19:09 <~bynw> | Nym has also suggested that he go as the
19:09 <~bynw> | Champion to confront Leopold. His rational
19:09 <~bynw> | for this decision is based on Elden not
19:09 <~bynw> | submitting to the mind block and that Elden
19:09 <~bynw> | plans on cheating in the Duel Arcane in order
19:09 <~bynw> | to assure victory.
19:09 <~bynw> |
19:09 <~bynw> | Elden has remained calm and collected. His
19:09 <~bynw> | hands resting on the table in front of him.
19:09 <~bynw> | Not moving or even reacting suddenly to any
19:09 <~bynw> | actions of the council.
19:09 <~bynw> |
19:09 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
19:11 <~bynw> ::Temere stands and pounds the pommel of his great sword on the table:: "Enough Nym. Elden is no threat to any of us. The Bor'dah have cleared everyone here. Put away your weapon."
19:13 <~bynw> ::Temere still standing:: "It seems that we are once again not fully united in who should challenge Leopold ... "
19:18  * Alianna looks around the room.
19:21 < Alderic> *Nym* ::His sword shrinks again to the size and shape of a dagger and in the same motion he smoothly sheaths it at his belt. He turns to Temere:: "There are many kinds of threats the Bor'dah would not see."
19:23 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "That is very true. But the Bor'dah have ensured that I am not an agent of Leopold." ::he folds the cloth wrapping back over the black iron javelin and causes it to vanish again::
19:24 < Alderic> *Nym* "At no time did I think you where. I am not convinced you are not a threat, even, no especially if you do not see it."
19:24  * Alianna frowns in Nym's direction, wondering what he means.
19:27 <~bynw> ::Temere:: "The more we argue and bicker, the more Leopold will win the day." ::he sits back down:: "Nym, Leopold will not fight by any rules other than his own. He will make demands of the Duel Aracane to limit his challenger. But not abide by them himself."
19:30 < Alianna> "So if he's not going to abide by rules, why in the seven hells should we?"
19:32 <~bynw> ::D'nar:: "Because that makes us no better than him."
19:33 < Alderic> *Nym* ::looks incredulously at Temere:: "You are seriously unreserved by this man's sudden....outburst." ::Gestures at Elden:: "That he will not abide any controls other than his. That he has no honor, nor code." ::Shoots Temere a biting look:: "That he will break every vow you ever swore to uphold?"
19:33 < Alianna> "So we should let him win by breaking the rules to keep the moral high ground?"
19:34 < Alderic> *Nym* ::Looks to D'nar:: "And how the HELL is it that HE" ::points to D'nar:: "Is the only one here that is AGREEING with ME of all people!"
19:35 < Alderic> ::Alderic speak up, his voice a booming bass:: "Father! Enough."
19:37 < Alderic> ::Looks about, holding each persons eyes:: "What are we doing this for if not to uphold our philosophy? What do we stand for? That is the question. Elden, what do you stand for?"
19:37 <~bynw> ::Temere:: "I trust Elden with my life. And by extention the lives of everyone I am responsible for ... and I would break ever vow I have taken to stop my master's master."
19:39 < Alderic> ::Looks to Temere:: "Why do you trust him? He is not any of the men that came before him. He is not any of the men you knew grandfather. You have just met this man. Trust me, I know this." ::eyes Elden::
19:39 < Alianna> "I stand for not allowing Leopold to take over the world."
19:39 < Alderic> ::Looks to Alianna:: "Why?"
19:40 < Alderic> "What is it you do not like about Leopold's leadership? He is good to his people you know."
19:40 < Alderic> "It is why they are loyal to him."
19:41 < Alderic> "I for one simply do not believe Might makes Right."
19:41 < Alianna> "Because to anybody who DOESN'T go along with him, he's brutal."
19:41 < Alderic> "So go along with him."
19:41 < Alianna> "I don't want to, and I don't think anyone should have to."
19:42 <~bynw> ::D'nar:: "Leopold will not stop at the world. He will go on to defeat other worlds besides this one across all the planes of existance."
19:43 < Alianna> "And anyone who can't defeat him and won't go along with him is just collateral damage to him."
19:44 < Alianna> "I'm just a pirate, so maybe I'm a bit amoral, but I say defeat him so that people can live their lives more or less as they see fit."
19:44 < Alderic> ::Points to Alianna:: "And so because Leopold will not go along with us we will destroy him and crush his nation using his tactics."
19:44 < Alderic> "Freedom. Your talking about freedom."
19:44 < Alderic> *Nym* "No choice. The right to choose."
19:45 < Alianna> "No, I never said anything about his nation.  Just him."
19:46 < Alianna> "And not because he won't go along with us; this is a kill-or-be-killed situation."
19:46 < Alderic> *Nym* "If his nation carries on in his vein they will need to be stopped as he does."
19:46 < Alianna> "They won't be as difficult to stop if we can cut him down."
19:46 < Alianna> "Leaderless nations tend to take a while to regroup."
19:47 < Alderic> ::Alderic Nods:: "Yes, they will mearly be collateral damage to his death. At the very least we will force them to go along with us and take the freedom to go on as they choose from them."
[19:49] * Alianna turns on Alderic.  "Do YOU want to bow to Leopold now and until the end of your days?  Do you want to live in the World According to Leopold?"
[19:53] <Alderic> ::Smiles disarmingly:: "Of course not. I oppose him. My point is my ideals conflict with his and that is why I stand against him." ::raises an eyebrow and shrugs:: "To be honest I do this for me and my reasons and care little for what happens to the world at large. Tyrants come and go. The world will go on."
[19:55] <Alianna> "So what are YOUR reasons, then?"
[19:55] <Alderic> "But if I don't stand for my ideals why stand at all? I could go on in my own way in a world lead by Leopold or not. To me personally it matters little in that way. For that matter Alianna so could you. Your already a criminal in Leopolds world or in ours."
[19:57] <Alianna> "That didn't answer my question.  What are your reasons for wanting Leopold defeated?"
[19:57] <Alderic> "My reasons are that I believe Valimar could be something great, under the right leadership. And I believe I may have found a reason I left home to find."
[19:58] * Alianna quirks an eyebrow at Alderic.  "I'm not sure I follow."
[19:59] <Alderic> ::Looks about the room defiantly:: "I think Valimar, minus Leopold and his ilk is something Adan needs and could benefit from. The nation will need leadership if Leopold is gone." ::raises an eyebrow with a smirk::
[19:59] <Alianna> "Are you meaning that YOU should lead Valimar?"
[20:00] <Alderic> ::Simply folds his arms over his chest and looks defiantly about the room::
[20:01] <Alderic> *Nym* ::Looks at his son as if he has lost his mind::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member