Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> |------------------------------------------------
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> |          Session 46 - Imperial Dreams
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> |
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Alderic, Elden, Alliana, and Maylda have
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | returned to the Aerie. Awaiting the potential
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | arrival of the New Valimarian "Voice of the
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | King", Lord Cedric. Invited to the ship by
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Alderic at the opening of the Senate.
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Floating above the great Imperial city of
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Southwind the ship of Alliana is not alone. The
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | other airships keep their distance from one
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | another. Not wishing to intrude upon the domains
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | of other nations.
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | While the crew waits Elden state that he is in
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | contact with a friend in the Sentate and will
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | be informed once Lord Cedric leaves or the
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Senate session comes to an end.
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | After waiting for several hours, at almost dusk,
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | Elden announces that the Senate has ended today's
Jan 07 19:59:40 <bynw> | session and the Lord Cedric has left the building.
Jan 07 20:02:26 <Alderic> ::To Elden:: "Have you heard word how this new valimar managed to grab your former kingdom's land?"
Jan 07 20:04:27 <bynw> ::Elden:: "No details. But apparently there was a substantial sum offered for the island by Valimarian nationalist to the Arrin Senate. And they accepted the offer."
Jan 07 20:05:43 <Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "You wanted to step down from making decisions..."
Jan 07 20:07:51 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Hemmelhold is an independent city-state. The Arrin Senate has no authority over us and we have little influence over them. I hear the sum was accepted almost due to that it couldn't be met but it was."
Jan 07 20:09:06 <Alderic> "You must remember, was old Valimar really that bad? Tell me about it."
Jan 07 20:10:02 <bynw> ::Elden sits down on a deck chair and closes his eyes a moment::
Jan 07 20:11:52 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Valimar, the country of strength. Founded by two war-lords. Both of which were not human. But they have human help. A sorceress, an Anadari Knight and his brother. A druid. And the people of the region of Halifax that Valimar was carved out of during those days."
Jan 07 20:13:53 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Halifax lost half its land during it's civil war. The nations of Valimar, Kaydia, Datan, and New Xanthia were formed out of the wilderness. A good thing too as it created some buffer between Halifax and Adan."
Jan 07 20:16:25 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Within a generation. Valimar, Kaydia and Datan were at war with each other. Threatening to drag Halifax, Einar, New Xanthia, and Adan into the conflict. Those 4 nations did not want any part of the war of these young states."
Jan 07 20:17:58 <bynw> ::Elden:: "That conflict ended with the destruction of Kaydia, the destruction of Datan and the temporary destruction of Valimar. It was called the Sky Light War and it created the Black Desert."
Jan 07 20:20:54 <bynw> "Valimar rose of the defeat of its ashes and renewed itself with the next generation of leaders, the war-lords who formed the country were dead but their generals lived on. Leopold was the first to claim victory after the war and the first to be crowed as its new King. The lands belonging to Kaydia become Valimarian but the Datan lands were absorbed by New Xanthia."
Jan 07 20:23:17 <bynw> "There was some good in Valimar. The last king and its first president after switching to a republic, John Coatleaf was a friend in previous life." ::Elden's voice drifts off a bit::
Jan 07 20:28:25 <bynw> ::It's been centuries since that time. What was once Valimar and parts of Kaydia is now part of Paradise, Halifax and Adan. What was once New Xanthia, Datan and parts of Kaydia is now Paradise. But the people, especially in the south were Valimar once reigned, still speak Valmari. I would bet those nationalist came from that region. But where they got the money to buy the island ... money like that is rarely seen now days."
Jan 07 20:30:19 <Alderic> "So under different leadership old Valimar could have been a very different place? A very different history you think?"
Jan 07 20:30:31 <bynw> ::Elden looks across the deck where Lord Cedric is standing. Floating by magical means just outside the ship. He is not alone. With him is an alluring long red haired woman::
Jan 07 20:30:44 <bynw> ::Elden nods in answer to Alderic::
Jan 07 20:36:29 <Alderic> ::Looks about for the Captain::
Jan 07 20:39:01 <bynw> ::Alliana and her crew take a look at the new comers. She turns to Alderic:: "Well you invited him!"
Jan 07 20:41:28 <Alderic> ::chuckles and bows to Aliana:: "As you say Captain. It is your ship though to grant permission to board or not." ::looks meaningfully to Aliana, then to the newcomers.:: "I am but a lowly passenger here."
Jan 07 20:43:15 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Permission to come aboard for myself and companion the Lady Carmine"
Jan 07 20:44:13 <bynw> ::Alliana looks back to the two magically floating off the deck and back to Alderic:: "Granted" ::she says watching the pair::
Jan 07 20:45:01 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric bows at the neck:: "Thank you Captain." ::the pair cross over to the ship and stand firmly on its deck::
Jan 07 20:46:17 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric turns to attention to Alderic:: "Prince Alderic. Master of Tennes and Master of Kes. You wished to speak with me?"
Jan 07 20:49:21 <Alderic> ::Steps forward and bows, his flowing clothes fluttering in the nights breeze, his hands tucked up his large sleeves.:: "Yes Lord Cedric, you've made quite the stir today in the capital."
Jan 07 20:51:00 <bynw> ::Lady Carmine's appearance is noted by the crew of the Aerie. Her hair flows in the wind just so to turn men's heads and eyes. The allure of figure ... perfect. It tugs at any male looking at her::
Jan 07 20:51:40 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Stir or none. It was not an attempt to cause a stir. Only to see our rightful place among nations once more."
Jan 07 20:52:50 <Alderic> "Your timing is what concerns many. Do you know what I'm speaking of?"
Jan 07 20:57:12 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Our plan was carried out under its own time table. Nothing else mattered. But you must be speaking of the awakening of Kirsh that was felt even by our people far away from it. But that was over a month and more ago. Unless there is something else that bothers you about our timing."
Jan 07 20:59:17 * Maydla has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jan 07 21:00:09 <Alderic> ::Nods, his eyes focus on Lady Carmine as he speaks:: "Leopold."
Jan 07 21:00:35 * Sarah (Mibbit@OWIRCN-5237b132.ga.charter.com) has joined #teara-adan
Jan 07 21:00:51 * Sarah is now known as Maydla
Jan 07 21:01:00 <Alderic> ??Does her body language give anything away when Alderic says that??
Jan 07 21:02:42 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "His Highness is what brought the Valimarian people out of their centuries of bondage in the lands of others."
Jan 07 21:04:26 <Alderic> !df 4
Jan 07 21:04:26 <ChanServ> Result: (-)( )(+)(+)
Jan 07 21:07:38 <bynw> ::The Lady Carmine's reaction to this whole meeting seems to be one of boredom. And despite her good looks Alderic appears to be immune to her alluring nature. She makes no outward sign at the statement about Leopold. But something about her is very familiar::
Jan 07 21:14:29 <Alderic> "So you Venerate Leopold?"
Jan 07 21:16:19 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Of course. He is my King. I am His Voice. It is an honor to serve Him in this capacity."
Jan 07 21:17:01 <Alderic> "THE Leopold. The general of old. He is your king?"
Jan 07 21:17:57 * Maydla has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jan 07 21:20:27 <bynw> "General Leopold. Anadari Master. King of Valimar. King of New Valimar." ::Lord Cedric says::
Jan 07 21:22:26 <Alderic> ::Schools his face to a mask:: "And your king has nothing to do with the awakening at Kirsh you are saying?"
Jan 07 21:26:04 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "I stated that the awakening of Kirsh had nothing to do with our rise of being a nation once again. They are not related events, no timing exists between the two."
Jan 07 21:34:55 <Alderic> "I'm curious, did you happen to mention who your king was when you purchased the land from the Arrin?"
Jan 07 21:35:57 <Alderic> ::Waves the answer off:: "I suppose it doesn't matter, does it. The deal is done."
Jan 07 21:38:01 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "It is done. Valimar has returned to its rightful place among nations as New Valimar. We have a patriots who will flock to the banner of crossed axes. We have joined the Empire to live in peace with our neighbors."
Jan 07 21:39:30 <Alderic> ::Laughs, then pauses to study Lord Cedric a moment. His expression turning to surprise and disbelief::
Jan 07 21:42:03 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Our capital is being built out of the wilderness. We invite you Prince Alderic to visit as our guest."
Jan 07 21:43:45 <Alderic> "What reaction do you imagine the world will have to a kingdom, any kingdom, under Leopold's rule?"
Jan 07 21:52:17 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "The same reaction you are having. Fear. The centuries have turned our King into a legendary monster. But the true people of Valimar hold him in high regard. Even those of Flora and Utha. His veneration is well deserved, despite the monster stories told by those who thought they had defeated him."
Jan 07 21:55:32 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "How will you be remembered hundreds of years after you are thought to be dead. Your achievements will be exaggerated. Your failures will be grand. And your personality will become profound. It happens to all great men."
Jan 07 21:56:06 <Alderic> ::again he chuckles:: "Your mistaking me. I do not fear Leopold. Why should I? He will not hurt me personally. I imagine he thinks I am beneath his notice. I am astounded by the stupidity of your choices..."
Jan 07 21:59:57 <Alderic> "As much as Leopold is responsible for bringing Valimar up, his ruthlessness brought it down. His leadership put him at odds with the world. Knowing that putting him as your king would do the same, again; you are still following him. Illogical. You are afraid you cannot make Valimar something great without him. You fear that. And hence you project those fears on everyone else and dream of reigning supreme as a mask to your weakness...."
Jan 07 22:02:59 <Alderic> "Your choices are based on the fear that you can not stand as a nation without Leopold. And that has made you open to manipulation by Leopold. And that will put you at odds with the rest of the world. A self forefilling fear."
Jan 07 22:03:31 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Leopold did not bring Valimar down. Twan-do did. And those harlots who opposed his rule and staged a coup while he was fighting in the Llorn Kcor war bringing freedom the southlands."
Jan 07 22:06:03 <Alderic> "For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Those events where and are inevitable. You and Leopold are too short sighted to see that."
Jan 07 22:08:20 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "And you have listened to tall-tales. Stories used to frighten children. But the monsters under the beds has the name Valimar and Leopold attached to it. History has always been rewritten by the victors of any conflict. And when a defeated people rise up stating you are wrong. Fear is the result. History shows this ... look around in Halifax, many still fear magic-users there because of Adan."
Jan 07 22:09:25 <bynw> "And many in Adan fear that Halifax seeks to take them by the sword one day. Ancient stories retold to children who tell it to their children. Stop hating Valimar. Let us live in peace."
Jan 07 22:10:36 <Alderic> "Your argument is circular and based on the assumption that Leopold is not the man history painted him as. What if you are wrong?"
Jan 07 22:12:52 <Alderic> ::shakes his head:: "Nothing I say here will sway you though."
Jan 07 22:14:34 <Alderic> "New Valimar could have been something. It is very possible. You may have even found allies in Adan. But a Valimar under Leopold will never last. What a waste."
Jan 07 22:14:46 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "I could say the same of you. But I dare you to break the circle. Stop the cycle of hatred of Valimar. See what what fruit is produced. I am not wrong, I know my King. He is a just man."
Jan 07 22:16:34 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "We thank you for the opportunity to talk with another Prince. But we have other audiences to keep. And we must bid you a good eve." ::he bows at the neck to Alderic::
Jan 07 22:17:23 <Alderic> "I'm sorry to have wasted your time Lord Cedric." ::bows and turns and away to walk to the rail on the other side of the ship, his back to Cedric::
Jan 07 22:18:07 <bynw> ::Lord Cedric and Lady Carmine walk towards the edge rail of the ship and step off into the darkness of the night::
Jan 07 22:19:33 <bynw> ::Elden:: "He wasn't alone. And she wasn't human."
Jan 07 22:20:35 <Alderic> "Of course. She was a Dragon. and I'm sure Leopold was and is listening."
Jan 07 22:20:59 <Alderic> ::Smiles:: "Did you like my little show for him?"
Jan 07 22:21:52 <bynw> ::Elden:: "Indeed. I think you pressed the button of all three of them. Just a little."
Jan 07 22:25:34 <Alderic> @@::To Elden:: "He is right though, hordes will flock to the Valimar Banner. And to oppose Valimar will mean war and the dissolving of the empire. I only see one way to avoid a blood bath that has been Leopold's plan from the start. One chink in his armor."@@
Jan 07 22:27:02 <bynw> @@ ::To Alderic:: "And the cycle will continue, for good reason. What do you see?"@@
Jan 07 22:27:20 <Alderic> @@"Someone will have to challenge him to a dual-arcane....and win."@@
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member