Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> |------------------------------------------------
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> |          Session 49 - Imperial Dreams
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> |
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | Half of The 8 have spoken already. Nominating
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | Elden Schear as the Champion to face off
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | against Leopold. Elden is willing to risk the
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | confrontation. Even though there is always a
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | chance of Leopold being the victor.
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | Elden claims that he is a fully trained Adept,
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | a magic-user, and that he will submit to
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | controls being placed to circumvent his free
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | will. To prevent him from losing his mind or
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | turning against The 8 once he has the power of
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | multiple Matrices.
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | And most importantly and chilling Elden claims
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | to be capable of comitting cold blooded murder
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | and to be able to prevent Leopold's spirit from
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | going anywhere after death.
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | The voting thus far has resulted in Elden,
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | D'nar, Nym, and Temere choosing Elden as the
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | champion to face Leopold. Yet to voice their
Mar 18 19:47:24 <bynw> | opinion is Ibly, Alderic, Maylda, and Alianna.
Mar 18 19:49:09 * Alianna felt out of her depth by quite some measure, waiting for Alderic to say or do something.
Mar 18 19:49:34 <bynw> ::all eyes are still on Alderic has he has taken command of the meeting with his idea and asking the members who they would choose::
Mar 18 19:54:54 <Alderic> ::Looks about the room at the assembled:: "If Elden is the only one willing AND able to do this deed then I suppose he is the one to do it. But I will caution you..." ::his gaze lingers on Nym, Soltaari, and D'nar, his eyes tighten a bit:: "Regardless of whomever steps into that circle with Leopold, we are all equally responsible for his death...."
Mar 18 19:55:29 * Alianna nodded.
Mar 18 19:56:01 <Alianna> "Yes, if Lord Elden is willing and able, then he should be the one.  And my ship is at his disposal, should it be needed for the task."
Mar 18 19:56:35 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "Wisely stated. It would be a stain on all of us. But not doing anything to stop Leopold on the other hand is a far greater evil."
Mar 18 19:56:40 <Alderic> "However you choose to come to terms with your morality is your own affair, but do not delude yourselves. We are all just as 'guilty', if you choose to look at it that way, as anyone else here. If you look to Elden and see a murderer, then you are a murderer as well."
Mar 18 19:57:39 <Alderic> "And if you look to Elden and see a hero, then you can see that in yourself as well." ::gives a half-smile and a nod to Elden::
Mar 18 19:58:24 * Alianna said nonchalantly, "I've done some killing in my time, and to people who deserved it less than Leopold deserves the fate we would like to see him meet."
Mar 18 19:58:37 <bynw> ::Elden:: "I guess there aren't any votes against me taking on this burden. I therefore accept it. I will lure Leopold to his eternal death."
Mar 18 19:58:39 <Alianna> "Furthermore, we
Mar 18 19:58:53 <Alderic> "I vote against you."
Mar 18 19:59:09 <Alianna> "We're not just ending Leopold to end him; we're trying to save the world, near as I can tell."
Mar 18 19:59:27 <Alderic> "Though I will support you Elden in full if I am out voted."
Mar 18 19:59:46 * Alianna turned on Alderic.  "Whom would you have do this, then?"
Mar 18 19:59:53 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Who do you wish to be the champion then Alderic?"
Mar 18 20:00:48 <Alderic> ::Again he looks to the other men:: "I mearly think there are others, better suited, who SHOULD be willing to do the deed in full without hesitating."
Mar 18 20:01:32 <Alderic> "And I wish to make that known with my vote." ::sneers at Nym:: "For the record."
Mar 18 20:02:47 <Alderic> *Nym* ::raises an eyebrow at Alderic, but remains stonefaced and unflinching in returning his gaze::
Mar 18 20:03:32 * Alianna looks askance at Alderic, wondering why there appears to be bad blood between father and son.
Mar 18 20:04:26 <bynw> ::Ibly:: "I guess we must continue to voice are votes. Although the task before us is of the most importance. For the sake of all peoples. Elden is correct. I can am capable of killing a man to the point of preventing his spirit from passing on. But even my race considers it to be a sin. I support Elden in his duty."
Mar 18 20:09:08 <bynw> ::Elden:: "I guess now it is settled. 5 have voted in favor. 1 has voted against. No mater what the other 2 vote the outcome is unchangeable at this point."
Mar 18 20:09:28 <Alderic> ::Nods::
Mar 18 20:10:19 <bynw> ::Elden:: "There is the matter of Chadwick. Do you still wish to go on with your plans Master Gibran?"
Mar 18 20:11:54 <Alderic> "Absolutely."
Mar 18 20:12:37 <bynw> ::Elden:: "His revived body and mind lie in suspended animation in Hemmelhold. I'm sure Iamar can get you there still. Tricons are very good at navigating."
Mar 18 20:13:20 <Alderic> *Nym* ::smiles:: "I'm sure she can."
Mar 18 20:17:14 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "We should discuss other matters since we are all hear. I am sure you are all aware of increased attacks by Mohadine ships in the Americ Ocean. And they are getting closer to the shores in every attack. It seems that they are no longer honoring the Treaty Mariabronn imposed upon them."
Mar 18 20:18:04 * Alianna raises her red eyebrows.  "After what they did to the Aenor and her crew, I'd like to send them all straight to hell," she snaps.
Mar 18 20:18:15 <bynw> ::D
Mar 18 20:18:19 <bynw> ::D
Mar 18 20:19:07 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "We are sending an envoy to inquire about the treaty. We will know soon enough if they intend to honor it or not."
Mar 18 20:22:55 <bynw> ::Elden sits back as the conversation drifts to topics not concerning him directly. He pulls out of the small wrapped cloth given to him by Temere when he entered the chamber. Carefully unwrapping it::
Mar 18 20:23:03 <Alderic> "If only we could convince Leopold to spend his energy on them instead of trying to raise old banners and feuds long dead."
Mar 18 20:23:47 * Alianna laughs bitterly.  "I wish you all the luck in the world on THAT."
Mar 18 20:26:00 <bynw> ::under the folded cloth wraps Elden pulls out a golden medallion about the diameter of a baseball on a golden chain. With smile and slight nod to Temere, Elden slips the chain over his head and around his neck and closes his eyes to the world around him::
Mar 18 20:26:27 <Alderic> "I wonder whatever happened to the men and women that departed to the Mohadine homeland. It might be worth making contact with some of them."
Mar 18 20:26:54 <Alderic> ::Looks to Elden:: "What is that?"
Mar 18 20:27:35 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "That scheme failed long ago. The spies were rooted out and stoned for heresy by the Mohadine"
Mar 18 20:28:17 <bynw> ::Elden doesn't answer, his eyes can be seen moving under his closed eyelids::
Mar 18 20:28:43 <Alderic> ::Looks to Temere::
Mar 18 20:29:51 <bynw> ::Temere:: "The control medallion to a Matrix so his people can be kept safe from Leopold."
Mar 18 20:30:45 <Alderic> "Ah. The one you went to secure?"
Mar 18 20:30:55 <bynw> ::Elden clutches his fists::
Mar 18 20:31:00 * Alianna looks a bit confused but keeps her trap shut.
Mar 18 20:31:46 <bynw> ::Temere:: "Yes the one in Brennasharr. Close to Hemmelhold's land anchor point."
Mar 18 20:34:11 <bynw> ::Elden releases his fists and holds his hands up to his face, his eyes still closed. Flexing his fingers. He takes a couple deep centering breaths::
Mar 18 20:39:31 <bynw> ::Elden opens his eyes and looks about the room:: "Leopold has 2 of these. Individually he could take us on. One at a time. But the cost would be heavy. The energy released would be devastating to everything around the conflict. I don't think he really knows what he's dealing with though ... "
Mar 18 20:40:50 * Alianna continues to listen quietly.
Mar 18 20:41:22 <Alderic> "Which two, do you know?"
Mar 18 20:42:56 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Yes. Kirsh and Deever. Just as we suspected. The power I possess with one of these is staggering to the mind. I can do almost anything and have the power to back it up. The ancients who built them must have ruled as walking gods."
Mar 18 20:47:30 <bynw> ::Temere:: "I must tell you all this now. We are not in Torr. We are at a securely warded location in the Astral. Far to vast for even Leopold to search for us. But this also allows us to open the chamber doors to anywhere we choose."
Mar 18 20:48:20 <bynw> "And thanks to D'nar, " ::Temere continues:: "The doors are guarded by the Bor'dah to prevent anyone who maybe compromised by Leopold from entering."
Mar 18 20:48:52 <Alderic> "Would it be worth the effort to try to deactivate one of the Matrix that Leopold controls?"
Mar 18 20:49:06 * Alianna looks interested at that prospect.
Mar 18 20:51:46 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "That has only been accomplished once in all of known history. And how he was able to simply waltz in and do so remains a mystery."
Mar 18 20:53:09 <Alderic> "And what of destroying the one at Kirsh? Possible?"
Mar 18 20:53:25 <bynw> ::Temere whispers over to Nym:: "It seems someone is looking for you at your estate in Adan. We can have the door to this chamber appear there and admit him. Our identities would be hidden."
Mar 18 20:54:37 <bynw> ::Elden:: "That's been tried already and it survived the fabled "fire from heaven" attack. I don't think you can destroy them very easily."
Mar 18 20:54:57 <Alderic> *Nym* "If we are done here I do not see the harm. You are all welcome to stay in guest quarters if you like."
Mar 18 20:55:57 <bynw> ::Temere:: "I think we should all see this guest here in this chamber. But we will remain as silent partners."
Mar 18 20:55:59 <Alderic> "Then I see no point in delay." ::looks about to see if anyone has something further to say::
Mar 18 20:57:01 <Alderic> *Nym* ::takes a look as well:: "If no one objects show the visitor in."
Mar 18 20:57:02 <bynw> ::Temere speaks up:: "We are going to have a guest enter the chamber, who wishes to address Master Gibran. The rest of us will only be seen has hazy figures, our identities unknown."
Mar 18 20:57:15 <Alianna> "Nor do I. The sooner we can do this, the sooner we get it over with."
Mar 18 20:57:31 <Alderic> ::nods::
Mar 18 20:58:03 <bynw> ::Temere motions to the Bor'dah to open the doors::
Mar 18 20:58:42 <bynw> ::the doors open and the Bor'dah mind-see the man just as they did the 8 before they entered::
Mar 18 20:59:47 <bynw> ::The man has the chiseled face of nobility and walks with purpose to the table holding Nym and the others::
Mar 18 21:01:00 <Alderic> ??Does Alderic or Nym recognize the man??
Mar 18 21:01:27 <bynw> ::he wears the purple robes denoting his rank as a bishop among his ecclesiastical brothers, his miter exchanges for skull cap of purple::
Mar 18 21:02:45 <bynw> ::although his face is not familiar, the markings of his Order within the Holy Church are unmistakable. He is of the Amon Order::
Mar 18 21:03:49 <bynw> ::the bishop bows at the neck to Nym:: "Thank you for seeing me Master Gibran. I am Bishop Randell dela Rios, abbot of the Amon Order."
Mar 18 21:04:33 * Alderic is now known as Nym_Gibran
Mar 18 21:06:00 <Nym_Gibran> ::looks quizzically at the newcomer, but inclines his head slightly in what might be considered a bow:: "Greetings Bishop Randell."
Mar 18 21:08:39 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios:: "We of the Amon have long stood in opposition of the Anadari and all other institutions of an arcane nature. But we have learned that you, Master Gibran, are an honorable man and seeker of justice."
Mar 18 21:09:41 <Nym_Gibran> ::his mouth drops open in a very rare moment of total befuddled surprise:: "Excuse me?"
Mar 18 21:10:32 <Nym_Gibran> "could you repeat that?"
Mar 18 21:11:01 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios:: "The Amon Order has been under attack for some years now. Quietly within the Holy Church, we have enemies that were unknown to us. They seek to have our Order disbanded and our priests removed from the Holy Church. But they are using lies to accomplish this task"
Mar 18 21:15:32 <bynw> "Master Gibran" ::the Bishop again using the Anadari title:: "We seek your aid to save the Amon Order. To speak out in its defense." ::he drops to his knees:: "We will issue our proclamation recanting the Order's view against the Anadari and other users of the arcane powers to welcome those into the Church who wish to be in the Church openly."
Mar 18 21:21:34 <Nym_Gibran> ::as the bishop asks for aid his befuddlement turns to confusion as if seeing a two headed pig come out of the bush suddenly. As the bishop goes to his knees Nym stands up and takes a step back recoiling from the prostrate man in alarm and total disbelief unable to process much less believe the site before him::
Mar 18 21:23:46 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios sits there on his knees with his hands folded in his lap waiting for Nym to respond::
Mar 18 21:24:50 <Nym_Gibran> ::For a few heartbeats he simply stares at the site unable to react, then he speaks:: "Stand up man, I'm no holy man to bow to, nor to I crave worship. Please stand, you have my attention to be sure."
Mar 18 21:25:47 <bynw> ::the bishop slowly rises to his feet:: "Forgive me Master Gibran, the Church has its own protocols that are hard to forget"
Mar 18 21:31:54 <Nym_Gibran> ::still showing alarm and now a bit of distaste he retakes his seat slowly:: "There is nothing to forgive Bishop, I am just...unused to such customs and taken aback at your words. Though taken aback would be a vast understatement. I would throw one of your order out on their ear on any given day based on my beliefs, but I find it hard to reject your humble offer. Tell me of these lies and the person spreading them?"
Mar 18 21:36:06 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios:: "They are whispered among the other Bishops of Church Council. The charges against our Order range from minor infractions to heresy and abuse. All are falsely accused. No one person has come out right but the Order is seeing its numbers dwindle where we were once one of the largest. We have been shunned. And I fear when the next great Council meets by the end of the year our Order will be disgraced"
Mar 18 21:38:38 <Nym_Gibran> "Why do the accused not come forward and demand to be truth-read to put these lies to rest?"
Mar 18 21:42:36 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios:: "The Church operates under its own protocols. We are the Churches Truth-Readers. But we could not be deemed impartial reading something against us. We need the outside influence. A man of good standing in the secular world and one who is known to be honest and makes no apologies for disliking our Order. But to speak on its behalf would carry a lot of weight."
Mar 18 21:47:14 <Nym_Gibran> "Would the accused be willing to be truth-read by a council of Anadari and myself in an open forum with these rumor mongers in attendance as well as any who care to?"
Mar 18 21:50:48 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios:: "The accused would be willing of course. But I cannot speak for the other Bishops. That is why we need your public support of the Order."
Mar 18 22:00:23 <Nym_Gibran> "I will bring a small council of Anadari Masters and we will truth-read the accused and announce what we discern to the church and anyone who cares to attend. I will also ask that anyone bringing charges speak aloud or be forever silent after. But I warn you I will not condone your order as a whole, I will speak in defense of those who are wrongly accused and speak against any who are rightly accused. Does this meet with your approval?"
Mar 18 22:02:51 <bynw> ::Bishop dela Rios bows at the neck:: "It will work. I shall make the arrangements and contact you when we are ready. It shouldn't be more than a weeks time. Thank you Master Gibran"
Mar 18 22:04:31 <Nym_Gibran> "If I find that these rumors are untrue, I will also seek out the source. Though I have strong suspicions of the their origin already."
Mar 18 22:05:34 <bynw> ::the Bishop again thanks Master Gibran before taking his leave and the 8 again are alone::
Mar 18 22:08:23 <Nym_Gibran> "I would be surprised if those rumors did not originate with Leopold. It certainly fits the style we've seem from him so far."
Mar 18 22:08:43 <Alianna> "Hmm."
Mar 18 22:08:58 <Alianna> "He does like to sow discord, sometimes it seems for its own sake, but I'm sure he wants us distracted."
Mar 18 22:11:08 <bynw> ::Elden:: "I will need more than one Matrix to lure him into our trap. Otherwise I doubt he will accept any challenge by a Matrix holder."
Mar 18 22:14:36 <Nym_Gibran> "Let's not waste anymore time then. Shall we join minds to lay the mental compulsions to return control of the Matrix's after the duel and together help reinforce Elden's mind while he comes to grips with the Matrix's as we pass them over?"
Mar 18 22:15:23 <Nym_Gibran> "Now is the best time while we are protected."
Mar 18 22:16:10 <bynw> ::Elden:: "It wont be necessary, I've already taken care of that in preparation before I came here. Temere, I need a doorway open to the outside. Anywhere will do of course."
Mar 18 22:17:32 * Alianna raises her brows again.  "We're just supposed to trust that you'll return the power, assuming it doesn't destroy your mind?"
Mar 18 22:18:00 * Nym_Gibran is now known as Alderic
Mar 18 22:19:53 <Alderic> *Nym* "I think, Elden, that we will all feel better if the compulsion is set in place by all of us. As we will all be witness to it and it's intended effect then."
Mar 18 22:21:24 <bynw> ::Temere addresses Elden:: "I take it you need the sky? I can set us back to Torr on the palace rooftops."
Mar 18 22:23:42 <bynw> ::D'nar:: "What is the meaning of this? You are speaking the truth that you have taken care of it but I do not understand."
Mar 18 22:25:27 <bynw> ::the Bor'dah open the door and Elden gets up and heads outside to the rooftop of the palace:: "Come and see for yourself"
Mar 18 22:25:59 <Alderic> ::follows Elden outside::
Mar 18 22:26:08 * Alianna follows them as well.
Mar 18 22:26:17 <Alderic> *Nym* ::Looks a bit skeptical, but follows::
Mar 18 22:27:01 <bynw> ::once outside Elden is looking up into the sky, clear blue mid afternoon::
Mar 18 22:27:45 <Alderic> ::follows Elden's gaze:: "I don't see anything."
Mar 18 22:28:25 * Alianna follows the eye-line also.
Mar 18 22:28:36 <bynw> ::he lifts his left arm which has leather bracer on it, like many of his people of Hemmelhold wear and swipes his right hand across it:: "It's too small for you to see at this distance but I assure you it is there"
Mar 18 22:29:47 <bynw> ::the bracer has a small lighted rectangle space on it and he begins to press different colored patches of light on the bracer::
Mar 18 22:31:00 <bynw> ::he puts his arm down and the lighted rectangle goes dark::
Mar 18 22:32:11 <bynw> ::Elden looks at Nym:: "On your first or second visit to my city you stole something for it. We let you keep it, we could have required it at anytime."
Mar 18 22:34:32 <bynw> ::Elden:: "You asked earlier Nym if I could psychically block a larger area. The answer is yes I can. Several square miles in fact. I've just gave the order for the device we use to follow me and I intend on using it in my Duel with Leopold stripping him of his powers he so greatly relies upon."

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member