19:16 <~da_GM> Alianna has given command of the Aenor
19:16 <~da_GM> to her 1st mate. And had decided to
19:16 <~da_GM> travel with Alderic Gibran on his grand
19:16 <~da_GM> adventure. Almost assuredly this
19:16 <~da_GM> journey will be made with magic rather
19:16 <~da_GM> than using the sea.
19:16 <~da_GM> .
19:16 <~da_GM> Dispite the need of the destination
19:16 <~da_GM> being an island only rumored to exist.
19:16 <~da_GM> .
19:16 <~da_GM> As the two begin their journey. Master
19:16 <~da_GM> Tylan, now Captain of the Aenor unfurls
19:16 <~da_GM> the sails of his ship to begin taking
19:16 <~da_GM> her back out to sea.
19:16 <~da_GM> ***************************************
19:16 <~da_GM> ***************************************
19:20 <~da_GM> *the sails of Aenor catch the slightest of winds and slowly moves away from the docks*
19:20 < Alderic> ::Watches the Aenor set sail:: "Now I just need to find a way to get to Polaris."
19:21  * Alianna raises an eyebrow.  "Okay, well, what would be a good first step in that process?"
19:22 < Alderic> "Finding an Anadari."
19:23 < Alderic> ::Turns to Alianna:: "Are you ready?"
19:23  * Alianna laughs and nods.  "Let's go."
19:24 < Alderic> ::Nods and begins walking:: "Let's find a place where we can get a moment alone."
19:26  * Alianna laughs again.  "You want peace and quiet on a day like today, with every drunken sailor for 500 miles having converged on this town?"
19:27 <~da_GM> *few places in Tolsin are quiet on this day of celebration. Everywhere people are rejoicing in the memory of the liberation from the Mohadine.*
19:27 < Alderic> ::Smiles in seriousness:: "Yes. Please, guide the way." ::gestures with his hand for Alianna to take the lead::
19:29  * Alianna leads Alderic to a side street where a small inn with a dancing duck on the sign stands open.  "I know the proprietor here.  We can get a private dining room even if we don't get something to eat."
19:31 < Alderic> ::Reaches into the sack at his hip and pulls out a flask and begins filling it with dirt:: "Just one moment please."
19:32  * Alianna regards Alderic curiously.
19:33 < Alderic> ::Gathers the dirt and, caps the flask and nods to Alianna:: "Please continue."
19:34  * Alianna leads Alderic into the inn and smiles to the older woman behind the counter near the taps.
19:34 < Alianna> "Could we get a private dining room, please, Mistress Talienna?"
19:35 <~da_GM> ::the older woman smiles sweetly back at Alianna and hands her a key:: "It's closed right now for most folks."
19:36  * Alianna slips the older woman a coin.  "Thank you so much for making an exception," she says quietly.
19:38 < Alderic> ::Nods to the woman and smiles::
19:40  * Alianna takes the key and leads Alderic up a short flight of steps to a landing where the private dining room is, unlocks the door, and lets them in, locking the door behind herself.
19:40 < Alianna> "Quiet enough for you?"
19:41 < Alderic> ::looks about a bit:: "This should do. Just give me a moment."
19:42  * Alianna nods.
19:43 < Alderic> ::Uncorks the flask and carefully begins carefully drawing a circle within a circle hedged with arcane symbols on the floor, talking while he works:: "Have you ever travelled like this before?"
19:44 < Alianna> "I've traveled via Portal, and I've teleported using a device, but this exact way, no."
19:46 < Alderic> ::Finishes the circle, stows the flask back into his pouch and produces a smaller flask from the pouch, filled with salt::
19:49  * Alianna sets a few more coins on the table to pay the proprietor for the use of the room.
19:52 < Alderic> "Distance is actually an illusion. Sentient thought gives it structure. So for a moment We're going to twist space so that two locations touch for just a moment. We will stay at our destination while space snaps back into place. In essence we are not moving, space is moving around us." ::pours just a small amount of the salt in the center::
19:53 < Alderic> "The earth grounds this end of space, the salt is mined near our destination and will ground this space to our destination."
19:55 < Alderic> ::Stows the vial in his pouch, then steps in the center of the circle:: "Are you ready?" ::extends his hand for Alianna to take and motions her to step in the circle with his other::
19:57  * Alianna raises both eyebrows.  "As ready as I'll ever be."  She takes his hand and steps into the circle.
20:05 < Alderic> ::Everything goes black for a split second, extreme vertigo for a moment that's duration is hard to define, like a dream. And then...bamf a great library surrounds the two::
20:05  * Alianna grips her stomach and swallows hard, trying not to be sick from the teleportation.
20:06 < Alianna> !df 4
20:06 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(-)(-)
20:06  * Alianna starts looking for a window so as not to be sick on the carpets of the library.
20:07 < Alderic> ::Pulls a large jar from his bag and hands it to Alianna::
20:07 < Alderic> ::Looks concerned::
20:08  * Alianna grabs the jar rather more abruptly than is her usual wont to move and promptly retches into it.
20:09 < Alderic> "I'm sorry, I'm rather used to it. Some people find the experience...unsettling."
20:10  * Alianna smiles weakly.  "My stomach finds teleportation unsettling."
20:11 <~da_GM> ::several patrons in the library look over at the new comers with some concern. a man wearing a scholars robe comes towards the 2. he stops when he gets a few yards from them and bows at the neck* "Your Highness"
20:12 <~da_GM> "Your companion looks ill. Is she alright?" *the man asks*
20:13 < Alderic> ::Smiles to the man:: "Can you find Master Soltaari and let him know we are here to see him, please?"
20:13 < Alderic> "Teleportation sickness."
20:14 < Alderic> ::Takes Alianna by the shoulders and gently leads her through the library:: "Let's find you something to wash that taste out of your mouth."
20:14 <~da_GM> *the man bows again* "I shall inquire if he is in residence." *he nods in understanding* "Your Highness" *he then departs the two*
20:14 < Alianna> "That would be excellent.  Thank you."
20:17 <~da_GM> *the Library itself is gargantuan. One appears to be on it's 2nd level of at least 5 overlooking a central open courtyard complete with trees, grass and a flowing stream. Each level is nearly 30 feet high if not more and covers a vast space.
20:18 < Alianna> "Holy gods.  I didn't know there were this many books in existence."
20:18 <~da_GM> *even the stream if followed flows into a pool in the central courtyard from a waterfall on the far east side.*
20:18 <~da_GM> *shelves upon shelves and tables are everywhere. books. scrolls, even stone tablets line most of them.*
20:19 < Alderic> ::Walks a short way through the beautiful shelves takes them to a small stand with refreshments::
20:20 <~da_GM> *not counting the statues and other works of art that line walls and walkways and sitting areas everywhere*
20:21  * Alianna , still carrying the jar, takes up a glass of watered wine, swishes it in her mouth quite thoroughly, and spits it into the jar.
20:23 < Alderic> ::Looks at the jar in disgust:: "You can keep that." ::chuckles a bit, his smile shows just a hint of elongated canines, nearly fangs::
20:24  * Alianna laughs.  "No thank you.  I'm holding onto it only until I can find a suitable means of disposal."
20:29 < Alderic> "This is the library in Torr. Have you ever been?"
20:30  * Alianna shakes her head in the negative.  "Sure haven't.  They must have a copy of every book ever made."
20:31 < Alderic> ::Smiles:: "It's a wonder. As a child I would sit in here and read when I visited my family. It is one of my favorite places in all of Adan."
20:32 < Alianna> "What are we doing here?"
20:34 < Alderic> "Meeting with an Anadari Master and a member of the council in Polaris."
20:34  * Alianna nods.
20:34 < Alianna> "Is there a middens somewhere where I can get rid of this jar?"
20:38 <~da_GM> *the Library is fairly quiet. Although there are patrons on every level. Taking down books and scrolls. Copying them and putting them back.*
20:38 < Alderic> "There should be a privy around that corner." ::points::
20:46  * Alianna goes into the privy and disposes of the vomit, then washes out the jar and washes her hands.
20:50 < Alderic> ::Keeps looking around for Soltaari::
20:53  * Alianna carries the now-clean jar back to where Alderic is standing looking around.
20:54 < Alderic> ::Looks at the jar:: "I hope your not looking to give that back to me?"
20:55 < Alianna> "Of course not, but I didn't think I should just leave it in the privy."
20:56 <~da_GM> *the robed man comes up to Alderic and bows at the neck again to him* "Your Higness. I have made your inquires and it seems that the master is not in residence currently." *he bows again*
20:58 < Alderic> ::Sighs:: "Does anyone know where he is?"
21:00 <~da_GM> "His lordship keeps his own hours and counsel. He comes and goes as it pleases him to do so. I have left word that you are here and wish to speak with him."
21:02 < Alianna> "So now what?"
21:03 <~da_GM> *the man looks over his shoulder* "If you would excuse me Your Highness. I have duties and patrons that need attending."
21:04 < Alderic> ::Nods to the man:: "Of course."
21:06 <~da_GM> *the man bows again at Alderic and stops in mid step as he leaves. turning his attentions to Alianna* "Take this with some wine before you use magic again. It may ease your discomfort with teleporting." *he says handing her a paper packet*
21:09 < Alderic> "Well evidently the Anadari have cut themselves off from the world at large."
21:10 <~da_GM> *the robed man leaves the two by themselves again as the library seems to get a bit busier*
21:10  * Alianna smiles and thanks the man as she takes the paper packet.
21:10 < Alderic> "Great idea when your numbers are dying in droves and in need of help."
21:10  * Alianna lets that remark pass.
21:12 <~da_GM> *a few patrons mingle around the refreshment area. engaging in small talk with one another*
21:14 < Alderic> ::Takes a seat to think::
21:17  * Alianna sits down nearby.
21:24 <~da_GM> *an elven man sits down at the same table as Alderic spreading out a few scrolls before him*
21:25 < Alderic> ::Looks to the man::
21:26 <~da_GM> *he looks up at Alderic and then back down has his scrolls*
21:29 < Alderic> ::Looks at one of the scrolls, sceptical::
21:33 <~da_GM> *he lifts up several sheets he has stacked on top of one another. and scribles some notes down with a quill*
21:34 <~da_GM> *periodically referring back to the top sheet and a few others beneth it and some in another stack*
21:34 < Alderic> !df 4
21:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )(+)
21:38 <~da_GM> *the elf seems to be absorbed in his findings. sipping wine every so often as he flips through pages of scrolls making notes on another
21:39 < Alderic> "Excuse me, What are you reading there?"
21:41 <~da_GM> *he looks up at Alderic* "Ancient magical theories of my homeland."
21:43 < Alderic> "It looks like information on teleportation."
21:44 <~da_GM> *he looks down at the scrolls and back up at Alderic* "You are skilled in magical arts."
21:46 < Alderic> ::He shrugs:: "I'm interested in the portal plague."
21:54 <~da_GM> *elf* "Who really isnt ..."
21:55  * Alianna listens to the conversation with some interest, still wondering how she may be of help in this endeavor.
21:58 <~da_GM> *he goes back to his work*
22:01 <~da_GM> *a bit of a smile coming to his lips as he again scribles some notes while going through the stacks of papers before him*
22:01 < Alderic> "Right."
22:05 < Alderic> ::Stands up and mutters a few words under his breath, his hands trace arcane symbols in the air::
22:10 < Alderic> ::his eyes glow for a moment, then fade back to their normal slits. He starts walking::
22:11  * Alianna looks alarmed and stands, wondering where Alderic is going.
22:13 < Alderic> ::Walks for a bit until he stops and stands infront of a large wall full of books::
22:14 < Alderic> ::He opens an empty cabinet and runs his hand around inside searching for a moment::
22:14 <~da_GM> *the elf back at the table continues to write down notes*
22:15 < Alderic> ::Looks at the elf, then back at the scroll cabinet. A bit frustrated, he walks back to the elf:: "Hello again."
22:16 <~da_GM> *he looks up at Alderic and grunts an acknowledgement and goes back to writing*
22:18 < Alderic> "I was looking for a scroll, something to do with ways to Polaris. Would one of those scrolls be such a scroll?"
22:20 <~da_GM> *he puts down his quill*
22:21 <~da_GM> "I'm done with these scrolls. You may have them." *he says rolling up the scroll he was coping notes into*
22:22 < Alderic> ::Curious, he takes the scrolls:: "You said you where studying magical theory on your homeland. You live in Polaris then?"
22:23  * Alianna returns to her seat, quietly.
22:24 <~da_GM> *he laughs* "No. I'm from London in the Crystal Isles."
22:26 < Alderic> "I'm curious. How do these scrolls relate to ancient magical theory on your homeland?"
22:29 <~da_GM> *he shrugs* "Read them for yourself. Most of it is in Tevic but there are very good notes in Cana as well. The translation was an acurate one. And my people inovated a lot of useful magic that the rest of the Quartte and now the Empire uses all the time."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member