20:01 <~bynw> | himself. Elden has refused the Anadari stating
20:01 <~bynw> | it isn't necessary because he has already done
20:01 <~bynw> | so ahead of time.
20:01 <~bynw> |
20:01 <~bynw> | Outside on the rooftop of Waldsworth Palace in
20:01 <~bynw> | Torr, Elden causes his bracer to emit a faint
20:01 <~bynw> | glow of light as he looks into the sky. An
20:01 <~bynw> | apparent ritual of unknown meaning and nonsense
20:01 <~bynw> | that does not prove anything at all.
20:01 <~bynw> | But most surpising of all was the visit by the
20:01 <~bynw> | Abbott of the Aman Order. Known throughout all
20:01 <~bynw> | Christiandom for mistrusting those who use
20:01 <~bynw> | Arcane power of any form without the training
20:01 <~bynw> | of their Order. And they hold a special hatred
20:01 <~bynw> | for the Anadari. For they were once an Anadari
20:01 <~bynw> | House themselves before converting to the
20:01 <~bynw> | Christian Faith. An Anadari House that was
20:01 <~bynw> | founded by Leopold's brother Theodric who had
20:01 <~bynw> | turned from darkness to the Light.
20:01 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:03 <~bynw> :: with a bit of a cocky smiles Elden walks back to the open doors and into the meeting chamber ::
20:03  * Alianna frowns in Elden's direction, looking to see Alderic's reaction.
20:04 <~bynw> :: D'nar still looks puzzled and follows Elden back into the chamber ::
20:06 < Alderic> ::Lowers his voice and steps in close to Alianna:: "Am I the only one who thinks Elden is a bit... dodgey?"
20:07  * Alianna whispers back, "No, you're not. I'm not inclined to take him at his word, to say the least."
20:09 <~bynw> :: Temere begins to usher everyone back into the chamber ::
20:10 <~bynw> "There can be eyes out here you know. In there we are safe from easedropping of most kinds"
20:13 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* ::Looks to the others and stays put in the warded chamber, he raises his voice to be heard by Elden:: "Unless you've something more to add Master Elden I'll be taking my leave, with my medallion."
20:15 <~bynw> :: once everyone is back inside the warded chamber and the doors closed to complete the circle once more Elden speaks :: "I have much to add Master Gibran."
20:16 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* "Your wasting our time Master Elden."
20:16 <~bynw> "Look around this table, there is an over lapping pattern at work here. No doubt put in by Temere himself." ::Elden exclaims:: "I will show it to you and it is all relivant to our cause"
20:17 <~bynw> ::Elden gestures as he talks:: "We have Maylda, yourself Master Gibran, and Temere. You are all Anadari."
20:17 <~bynw> "We have again yourself, Temere, and Alderic. All family."
20:18 <~bynw> "We have Temere, Alderic, and D'nar."
20:18 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* ::slams his hand on the table, his mood instantly changed. A predatory look in his eyes now:: "No wards. No deal. Period!"
20:18 <~bynw> ::Elden continues:: "Only one thing in common there. Dragon blood"
20:19 <~bynw> "Then there is D'nar and Ibly. For without D'nar, Ibly would have never found the peace he has with his blood."
20:19 <~bynw> "And then we come to Ibly and myself. Why am I with him?"
20:20 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Ibly is not human. Outward appreances aside. He is something quite different, alien even. As am I."
20:21 <~bynw> "Then myself and Alliana, must be the airship connection. And last the 2 ladies."
20:22 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I already have a warding and behavioral conditions in place Master Gibran." :: he pulls out a daggar from his belt and slices it behind his head at the base of his skull with a grimice::
20:23 < Alderic> ::Alderic looks at Elden wide eyed:: "ARE YOU INSANE!"
20:23 <~bynw> ::He pulls and rips the scalp from the back of his head forward dropping it to the table::
20:24 <~bynw> ::no blood on the scalp and no blood dripping from his head. In fact it is bald save for a net of silver encircling it like a spider web::
20:25 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* ::his hand drops to rest on the dagger at his belt. He steps back.::
20:26 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I only had a week. Not enough time to decently regrow my hair after shaving it all off to get this in place." :: he points to the net::
20:27 < Alderic> ::Gazes at Elden in terror::
20:28 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "This net on my head serves 3 functions. The first is it amplifies my psychic abilities, an edge that will come in handy against an Anadari Master like Leopold."
20:31 <~bynw> "It also acts as a buffer between my mind and that of a Matrix. So I don't go mad by having multiple Matricies attempting to enter my mind and provide me with constant information. Something that any Matrix holder knows well enough. That link is always there and always telling you something."
20:33 <~bynw> "It can also incapacite me if my thoughts or actions are not my own or turn against the stated goals of defeating Leopold and returning the Matrix power back to its rightful heirs."
20:35 < Alderic> "And we're just supposed to take your word for this?"
20:36 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I don't want this duty. I am sane. But for the sake of my people and everyone else. It has to be done."
20:38 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "My word is binding. My people pride themselves on it."
20:39 <~bynw> "Magic is a great tool." ::he says pulling a large about 5' long cloth object out of thin air and lying it on the table::
20:39 < Alderic> ::turns to the assembled there:: "Okay. Captain crazy and his tin hat say they have everything under control. I'm saying we send my father." ::points to Nym:: "You can ask Leopold to make his choice then challenge him if he makes it as we all suspect he will."
20:40 <~bynw> ::he carefully unwraps the contents showing an old iron javelin::
20:41 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* ::draws the dagger and begins slowly moving to Elden's flank. His eyes locked on him::
20:41 <~bynw> ::the 2 Bor'dah at the door suddenly start moving towards the table and D'nar as a look of horror and crosses himself::
20:43 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "This is the weapon that will kill Leopold. It will consume his spirit as well. It is something of very dark magic. I would advise against touching it. And D'nar I would tell your Bor'dah to return to the door or I will stop them."
20:44 <~bynw> ::D'nar:: "You bring such an evil artifact here? Such an abomination should be destroyed." ::he holds up his hand as the Bor'dah continue to advance and then stop::
20:45 <~bynw> ::D'nar:: "Such a thing should remain buried for all time. Perhaps we should reconsider rehabilitating Leopold."
20:45 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* ::the dagger suddenly grows to a full length sword. Single edged, slightly curved, and glowing a faint dark green:: "Choose your next actions very carefully Elden." ::he says in a growl::
20:46 -!- Maydla [Mibbit@OWIRCN-5237b132.ga.charter.com] has joined #teara-adan
20:48 < Alderic> ::pulls his dragon themed Naginata from the satchel at his side and backs up, he too staring at Elden::
20:51  * Alianna looks over at Maydla, her face mirroring total confusion.  In mind-speech, she says to Maydla, @@Do you have any idea what in hell is happening here?@@
20:54  * Maydla says to Alianna via mind speech @@ Not a clue, am lost. Help meh.@@
20:55 <~bynw> ::Elden places his hands flat down on the table infront of him, making no hostile movement:: "Nym. You took the shield belt from Hemmelhold on one of your earliest visits. You know it is not magical or psychic, yet is still does what it does."
20:57 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I have another item hidden in a pocket of astral space. The same place that the javelin was stored. May I get it?"
20:58 -!- Alianna [~IceChat9@DesertRose.Editor.Writer.Creator] has quit [RecvQ exceeded]
20:59 -!- Alianna [~IceChat9@OWIRCN-43baa46d.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net] has joined #teara-adan
21:00 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* "Do you have any notion of what you look like, what you sound like right now?"
21:02 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "That I have completely lost my mind and that I am quite crazy. Streets of the larger cities have people, like I must look like on it."
21:19 < Alderic> "That's an understatement."
21:20  * Alianna snorts with laughter.
21:27 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* "Alderic is correct. I can put the choice to Leopold before the challenge is made. I've no problems with dispatching him if he chooses to continue down this path. So you had better start making sense very, very fast Elden and you had better not expect me to just hand you control of my Matrix on your word. That is NOT the deal you agreed to."
21:29 < Alderic> "Yeah the crazy man tin hat and despotic overtures aren't helping either Captain crazy."
21:37 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "My people have knowledge that would change the world or destroy it. Leopold cannot have it."
21:38 < Alderic> "Then maybe your not the one to do this."
21:38 < Alianna> "There are a lot of things we don't want Leopold to have."
21:40 <~bynw> "How do you counter his ability to exit his body? How do you counter his psychic abilites and other powers he might have aquired from the Liches? How do you stop him from just leaving if things aren't going his way?"
21:42 <~bynw> ::Elden asks:: "With your help, I can challenge him. And at the right moment strip him of his powers while keeping mine intact. And then kill him with the javelin here to prevent his spirit from escaping."
21:43 < Alianna> "What will that javelin do?"
21:44 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "It will steal, bind, and eventually drain his spirit to recharge itself."
21:44  * Alianna raises her eyebrows, impressed despite herself.
21:48 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* "your plan is to cheat at the duel arcane?"
21:49 < Alianna> "I'm just a pirate with a little bit of Deryni training, but who gives a DAMN if he cheats at the Duel Arcane?  Leopold would obliterate us all and laugh whilst doing it.  Who cares how he gets ended as long as he is gone for good?"
21:50 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Do you think Leopold wont? His is a Valimarian of old. He will use anything at his disposal. Rules be damned."
21:56 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* "if we make the choice to act as Leopold does what are we saving? I thought we all agreed that the way of life Leopold would institute is not desirable to any of us, what do we gain if we choose to emulate his way of doing things?"
21:57 < Alderic> ::steps forward:: "Philosophy aside..."
21:58 < Alderic> "If we cheat the Valmarian's will make a martyr of him and will never lay down there arms and take up peace. Worse, there ranks will swell."
22:02 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "And if you don't 'cheat'. Leopold certainly will do so and the odds will be in his favor. But if that is what you wish. Then I will abide by it." ::Elden says::
22:06 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* ::continues to level his sword infront of him, watching Elden:: "That is not all. The bargain was you will submit to wards place on you by all of us. If you hesitate to have this done it only enforces the need."
22:06  * Alianna looks over at Alderic, realizing Nym has a point there.
22:16 <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "Actually no such bargin was made. It was stated that the champion would be subject to compulsion to prevent his turning against us. But there was no mention of by whom."
22:19 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* ::to Ibly, his eyes never leaving Elden:: "Your point?"
22:20 <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "He says his tin web hat can ensure his cooporation. Proof is all I would require."
22:23 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran* "And why should we trust in his hat even with something that approaches proof, but could be faked. Why forgo a measure that will not hurt Elden or his chances and gives all piece of mind? Simply because of ego?"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member