[19:46]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:46]<Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 49
[19:46]<Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:46]<Bynw> | At Nym's makeshift celebration a number
[19:46]<Bynw> | of the apprentices get a little
[19:46]<Bynw> | hammered.. While others talk about the
[19:46]<Bynw> | future and the past and the ramifications
[19:46]<Bynw> | of the activation of the Matrix.
[19:46]<Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:46]<Bynw> |         14th of Juni 464 NE
[19:46]<Bynw> |     Game Time: Very late evening
[19:46]<Bynw> |   Location: Southern Matrix Chamber
[19:46]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:48]<Bynw> *Soltaari to Nym* "What did Lancer give you?"
[19:49]* db144 (~opera@OWIRCN-4b675e3b.east.verizon.net) has joined #teara-adan
[19:50]* Regan closes his eyes and scratches his head as he thinks
[19:50]<Master_Nym> "Your pointed questions lead me to believe you already know what he gave us. Am I correct?"
[19:51]* Regan opens his eyes and turns half his body in his chair as his looks at Tara next to him.
[19:51]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "I have a suspicion:
[19:52]<Bynw> *Tara looks at her empty glass of Golden Rye then over to Regan and smiles at him*
[19:53]<Master_Nym> "Oh and what would that be?" ::takes a sip of his wine::
[19:53]* Regan then looks at Soltaari for a moment, then turns back to Tara again and hesitantly returns her smile. He then scratches his head again in puzzlement.
[19:54]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "I'll wager some mold that feeds off of psychic energy, black in color."
[19:55]<Master_Nym> ::slowly nods affirmative::
[19:56]<Bynw> *Soltaari nods* "Good. Keep it alive. May never know when something like that will come in handy"
[19:57]* db144 has quit (Client exited)
[19:57]<Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "Jasper please, do not let that information leave this room."
[19:58]* Regan looks at Soltaari briefly at the mention of the mold. Then he stands up and puts his hand on his forehead as he starts to pace slowly behind Tara and his empty chair, rubbing his quarterstaff subconciously.
[19:58]* Cob|away is now known as Coboney
[20:00]* Regan stops suddenly and his eyes buldge slightly. He then shakes his head in the negative as he mumbles "That can't be."
[20:00]<Bynw> *Soltaari's eyes narrow to slits and gives an icy stare to Nym that could almost freeze blood* "If you ever call me that again in mixed company. I will kill you."
[20:02]* Regan overhears Soltaari and snaps out of his thoughts and stands behind Nym, staring at Soltaari evenly.
[20:03]<Bynw> *Soltaari stands with a smile* "It's getting late. And you will have some busy days ahead. It is time I took my leave."
[20:03]<Master_Nym> ::Raises his eyebrow, but nods:: "I thought you where among friends here. Excuse my manners Master Soltaari, I wont assume so again."
[20:04]<Master_Nym> ::Raises with Master Soltaari as well:: "I agree."
[20:04]<Regan> "Master Soltaari? May I ask you a question before you depart?
[20:04]<Regan> "
[20:06]<Bynw> *Soltaari to Nym* "I'll make sure you get a copy of my personal etiquette rules."
[20:07]<Bynw> *Tara looks up to Nym* "They are complex...."
[20:07]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Yes Regan ... what can I do for you?"
[20:07]<Master_Nym> ::Raises and eyebrow at Soltaari:: "I will be sure to give them the same seriousness due that you would mine." ::Bows his head at Soltaari::
[20:08]<Regan> "I know this may be a delicate question, but I must ask. How old are you?" smiles apologetically
[20:12]<Daine> ::Looks up from his food quizzically, and pushes his food away with a light hearted shove. Tension mounts in his shoulders though and for a split second his eyes dart to his sword and pistol against the far wall::
[20:12]<Bynw> *he looks off into space for a moment thinking* "I have been alive for 143 years. And its only a delicate question with the Ladies."
[20:13]<Master_Nym> ::smiles with a sigh:: "I think that is enough questions for today Regan. Master Soltaari has his own business to attend to, as do we."
[20:14]<Regan> "My pardon, thank you Master." ::Looks at Soltaari in puzzlement and then at Nym in even more puzzlement.::
[20:18]* Regan then looks back at Soltaari and starts to ask another question but looks at Tara and decides to remain quiet.
[20:18]<Bynw> *Soltaari concentrates for a moment and vanishes as he originally appeared
[20:19]* Regan walks around the table to where Soltaari was last standing and closes his eyes.
[20:21]<Regan> roll 7df+ for Casting
[20:21]<BoxCars> Regan rolls 7df+ for Casting and gets (+)(+)( )(-)(+)( )( ) Superb
[20:23]<Regan> ::Opens his eyes and beams a smile as he looks at Nym, then Tara.::
[20:24]<Daine> ::stands and moves to recover his sword and pistol, still a little unsteady on his feet::
[20:24]<Master_Nym> ::Looks an unspoken question at Regan::
[20:26]* Regan smile immediately disappears, he shrugs and then winks at Nym, but says nothing as he walks around the table.
[20:28]<Master_Nym> ::sighs and looks about the table at everyone assembled:: "When we return home we may not have much time. So, if anyone has questions now is the time." ::he again looks about the table::
[20:29]<Regan> ::Puts a hand on Tara's shoulder and says: "Your father is a very interesting character, how long has he been a Spectral Magician?"
[20:30]<Regan> ::Removes his hand::
[20:31]<Bynw> *Tara* "about 10 years or so"
[20:31]<Regan> *nods*
[20:33]<Master_Nym> "All of you should have access to question the Matrix here. It has a wealth of information greater then I can hope to compete with and should be of great value to you."
[20:34]<Regan> "What kind of questions can we ask, Master?"
[20:35]<Master_Nym> "History of Adan. Many things concerning the history of the Anadari."
[20:37]* Regan smiles. "Interesting. Thank you Master."
[20:38]<Master_Nym> "I think you will find that such information is a powerful thing in it's own way. By tradition I would answer these questions myself, but with so many of you I think it this will do."
[20:39]<Regan> "So, we ask outloud or can we ask from within?"
[20:39]<Bynw> *Tara* "Master. I think it would be better for all of us to use the Akasa instead of the Matrix when we are seeking
[20:39]<Bynw> information ... "
[20:42]<Regan> "And the answers, are they communicated by the same manner in which they were asked?" ::Looks at Tara as if he expected her to say that.
[20:42]<Llanth> "Why is that?"
[20:42]<Bynw> "We are supposed to be Anadari after all." *Tara says*
[20:43]<Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "In most cases yes. Your development as Anadari must come from within. The information the Matrix will provide could be found in libraries and such. It is only information on history. If you are going to be full knights in the Anadari tradition you should know what the Anadari are and have been."
[20:44]<Regan> "Really? So, Tara, tell me: Why should we not avail ourselves to the information from the Matrix? It is House Horizon's after all."
[20:44]<Bynw> *Tara* "This Matrix could be lacking in a lot of information. As it has only recently been activated."
[20:45]<Regan> "Lacking, possibly, but not incorrect in what it parts to us. So why not ask?"
[20:47]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Tara:: "And that may be for the best. The Matrix is not omnipresent of course. Try to think of it as a very large history book."
[20:48]<Bynw> "My brother. I am not saying don't use it. I am just saying, as the senior apprentice. It would be better for us to practice our skills as Anadari. The Akasa however is omnipresent." *she states*
[20:49]<Master_Nym> ::Nods again to Tara:: "Well said."
[20:49]<Bynw> *the two healers are seeing to the drunken mass of Michon and Dennis*
[20:51]<Regan> :: Looks at Nym.:: "Anadari history, like if I asked a question about previous events, dates, etc...it would answer truthfully?"
[20:51]<Master_Nym> ::smiles at Regan:: "What is truth?"
[20:52]<Master_Nym> "Your truth? Mine? or someone else? You will find that truth is often a point of view."
[20:53]<Regan> ::Smiles back:: "As for history? The truth would be facts."
[20:55]<Bynw> *Tara* "I've studied a bit of history ... comes with the territory of my original vocation of magic."
[20:56]<Master_Nym> "It will impart information on History yes. The truth of it would be up to you to decide. I'm sure that even so called facts could be disputed. Truthfully Regan I do not know where the Matrix gets it's information, I don't know if anyone living today does. Who knows if it has a bias. My personal belief is it tends to share the thought patterns of those that most make use of it."
[20:57]<Regan> "I think I will ask the matrix a question." ::Ignores Tara and looks to Nym::
[20:58]<Master_Nym> "From experience I do know that the Matrix at Polaris often only gives an overview of historical events, and it's answers can often be...slippery."
[20:59]<Master_Nym> "The only events I have seen as if I was there I have seen as visions from the Akasha."
[21:01]<Master_Nym> "The Matrix is only a tool, like your Star Sword. A powerful tool yes, but only a tool. The only true power you have is the power of your mind and through that the Akasha."
[21:04]<Master_Nym> "You can start, if you like, from the beginning. Master Darion Krow."
[21:05]<Regan> "Matrix: In what year, mathmatically according to the New Era calendar did, um, Jasper meet Ethan the Dark Son?"
[21:05]<Regan> :: Concentrates::
[21:06]<Regan> ::Watches Tara ::
[21:10]<Daine> ::Sighs::
[21:11]<Bynw> *the tiles dont move ...
[21:12]<Master_Nym> "I think it is time to go home unless anyone else has a question?"
[21:13]* Regan ' eyes buldge. Then he smiles.
[21:14]* Regan looks at Nym and nods thoughtfully.
[21:15]<Master_Nym> "Is everyone ready?"
[21:15]<Daine> ::nods::
[21:16]<Master_Nym> "Let's go home." ::closes his eyes::
[21:16]<Regan> "Very well. I'm done....for now." ::Smiles:: "Sorry about all the questions."
[21:19]<Bynw> *the Matrix chamber disolves around them and the apprentices are now in the Tri-Sun courtyard. A few hours before dawn.*
[21:20]<Master_Nym> ::Yawns and looks about for any visitors::
[21:21]<Regan> :: Silver handfire appears in hand  lighting up the courtyard so he can see::"
[21:22]* Regan tilts his head as if listening
[21:22]<Master_Nym> "I would like to get some sleep before we welcome any visitors. Regan, could you check the portal room for any visitors and show them to quarters if there are any?"
[21:23]<Regan> "Of course Master." Looks at Llanth briefly and then departs
[21:24]* Llanth looks at Regan's departing form and shrugs.
[21:25]<Bynw> *Tara goes to check on Dennis and Michon to make sure the effects of the Golden Rye are wearing off of them*
[21:26]<Master_Nym> "It' been a long day. I think we should all get some rest. I'll wish you all a goodnight. Tomorrow we will initiate Risira into our House and discuss the specifics on Star Sword construction." ::bows to the assembled students::
[21:26]<Regan> ::As he enters the fortress, he looks back at the group then goes to the portal room.
[21:26]<Regan> ::
[21:27]<Master_Nym> ::Follows Tara to check on Michon and Dennis, then retires to his private chambers::
[21:28]<Daine> ::Follows Regan towards the portal chamber::
[21:29]<Llanth> "Omelet."
[21:29]* Regan slows down as he hears footsteps behind him
[21:30]<Bynw> *the portal chamber is empty ... save for the ward that prevents unannounced guests from freely roaming the fortress*
[21:30]<Regan> Ack
[21:30]* Llanth wanders toward the kitchen.
[21:31]<Bynw> *the fortress is quiet and undisturbed in the night air of the desert
[21:32]* Coboney is now known as Cob|Sleepszzz
[21:32]<Daine> ::Once the portal chamber is clear he bids Regan a good night and goes to his private chambers to sleep::
[21:32]<Daine> "Lock up after yourself brother."
[21:33]<Regan> "Sleep well, brother." ::Returns to his quarters::
[21:35]* Llanth comes walking through the halls munching on an omelet sandwich.
[21:37]* Regan sits up suddenly in his bed, smiles slightly, re-dons his clothing and goes to the courtyard, staff in hand.
[21:43]<Bynw> *Dawn comes to the Tri-Sun Fortress, suprisingly ... Golden Rye does not leave any noticable hangover*
[21:45]<Master_Nym> ::Wakes late in the morning::
[21:46]* Llanth comes walking through the halls munching on an omelet sandwich.
[21:46]<Daine> ::Wakes near noon and goes to the forge in the courtyard to work::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member