• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 9

Started by Bynw, 11 July 2010, 17:43:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:38]<Bynw> * Raith was learning about the Klade from the ISD expert on the matter.
[19:40]<Bynw> *Linden* "Any other questions Captain?"
[19:40]<+Raith> "You've got one their ships, so you have to know what their environment is like?"
[19:40]* fudgebob (~fudgebob@1F2813.495974.7EB1F4.C6469A) has joined #Teara-Adan
[19:40]* ChanServ gives channel half-operator status to fudgebob
[19:42]* WarLord (~Admin@48DFF2.199311.CA8536.6482F3) has left #Teara-Adan
[19:43]<Bynw> *Linden* "Virtually the same as ours. We can survive in their atmosphere, however you better be a bit hardy otherwise you may end up sick afterwords. And a good dose of O2 would be a good thing. Also they seem to have a higher tolerance toward radiation ... less shielding from the engines."
[19:44]<+Raith> "Any idea what they look like from the controls, or on board computer?"
[19:45]<Bynw> "Humanoid" *Linden says* "Is the best we can do. Their computer did not have any historical data. Only what was needed to fly the ship."
[19:47]<+Raith> "You have their Nav charts then? Locations of colonies and such?"
[19:48]<Bynw> "Yes we are aware of a number of worlds they have colonized. We believe that we have discovered their homeworld as well. 150 light years from our own."
[19:50]<Bynw> *Linden continues* "Using our conventional jump drives ... that would take 10 jumps .. while they could do the same in about 3"
[19:54]<+Raith> "Makes them our neighbors, relatively speaking. You find any mention of other alien species in the computer?"
[19:55]<Bynw> "They do seem to concentrate around their homeworld for their colonies. Now mind you they will go a ways out to obtain raw materials if needed. But all the colonies are very nearby. Only that they discovered another humaniod, presumed, species somewhere inbetween us and them. But that species went to war with the Klade and were wiped out."
[20:00]<+Raith> "How long did the war last?"
[20:00]<Bynw> "If there are any others, its historical data which is not currently available. Something for your to obtain Captain. From first contact to end of the war was a period of 3 standard months"
[20:05]<+Raith> ::His jaw drops:: "Three months and an entire species got wiped out..."
[20:07]<Bynw> "They were in only 2 or 3 systems. But densely populated. On worlds and moons. Domed cities and ships too."
[20:09]<+Raith> "How fast are their ships and how manuverable compaired to ours?"
[20:10]<Bynw> "They are not as advanced as us. Otherwise we might have discovered them ourselves before the Klade did."
[20:25]<Bynw> *Linden* "You do have more training to go through Captain Raith. And maybe you can learn some more about the Klade for us."
[20:25]<+Raith> ::Nods:: "I think that's enough questions for now."
[20:28]<+Raith> "I have training to get to." ::stands up::
[20:28]<Bynw> *he stands and hands over 2 datapads to Raith*
[20:28]<+Raith> ::Takes the pads:: "What's this?"
[20:29]<Bynw> *Linden* "One is my report on the Klade. The other is confirmation of your promotion to Captain."
[20:31]<+Raith> ::Nods appreciatively:: "Captain, eh. Looks like I finally made the big time."
[20:32]<Bynw> "I'm sure the Alliance High Command may promote you to Colonel and make you a flag officer if you exceed at this mission with the Klade."
[20:34]<Bynw> *Linden* "If you do well enough for us. I will see to it that you get at least Major out of your efforts."
[20:39]<+Raith> "I'm a field officer sir, my ass just wouldn't feel right polishing a seat in the rear. Besides my lips aren't big enough to kiss that much ass, sir."
[20:40]<+Raith> ::chuckles mischeviously::
[20:40]<Bynw> *Linden* "Rank does not mean you have to sit at a desk."
[20:42]<+Raith> "I'll have the klade trading tech for beads and alcohol, sir."
[20:43]<Bynw> *Linden laughs* "Somehow I think you will just be giving them the beads."
[20:45]<+Raith> ::Laughs:: "Someone's got to have a good time around here sir, might as well be me."
[20:45]<+Raith> ::leans in and lowers his voice:: "Any good whiskey on this boat sir?"
[20:46]<Bynw> "Meet me in the lounge at 2100 hours"
[20:46]<+Raith> ::Grins and snaps a salute:: "Yes sir!"

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member