The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 25

Started by Bynw, 18 September 2010, 20:12:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:17] <Bynw> *** RECAP ***
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:30] <Bynw> *secondary drive shows ready for jump*
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:31] <Ken> ::over comms:: "Secondary also shows off nominal but should be ok"
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:31] <Bynw> *the nav comp cant give an exact estimate due to fluxuations in jumping but it would take days to get there under normal drives
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:34] * Ken sets up several different monitors on the jump drives, grid and nav comp as well as the relays between the systems
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:35] <Raith> ::Sighs, then over intercom:: "Jump in 5...4...3...2...jump." ::engages the secondary jump drives::
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:38] <Bynw> *Again the Lady Luck crosses the void and emerges into real space again ... just moments after she jumps. Outside of the system destination still.*
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:39] <Ken> ::over comms:: "No more jumps Cap."
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:40] * Ken engages a full sensor scan of the space around them
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:41] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "Spin up the secondary jump drive again Ken."
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:42] <Ken> ::over comm:: "I would not advise it Cap."
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:42] <Ken> ::over comm:: "Each jump makes the drives worse than before."
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:43] * Sathara swears again and goes back to the turret to check its operational status.
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:45] * Dr_Cross queries the computer for an inventory of emergency equipment
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:48] <Raith> "Jaeih, how long till we make it in system without jump drives?"
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:48] <Dr_Cross> ... and is heartened that the ship has an almost-full stock of equipment and supplies
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:48] <Bynw> *Jaeih* "Calculating the remaining distance Captain"
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:50] <Bynw> *Jaeih* "21 hours ... "
[20:17] <Bynw> [21:59] <Raith> ::Clinches his jaw in thought for a moment::
[20:17] <Bynw> *** END RECAP ***
[20:17] <Bynw> *Raith* "Punch it to the system as fast as we can."
[20:19] <Ken> ::over comms:: "I would like to take all the jump drives offline and doo a full dignostic on them."
[20:20] <Bynw> *Jaeih plots the course for the Lady Luck's next journey*
[20:20] <Bynw> *Raith* "That's fine Ken. Find out what's wrong with her. We have a long flight ahead of us. Don't forget to get some bunk time in."
[20:20] * Sathara sits nervously in the turret, scanning for any other ships.
[20:22] * Dr_Cross ::comm:: "Do you need an extra hand, Ken? I'm not much of a techie but still"
[20:22] * Ken takes all the jump drives offline and then begins doing a full disgnostic on the primary, checking all systems. Physically checking compenets as well as running computer trace programs.
[20:24] <Ken> ::over comms:: "You can monitor the trace logs."
[20:27] * Dr_Cross ::comms back:: "Roger that"
[20:27] <Bynw> *space is very empty, especially between star systems. a whole lot of nothing. no where to hide or run ... just wide open. DRADIS is clear*
[20:28] * Dr_Cross ::comms:: "Sathara, how are you doing?"
[20:29] <Bynw> *Jaeih* "The course is plotted and we are on the way Captain. Not much else for me to do right now other than monitor our flight and get more familiar with the ship."
[20:30] * Ken starts his full diagnostic on the actual drive mounts and components looking for any physical damage or unusual energy readings
[20:30] <Sathara> ::comms:: "Fine up here, Doc.  Nothing in space but us turkeys."
[20:33] <Bynw> *Raith* "Sathara. Leave the guns on standby. We will have the DRADIS give us a ship wide alarm if anything comes into range."
[20:35] <Sathara> "Aye, Cap'n."
[20:35] * Sathara puts the guns on standby as ordered and reports to the bridge.
[20:35] <Bynw> "I want you to be ready and unfatigued. Without the use of any stims at this point. We can resort to that if needed later."
[20:36] <Sathara> "You sayin' hit the bunk, Cap'n?"
[20:37] <Bynw> *Raith* "I'm saying to remember to hit the bunk so you know you are fresh and not fatigued in the case your particular skills are needed."
[20:37] <Sathara> "Aye, Cap'n."
[20:38] <Sathara> "You want me to go help Ken in the meantime?"
[20:38] * papaganoush has quit (Client closed the connection)
[20:38] * papaganoush (~papaganoush@OWIRCN-d1730581.abhsia.telus.net) has joined #teara-adan
[20:38] <Bynw> *Raith shrugs* "It's up to you."
[20:38] <Sathara> "I'll go see if he needs help, and if not, I'll crash out for a few hours."
[20:39] * Sathara goes down to engineering to see if she can be useful.
[20:39] * papaganoush has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[20:39] <Sathara> "Ken, you need an extra set of hands here?"
[20:41] * Ken comes in from the radiation lock.
[20:42] <Ken> "You know anything about jump drives?"
[20:42] <Bynw> *Jaeih to Raith* "Our father's ship was smaller than this one. But it could have used a crew to fly her, but he liked doing most things by himself."
[20:42] <Sathara> "No, not really."
[20:43] * Sathara grins.  "Would I best help by getting the frak out of your way?"
[20:43] <Ken> "ok Sathara you can monitor the trace logs, if anything shows up other than nominal print it out for me."
[20:43] <Bynw> *the engineering computer indicates it will take several hours to run the full diagnostic on the jump drive systems*
[20:43] <Sathara> "I can do that."
[20:44] <Ken> "You can share the duties with Doc."
[20:44] <Sathara> "All right."
[20:45] * Sathara sits down near the trace log monitor and begins looking.
[20:45] <Ken> "I'll continue with my manual inspection of all the components."
[20:49] <Bynw> *several hours pass while the ship is in-flight. some of the time Raith and Jaeih talk on the bridge, sometimes Raith is left by himself on the bridge.
[20:53] * Ken heads back for the port jump drive maintenace access panel and proceeds to double check all component connections. Muttering occasionally to himself and at other times in a trance like state.
[20:53] <Ken> roll !df5
[20:54] <Ken> !df 5 Engineering
[20:54] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)( )(-)(+)
[20:56] <Ken> !df 4 Telemechanics
[20:56] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(+)(-)
[20:58] <Bynw> *the guns power up out of standby
[20:58] * jtbullet (~jtbullet@OWIRCN-a452c1a7.gsp.bellsouth.net) has joined #teara-adan
[20:59] * Ken curses and makes some notes.
[20:59] <Sathara> "What the frak?  Why did the guns power up?"  ::runs to the turret to see what the hell is going on::
[20:59] <Ken> "Sathara you better get to the turrent."
[21:00] <Bynw> *Jaeih is sitting in the turret activating the guns and targeting system*
[21:00] <Sathara> "Scuse me, pilot, but what the merry hell are you doing?"
[21:01] * Dr_Cross walks quickly to his medbay
[21:01] <Bynw> *Jaeih* "Familiarizing myself with the weapons of this ship."
[21:02] <Sathara> "Ya know, you coulda warned somebody you were gonna do that.  Scared the frak out of me."
[21:02] <Ken> ::over comms:: "Do I need to boost shileds I see nothing on DRADIS>"
[21:03] <Sathara> ::over comms:: "I don't think so, Ken.  It was Jaeih, familiarizing herself with the weapons system.  There's nothing out there."
[21:04] <Ken> ::Over comms:: "Roger, whoever is up for the trace shift should get back down here. I am going to get some shuteye."
[21:05] <Sathara> ::over comms:: "On my way."
[21:05] * Dr_Cross returns to Engineering after that false alarm
[21:06] <Sathara> ::to Jaeih:: "Next time warn somebody when you're gonna go frakkin' around with the ship, especially when we're half disabled in the middle of frakkin' nowhere."
[21:06] <Bynw> *Jaeih powers the guns back down to standby and wonders about the ship a bit, ending up in medlab looking over its pilot who feel ill*
[21:07] * papaganoush (~papaganoush@OWIRCN-d1730581.abhsia.telus.net) has joined #teara-adan
[21:09] * Ken heads for his cabin and sets wakeup for 6 hours later and goes to sleep.
[21:09] * Sathara walks, clearly still annoyed, back into Engineering.
[21:11] <Sathara> "Doc, if you've got the trace logs under control, I'm gonna go have a drink and crash out for a few."
[21:11] <Dr_Cross> "Alright, Sathara... get some shut-eye"
[21:11] * papaganoush has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[21:12] <Sathara> "Okay, catch you in a couple hours."
[21:12] * Sathara returns to her bunkroom and takes out a bottle of rum, slugging some right out of the bottle.
[21:12] <Bynw> *the completed engineering diagnostics, including visual inspections are finally completed 19 hours into the flight*
[21:13] <Ken> !df 5 Engineering
[21:13] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)(+)(+)
[21:13] <Ken> !df 4 telemechanics
[21:13] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(-)(+)
[21:21] * Ken heads for the bridge
[21:21] * Sathara wakes up and heads for the bridge.
[21:22] * Dr_Cross eye's are dead tired... heads back to the medbay
[21:22] <Bynw> *Jaeih slowsdown the ship as it enters the star system we have been travelling toward. Raith himself has retired to his quarters*
[21:22] <Ken> "Jaeih, How long has Raith been asleep?"
[21:23] <Bynw> *Jaeih* "About 3 hours. He was pushing himself."
[21:24] <Ken> "Thank you, when he wakes tell him I have found the problem but not the solution yet."
[21:24] <Sathara> "Ken, have you figured out what's up with the jump drives?"
[21:25] <Ken> "I think so, there is a flaw in the design; this has been going on since we installed the new Klade engines."
[21:25] <Sathara> "Oh frakking hell."
[21:26] <Ken> "I am going to start going over the specs of both the engines and the Lady. See if I can find what the alliance scientists overlooked."
[21:27] <Sathara> "Good idea."
[21:32] * Ken heads back to engineering
[21:32] * Sathara checks DRADIS.
[21:32] * jtbullet has quit (Quit: Colloquy for iPod touch - http://colloquy.mobi)
[21:33] * Ken pulls up the specs of the Lady, Alliance jump drive specs, and the reverse engineered drive specs, and searches the Klade datapad for the Klade jump drive specs.
[21:34] <Bynw> *Jaeih pilots the ship towards a gas giant and begins entering its atmosphere. its a little rough*
[21:34] * Ken settles in with a big cup of java nad starts a comparative study, double checking calculations as required.
[21:35] <Bynw> *DRADIS goes very fuzzy*
[21:35] * Ken spills some java at the unexpected turbulence.
[21:35] <Ken> ::over comms:: "Bridge what are you doing?!?!?!"
[21:36] <Ken> ::over comms:: "Please warn me if I need to boost inertial dampeners."
[21:37] <Sathara> "What the frak?!"
[21:38] <Bynw> *the chop settles down after a few minutes --- smooth sailing now*
[21:39] * Ken cleans up the spill and goes back to his work
[21:40] * Sathara shakes her head in frustration, muttering swear words under her breath.
[21:42] <Bynw> *Jaeih over comms* "We are in system. I've parked us in the upper atmosphere of a gas giant. Thus making our signature, but also limiting our ability to detect other ships as well. The system scans show this system is does not support any life."
[21:44] <Ken> ::over comms:: "Roger"
[21:46] * Ken goes back to his analysis of the specs.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member