20:54 <~bynw> | who has agreed to take them to see the Anadari
20:54 <~bynw> | Council in the morning. Yet it is bearly the
20:54 <~bynw> | afternoon now. On a cold windswept and rainy
20:54 <~bynw> | day in Polaris.
20:54 <~bynw> |
20:54 <~bynw> | They have been given better quarters within the
20:54 <~bynw> | compound of the Rose. With Maylda and a couple
20:54 <~bynw> | of other apprentices assinged to see to their
20:54 <~bynw> | needs during their stay.
20:54 <~bynw> | Master Rose has duties that require her
20:54 <~bynw> | attention. And states that the pair will dine
20:54 <~bynw> | with her this evening in the Great Hall.
20:54 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:55 < Alianna> "So now what?"
20:56 <~bynw> *the pair again are alone in their new rooms which have an ajoining door*
20:57 < Alderic> ::Pours himself some watered wine:: "The Anadari are not known for their great parties. I don't suppose libraries interest you?"
20:58  * Alianna pours a glass of watered wine also.  "I never was a scholar, except of charts and weather."
20:59 <~bynw> *in addition to Maylda, 2 more apprentices have been assigned to assist the pair of visitors. Crale and Jasmille. Depending on their other duties, they 3 rotate to assist Alderic and Alianna*
21:00 < Alderic> ??which one attends us onw??
21:00 < Alderic> ((er now))
21:04 <~bynw> !! Crale
21:04  * Alianna sprawls inelegantly in a chair with her glass of wine.
21:05 <~bynw> !! he is the only male of the 3 and he definately looks elvish
21:06 < Alderic> ::To Crale:: "I don't suppose you know an expert on the portal plague we can talk with?"
21:08 <~bynw> *Crale* "I don't know his name. But there is a man that Master Rose says is a vetern of the plague."
21:10 < Alderic> ::Looks to Alianna:: "Up for a little walk?"
21:10 < Alianna> "What the hell, why not?"
21:11 < Alderic> ::To Crale:: "Can you take us to him?"
21:11  * Alianna drinks her wine while Alderic talks to Crale.
21:13 <~bynw> *Crale shakes his head, half scared.* "I have not seen him in several months. I don't know if he is here."
21:15 < Alderic> ::Sighs:: "Why would he not be?"
21:15 -!- Sarah [Mibbit@D82662.974088.18A7F8.DBF859] has joined #teara-adan
21:15  * Alianna watches Crale and Alderic talk, wondering why Crale seems frightened.
21:16 <~bynw> *Crale* "He is not part of the Rose"
21:18 <~bynw> "I can take you to where he stays but no further. Master Rose would not like it if I did."
21:22 < Alderic> ::Looks a bit confused:: "Why? I don't understand."
21:23 <~bynw> "It isn't allowed for an apprentice to be in that part of the compound" *Crale says*
21:23  * Alianna raises an eyebrow.
21:25 < Alderic> ::Rubs his eyes in frustration:: "Crale, let's pretend we have no idea why that is and your just dying to explain all about why that is while you take us there. Fun game huh?"
21:27 <~bynw> *Crale leads the pair down several corridors explaining that is simply a matter of disciple as why some areas are forbidden to apprentices ....
21:28 <~bynw> ... he also states its his own fears that keep him away from the man who has combated the portal plague ...
21:30 <~bynw> the final corridor that he leads the pair to is the one he says is used by the man when he is here. just down a few yards ... its the 3rd door on the left. he then says he must go and runs back the way that the 3 of them took.*
21:31  * Alianna looks at Alderic, eyebrows raised, then follows him.
21:33 <~bynw> *the air of the corridor makes the hair on your neck rise, almost like a prickly sensation ... real or imagined but its there none the less*
21:33  * Alianna shivers lightly.
21:34 < Alderic> "He really sucks at that whole 'want to tell me all about it' game you know."
21:34 <~bynw> *each step is like a lead weight is added to your feet and legs. making each and every step harder and slower than the last*
21:35 < Alianna> "This is so weird.  What is up with this corridor?"
21:35 < Alderic> ::Yells:: "Hello!"
21:36 <~bynw> *by the 2nd door, forward movement is almost impossible ... and the 3rd door creaks open ahead of you*
21:39 <~bynw> *as the 3rd door opens, even the untrained deryni, could easily detect the rapidly flaring and fluxuating Shields spilling out into the corridor*
21:40 <~bynw> *but the energies don't quite reach the pair or they would be battered by them from every direction*
21:41 < Alianna> "What the shit?"
21:41 < Alderic> ::Takes a step back:: "I'm getting a feeling this was a waste of our time."
21:42 <~bynw> *the 3rd door slams shut again and the pair almost fall forward as there is no resistance in front of them*
21:42 < Alianna> "I think you're right."
21:42  * Alianna stabilizes herself and then steps back a few steps.
21:42 <~bynw> *stepping back has no resistance at all and now moving forward doesn't either*
21:46 <~bynw> *the 3rd door opens again and a man steps out into the corridor. he wears the robes of an Anadari, but not the colors of the Rose*
21:46  * Alianna steps back again, hand going to her sword belt automatically.
21:47 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow at the man:: "What the hell just happened before you stepped into this corridor?"
21:48 <~bynw> *he looks old and frail. his hands visibly shaking. every so often his Shields flare visibly around him, a dark grey like that of a thunderstorm*
21:49 <~bynw> "You are not Anadari. I released the Wards so you could approach."
21:51 < Alianna> "Who are you?"
21:52 <~bynw> *his breathing is labored as he answers* "Master Jebiadah and who might you be?
21:52 <~bynw> "
21:53 <~bynw> *he motions with his hands for the 2 to come forward*
21:54 < Alderic> "A cryptic question, not easily answered. I suppose an opitmist would say, I could be whatever I want to be. Though I like to think of myself as a realist...."
21:55 < Alderic> "The pragmatic person would say I am whatever you want to believe I am."
21:56 < Alderic> "Honestly I think it's an absurd question really and not very relevant."
21:56 <~bynw> "Well come forward past the 2nd door. I cannot hold back the Wards much longer."
21:58 <~bynw> *he reaches out with his trembling right hand to catch himself on the wall as his Shields flare visibly around him again*
21:58 < Alderic> ::Steps forward past the second door::
22:03  * Alianna looks at Alderic, then at Master Jebiadah.  "My name is Alianna Rudhira."
22:05 <~bynw> *now looking down and shaking* "You had better cross the threshold"
22:05  * Alianna follows Alderic, still at guard and with her hand hovering above her sword hilt.
22:05 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow at the man:: "What are the wards for?"
22:07 <~bynw> "Protection against the flaring of my Shields" *he says pulling himself up the wall and leaning heavily on it.*
22:07 < Alderic> "And how is moving closer to you helping us exactly?"
22:08  * Alianna 's shields pop up tightly, flaring bright red for a moment, making her look oddly angelic with a red glow around her red hair.
22:08 <~bynw> *breathing heavy and deep. his eyes closed he mutters to himself*
22:10 <~bynw> *he opens his eyes, now bloodshot, and looks at Alderic* "I can direct more of myself to keeping the Shields in place rather than keeping the Ward down."
22:13 < Alderic> "Uh huh. ooookay." ::Steps past the threshold::
22:14  * Alianna follows Alderic past the threshold, keeping her shields rigidly up.
22:14 <~bynw> *he turns around and still using the wall as a guide walks slowly back towards the open 3rd door*
22:16 <~bynw> "I can put some tea on for you."
22:19 <~bynw> *he enters the room which is actually a suite of rooms. furnished, comfortable and complete with a kitchen*
22:21 < Alderic> "I was here to inquire about your brush with the portal plague. Would you tell us about it?"
22:21 <~bynw> "have a seat and let me get the tea first ..." *he says going to the kitchen and putting a kettle on*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member