News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 21

Started by Bynw, 22 August 2010, 18:10:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:54] <Bynw> ********** RECAP OF LAST SESSION **********
[19:54] <Bynw> [22:25] <Raith> ::Sighs and nods. Silent for a moment. He seems to grow serious and lowers his voice:: "I have no parents, no family, and until today no idea where I came from or why I was created. In a way I guess the Alliance military has been my family. Now you show me a man that may be...me, my father, my creator, whatever you want to call it. I'll never know him. You are likely the only person I will ever meet that knew him. Is it
[19:54] <Bynw> [22:25] <Raith>  really a mystery why I want to share those memories?"
[19:54] <Bynw> [22:25] <Raith> "Did you know your father Aerv?"
[19:54] <Bynw> [22:26] <Bynw> *Aerv* "Yes I knew my father. He died before his time was due. He was lost in the catastrophe."
[19:54] <Bynw> [22:27] <Raith> "What would you give to see him again?"
[19:54] <Bynw> [22:29] <Bynw> *Aerv* "More than what I have to give." *he pauses for a moment and takes a long blink of his eyes*
[19:54] <Bynw> [22:29] <Raith> ::Silently waits for Aerv to make his choice::
[19:54] <Bynw> [22:29] <Bynw> *he gets up and takes a seat next to Raith* "Take my hands and I will share what I know. I would like to be the one who guides and controls this sharing."
[19:54] <Bynw> [22:31] <Raith> ::Takes Aerv's hands in his and nods to Aerv as he opens his mind::
[19:54] <Bynw> ********** END RECAP **********
[19:55] <Bynw> *Aerv looks intently into Raith's eyes for only a few minutes. Seeing nothing but the man in front of him*
[19:55] <Bynw> *And then Aerv lets go of Raith's hands and sits back letting out a deep breath*
[19:56] * Ken sits down and observes quietly
[19:56] * Alette (~Katniss@2D9871.DBDA9D.569668.763502) has joined #teara-adan
[19:56] * Sathara sits and watches tensely.
[19:57] * Dr_Cross sits closer to Raith, monitoring his vital signs
[19:59] <Raith> ::Raith's heart rate spikes rapidly for just a moment and his eyes go out of focus as Aerv shares his memories. However it is over in just a moment and as Aerv lets go he returns to 'normal'.::
[20:00] <Raith> ::His eyes move rapidly as if remembering something, or studying something only he can see::
[20:01] <Raith> ::His voice is low and husky when he speaks to Aerv:: "He taught you cloning."
[20:01] <Bynw> *Aerv seems to be just fine after letting out a deep breath. And he watches Raith.*
[20:03] * Ken waits patiently, making some notes on his observations of the alien tech
[20:05] * Sathara waits and sips lightly of the blue ale.
[20:07] * Dr_Cross is relaxing a little bit... finally, maybe, thinking that Aerv and company are not a dangerous
[20:09] <Raith> ::His voice still low and husky:: "He was, or is me. I'm him. However you'd like to say it. I'm a clone of the man you knew as Raith."
[20:12] <Raith> "He was alone?"
[20:15] <Bynw> *Aerv* "Yes he was alone. There wasn't anyone else with him."
[20:16] <Raith> ::To his collective crew:: "He came in an alliance ship."
[20:17] <Raith> "His knowledge of cloning is beyond what the alliance would have at the time he was here."
[20:18] * Dr_Cross nudges Ken "I hope you're recording all this"
[20:18] * Ken nods
[20:19] <Ken> "Aerv, did Raith One tell where he had been before coming to your system?"
[20:20] <Bynw> *Aerv* "Yes he came from the Alliance. He was an explorer."
[20:20] <Ken> "He did not sya what systems he had visited between the Alliance and here?"
[20:22] <Bynw> *Aerv* "He did not mention any. He stated it was pretty much empty between our locations."
[20:22] * Ken makes a few notes
[20:24] <Ken> "Did he mention whayt his last Alliance port of call was before leaving on this exploration?"
[20:26] <Bynw> *Aerv* "He gave us a wide number of large star ports within the Alliance. Trading ports and other larger traffic hubs. You have no knowledge of our Raith do you ..."
[20:26] * Ken looks at Raith
[20:27] <Raith> ::Shakes his head no::
[20:28] <Raith> "Whoever this Raith was he carried very high tech equipment aboard his ship for his time and seemed to know more then anyone I've ever heard of about cloning."
[20:28] <Bynw> "That is most puzzling, given that you appear to be a clone of him." *Aerv says*
[20:30] <Raith> "I was found on a remote planet in an abandoned complex. My name was on the tube. Nothing more."
[20:31] * Ken makes a note on his pad.
[20:33] <Ken> "Aerv, I would like to see you the logs you kept at the time of meeting Raith One>"
[20:36] <Raith> "Aerv this race you trade with, do they speak our language too?"
[20:37] <Bynw> *Aerv* "You have already seen some of them. The holograms I've been showing are the logs. And yes they do."
[20:38] <Ken> "May I have a copy of them all, Aerv?"
[20:38] <Bynw> "I will see what I can do with that request"
[20:39] <Ken> "Thank you, Aerv."
[20:41] <Raith> ::Slowly stands. He then slowly and formally makes an odd bow to Aerv and smiles:: "I appreciate all you've shown me and us."
[20:42] <Bynw> *Aerv gives Raith a slight but noticeable bow at the neck* "We are honored that you are here. Raith said others would come some day and open the door for our peoples to unite."
[20:43] * Dr_Cross stands besides Raith and gives an awkward bow too
[20:43] * Sathara stands and bows surprisingly gracefully.
[20:43] * Ken stands
[20:43] <Raith> "What will your people do now Aerv?"
[20:45] <Bynw> "We will prepare for our journey towards the Alliance and petition to join." *he says*
[20:47] <Raith> "Will none of your people join my crew and I?"
[20:47] <Ken> "May I examine your cloaking technology with one of your engineers?"
[20:48] <Bynw> *Aerv* "I cannot come along with you as my duties require me to be elsewhere Raith. But I shall see if someone would like to come with you."
[20:52] <Raith> "I would like that. I think we will return to Alliance space quickly and warn them you are coming. Then we will continue our exploration mission."
[20:52] <Bynw> "We can make an arangement for you. It was my understanding that you wanted to get underway soon?"
[20:52] * Dr_Cross "Maybe someone who can share the knowledge of your race to us, Aerv?"
[20:53] <Raith> ::Nods once:: "We aren't on a schedule, but soon yes."
[20:54] <Raith> ::Nods in agreement with Cross:: "Someone we can learn your culture from and they from us."
[20:54] <Bynw> "I shall see who wishes to come with you."
[20:54] <Ken> "and your technology."
[20:57] <Raith> "We have sometime Aerv. Perhaps we can spend sometime here, show us the sights so to speak. It might be easier to find someone in that case."
[20:57] <Bynw> "How soon would you like to get underway? That determines everything else ..." *Aerv asks*
[20:58] <Raith> "My engineer would like to see your technology, and I believe Dr. Cross would love to do some tests as well. Perhaps 72 hours standard time."
[21:01] <Bynw> "Very well. I will make the arrangements for your engineer. As for tests your doctor would like to arrange ... please let me know within the hour. And within that same time I will get things ready for your engineer." *Aerv says standing himself* "And now this way please" *he gestures* "I will show you the way back out so you can return to your own ship."
[21:03] * Ken waits to follo0w Raith out
[21:04] * Sathara turns to follow Raith and Ken back to the Lady Luck.
[21:04] * Dr_Cross is the last to follow
[21:05] * Raith has quit (thulcandra.otherworlders.org byss.otherworlders.org)
[21:05] * Raith (~Nameless@OWIRCN-b388c854.ma.charter.com) has joined #teara-adan
[21:05] * *.otherworlders.org gives voice to Raith
[21:05] <Bynw> *as the group walks through the ship again, they catch site of other Khelliannsi. both male and female who watch the aliens with curiosity*
[21:07] <Raith> ::Nods to the aliens as they pass in a friendly manner, perhaps smirking at the ladies::
[21:07] * Sathara nods stiffly to the Khelliannsi.
[21:08] * Ken looks at the design and structure, ignoring the aliens unless they are working on something then lingers a little.
[21:09] * jtbullet (~jtbullet@OWIRCN-a452c1a7.gsp.bellsouth.net) has joined #teara-adan
[21:09] <Bynw> *within a short time the Lady Luck crew is back outside of the Khelliannsu ship. On the cold windswept moon they landed on several hours before and their ship is a short distance away*
[21:11] <Raith> ::Sighs and takes a moment to look about the moon, his gaze lingers on the lady luck and he smiles a bit. He bows at the neck to Aerv:: "I hope your journey leaves you with a smile until we meet again Aerv."
[21:12] <Bynw> *Aerv* "We will contact you in about an hour or so."
[21:12] <Raith> ::Bows at the neck to Aerv, turns and walks towards the Lady luck to board::
[21:12] * Ken starts heading back to the Lady Luck
[21:13] * Sathara heads up to the boarding ramp of the Lady Luck.
[21:13] * Dr_Cross catches up to Ken "I hope we can piece together our captain's mysterious past"
[21:14] * Ken nods
[21:16] <Bynw> *Once onboard the Lady Luck, Raith's crew can see the ramp to Aerv's ship raise and it's engines ignite as it slowly climbs the skies*
[21:17] <Raith> ::Closes the ramp as the last of the crew boards the Lady Luck:: "Anyone hungry? Auto-chef makes a passable meatloaf."
[21:18] <Ken> ::shrugs:: "I want to try some reverse astrogation using what we know."
[21:18] <Dr_Cross> "That doesn't sound tasty at all"
[21:19] <Sathara> "I should clean my weapons."
[21:25] <Raith> ::Shakes his head and begins walking towards the galley section, he mutters loudly as he walks:: "Not sure which one of you needs to get laid more..."
[21:26] * Sathara emits a snort of laughter.
[21:26] * Dr_Cross jumps at the sound of the snort
[21:31] * Dr_Cross knocks at the Captain's door "Are you ok, Cap?"
[21:32] * Ken calls up existing star maps and plots the coordinates of Khellanisu contact with Raith One, Raith's clone pod and the Alliance planet.
[21:33] <Raith> "Come." ::door opens by voice command, Raith is leaning back in the chair at his desk staring out the window port, a small glass of whiskey sits on the edge of the desk::
[21:33] <Bynw> *this moon is the coordinates of the contact. the alliance and raith's clone are light years away ... under standard jump drives of the time, it would have taken weeks if not longer to get out this far
[21:35] <Raith> "What's up Doc?"
[21:35] * Ken factors Kalde jump drives in.
[21:35] <Dr_Cross> "You look... troubled, Cap"
[21:39] <Dr_Cross> "... I have a sedative for that too" *grins
[21:39] <Raith> ::chuckles, his feet slide off the desk and hit the floor he turns the chair around to look at Dr. Cross:: "You are good Doc, you noticed that from through the door with my back to you. I thought I was the secret agent."
[21:39] * Sathara cleans her guns.
[21:40] <Bynw> *since the lady luck has modified drives, that the ISD has had for 10 years ... it is possible that Raith's One ship could have had better drives too or experimental ones, and made the journey quicker
[21:40] <Raith> ::Raises his Whiskey glass:: "Self medicating, but thanks."
[21:41] <Dr_Cross> "Ok, Cap, just checking" *smiles and leaves
[21:42] <Raith> ::Nods to Cross once and turns his chair again as the door closes behind the Doctor as he leaves::
[21:43] * genshou has quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
[21:43] * genshou (~potato@OWIRCN-7c3a67b0.bois.qwest.net) has joined #teara-adan
[21:44] <Bynw> *ships comms indicate an incoming message*
[21:45] <Raith> ::Taps a few keys on his personal terminal and plays the message in his room as he takes a sip of his drink::
[21:46] <Bynw> *Aerv voices comes over the speakers in Raith's quarters. "We will be landing soon. And if you can spare you doctor and engineer we have something for them."
[21:48] <Raith> ::Takes a deep breath and finishes the few sips in his glass. he then holsters his pistol and walks to the intercom near his door and flicks it on:: "The Khelliannsu are returning everyone grab your gear and meet me at the bottom of the boarding ramp. Doc, Ken; Aerv says he has something for you, didn't say what."
[21:49] <Ken> ::over comms:: "On my way"
[21:49] <Raith> ::Again debarks the Lady Luck and waits near the bottom of the boarding ramp for the Khelliannsu::
[21:49] <Dr_Cross> "Roger that, Captain"
[21:50] * Ken grabs his tool belt; puts a fresh memchip in his datapad and heads for the boarding ramp.
[21:50] * Dr_Cross joins the others on the ramp
[21:52] <Bynw> *Aerv's ship lands and lowers its ramp. Aerv (presumably) and a couple other Khelliannsu come out of the ship and wait for Raith and his crew.*
[21:53] * jtbullet has quit (Connection closed)
[21:54] <Raith> ::Walks out to meet Aerv and his companions:: "Hello Aerv."
[21:56] * Dr_Cross smiles and nods at Aerv and company
[21:57] <Bynw> *Aerv nods* "Were is your engineer and medical officer?"
[21:58] * Dr_Cross steps forward "I am the Medical Officer"
[21:59] * Ken walks up "I am the engineer."
[22:00] <Bynw> *Aerv* "Come on aboard then. We will be taking you to one of our medical facilities." *he says while addressing Dr Cross* "And you get to see this ship." *he says turning to Ken*\
[22:01] * Ken 's light u with excitement in a rare show of emotion
[22:01] * Dr_Cross takes out his medical scanners
[22:02] * Ken takes out his datapad and scanner from his tool belt and follows Aerv inside
[22:03] * Sathara stands near Raith.
[22:09] <Raith> "Aerv would you like to introduce me to your two crew mates?"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member