20:12 <~bynw> | the pair bid him farewell. Now armed with the
20:12 <~bynw> | revolation that Chadwick is a plant and not a
20:12 <~bynw> | man it explains his longevity and hatred of
20:12 <~bynw> | humankind.
20:12 <~bynw> |
20:12 <~bynw> | But what to do with this knowledge? Where to
20:12 <~bynw> | take it and what is to be done about it. The
20:12 <~bynw> | Portal Plague is still a threat. And even a
20:12 <~bynw> | greater one if it reaches an ancient Matrix.
20:12 <~bynw> | Purhaps Kirsh itself is already infected and
20:12 <~bynw> | given Chadwick's involvement, the point of
20:12 <~bynw> | origin for the plague.
20:12 <~bynw> | A million and one thoughts run through the
20:12 <~bynw> | minds of the two as they exit Jebadiah's rooms
20:12 <~bynw> | and enter the cooridors beyond them.
20:12 <~bynw> | Here they are greeted by Master Rose and several
20:12 <~bynw> | of her apprentices while Jebadiah takes up the
20:12 <~bynw> | rear behind them and he states only one thing as
20:12 <~bynw> | he enters the cooridor:
20:12 <~bynw> | "They are clear Lynorri.
20:12 <~bynw> |  They must see the Council now."
20:12 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:14  * Alianna frowns at Jebadiah's last.  "We are clear? What the shit is that supposed to mean?"
20:16 < Alderic> ::Smirks at Alianna's words::
20:20 <~bynw> ::Jebadiah:: "That means your are not infected by the plague and are safe to use a Portal"
20:21  * Alianna nods.  "Okay."
20:23 <~bynw> ::Master Rose:: "I will take you to the Council"
20:24 < Alianna> "Question number two.  Who or what is Lynorri?"
20:25 <~bynw> ::Master Rose smiles at Alianna:: "I am. It is my given name."
20:26 < Alianna> "Ah, gotcha."
20:29 < Alderic> "What is your house's philosophy Master Rose?"
20:32 -!- Sarah [~Sarah@D82662.974088.3EF132.C7565B] has joined #teara-adan
20:34 <~bynw> ::Master Rose stops at one of the other doors in the cooridor and pulls out a key and opens the door:: "Each is able to walk their own path. We strive on individualism. As long as one stays in the light."
20:41 < Alderic> "Sounds nice for warrior monks, but unproductive for most others."
20:41 <~bynw> ::Master Rose:: "There is a Portal in here. I will take you through to see the Council. It will have to be in 2 trips since 5 of us will be going in total." ::she says glancing at the apprentices with her::
20:42 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow at Lynorri:: "Are we under guard then?"
20:42 <~bynw> ::Master Rose:: "Not at all. Just 5 of us are going."
20:44 < Alderic> ::His gaze lingers for a moment, disbelief plan on his face that soon melts away to resignation:: "Well let's not keep the council waiting."
20:49 <~bynw> ::Master Rose takes Alderic and Alianna through the Portal first with here. Leaving them for a moment in a dimly lit antechamber. It has benches against its stone walls. A set of double doors directly across from the Portal and a table with a large amber colored crystal ball as its only decoration::
20:50  * Alianna gulps a little, having forgotten to use her anti-Portal-sickness stuff.
20:51 <~bynw> ::Master Rose returns shorlty with two apprentices in two. Maydla and James, who is almost ready for his knighthood.::
20:52 <~bynw> ::Master Rose enters the antechamber to the Council's meeting room. She wraps her hands around a large amber colored chrystal ball, slightly larger than a man's head. She closes her eyes and concentrates for a moment.::
20:52 <~bynw> "They are summond." ::Master Rose tells the others:: "Once they arrive, the doors will open and we may enter. It shouldn't take too long."
20:52  * Alianna nods but says nothing for now.
21:01 <~bynw> ::The doors to the Council's chambers open. Nine chairs are seated around a large oval table in the dimly lit room. Another set of double doors are on the opposite wall. Of those 9 chairs, only 4 of them are filled. ::
21:01  * Alianna raises one auburn eyebrow and looks around the room.
21:02 <~bynw> ::3 males and 1 female sit in 4 of the chairs. All dressed in Anadari robes, of the main House. The Grand Celestials, has they have long been called.::
21:04 <~bynw> ::the room is more brightly lit than the antechamber but not by much. it too has benches along the stone walls. but is otherwise empty.::
21:04 <~bynw> ::Master Rose points them out to her guests:: "We have Master Doim" ::she points to a man in his late 60s:: "We have Master Falensarano" ::she points to the lone woman, somewhere in her mid 50s:: "We have Master Halos" ::a man in his early 50s:: "And lastly we have Master Truden, the Master of the Order." ::a man in his mid 60s::
21:06 <~bynw> ::Master Truden rises as the group enters:: "I see you have brought outsiders ::he says with a bit of disgust in his tone, while looking directly at Alderic:: "to our chamber yet again Master Varga. Once we have a quorum you and they may speak."
21:06 <~bynw> ::he sits back down at his chair::
21:07  * Alianna 's expression reflects that she is affronted, but she bites her tongue.
21:07 <~bynw> "I must remind you again Master Truden" ::Mstr Rose remarks back at him with a bit of anger:: "That I succeeded Master Jebadiah de Arno as the head of The Rose nearly 5 years ago. My proper title is Master Rose now. Be sure to use it."  ::she takes a seat at the benches::
21:08 -!- Sarah is now known as Maydla
21:08 < Alderic> ::Watches the other master's reaction to Truden's rudeness::
21:10 <~bynw> ::the other masters seem to take no notice of the rudeness and resume their private conversations with one another::
21:10  * Alianna looks at Alderic, watching his behavior.
21:11 < Alderic> ::Gives Alianna a wicked smile::
21:12 <~bynw> ::The doors on the far side of the chamber open and another Anadari Master enters. A man in his low 30s, wearing the robes of Grand Celestials. He nods in the direction of the Council guests before taking one of the open seats at the table.::
21:13 <~bynw> "That is Master Senn." ::Master Rose  whispers to the others:: "He maybe sympathetic to use despite his House."
21:15 <~bynw> ::Master Rose:: "The Council will need to have 7 of the 9 in order to conduct any business"
21:16 < Alianna> "So we wait."
21:16 < Alderic> ::His eyes narrow, his voice a whisper:: "Sympathetic? To the truth? I see things have changed since my father's departure. Where is my grandfather? Why are the houses not represented? Where is the representative from the Knights of Bindar?"
21:18 <~bynw> ::Master Rose:: "The call goes out to all of the members of the Council. It is dominated by the Grand Celestials. Many of them still do not like how the Houses have come back into use. And several came out of hiding. Like my own."
21:21 <~bynw> ::The doors open again. This time they reveal a good looking women in her late 50s. She carries with her an almost regal bearing. The others at the table turn to look with some awe and wonder. She makes no acknoledgement of Master Rose or Alderic and the others. And takes her seat quietly. She does not wear the robes of the Grand Celestials::
21:21 <~bynw> "She is Master Richardson, of the Van Starra of Mariabronn. Not wise to cross a Deryni of such power that she holds. But she is more inclined to help us." ::Master Rose mutters::
21:24 <~bynw> ::As the doors open again. The first to enter is an Elf. Dressed in Anadari Robes of black with a blood red Knight chess-piece emblem on the collar. Just as the others reacted to Master Richardson. They react nearly the same for the Elf but with a hint of fear in their eyes as well.::
21:25 <~bynw> ::The Elf is followed closely by another. A man in his 50s who's clothing morphs before your very eyes. Changing from a silver colored robe tied with a rainbow sash to that of an Anadari robe, that doesn't look familiar at all.::
21:26 <~bynw> ::Master Rose:: "And now we have the necessary quorm. The Elf is Master Vor'en. Your Knight of Bindar. And the last is Master Soltaari" ::she says as the two masters take their seats::
21:28 <~bynw> ::Master Truden rises:: "Master Ellan is detained and cannot make this Council. We have been called by Master Va...Rose" ::he gesters in her direction:: "Why have you called this Council?"
21:31 <~bynw> ::Master Rose rises:: "Thank you masters. We have information concerning the Portal plague that has caused considerable damage to our ranks and to the world as a whole. I shall turn over this discussion to Alderic as he is the one who brought us this information."
21:37 < Alderic> ::Steps forward, he paces the chamber as he talks. Looking each Master in the eye as he walks oppisite the table from them:: "Masters thank you for your time and ear. My name is Alderic Gibran. I have come to pool our resources. I believe this portal plague was created puposefully, to sow discord in the realm. And I believe I know who holds the key to it."
21:37  * Alianna listens respectfully.
21:39 <~bynw> ::Master Truden:: "We are aware of your identity. What proof do you have of acqusation and who would be responsible for it?"
21:42 <~bynw> ::Master Doim:: "A very serious charge to state this horrible affliction was deliberate"
21:45 < Alderic> ::Focuses on Master Truden and stops his pacing for a moment:: "Listening is a skill not often perfected Master's. Though it is said that practice is the road to perfection." ::Smiles and begins pacing and talking again his attention moving to the next Master in line now ignoring Truden:: "The plague causes madness, it spreads through deryni and psions. I know another place that does this very thing.....the heart of Kirsh....
21:45 < Alderic> "
21:48 < Alderic> "You are all familiar with the name Chadwick. You are also aware that he is not a thing that will stop in his quest to exterminate mankind. Though he controls a Matrix, he has done ~nothing~ for decades."
21:50 < Alderic> "Whoever created this plague would need power and knowledge in great degree. Which Chadwick has access to. His origins are as a druid....from Kirsh...."
21:51 <~bynw> ::Master Richardson:: "That druid, although he is mad as a hatter. Is weak in many of the mental arts. He can do little with the Deever Matrix that he 'controls'. It probably controls him more than he, it."
21:51 < Alderic> ::Nods to Master Richardson::"I believe someone is behind Chadwick."
21:53 <~bynw> ::Master Soltaari:: "Masters, correct me if I am wrong here. But I do believe that our brother, Master Ellan takes a great interest in that Matrix and its activity."
21:53 < Alderic> "The same person who was responsible for many of the turmoil in the realm in the last hundred years. Including the hunt for the blood pool. This power behind Chadwick desired the power of the pool and has found a reserve in the Matrix."
21:54 <~bynw> ::the other masters nod in agreement of Master Soltaari's statement::
21:56 <~bynw> ::Master Vor'en:: "It is a shame you did not follow in the footsteps of your parents. You would have made a good Anadari."
21:57 < Alianna> "Alderic, what about the Mohadine?  Do you think this same entity was behind the Mohadine invasion?"
21:58 <~bynw> ::Master Senn:: "So we have Chadwick but his is the face of the enemy, but not the power behind the throne. Together these forces created this plague and other turmoil for the last 100 years? Are you saying they are behind the war with the Mohadine as well?"
21:58 < Alderic> ::Smiles to Master Vor'en, and focuses on him a moment:: "Thank you Master Vor'en." ::Bows at the neck to him::
22:00 < Alderic> ::Focuses again on the others and resumes pacing:: "I can only guess Masters. It would not surprise me. It would not surprise me that someone was whispering in Prince Janquay's ear. Though it is only a guess. But I do know this, Chadwick knows."
22:01 < Alderic> "And it is long past time that WE know."
22:05 < Alderic> "I must caution you though. Most of these ailments that the realm has endured have come from dark things in our past. I don't think it would be possible that they 'could' be connected unless the power behind Chadwick WAS someone from the realms past. Intimate knowledge would be needed, not something you read." ::Pauses to let that settle in on the Masters in the room::
22:06 <~bynw> ::Master Truden:: "Speculations. In the last 100 years. The Matrix of Deever, Quiette Castle, the Southlands and Mariabronn have all begun to hum again. It is a welcome sign of the rebirth of the power of all adepts. None of them have done anything ....
22:06 <~bynw> "... spectacular ... save for Mariabronn and the defeat of the Mohadine."
22:06  * Alianna suppresses a desire to glare balefully at Master Truden, sensing that now is a bad time to cop an attitude.
22:08 <~bynw> ::the master whisper among themselves for a bit::
22:09  * Alianna looks over at Alderic again, watching his reactions, and then looks to Master Rose.
22:12 <~bynw> :Master Truden gavels on the table:: "Enough of these fairy tales you have weaved. Where is the proof of such statements. Speculation. Wild tales. Just as your father used to weave when I was a young man. I will not have it here. Where is your proof?"
22:13 <~bynw> ::Master Rose looks a bit nervious looking back and forth as the masters and Alderic paces the room::
22:16 < Alderic> ::Slams his hands on the table arcane power heats his hands scorching the table, his eyes glow a baleful green hue and his voice booms supernaturally:: "You don't need proof before you move on everything!"
22:17 < Alderic> ::his voice returns to normal:: "You don't need a corpse before you decide someone is sick."
22:17  * Alianna looks alarmed.
22:18 < Alderic> "YOU have singlehandedly nearly WIPED OUT the anadari order sending good men and women to hopeless fights while you sit in your council and blindly talk."
22:18 <~bynw> ::the doors to the antechamber from which Master Rose and the others entered opens again. A figure wearing an orange robe with a hooded cloak of a great inquistor tied with a rainbow sash enters and he is followed closely behind by an Anadari Master of the House Horizon who in turn is followed by a Lich whos presence fills the room with fear::
22:18 -!- Maydla [~Sarah@D82662.974088.3EF132.C7565B] has quit [Ping timeout: 121 seconds]
22:18 < Alianna> ::under her breath:: "What the shit?!"
22:19 -!- Alderic is now known as Nym_Gibran
22:19 <~bynw> ::even the temprature of the room drops several noticeble degrees as the Undead creature enters behind the others::
22:19  * Alianna shivers.
22:19 < Nym_Gibran> "Leopold lives!"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member