Bynw

[19:45] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #teara-adan with 1500ms delay
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> +---------------------------------------
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 41
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> +---------------------------------------
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | Two and a half weeks have passed since
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | the Anadari apprentices returned to
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | their fortress in the Glass Desert.
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> |
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | Master Nym only stayed a day before
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | he left again on Iamar, this time
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | taking the young Dennis Idge with him.
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | Their destination. The Kindom of Adan,
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | the mother of all nations over a 1000
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | miles to the northeast. Using Nym's
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | Tricon mount, they would be there in
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | scant minutes.
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | In the time that has passed the other
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | apprentices have resumed their studies
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | under the watchful eyes of Michon.
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | Weapons practice, focusing on the
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | Star Sword of course. The weapon of
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | the Anadari.
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | Esoteric studies. The Dual Arcane,
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | proper Shielding. Centering and Balance.
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | Language skills. Cana for some, Solice
[19:45] <@Bynw[GM]> | and Valmari for most of the others.
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> |
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> | Each of the apprentices is able to
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> | lead the training based on their own
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> | skills. The training of diplomacy
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> | waits until Idge returns.
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> +---------------------------------------
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> |         23rd of May 464 NE
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> |         Game Time: midday
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> |     Location: Courtyard at rest
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:46] <@Bynw[GM]> +---------------------------------------
[19:46] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:47] * +Risira is quietly studying a book on elementary Cana, trying to improve her thus-far rudimentary skills at that language.
[19:49] * +Llanth occupies his time with subjects of arcane nature.
[19:49] * +Daine has been near obsessively working in the, until now, abandoned steel forge in the fortress' courtyard
[19:50] <@Bynw[GM]> *Tara helps Llanth with a number of arcane subjects
[19:52] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon chats privately with Regan on a few matters
[19:53] <+Llanth> "Tara, were you able to acquire an appropriate spell book for me?"
[19:55] <@Bynw[GM]> *Tara* "Yes I have one for you. Still working on it though ... needs a few more touches."
[19:56] <+Llanth> "Ah I see.
[19:57] * +Daine holds up an un--finished sword to examine it.
[19:59] <+Master_Nym> ::in a flash of light the sounds of hooves pounding on sand can be heard in the courtyard::
[20:00] <+Master_Nym> ::Jumps down from Iamar's back and onto the courtyard sand of the tri-sun fortress and helps Dennis down as well::
[20:01] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon looks up at the sound of Nym returning and states to Regan* "Go join the others."
[20:01] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon stands follow Regan to where the others are, not too far away from location that now hold Nym*
[20:01] <+Daine> ::Looks up for a moment to see Nym and Dennis, then sets aside his work, pulls on his shirt, and walks to join them::
[20:07] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks at those that have come. He swings a pack from his back and onto the ground. He then pulls two bricks from it; they are identical::
[20:08] <+Master_Nym> "It took us a bit more effort then expected to get it done, but have it. This..." ::he holds up one brick:: "is an original brick from the Matrix::
[20:08] <+Master_Nym> "This.." ::he holds up the other:: "Is the one we've had made."
[20:09] * +Taenor stands from meditating nearby Daine, and walks towards Nym.
[20:10] * +Risira closes her book, gets up, and walks over to where Nym and the rest are.
[20:12] <+Master_Nym> "Making the brick was the easiest part. Now comes the part only one man has ever attempted and succeeded. Attuning it."
[20:13] <@Bynw[GM]> *Tara looks at the bricks* "The new one could be used for any purpose of storing arcane energies. Its a blank slate ... "
[20:17] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "Master. If we succeed in this task. Everyone will know it."
[20:17] <+Master_Nym> "I've tried to study the original, but it's vastly complex."
[20:18] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks to Michon:: "I've heard the Matrix at Mariabronn gave everyone in Adan a headache when it came on or alive as you care to look at it."
[20:19] <+Llanth> "Isn't our matrix already active?"
[20:20] <+Master_Nym> ::To Llanth:: "Somewhat, but unfocused. Like a person suck in a deep sleep."
[20:20] <+Master_Nym> (stuck)
[20:24] <@Bynw[GM]> *Tara* "Our matrix isnt active. As Master Nym said its like in a deep sleep. Once it awakes though. Everyone will know it. Some may not know what has happed but they will look this direction."
[20:25] <+Llanth> "Great more midnight visitors.. I'll start making the beds int he spare rooms."
[20:25] <+Llanth> (In the)
[20:29] * +Risira shakes and smooths the wrinkles out of the skirt of her gray linen dress. "Master Nym, do you have an idea HOW to attune the new brick?"
[20:29] <+Daine> ::Chuckles at Llanth:: "I don't think many know how to get here anymore. The desert itself is better than any wall we could build."
[20:30] <+Llanth> "Didn't stop our lovely undead friend."
[20:31] <+Master_Nym> ::To Risira, he looks a bit hesitant as he speaks:: "I've never attempted anything this complex or grand, but yes I've imbued some objects before now. I imbued my Star Sword myself."
[20:32] * +Risira nods.
[20:32] <+Daine> ::To Llanth:: "True, but you think much would? Not many like that thing out in the world...at least I sorely hope so."
[20:33] <+Llanth> "Where there is one..."
[20:33] <+Daine> ::To Risira:: "I've been practicing myself, in the forge. Not much success, but some."
[20:34] * +Risira nods again.
[20:34] <@Bynw[GM]> *Regan* "I know how to do it. Using the medallion. It told me how to do it. When I first made contact with it and almost lost my own mind. I don't know if I can do it though."
[20:34] <+Master_Nym> ::Llanth:: "Nothing will keep everyone out. No security is unbreakable."
[20:36] <+Llanth> "This may be true, but you can't break the security you don't know is there."
[20:36] <+Master_Nym> ::To Everyone:: "We must all be a part of this. All of us will help imbue the stone. Even I could not do it alone. I'm willing to bet even Saint Anthony did not build the Matrix in Mariabronn alone."
[20:37] <@Bynw[GM]> *Tara* "There a few spells and a well placed Wards Major can prevent anything mortal from coming through"
[20:37] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks to Llanth questioningly:: "You have an idea? Speak your mind."
[20:38] <+Llanth> "Not so much an idea as reservations."
[20:40] <+Daine> ::Chuckles:: "You afraid? Or just habitually hide from your opponents?"
[20:40] <+Master_Nym> "Daine, enough."
[20:40] <+Daine> ::looks down and goes silent::
[20:41] <+Master_Nym> ::Nods to Llanth:: "I see. Perhaps I can help your reservations."
[20:41] <+Llanth> "My question is this; will our risk to ourselves be outweighed by our benefits?"
[20:41] <@Bynw[GM]> *Tara* "He stays in the shadows Daine where he hits you with an arrow that you never see coming."
[20:41] <+Master_Nym> "You know of Polaris?"
[20:43] <+Daine> ::To Tara, quietly:: "I prefer to look my enemy in the eye. A fair fight."
[20:44] <+Llanth> "Where we took Dennis, yes. Daine, in a fight for my life, all methods are fair."
[20:45] <+Daine> "All methods? How about taking say children for prisoners?"
[20:47] <+Master_Nym> "Polaris is an island in the north. But if you tried to sail to it, or fly to it you will never reach it. A fog will engulf you and you will soon find yourself going back the way you came without realizing you turned."
[20:48] <+Llanth> "Daine, such a thing is not even comprehensible as a method of self defense to any but a barbarian such as yourself.
[20:48] <+Master_Nym> "The Matrix in Mariabronn controlled and propelled the most powerful army in the world at one time, all of them imbued items in the shape of men."
[20:49] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "Enough of the bickering."
[20:50] <+Daine> ::Grins at Llanth:: "I see. So then you do not use any and all methods. Some are taboo. Where is the line then? What decides what can and cannot be used? Hmm..."
[20:50] <+Daine> ::Goes silent::
[20:51] * Ghostgames (~Ghostgames@OWIRCN-774bc7e8.ma.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Ann mounts her ghostly steed and rides into the night.)
[20:51] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "We shall have a combat ethics lesson in the coming days to answer those questions."
[20:52] <+Daine> "Yes Master Michon."
[20:54] <+Master_Nym> ::Continues after a pause:: "...As I was saying Llanth, our enemies already know of us. It is no secret that I defied the Anadari council and tradition to make House Horizon. It is also no secret, to those that watch, that I am not in any of my usual haunts."
[20:55] <@Bynw[GM]> *Dennis* "Save for the last couple of weeks Master. Our presence back home in Adan did not go unnoticed."
[20:55] <+Master_Nym> "Obviously the Druid Chadwick and those he represents know I am in this area. I doubt many have not already guessed our location, much as did the Lich that visited us and the member of House Adamant."
[20:57] <+Master_Nym> "I've worked in secrecy thus far to give House Horizon time to establish itself, but that time is coming to a close. You are all progressing faster than I had dared hope."
[20:58] <+Master_Nym> "The final piece will be the Matrix. Once we have that I do not think it will matter if the world knows we have come and where we are."
[21:01] <+Llanth> "And the distance from the house won't matter?"
[21:01] <+Master_Nym> "Not with the medallion, no."
[21:02] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks to Regan:: "There will come a time when you must part with that I'm afraid."
[21:02] <@Bynw[GM]> *Regan says nothing and looks at the ground*
[21:04] <+Master_Nym> ::sighs:: "For now I am going to rest. All of you should be ready just before dawn. I'd like to start at Dawn to try and attune the brick."
[21:05] * +Taenor nods and remains silent
[21:05] <+Master_Nym> "Save your strength and eat well. You'll need it."
[21:07] <+Llanth> "Toast... bacon... and fried eggs... yes..."
[21:08] <+Master_Nym> "I will return sometime tonight in time to prepare things for the dawn. I have one more errand to see to." ::Jumps to Iamar's back::
[21:11] <+Master_Nym> ::he pats Iamar's neck and the Tricon starts off at a gallop and in a flash of light is gone::
[21:12] <+Master_Nym> ::Tara is left holding the bricks::
[21:17] * +Llanth turns to Tara.
[21:17] <+Llanth> "Fried egg and bacon sandwich?"
[21:17] <+Daine> "Meat."
[21:18] <+Daine> "I thought you Elves only ate fruits and berries Llanth?"
[21:18] <+Llanth> "I think I saw a small furry creature scurrying into a hole over there Daine, why don't you go chase it."
[21:20] <+Master_Nym> roll 6df+
[21:20] <+BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 6df+ and gets (+)(-)( )(+)(-)( ) Great
[21:22] <+Daine> ::eyes Llanth for a moment, his mouth opens to say something, but he closes it with a glance at Michon::
[21:23] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "Ethics in combat. Taking another as a shield is not ethical. However hiding in the bushes and using a ranged weapon certainly is ethical."
[21:23] <+Daine> ::He simply glares at Llanth and walks back towards the forge::
[21:23] <+Daine> ::Stops as Michon begins talking and returns::
[21:24] * +Risira blushes and bows her head, knowing her own tendency to hide behind stronger people in combat situations.
[21:24] <+Daine> "In the back, from cover of bushes?"
[21:24] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "But as Anadari. We have long martial tradition of what many call 'honorable' combat. With bladed weapons. One on one."
[21:25] <+Daine> ::Nods to Michon::
[21:27] <+Llanth> "If one's strength is not in that area does it not make sense to avoid that situation when possible?"
[21:27] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "Shooting someone in the back, is not honorable. It would not be ethical either in a dual of any kind. In war ... it maybe the only shot you have."
[21:28] <+Taenor> "War and Duels are two different things, as the master says."
[21:33] <+Daine> ::Rubs his chin for a moment in thought, then speaks:: "We all have our strengths and weaknesses I suppose. But I still prefer to face my enemy front on, then sneak about. No doubt of your skill in the bow though Llanth. I suppose sneaking about is the best method of defense for a bowman."
[21:34] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "As Anadari we have more than physical weapons to use against opponants. Including something as simple as diplomacy. Although that will not work with everyone. Brute force and weapons are always a last resort when all other options have failed."
[21:34] <+Daine> ::nods, but looks unconvinced::
[21:34] <+Master_Nym> roll 6df+
[21:34] <+BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 6df+ and gets ( )(-)( )(-)(-)(+) Fair
[21:35] <+Llanth> "Daine, no need to resort to violence when they don't know you are there."
[21:37] <+Daine> "What do you do if they find you though?"
[21:38] * +Llanth puts on an extremely innocent face.
[21:38] <+Llanth> "Just hunting deer here m'lord."
[21:39] <+Daine> ::Chuckles at Llanth:: "Next time just call me."
[21:40] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "There is an ancient warrors code that was adopted by the Anadari early on. It goes like this ..."
[21:41] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "Do not hurt where holding is enough; Do not wound where hurting is enough; do not maim where wounding is enough; and kill not where maiming is enough; ... "
[21:42] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "The greatest warrior is he who does not need to kill."
[21:43] <+Daine> "I wonder what Horak Bindar would say to that."
[21:44] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "Purhaps someday ... you can ask him."
[21:46] <+Daine> ::Pales a bit:: "Hopefully not."
[21:48] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "The Akasa and your strength within it may allow it."
[21:52] <+Daine> ::Pales a bit more:: "I thought Horok Bindar was long since past on?"
[21:53] <@Bynw[GM]> *Michon* "He is."
[21:53] <+Daine> ::Looks questioningly:: "How would I...you mean when I pass on?"
[21:54] <+Master_Nym> roll 6df+
[21:54] <+BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 6df+ and gets ( )(+)(-)( )(+)( ) Great
[21:55] <+Llanth> "He could be undead, or just still alive."
[21:59] <+Daine> ::A ghostly green adolecent steps out from behind Regan, it is difficult to tell if it is a boy or girl. His body is outlined in dark green hand-fire and it's smiling:: "I've seen a Knight of Bindar...once."
[21:59] * +Taenor (~ambush@level2.otherworlders.org) Quit (Connection closed)
[22:04] <+Daine> "With Nym...Er Master Nym" ::rolls his eyes:: "He made quite a stir he did. He had pointed ears like you." ::points to Llanth::
[22:05] <@Bynw[GM]> (( we can stop it here since we are loosing folks ))
[22:05] * Llanth is now known as Elim-Sleep
[22:05] <+Risira> Point to Daine.
[22:06] <+Elim-Sleep> Point to ME!!! HA HA HA... Ok, point to Risira,
[22:06] <+Risira> Thanks, Elim. :)
[22:06] <+Daine> thanks. Point to Llanth for the interaction

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member