• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Chapter 1 Episode 14

Started by Bynw, 08 November 2006, 17:08:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[18:17] <.Bynw> *recap:  the group has been travelling across country for a little over a week.  the past 2 days have given them a constant drizzle *
[18:17] <.Bynw> * by the time they reach the village of Collins, the 3rd farming community they have encountered, they are tired, wet and in need of rest*
[18:17] <.Bynw> *end recap*
[18:19] <+Thek> ((How many inns?))
[18:20] <.Bynw> *Astori has again secured rooms at the only inn in town.  He tells the party in the common room*  "Only 2 rooms were available.  So we will need to have 3 to a room."
[18:21] <+Kanax> **grumbles softly to himself, looking about the village for someplace covered... "Quiet towns, with full inns... Is something happening?"
[18:22] * +Thek takes one of the keys, and heads off to one of the rooms
[18:22] <.Bynw> *Astori* "As far as I can tell.  Nothing is happening.  I'll room with Thek and Kanax you can join us. "
[18:23] * +Jenna looks at James and shrugs
[18:23] <+Kanax> *nods*
[18:23] <+Jenna> "must just be a popular route"
[18:23] <+James> ::shrugs back::
[18:24] <+Kanax> * stays outside the inn for a moment, wrenching the water from his tunic before going in to see what food is available&
[18:25] <.Bynw> *Astori sees to having something to eat himself*
[18:25] <.Bynw> ?? jenna, james ?? 
[18:26] * +Jenna asks the waitress for a dry towel to wipe herself with, and orders food also
[18:26] * +Thek remembers food... and comes back out to seek some meat
[18:26] <+Kanax> (( http://members.dragonpro.com//darksir/kanax.jpg  -- Not completely accurate, but close ))
[18:27] <+James> ::goes in to eat, too::
[18:28] <+Kanax> :: Finds a place to sit, and cleans his weapons, setting sheaths near the fire to dry ::
[18:28] <.Bynw> *jaden sits quietly by his sister*
[18:31] <.Bynw> *the dinner is fresh veggies and beef*
[18:31] * +Thek gets some extra beef for Rathe
[18:31] <+James> ::Thanks the waitress and enjoys the meal.::
[18:32] <+Kanax> :: lets his thoughts overcome him as he meticulously cleans the axe he never seems to wield ::
[18:33] <+Jenna> ??do any of the tables contain guards or soldiers??
[18:33] <.Bynw> ! one table does have 4 armed men wearing uniform clothing !
[18:34] * +Jenna finishes her meal, looks around a bit then gets up and heads toward the table of uniformed men
[18:34] * +Thek keeps an eye on Jenna
[18:35] <.Bynw> ?? i thought thek went up to the room ??
[18:35] <.Bynw> !! nm me bad !!
[18:35] <+Thek> (([19:27] * Thek remembers food... and comes back out to seek some meat))
[18:36] * +Kanax glances over the table with uniformed people at it, and pays attention, without looking like he's paying attention. ::
[18:36] * +Jenna approaches the men, introduces herself and makes general inquiries about what's going on in this town and with them - smiling flirtatiously all the while
[18:36] <+James> ::finishes eating, sharing meat with Rufus::
[18:40] <.Bynw> *Astori* "So Thek.  Are you Adanian by chance?"
[18:41] <+Thek> "No."
[18:41] <+Kanax> :: finishes cleaning and sharpening the old-looking axe, then tries to hear what's happening at the table where Jenna introduced herself. ::
[18:42] <+Thek> "Why do you ask?"
[18:42] <+Kanax> :: gathers his mostly dry sheathes, resecuring his weapons. ::
[18:43] <.Bynw> ! listen check Kanax !
[18:44] <.Bynw> *Astori* "Just the way you hold yourself."
[18:46] <+Kanax> (( onesec, lagging real bad ))
[18:46] <+Kanax> d20+2
[18:46] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Kanax (d20+2) and rolled 18.
[18:47] * +Jenna nods, listening intently as the men answer her questions
[18:49] <.Bynw> *guards look at Jenna abit* "This is the main trade route from Gitche Gumee to Paradise City.  Just well travelled."
[18:53] <.Bynw> *Astori* "We will be heading out again at dawn.  I suggest everyone get a good nights rest"  *he then gets up and heads to his room*
[18:54] <.Bynw> *Jaden watches his sister with the guards who have just invited her to sit*
[18:54] * +Jenna pulls up a chair and sits
[18:54] * +Kanax nods, finishing his dinner, and finding his way to their room.
[18:55] <+Jenna> "so are you guys here on a mission you can talk about?"
[18:55] <+James> ::makes small-talk with Jaden while he watches his sister::
[18:55] * +Jenna watches Astori as he makes his way to the rooms
[18:57] * +Thek stay at the table, and keeps an eye on Jenna, trying to listen in
[18:57] <+Thek> d20+4
[18:57] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Thek (d20+4) and rolled 16.
[18:57] <.Bynw> *guards* "no real mission.  just keeping the road safe for travellers.  since its a trade route ... rogues sometime attempt to prey on travellers"
[18:57] * +Jenna smiles and nods knowingly
[18:57] <+Jenna> "we're rather in the same line of work then"
[18:59] <.Bynw> *guard* "a bow is an honorable weapon indeed but many more bandits these days tend to carry this instead" *he pulls out a sixgun from his side*
[18:59] * +Jenna looks at the weapon appreciatively
[19:00] * +Thek lets his hand wander the the handle of his blade...
[19:00] <+Jenna> "true, but I am very good with what I have"
[19:00] * +Jenna grins and winks at the guard
[19:02] <.Bynw> *guard puts away the pistol* "its more accurate than a bow, especially at longer ranges, better 'stopping' power.  one shot usually drops any man.  so you better be either real good with that bow lass or real careful"
[19:02] <+Jenna> "I can handle myself, but thank you for the warning"
[19:02] <.Bynw> *the guard nods and winks at jenna*
[19:02] <+James> ((Why do I feel this is a warning . . . ))
[19:03] <+Jenna> ((because you know the GM?))
[19:03] <+James> ((Good point.))
[19:03] <.Bynw> *jaden gets up with a disgusted look on his face and heads to his room*
[19:04] * +Jenna watches Jaden leave also
[19:04] <+James> ::takes Rufus out to potty for the night::
[19:04] * +Thek lets Rathe go to do his own business, and stays at the table
[19:07] <.Bynw> ?? what else is anyone else doing ??
[19:08] <+Thek> !! Just waiting at the table, keeping an eye on Jenna !!
[19:08] <.Bynw> (( business is taken care of for both critters ))
[19:08] * +Thek pets Rathe when he returns
[19:09] <.Bynw> *after about another half hour the guards are retiring.  they have rooms in the inn*
[19:09] <+Kanax> :: has already made his way to bed ::
[19:09] <+James> ::went to his room after Rufus finished up::
[19:09] * +Jenna bids the guards farewell, lingering with the one with the "big gun" momentarily
[19:10] <.Bynw> *the guard invites jenna to come up to his room with him*
[19:12] * +Jenna smiles and politely declines, noting that perhaps she'll see him on the road again soon
[19:12] * +Jenna retires to the room with Jaden and (I think) James
[19:12] <.Bynw> *he nods in acceptance and retires to his room*
[19:12] <+James> ((I think so, too))
[19:12] <.Bynw> (( yep the 3 j's))
[19:12] * +Thek waits until Jenna has gone, then heads off to hsi room
[19:13] <.Bynw> !! anyone doing anything through the night??
[19:13] * Mistyck (Mistyck@*.hstqtx02.dynamic.covad.net) has joined #Teara-Adan
[19:13] * Mistyck sets mode: +v Mistyck
[19:13] * +Jenna curls up in a corner of the room and goes to sleep
[19:13] <+James> ((Sleeping))
[19:13] <+Kanax> (( Any windows in the room? ))
[19:13] <+Mistyck> ((hello all))
[19:13] <+Kanax> (( Heya ))
[19:13] <.Bynw> !! just 1 Kanax !!
[19:13] <+Kanax> :: Watches outside for a while, before retiring for the night ::
[19:13] * +Jenna wonders what the hell she's doing in a cold damp room corner when she could have shared a warm bed, as she drifts off to sleep
[19:14] <+Thek> (( Miao ))
[19:14] <+Jenna> ((hi Mistyck))
[19:15] <.Bynw> *dawn comes, time for the group to continue down the road to Paradise City.... Astori is up as usual taking care of any details he believes to be appropriate*
[19:17] <+James> ::helps with the horses as usual::
[19:17] * +Thek gets up, and prepares to leave
[19:19] * +Jenna gets her things together and prepares to leave, looking back at the inn wistfully as she exits
[19:19] <+Kanax> :: Finds his way outside, prepares as usual, and waits for the others ::
[19:20] <.Bynw> *the group resumes their normal travelling order and heads down the road*
[19:23] <.Bynw> *the next day and a half hold good travelling weather, and the comings and goings of others on the road in both directions*
[19:24] <.Bynw> *in the middle of the 2nd day after leaving Collins behind them, they party runs across a rag-tag group of travelers coming towards them from the east ... carring with them what looks like all of the possessions*
[19:25] * +Jenna stops and inquires of the people what happened
[19:27] <.Bynw> *the people state that they are from a village to the south of the main road and their village was laid waist by a storm 2 days ago ... some of the surviovors are heading east and others like them are heading west ... not knowing what they will do now*
[19:28] * +Kanax drops back near Astori, and speaks quietly with him.
[19:28] <+James> "Was it a natural storm or something magical?"
[19:29] <.Bynw> *the people dont think it was anything magical ... they would have been alerted by the wizards in Paradise City by now if something like that happend*
[19:29] * +Thek sits and waits for the group to start moving again...
[19:30] <.Bynw> *it takes a good 20 minutes for the slow moving group to completely pass the adventures*
[19:33] <+Kanax> :: stands near Astori, watching, and waiting ::
[19:34] * +Jenna watches the people pass by and looks very sad
[19:35] <.Bynw> *the rest of the day there are a few more straggallers that relate a similar tale of flooding and a bad spring storm, the following day brings gray skys and rain without end*
[19:36] * +Jenna remains in a somber mood throughout the day
[19:36] <+James> ::likewise::
[19:36] <+Kanax> ((AFK a moment or two.. injured by a cat))
[19:37] <+Jenna> ((yikes))
[19:39] <.Bynw> *it rains all through the day and night and into part of the next day .. but fortunately by sunset the group has again reached the safety and comforts of civilization ... the town, and not a small farming community, of Krugersberg*
[19:39] <+Kanax> ((Cat's not very graceful.. she jumped up on me, then FELL off, scratching me all the way down))
[19:39] <+Kanax> ::grumbles some more:: "Finally, I've had about all the wilderness I can take."
[19:40] * +Thek sneers at Kanax behinf his back
[19:41] <+James> "I like the wilderness, but a stop in town is nice, too."
[19:41] * +Jenna nods her agreement
[19:43] <.Bynw> *Krugersburg has a partial stone wall about it and holds a population of well over 1000 people and has a good 5 inns*
[19:44] * +Jenna asks Astori if it would be ok to meet the party in the morning, as she needs some time to herself and will cover her own room tonight
[19:46] <.Bynw> *Astori* "Thats fine.  If anyone else wants to have time to themselves tonight by all means.  We can meet here in the morning*
[19:47] <+Kanax> "I will accompany you to an inn, at the very least.  From there, I need to restock on supplies, but I'll return."
[19:47] <.Bynw> ?? what does everyone do until the morning ??
[19:47] * +Jenna finds trouble to get into and sleeps it off at a nearby inn :)
[19:48] <+Thek> !! Find something to eat, and find a room to seep in for the night !!
[19:48] <+James> ::stays with Astori and Kanax, but gets his own room.::
[19:51] <.Bynw> *Astori gets a room at one of the inns and pays for anyone in the party who stays at the same inn - he eats in the common room and then retires to a private room for the night*
[19:52] <+James> ::enjoys the supper companionship and then retires to his own room::
[19:56] <.Bynw> *next morning there is a drizzle as the adventures prepare to leave Krugersberg*
[19:56] <+Kanax> :: finishes getting supplies, enjoys dinner, and sleeps well. ::
[19:57] * +Jenna drags herself to the pre-arranged meeting place
[19:57] <+James> ::has also resupplied::
[19:57] <+Jenna> "when in the (expletive) is it going to quit raining?"
[19:57] <+Kanax> "My guess is never."
[19:58] <.Bynw> *Astori* "From the looks of the clouds I would say Kanax is right"
[19:58] * +Jenna mutters a few more expletives
[19:58] <+James> "It's the rainy season.  Which is a good sigh better for travel than the snowy season."
[20:01] <.Bynw> *the group gathers there things in oiled leathers to protect it from teh rain and continues their journey by nightfall they reach East Village in the drizzling skies where they stop and manage to get rooms enough for everyone once again.*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member