[20:17:28] <~Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 1
[20:17:29] <~Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Intro
[20:17:30] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[20:17:32] <~Bynw> | The Knights of the Horizon. The first
[20:17:33] <~Bynw> | Anadari House created in the current
[20:17:34] <~Bynw> | millenia, has begun a new day in the
[20:17:36] <~Bynw> | ancient fortress of Master Ethan the
[20:17:37] <~Bynw> | Dark Son, an Anadari master of the long
[20:17:38] <~Bynw> | extinct Glass Knights.
[20:17:40] <~Bynw> |
[20:17:41] <~Bynw> | Master Nym Gibran had chosen this
[20:17:42] <~Bynw> | location due to its past association
[20:17:44] <~Bynw> | with the Anadari and for the inhospitable
[20:17:45] <~Bynw> | environment of the Glass Desert. So hot
[20:17:46] <~Bynw> | in the day that the sand can fuse into
[20:17:48] <~Bynw> | shards of glass.
[20:17:49] <~Bynw> |
[20:17:50] <~Bynw> | The area is also volcanic which helps to
[20:17:51] <~Bynw> | heat the sand from the bottom as well
[20:17:53] <~Bynw> | as the top. Rivers of lava flow beneath
[20:17:54] <~Bynw> | the surface of this desert making any
[20:17:55] <~Bynw> | travel through it life threatening.
[20:17:57] <~Bynw> |
[20:17:58] <~Bynw> | Yet the Anadari chose to build a
[20:17:59] <~Bynw> | fortress in this place. Away from prying
[20:18:01] <~Bynw> | eyes and meant for only those with a true
[20:18:02] <~Bynw> | calling to join the ancient order to
[20:18:03] <~Bynw> | brave the wilderness that protects it.
[20:18:05] <~Bynw> |
[20:18:06] <~Bynw> | Here Nym Gibran. Master of the Anadari
[20:18:07] <~Bynw> | way has made his home and his apprentices
[20:18:09] <~Bynw> | chosen by him or through the Akasa itself
[20:18:10] <~Bynw> | have come to gather. His house, but six
[20:18:11] <~Bynw> | months old has a membership of 1 Master,
[20:18:12] <~Bynw> | 1 full Knight and 7 apprentices.
[20:18:14] <~Bynw> |
[20:18:15] <~Bynw> | The most recent of which to join the
[20:18:16] <~Bynw> | house are: Llanth, Caime and Taenor.
[20:18:18] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[20:18:19] <~Bynw> | Today's Game Date: 2 Avril 464 NE
[20:18:20] <~Bynw> |          Game Time: midday
[20:18:22] <~Bynw> |        End of Adventure Intro
[20:18:23] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[20:18:23] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:19:44] <~Bynw> *Nym has brought the 3 new apprentices to the fortress over a period of several days. There the apprentices were kept isolated until their ritual to enter the House and Order was completed.*
[20:20:45] <~Bynw> *now complete the apprentices were introduced to Michon, an Anadari Knight and Nym's weapons master. Today they are being brought out of the isolation and introduced to the rest of the House*
[20:21:48] <~Bynw> *inside the fortess walls, even in the courtyards, the heat and dryness is reduced*
[20:23:30] <~Bynw> *the young kid, Dennis watches the courtyard as the 3 new apprentices are brought out. Led by Michon*
[20:26:19] <~Bynw> *the apprentices are followed by Master Nym himself as he comes to introduces his newest charges*
[20:29:29] * Spunky is now known as Nym_Gibran
[20:31:32] <Nym_Gibran> ::The tall, thin Anadari master lopes out into the courtyard. It would be hard to pinpoint exactly what it is about the man, but something reminds you of a feral animal::
[20:32:28] <Nym_Gibran> ::He eyes each new apprentice for a moment in turn before he speaks:: "Welcome to the Tri-Sun fortress."
[20:32:46] <~Bynw> *after leading the new apprentices into the courtyard. Michon goes to bring the current members of the house to gather round. Bringing Dennis (a young boy), Tara (a raven headed woman in her late 20's or early 30's) and Daine.
[20:33:04] * +Taenor bows his thanks
[20:33:16] <+Taenor> *deeply
[20:33:32] <~Bynw> (( ooops there are 4 new apprentices ... I forgot Mark in that ))
[20:33:59] <Nym_Gibran> ::gives a half smile to Taenor and bows back, same depth, same duration::
[20:35:01] * +Mark bows after Taenor, in a similar fashion
[20:35:24] <Nym_Gibran> "I am honored to have you choose house horizon. All of you will set the tone for the generations to come after."
[20:37:00] <Nym_Gibran> "You have all met our esteemed sword master Michon. He will be your instructor in the Anadari martial disiplines." ::he sweeps his hand towards Michon::
[20:37:37] <~Bynw> *Michon nods at them, one hand always resting on the hilt of his sword*
[20:37:56] * +Mark nods back at Michon
[20:38:14] * +Llanth nods to Michon.
[20:39:34] * +Taenor stays inplace, not nodding, measuring Michon's stance, and attitude,watching him.
[20:41:04] <Nym_Gibran> ::Looks serious for a moment, his eye squint against the glare:: "He is a fair man, but a stern teacher. I suggest you take his lessons seriously."
[20:41:41] <~Bynw> *Michon has the look of a trained and seasoned warrior.
[20:43:10] <Nym_Gibran> ::his arm moves to point at Dennis:: "This is Apprentice Dennis Idge. The youngest of House Horizon's apprentices."
[20:43:33] * +Mark looks to Dennis and back to Nym
[20:43:54] <Nym_Gibran> "Pay no mind to his youth, I assure you he has earn his place here."
[20:44:05] <~Bynw> *the young boy, not even 15 yet, looks rather bored standing in the courtyard*
[20:44:09] * +Taenor glances at Dennis, nods slightly, one young man to another, then looks back to Nym.
[20:45:29] <~Bynw> *dennis doesnt return anyone glance or nod. he's not even really looking at them. he is busy tracing patterns in the sand of the courtyard with his boot*
[20:46:12] <Nym_Gibran> ::His arm moves again to point to the young raven hair woman standing next to him:: "This is Tara, also an apprentice of House Horizon." ::he glances to her for a moment, but says nothing more
[20:46:14] <Nym_Gibran> ::
[20:46:48] * +Taenor bows, a gentleman, despite his past.
[20:46:51] * +Mark looks towards Tara, and then back at Nym
[20:47:01] <~Bynw> *she smiles at the newest members of the house*
[20:47:43] * +Llanth watches Nym quietly.
[20:48:47] <Nym_Gibran> ::He eyes the large, stern looking youth next to him for a moment and then looks back at the others:: "This is Daine T'zan. An Apprentice of House Horizon as well."
[20:49:32] * +Taenor nods to Daine, slightly aprehensive, though wondering to himself, why.
[20:49:53] <+Daine> ::Touches his heart and then his chin quickly and litly in some form of salute to the others::
[20:50:18] * +Mark looks, as he has to every other apprentice, towards Daine and back at Nym
[20:50:48] <+Daine> ::Speaks in the foreign tongue of Utha, Valmari:: "I am pleased to meet each of you."
[20:52:04] * +Taenor shudders, his eyes glazing over, reliving horrible memories.
[20:52:06] <+Daine> ::he watches closely to see if anyone of the new apprentices understands him::
[20:53:39] <Nym_Gibran> ::His arm sweeps towards the other, new, apprentices:: "A word of warning."
[20:54:42] <Nym_Gibran> "Whatever titles or honors you may have had before today mean nothing here. From farmers to kings, you are just Apprentices here, nothing more, nothing less. You are all equal now and here."
[20:55:05] <Nym_Gibran> "Please, introduce yourselves."
[20:55:34] <~Bynw> !! dont forget descriptions too !!
[20:55:39] * +Taenor keeps staring into space, shuddering occasionally
[20:56:12] * +Caime stands solemnly, eyes averted.
[20:58:13] <Nym_Gibran> ::Watches closely as the new apprentices wrestle with their fear on being the first to speak::
[20:58:56] * +Mark is a relatively young man. He brown eyes blend into his tan features, with his black hair topping it all off. "I am Mark." He then bows.
[20:59:08] * +Llanth Speaks up "Though my compatriates appear to be afraid to speak. I am not mute."
[21:00:35] <+Llanth> I am Llanth F'Nor I am from the warp Wood. ::shakes his long copper red hair from his face as he speaks. Lean and muscular he appears to be a fighter.::
[21:01:17] * +Caime speaks out of the terse silence suddenly, but with a clear, ringing voice. "I am Caime de H'arric."
[21:02:42] * +Caime is a slender, fair-haired young man not a day older than twenty. He has tawny hazel eyes that stare from underneath very thick but neatly-trimmed blonde bangs.
[21:05:05] * +Mark is a relatively young man. He brown eyes blend into his tan features, with his black hair topping it all off. He is slightly shorter than average, but built into his figure. "I am Mark." He then bows.
[21:05:17] * +Taenor blinks deep green eyes, his entire, tall, lean, thin body shaking, a traumatized survivor of some horror. He shakes his raven hair, then looks out and speaks. "I am Taenor Calthran, a Healer. And I would prefer not to speak in front of what seems to be a Uthani pig."
[21:08:19] * +Daine Daine stands nearly six and a half feet and weights over two hundred pounds. His head is shaved clean and only a smalll triangular tuft of black hair sprouts from his chin. His eyes are a dark brown that make them seem like endlessly deep pits in his skull and his skin is sun darkened. He appears to be in his mid to late teens, not quite a full grown man. Though his body has yet to fill out completely, He is
[21:08:20] * +Daine  already an imposing figure. His broad frame bulges with lean, flat muscle piled upon it in generous proportions and his shoulders spread nearly as wide as an axe handle.
[21:09:50] <~Bynw> *Dennis looks up at the remark made by one of the new comers and looks around to see if there is going to be a fight*
[21:09:59] <+Daine> ::His face turns a crimson red and his hand slaps at his hip in a reflexive motion that is unmistakable drawing a weapon. Fortunatly he seems to be unarmed at the moment::
[21:10:20] * +Taenor braces himself slightly, ready for anything
[21:10:22] * +Daine Today he has forgone his usual travelling attire for something more suitted to the heat. A long, thin, cotton, tunic with hood and matching trousers with over sized legs. Both garments are the color of sand. Knee high brown leather boots keep glass dust from touching his feet.
[21:11:05] <Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes dart to Daine and he grimaces::
[21:12:32] <+Daine> ::He speaks in Valmari:: "You have a large mouth for a healer. Can you support it, or are you all talk, boy?"
[21:13:39] * +Llanth dispassionately ignores the other's sparring, and begins inspecting his fingernails.
[21:13:47] <+Daine> "We can settle any grievances you have here and now. I do not need a weapon, I have these." ::he makes fist::
[21:14:01] * +Mark takes a step back, not wanting to be in the middle of a scrap
[21:14:03] * +Caime has quit IRC (Quit: Caime)
[21:14:40] <~Bynw> *Michon steps up infront of Taenor. "There are no Uthani here. Only Anadari." *he turns sharply to Daine*
[21:15:02] <+Taenor> "I know your language, pig. I cannot speak it, well, but I know it. I have been around long enough and well enough to support anything i say. And I at least, am a human being, though I be Deryni."
[21:15:58] * +Taenor looks at Michon, though extends his senses to include his surroundings.
[21:16:05] <+Daine> ::He looks to Master Nym, his face a mask of rage::
[21:16:45] <~Bynw> *Michon turns back to Taenor and switches to Valmari speech* "So anyone that speak Valmari is a pig? Perhaps those that understand it too are pigs." *he switches back to Cana* "
[21:17:14] <Nym_Gibran> ::Looks first to Daine, then to Taenor. He holds his look at Taenor:: "Apprentice Taenor, Step forward please."
[21:17:39] * +Taenor steps forward, moving around Michon.
[21:17:52] <~Bynw> "The both of you will be companions to one another. You will eat togther, sleep together, spar together, train together. You will each look out for one another's wellfare."
[21:18:54] <~Bynw> *Michon says looking over at Nym* "This will test your abilities to their limits and show that you can go beyond them."
[21:19:27] <Nym_Gibran> "You are a healer. Daine has been trained as a warrior. It is fate that you will both depend on each other in the coming days. Apart you will fail, together you are more then twice as strong."
[21:20:08] <+Taenor> "Master Michon, I must protest. Your judgment of what I said is innacurate. My past, as I will tell anyone readily, is traumatic. And Uthani, the race as a whole, are vermin, designed as a test of our will, and need to be exterminated."
[21:21:26] <Nym_Gibran> "Do you challenge Daine then? To prove what you say?"
[21:22:02] <+Taenor> "No, master. Not in this place, not at this time. And not without a weapon."
[21:23:08] <+Daine> ::In Valmari:: "Weakling, you will come for me in the night then like a rat...."
[21:23:56] <+Taenor> ::In halting Valmari:: "I have more honor than that, pig. And spar against me and you will see who is the weakling.""
[21:24:05] <Nym_Gibran> ::Turns to Daine and also in Valmari:: "Hold your tongue Daine."
[21:24:14] <~Bynw> "Your protest is noted Taenor. Your past is your past. Learn from it. Use it to your advantage, not as a crutch. The Uthani as a whole are good wholesome people like any other. And like anyother, have vermin amoungst them. Daine is not, by his very presence here shows his willingness to be in the Light rather than in the Darkness."
[21:24:32] <~Bynw> *Michon looks at the two men*
[21:25:52] <Nym_Gibran> ::Steps forward to Taenor, a hard look in his eyes, the look of a predator:: "You have more in common with Daine then you know Apprentice Taenor, mind what I am saying in the coming days and trials."
[21:26:18] <+Taenor> "As you wish, Master."
[21:27:59] <Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow at Taenor and speaks in Valmari:: "And know that my veins hold Uthani blood as well Apprentice." ::He stares flatly at Taenor for a moment and then turns and resumes his place::
[21:28:40] * +Taenor stares at Master Nym, unbelieving, but wondering how.........
[21:31:21] <~Bynw> *Michon* "Now then. There is work to be done. We all have duties to perform here. This fortress is still being cleaned up since it was abandoned for centuries before Master Nym was brought here by the Akasa. You will be given mundane tasks to do on top of any other esoteric and martial studies ..... "
[21:32:35] <Nym_Gibran> ::Hooks his thumbs in his belt and composes himself as Michon speaks::
[21:33:04] <~Bynw> *he pauses* "... a word of warning. This fortress was built by the Glass Knights, an ancient Anadari house. This ancient house killed one another off in a day of madness. We have done our best to clean the psychic residue of this event but you may still come across it. Be mindful and careful of what you may sense"
[21:36:37] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods as Michon speaks and pipes in himself:: "The fortress does contain a portal to travel if needed. I strongly suggest you do not venture far outside and especially during the day. The glass desert is unforgiving."
[21:38:21] <Nym_Gibran> "When I am not here Michon is absolute authority. Test that at your peril." ::he gives a half smile to Michon::
[21:39:08] <~Bynw> (( i think thats a wrap for the first session Llanth has to go and we already lost Caime ))
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member