21:19 <~bynw> * location, are the towers of the Imperial Palace. Home   *
21:19 <~bynw> * to the Emperor and Senators of the Empire. Spires       *
21:19 <~bynw> * glittered with gold reflecting in the sunlight. And the *
21:19 <~bynw> * flags of the Empire and personal standards of those     *
21:19 <~bynw> * currently in residence waving in the breeze from all    *
21:19 <~bynw> * corners of the ancient palace buildings.                *
21:19 <~bynw> *                                                         *
21:19 <~bynw> ***********************************************************
21:25 <~bynw> *the cathedral bells toll the noon hour as the midday sun reaches its zenith*
21:26 < Riam> ::A friar walks the market seemingly aimless. He is portly, with a good sized belly and the signature shaved head. He is dressed in a simple home spun wool robe. A long rosary dangles from his neck and ends in a crucifix. He eyes the fruit and sweet meats as he passes through the market:
21:28 < Riam> ::His plain, cow like, face wears a perpetual dazed smile. His mouth hangs open a bit and freckles cover his rosy cheeks. he begins humming a sad tune wordlessly as he moves::
21:30 <~bynw> *an elderly lady stops the friar seeking the good father's blessing as she continues through her day*
21:31 < Luc_Evrard> ::Buying one of the aforementioned pieces of fruit, a tall, thin yet muscular man in simple brown traveling leathers looks around. He notes almost everything with keen, green eyes. Making a momentary split decision, he buys another 3 pieces of fruit, tossing two into his pack, slung forward on his shoulder. He tosses a few coins to the seller, and, looking around again, waits a moment for
21:31 < Luc_Evrard> the elderly lady to finish with her blessing from the friar::
21:33 <~bynw> *the market is crowded with many travellers who come for the freshness and unspoiled delights of the sea before it can even be shipped through the gates to the farthest reaches of the Empire*
21:33 < Luc_Evrard> ::After the blessing, and the lady departs, he tosses the fruit to the portly Father:: "A thanks, sir, for your services to your Church, and your Empire."
21:34 < Riam> ::The tunes dies on his lips and he smiles stupidly at the woman:: "May the holy father smile on you this day matron and all your days. How beautiful you are my lady." ::The friar hugs her firmly for a moment, then steps back and makes the holy cross in the air before moving on::
21:35 <~bynw> *the old woman smiles a slightly toothless grin and remarks "bless you father" kissing his hand before she hobbles along the road*
21:39 -!- Cassie_OOC (Mibbit@OWIRCN-5f29a25e.client.mchsi.com) has joined #teara-adan
21:40 < Riam> !4df
21:40 <~bynw> (( cassie you can also join #teara-adan-ooc ))
21:41 <~bynw> !! it's "!df 4"
21:41 < Riam> !df 4
21:41 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)(+)(+)
21:44 < Luc_Evrard> !df 6
21:44 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(+)(-)(-)(+)
21:46 <~bynw> *the good friar cuts the old womans purse without so much as a blink ... she is unwares as she moves long the crowded streets of the market square
21:47 < Riam> ::Smiles stupidly at the woman for a moment as she departs then tucks a coin purse into his rope belt. A piece of fruit sails lazily through the air and catches the friars attention at the last moment before it strikes him. His arm blurs in alarm and suddenly the fruit is skeward by a knife that seemed to appear in the friars hand. he recovers instantly and follows the fruit back to shrewd man. His face takes a sudden
21:47 < Riam>  intensity::
22:00 < Luc_Evrard> ::Seeing the knife, the lean man thinks better of it, looking for nearby escape routes, and thinks better about what would have been a rather.....difficult decision. Walking near the father, but out of arms reach, the wiry man says to the father:: "Father, would you grant me your council? I have need of a holy man's opinion on a matter which vexes me?"
22:01 < Riam> "Adam or Berk, no matter to me. But you try to bark to the bashers and you'll bite the iron before you can rattle yer bone-box."
22:02 < Riam> ::The man's vocal cadence changes completely with the last words and all look of stupidity vanishes like mist under the sun::
22:04 < Luc_Evrard> ::Looking more strongly at the character, and dropping his voice to a much lower pitch, the Lean man speaks once more:: "Sir, I know you to be no simpleton. And I doubt much you are a priest. Shall we speak away from this crowd, or must we resort to injuring innocents instead to resolve our talks?"
22:07 < Riam> ::Sneers:: "Ye god. Another clueless sod. This damn town's briming over with cony's waitin' to be peeled. Well by all means berk lead the way if yer hot to dance with the devil." ::Florishes his arm to indicate the man should lead the way::
22:10 < Luc_Evrard> ::Frowning slightly, the lean man walks towards an alley, yet keeps out of range of the man's hands, keeping his eyes on the 'Friar'::
22:12 <~bynw> *the ally is sheltered from the overhead summer sun, and the clear skies above. the shadows of the buildings make it noticabily cooler*
22:17 < Luc_Evrard> ::Looking down at the portly man, Luc leans against a wall, calmly:: "Sir, I know you to be a man of at least moderate intelligence by your fast action, and quick targetting of the poor victim of your crime. I but wonder one thing, and it is more a curiosity than anything else. Why pose as a man of Christ? Does it make it easier for you to steal from those so poor they barely live?"                                                                                                           
22:18 < Riam> ::Follows the man into the ally, but keeps his distance:: "I hope your not of a notion that I'm some apple chaser looking to charm yer snake for a few coins? Gonna be painting the walls red in a beat er two if ya do." ::He takes a bite of the fruit at the end of his knife and eyes the man::
22:19 < Riam> ::Sneers again:: "You nobility? You sound like it."
22:19 < Riam> "When did I say I was a man of christ?"
22:20 < Luc_Evrard> "Just well raised, friend. Well to do merchant family." ::Appraises him once again::
22:20 -!- Cassie_OOC (Mibbit@OWIRCN-5f29a25e.client.mchsi.com) has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
22:21 < Riam> "Just clothes. Wrap your brain box round it anyway you choose berk. You dress like a dandy I knew from a red light house. Doesn't mean you make the bald man cry on yer knees does it?"
22:21 < Luc_Evrard> "You posed as a friar, even giving a blessing while stealing from that old woman. You dressed the part, even know the correct phrases."
22:22 < Riam> "It make you feel better to lecture me about bobbing a cony while your holding on to a fat purse and talking round a silver spoon berk?"
22:24 < Luc_Evrard> "I don't mean to lecture. I'm just asking why. I'm....curious about things like that. Motives matter to me, not the actions themselves."
22:25 < Riam> "You feel better about my clothes if i was whispering sweet nothin's into the ear of a little boy? Would that fit yer barmy notions better?"
22:27 < Riam> ::The man draws up again, his face becoming solem and pious:: "Maybe I should preach to you of the word of god! Would that slake your curiousity my son?"
22:27 < Luc_Evrard> ::Grins at the ironic humor:: "I doubt I would, though your joke is entertaining considering what I know of priests and their restrictions. And you are still avoiding answering the question."
22:28 < Riam> ::Smiles devilishly:: "And your avoiding the answer."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

21:40 <~bynw> *the city has several market places, a very large one nearest the gate and others scattered across the city in different neighborhoods as needed. unless one is looking for something specific they tend to avoid the busier marketplace at the gate ...
21:43 <~bynw> *people are coming and going about the marketplace. old and young, laymen, clergy and others mingle about the stands, allyways and streets that make up the market.
21:51 -!- Luc (~androirc@OWIRCN-174be6e8.sub-174-253-149.myvzw.com) has quit (Client closed the connection)
21:52  * Mirina walks out of an herbalist's shop, having just slung a Healer's satchel across her chest, the strap crossing from her left shoulder to her right hip.  On her left hip is sheathed a smallish short sword and along her right calf is a dagger sheath, complete with dagger.  She stands quite short, a few inches over five feet, and is small-framed but compactly muscular.  Her blonde hair is tidily braided and coiled at the nape of h
21:53 < Mirina> her neck, and her gray eyes miss little as she scans the market stalls, waiting for her eyes to reaccustom themselves to sunlight after the dim shop.
21:55 <~bynw> *the near noon sun is almost at its zenith in the sky, light and heat coming down in the summer day ... but not yet an oppresive heat
21:57  * Johannes is a blandly-handsome young man, appearing to the untrained eye to be of around twenty summers. His hair is shoulder-length, a nondescript brown. He is possessed of an average height, a semi-muscular build, with broad, confident shoulders and tanned skin.  He is dressed in a threadbare but clean tan breeches and tunic, his feet shod in well-worn sandals as he haggles bemusedly with a merchant over the price of a rich, ar
21:57 < Johannes> omatic cask of ale.
22:03 <~bynw> *the cathedral bells at the Imperial Palace begin to ring out the tolling of the noon-time. rich and deep to their ring that can be heard almost across the city as other bells being to toll as well in unison with the great cathedral
22:07  * Mirina walks down the narrow street, headed in the general direction of one of the nicer inns near the Palace.  She is dressed in brown leather breeches and a deceptively simple, mid-thigh length tunic of blue linen, embroidered in darker blue.  She settles her Healer's satchel on her hip as she walks.
22:08  * Mirina seems young, but her exact age is difficult to tell.  As she walks, her head moves slowly from side to side, taking in all the people, always aware of her surroundings.
22:10  * Mirina walks over to an ostler's stall, fishes coin out of her purse to pay the ostler for minding her horse, and mounts a gray mare.  "Come on, Honoria, let's find out what's going on at the Palace that the Emperor needs every Healer in the Empire here."  She chuckles and clicks the horse to a slow walk.
22:14 -!- ambush (ambush@OWIRCN-d1643d35.client.mchsi.com) has joined #teara-adan
22:14 -!- ambush is now known as Luc
22:23  * Luc stares at the "priest" hard, one last time, laughs richly, shakes his head, and turns around and leaves, deciding to head back for his lodging as he seems to be able to get no answers from this irritable little man.
22:27 < Luc> !df 4
22:27 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)( )(+)
22:31  * Luc listens, hearing what Mirina says, and thinks, and then decides to keep going, intent on asking his innkeeper questions regarding what the lovely Healer said.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member