daine> ::Follows Regan:: "What is the problem now brother?"
[20:19]<Bynw> *Tara walks with Camidus taking up some rear and talks with him quietly*
[20:19]* Regan looks at Daine and smiles wryly. "No Healer."
[20:22]<Bynw> *when Nym reaches the door it is unlocked and opens with ease*
[20:24]<+Master_Nym> ::Enters the keep and walks towards the room they last met in with the Spectral Mages::
[20:24]* Regan looks at the opening door. "Well, at least it didn't creak on its hinges like in the stories where everyone perishes." :: Smiles hopefully with a chuckle. ::
[20:27]<Bynw> *the chamber is like it was before ... though only Baron Noyse is present when the Anadari and Camidus arrive. He rises to his feet and gives them a bow at the neck* "Welcome my friends. His Grace will be joining us shortly"
[20:28]<Bynw> *on the table are some trays holding fruits, bread and cheese ... and some pitchers of wine*
[20:28]<+Daine> ::Nods to the Baron::
[20:28]* Regan looks about the chamber, feeling a little uneasy, though he knows not why.
[20:29]<+Master_Nym> ::Raises and eyebrow but says nothing::
[20:30]<Bynw> *Camidus looks at Baron Noyse* "I understand now why the druids at Kirsh are following you ... it is your heritage"
[20:32]<Bynw> *Baron Noyse only nods and takes his seat again* "Once His Grace arrives we can begin of course ... is there anything that you require before he arrives?"
[20:34]<+Master_Nym> ::Waves off Ibon's question and takes a seat at the table. He takes an apple from the platter and a small knife and begins to carve out chunks of it to eat::
[20:34]* Regan stands next to one of the doors and places his bow on a bench next to him and leans against the wall, taking up a rear guard position at the door.
[20:35]<Bynw> *Ibon watches Regan* "Why do you still carry that broken bow?"
[20:36]<+Daine> ::Takes a seat at the table as well, next to Baron Noyse, he eyes the man up and down but sys nothing::
[20:37]* Regan glances down at his bow in confusion. "Huh....um....Baron?"
[20:39]<Bynw> *Ibon* "Your bow" *he points to it* "is broken. Shatterpoints run up and down the whole length of it. Too much stress and it's going to splinter on you. A prolonged fight, a tumble from your mount ... anything of the kind."
[20:39]<Bynw> *he says pouring himself a goblet of wine and gives Daine a look*
[20:40]* Regan scratches his head....again as he picks it up and inspects it. "Bloody hell."
[20:41]* Regan looks back at Ibon. "Good eyes."
[20:41]* Llanth snorts.
[20:42]<Bynw> *Tara still talks quietly with Camidus*
[20:42]<+Daine> "The druids worship you?" ::he finally blurts at Ibon::
[20:42]* Regan looks at Llanth. "Well, you're the elf, and you didn't say anything either. Thanks a bunch, Brother."
[20:43]<Bynw> *Ibon* "The druids of Kirsh, some of them anyway, believe that I am in incarnation of the Giver of Gifts."
[20:43]<+Daine> "And they worship you?"
[20:44]* Regan slides a knife out of his sleeve into his hand covertly as he returns the bow back to the bench.
[20:44]<Bynw> *Camidus* "Worship isnt exactly the word to use master Daine. It's more of a veneration."
[20:45]<+Llanth> "And what gifts do you give?"
[20:45]<Bynw> *Ibon nods to Camidus in agreement*
[20:45]<+Daine> ::his eyes slide to Camidus for a moment and he nods, then they return to Ibon:: "Are you the incarnation of the giver of gifts?"
[20:45]<Bynw> *Ibon* "I am a skilled adept" *he says as he flairs his Shields into being for a moment*
[20:46]<+Master_Nym> ::chuckles quietly and continues eating::
[20:47]<Bynw> *Ibon* "I don't know if I am or not. That is the point of contention at Kirsh. My forefather was."
[20:48]* Regan is on the balls of his feet, though he remains silent and still.
[20:48]<+Daine> "But you allow the druids to woshi...venerate you regardless?"
[20:51]<Bynw> *Ibon* "The druids of Kirsh have centuries old traditions. There is now peace between them and the dwarves of the area because of the veneration they show me. No different between their veneration and that of a vassal and his lord"
[20:53]<+Daine> ::Nods slowly as if coming to a conclusion of some kind:: "Why have you not challenged the Giver of Gifts to a duel arcane?"
[20:54]<Bynw> *Ibon* "the usurper? because i dont know who it is .. only Chadwick knows."
[20:55]<Bynw> *Ibon to Regan* "Care to bring me your bow for a bit m'lord?"
[20:56]<+Daine> ::Nods slowly again, his eyes on Baron Noyse::
[20:56]* Regan eyes widen slightly at the "m'lord" title, but doesn't hesitate as he picks up the bow, walks to Ibon and hands it to him.
[20:57]<Bynw> *the door opens again and an orange robed figure enters closing the door behind him and the wards spring into place about the chamber*
[20:57]<+Master_Nym> ::Nym's eating slows for a moment and he glances at Daine with a hint of a smirk::
[20:57]<Bynw> *the hooded figure removes the hood from his head cursing under his breath as he walks towards the table*
[20:58]<Bynw> *Ibon takes the bow with a nod of thanks*
[20:59]<+Daine> ::Sits back with one final thoughtful nod at Baron Noyse, then his attention shifts to the newcomer::
[21:00]* Regan backs up as the newcomer passes him.
[21:00]<Bynw> *michael tosses the hood on the table* "My apologies for being late." *he takes a seat*
[21:01]<+Master_Nym> ::Continues slicing off bits of apple and eating. He pays no mind to Lord Michael Stonemont::
[21:02]<Bynw> *Michael nods to Nym* "Master Nym" and then to nods to Camidus* "We are honored to meet with you sir"
[21:03]<+Master_Nym> ::inclines his head to Lord Stonemont while he chews::
[21:04]<Bynw> *Michael* "It appears it will just be those of us here. My brothers do not wish to engage any kind of alliance with the Anadari. The closed minded fools that most of them are."
[21:05]<+Daine> ::Shakes his head in disbelief::
[21:07]<+Master_Nym> ::chuckles and puts the remains of the apple down:: "Are you truly surprised Michael?"
[21:08]<Bynw> *Michael* "I had hoped that some of them would listen to reason. But most are still irate that the Anadari were chosen by His Majesty to be the guardians of the Empire. It will take a while for the hot heads to cool down."
[21:08]<Bynw> *Michael* "As a whole, the Order is not going to help in this situation. Although individually we may do whatever we feel is necessary."
[21:10]* Regan clears his throat. "Do they placate or do they have their own plans to stop Chadwick?....um, Your Grace."
[21:11]<Bynw> *Michael* "If any of the Order is going to do anything to stop Chadwick ... they will contact me."
[21:13]<Bynw> *Camidus* "Nym has stated that Chadwick was in Utha. The Valmari people have always held the Druidic circles in high regard. He could win their favor there and gain a stronghold. Which would be most unsettling."
[21:15]* Regan nods
[21:15]<+Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "Unfortunately my Uncle has little help to offer us as well. I don't think he understands the weight of the situation"
[21:15]* Regan nods "Then they placate. Disappointingly stubborn." :: Shakes his head then looks at Camidus. :: "A stronghold would be an understatement." Smiles appologetically to Camidus.
[21:16]<Bynw> *Ibon quietly strips apart Regan's bow while everyone is talking*
[21:18]<Bynw> *Michael* "We cannot allow him to gain control of the Matrix that is in the mountains surrounding Deever. If he does his power will only be greater and that would force us to an arcane arms race against him."
[21:18]* Regan behind his back returns his throwing knife up his sleeve.
[21:20]<+Daine> ::Nods and speaks up:: "During the time I fought the rebellion we found it advantageous to recruit locals to sniff out rebels."
[21:23]<+Daine> "Perhaps if the Uthani Druids knew of Camidus's past they would might know where he is or how to find him. They must if he is trying to recruit them."
[21:23]<Bynw> *Ibon while still stripping down Regan's bow to its various individual parts* "I suggest getting some druids in Utha. It's only a matter of time before Chadwick wins their hearts and minds anyway. he's a smooth talker."
[21:25]* Regan raises an eyebrow. "You've conversed with Chadwick?"
[21:25]<Bynw> *Ibon* "I've heard him speak"
[21:26]* Regan tilts his head, not happy with the answer, but let's it drop out of respect.
[21:27]<+Daine> "And you never challenged him to duel arcane either?" ::his eyes turn to Ibon::
[21:28]<+Regan> @@ To Group: "He's heard him speak, but didn't say if he has talked with Chadwick. I wonder if that was an evasion." @@
[21:29]<+Master_Nym> @@::to the group:: "In my dealings with Baron Noyse he has proven to be very skilled at evasion and misdirection before."@@
[21:31]<Bynw> *Ibon* "no i havent challenged Chadwick. He lacks honor."
[21:32]<+Daine> ::Nods, seeming to finally agree with the Baron::
[21:34]<+Daine> "His followers see his lack of honor and continue to serve him?"
[21:34]<Bynw> *Michael* "At some point there will be a dual arcane against Chadwick. And not just on the levels that the Anadari use .. but even on a magical level as well."
[21:35]<Bynw> *Ibon switching to Valmari* "Our people served McKone for generations."
[21:36]* Regan looks at Daine as the words are spoken.
[21:39]<+Daine> ::He nods seeming to take that in, the statement doesn't seem to anger him if anything a hint of sadness enters his eyes he continues in Valmari:: "Out of fear and only until brave men stood up to challenge the priests. You must challenge him. I see no other way."
[21:40]<Bynw> *Ibon still in Valmari* "Power is what makes people follow despots"
[21:40]<+Daine> ::In Valmari:: "No fear makes them follow men like McKone."
[21:42]<+Daine> ::In Valmari:: "If you want to lead the druids, then you must lead them by example."
[21:42]<Bynw> *Ibon, switching back to Cana* "I have sensed Chadwick's Shields from a distance. They are quite strong. I don't think I would be able to hold out long against them without an edge."
[21:43]<+Regan> @@ To Group. "I wonder WHY he saw those shields." @@
[21:48]<+Master_Nym> "If we destroyed this giver of gifts then Chadwick would be considered a fraud. Would he not?"
[21:49]<Bynw> *Ibon* "Yes he would be but if Chadwick is his servant. What kind of power does this man hold? History of the Druids of Kirsh tell us the Giver is god-like"
[21:52]<Bynw> *ibon continues all the while to test out the bow's various parts ... and shatters one of its legs while testing its strength* "I told you it wouldnt hold up"
[21:53]* Regan sighs and mumbles. "Bloody hell, all that work for nothing."
[21:53]<+Daine> ::sneers:: "Then how can you believe you are his incarnation? Do you believe you are the incarnation of the giver of gifts Baron Noyse?" ::begins to truthread the Baron, making it obvious::
[21:54]<+Daine> "Yes or no."
[21:56]<Bynw> *Ibon* "I have the potential." *he says answering Daine and turning to Regan* "I'll make you a new bow." *back to Daine* "The giver has been within my family line before. I speak the sacred language of the Druids at Kirsh. I am a skilled Adept. I have the potential to be an Anadari and thus increase my power and knowledge 10 fold with ease. If I am not the giver right now ... It is only a matter of time."
[21:57]<Bynw> *everyone Feels, Sees and Hears even the not-sights, not-sounds of the Wards being opened from the outside to let someone through*
[21:58]<Bynw> *Michael is on his feet so quickly a spell book drops from his robes to the floor as he readies a spell*
[21:58]<+Daine> ::Nods Slowly at Baron Noyse, then snaps to attention as the wards drop. His hand touches the butt of the pistol at his side::
[21:58]* Regan turns and sprints to the side of the door before it opens.
[21:59]<Bynw> *Ibon* "that's not possible!"
[21:59]<+Master_Nym> ::Leaps to his feet drawing his Star Sword so fast it seems to have appeared there::
[22:00]* Regan flicks his wrist
[22:00]<Bynw> *the door doesnt open and the wards are felt to spring back into place, much like Shields due if they are suddenly lowered and raised.
[22:00]* Regan stands on the bench to gain height
[22:01]<Bynw> *but a form in the red and black Anadari house colors of the Knights of Bindar steps through the still closed door*
[22:02]* Regan sees the robes and holds his throw.
[22:02]<+Master_Nym> @@::To the Anadari students:: "Stay here and be ready to act."@@
[22:03]<+Master_Nym> "Michael. " ::with that final word he steps in a shadow cast by the firelight and is simply gone::
[22:04]<Bynw> *the form appears to be ghostlike and transparent but solidifies quickly*
[22:05]<Bynw> *Michael lets loose with a spell ... which the Anadari simply absorbs without ill effect*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member