Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:29 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:29 <~bynw> |          Session 41 - Imperial Dreams
20:29 <~bynw> |
20:29 <~bynw> | Alderic has the orb containing the sum of
20:29 <~bynw> | Chadwick's knowledge. Maylda has taken her leave
20:29 <~bynw> | of Alderic from the palace library in Hemmelhold.
20:29 <~bynw> | And the pirate captain Alianna has already gone
20:29 <~bynw> | to her pirate ship and crew to prepare for their
20:29 <~bynw> | dawn departure.
20:29 <~bynw> | Audric Schear has not been seen by any of the
20:29 <~bynw> | three or anyone in the palace all night. His men
20:29 <~bynw> | claim that they have not seen him.
20:29 <~bynw> | The first rays of dawn have come to Hemmelhold
20:29 <~bynw> | and the lines are ready to be cast off the ship
20:29 <~bynw> | so it may rise into the sky and clouds above.
20:31 <~bynw> ::the early dawn of Hemmelhold is quiet in the shipyards. Very few are about save for those with other airships that are getting ready to take off on a dawn flight::
20:33  * Alianna is briskly pacing the upper deck of the Aerie, giving orders where needed, but her crew largely know what they're supposed to be doing.
20:36 <~bynw> ::the crew of the Aerie has grown accustomed to the airship, it is a ship after all, not much different that a sea going one in many respects::
20:38  * Maydla awakens, gathers her belongings and sets out towards Alianna's airship to join her
20:39  * Alianna sees Maydla approaching the dock and waves congenially.
20:40 < Maydla> To Alianna: "Good morning, would you care for some warm tea this morn?"
20:40 < Alianna> "Stimulant tea, yes, please.  I never get much sleep the night before setting out."
20:40  * Alderic is awakened by the librarian, having fallen asleep in a large padded chair there. The orb containing Chadwick's memories in his lap and books piled on the table to his right
20:40 < Maydla> "Done."
20:41  * Alianna smiles.
20:41 < Alianna> "Thank you."
20:41 < Alianna> "Do you have any idea where Alderic is?  We can leave as soon as he gets aboard."
20:42 < Maydla> "Last I saw of him, he was in the library."
20:42 < Alianna> "Unless we're supposed to wait for the missing Lord Audric."
20:42  * Maydla sets about brewing the tea belowdecks.
20:44  * Alderic walks down the docks slowly, a mug of black bean tea in his hand. The steam rises in the cool morning air leaving smoky tendrils.
20:44  * Maydla returns a few minutes later with a steaming mug of tea in each hand, giving one to Alianna.
20:45 < Alderic> ::Stifles a yawn:: "No one ever mentions the damnable waking hours when they tell the tales of adventures."
20:46 < Maydla> "wouldn't be much of a story if they did."
20:46 < Maydla> "Good morning, Alderic."
20:47 < Alderic> ::grunts acknowledgment, and takes sip of his tea::
20:48  * Alianna takes the tea mug from Maydla.  "Thank you again."
20:49  * Alianna laughs at Alderic's comment. "No, no they don't."
20:49 < Maydla> "Welcome. Hope you like it."
20:49  * Alianna sips the strong tea and smiles.  "It's good."
20:50 <~bynw> ::the fullness of dawn has reached Hemmelhold as the sun rising in the east tops the mountain ridge
20:50 < Maydla> "Mmmm.... Pretty."
20:50 < Alianna> "Are we ready to cast off? Everybody is present and accounted for except Audric."
20:51 < Alderic> ::Goes to the rail to sip his tea and watch the sun set, hoping the scene will cheer his dreary morning up a bit as well as his disposition::
20:53 < Maydla> "So. Anyone seen hide or hair of Audric lately?"
20:53 < Alderic> "I will have words with Audric if I dragged myself here at this hour while he is home abed."
20:53 < Maydla> brb laundry
20:57 < Alianna> "I have no idea, but you're right.  He'd better not be crashed out somewhere."
20:59 < Alianna> "Time's wasting.  I'm going to go ahead and give the order to cast off.  He can find us later if he needs to."
20:59  * Alianna turns to her second-in-command and gives the order to cast off in a significantly louder voice than she had used to talk to Alderic and Maydla.
21:04 < Alderic> ::looks worried:: "Captain, Audric may be many things, but flaky is not among them. I'm worried."
21:08 <~bynw> ::the first officer reports that all is ready to lift and fly out of the valley::
21:09 < Alianna> "I'm worried too, Alderic, but he TOLD me to take off without him if he wasn't here by dawn."
21:11 < Alderic> ::Nods to Alianna, but looks out at the sun rise thoughtfully, his mind's gears obviously turning::
21:12 < Alderic> "He told you that did he? Sounds as if he knew he wouldn't make it, eh?"
21:12 < Alianna> "He said he might not."
21:13 < Alderic> ::Takes a long sip of his tea and nods thoughtfully::
21:15 < Maydla> "Curiously mysterious."
21:16  * Alianna nods.  "Indeed."
21:20 <~bynw> ::the first officer awaits the given orders as the trimmsman readies himself to begin the lifting process::
21:20 < Maydla> "I assume no one has tried to locate the man in question."
21:23 < Alderic> ::shakes his head:: "Who knows where to even start."
21:24 < Alianna> "There is no damn telling where he is, and he just disappeared."
21:24 < Maydla> "Poof."
21:24 < Alianna> "Pretty much."
21:25  * Alianna turns back to the first officer and barks out the command to lift the airship.
21:26 < Alianna> "We're for South Wind.  If Lord Audric wants to get there, he has ways."
21:27 <~bynw> ::the first officer relays the command and the lines are cast off and the ship begins to rise and turn to catch the wind::
21:30 <~bynw> ::the ship rises above Hemmelhold and turns eastward catching the wind of the mountains. A few days trip before jumping wont be so rough::
21:35  * Alianna smiles at the feeling of the wind brushing her face and rustling her thick red hair.
21:38 < Alderic> ::Looks about him, his head swiveling from side to side, eyes darting::
21:38  * Alianna regards Alderic.  "What's going on?"
21:38 < Maydla> "Problem, Alderic?"
21:41 < Alderic> ! df 4
21:41 < Alderic> !df 4
21:41 <@ChanServ> Result:
  • [ ][-]
    21:46 < Alderic> ::Continues looking about him, scanning the deck of the ship.:: "Someone has joined us."
    21:46  * Alianna looks around.  "What the hell?"
    21:47 <~bynw> ::just as Alderic makes his statement, the magic manifests itself in the center of the maint deck. a man is standing where no one was standing just moments before. his long duster coat blowing in the breeze as looks about the deck with a smile::
    21:49 < Alderic> ??Do I recognize he man??
    21:49 <~bynw> ::it is Audric, but he looks older and weathered, and has the appearance of being through a battle. small scars can be seen on his face::
    21:50  * Alianna regards Audric, and then repeats herself.  "What the hell?"
    21:50 < Alderic> ::his eyebrow arches::
    21:50 <~bynw> "Jump the ship ... now, the mountains be damned. Get us away from Hemmelhold." ::he says walking towards the helm::
    21:51 < Alianna> "Why?"
    21:53 < Alderic> ::Sips his black bean tea, watching the scene unfold over the rim of his cup::
    21:54 <~bynw> "To show that we meant what we said. I can pilot this ship if your trimsman isn't capable of it." ::he replies::
    21:54  * Alianna raises her brows.  "My crew are perfectly competent."  She turns to her first officer and practically roars, "Prepare for jump!"
    21:55  * Maydla settles with a fresh mug of tea and listens intently."
    21:57 <~bynw> ::the crew readies themselves for the jump, knowing within the mountains that the trim of the ship can drop or rise sharply when jumping::
    21:59 < Alderic> ::Grabs hold of the rail with one hand, sipping his tea with the other:: "Meant what we said?"
    22:01 <~bynw> "Yes. The 'royal' we. The council is most angry with last nights events."
    22:01 <~bynw> "Everything has changed for Hemmelhold." ::he says::
    22:02 < Alianna> asks distractedly, "How so?"
    22:02 < Alderic> "I must have missed something while in the library Master Audric. Have you aged?"
    22:02 <~bynw> "I'll tell you when we are a little further away
    22:03 <~bynw> " ::he says to Alianna::
    22:03 <~bynw> ::and to Alderic:: "I am not Audric"
    22:04  * Alianna snaps her head around to regard "Audric."  "Then who in hell are you?"
    22:04 < Maydla> "And why are you on this ship?"
    22:06 < Alderic> ::Chucks the cup of tea over the side, his demeanor changing like a switch, to a darker flavor. He let's go of the rail and begins to circle this newcomer moving to flank him with Alianna opposite::
    22:07 < Alderic> ??Is he armed??
    22:07  * Alianna has a hand on her short sword and another hand very near her Zulu arms pistol grip.
    22:08  * Maydla shifts uncomfortably a few feet away, still seated upon the steps nearby.
    22:08 <~bynw> ::the man of not-Audric has a sword and a pistol at his side, no other visible weapons::
    22:09 <~bynw> ::not-Audric:: "How quickly you forget the story Alderic. The one my previous self gave you that he was not the same Audric your father Nym had met."
    22:12 < Alderic> "I've forgotten nothing stranger. I recall him saying each of you are different. And that makes you a stranger, an armed stowaway, and an arrogant loudmouth in my estimation. You have something to add that's going to change that or you just going to keep running your mouth with orders sir?"
    22:14 < Alderic> ::Plants his feet, arms to his side as if he was ready to draw, though he appears unarmed::
    22:14  * Alianna turns to her first officer and makes an abrupt gesture.  Instantly, the crew stops doing anything that will cause the ship to do anything other than hover.
    22:15  * Maydla sits up, more alert and unsettled.
    22:16 <~bynw> "I have taken the name Elden Schear. It was Audric's invision to free us from eternal slavery as the ruler of Hemmelhold. Audric succeeded. I am the last of a very long line and all of his memories are my memories just as all those who came before us."
    22:17  * Alianna raises an eyebrow at Elden, but keeps her crew on alert and not moving the ship yet.
    22:18 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow at the man:: "Then you should know, the Captain is the only one who gives orders on this ship." ::nods to Alianna with a wicked smile::
    22:19 < Alianna> "AND, my crew doesn't do a damn thing until I say, and I don't say until I know what the shit is going on."
    22:19 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "And Audric gave suggestions in the guise of orders himself to the Captain which were usually heeded."
    22:20 < Alderic> ::Points to the man:: "Your not Audric."
    22:20 < Alianna> "Yes, but Audric explained himself reasonably well."
    22:21  * Maydla raises an eyebrow.
    22:22 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "It is to show the council that I am on board the Aerie and the rules have changed for the city."
    22:23 < Alianna> "Why does the council need to see that you are aboard to change things for the city?"
    22:27 <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Because they are a bunch of old men who are resistant to change. Leopold has caused a change which has a ripple effect of other changes."
    22:30  * Maydla snickers quitely.
    22:32 < Alderic> ::relaxes a bit:: "The only constant in the universe. Change."
    22:33 <~bynw> ::Elden to Alianna:: "Jump the ship. Please."
    22:34  * Alianna asks somewhat sarcastically, "Have we worn out our welcome in Hemmelhold, then?"
    22:34 < Alderic> ::Eases up, standing casually now. He looks to Alianna::
    22:35 <~bynw> "Maybe for a time. Let the dust settle a bit."
    22:35 <~bynw> (( well i've got to goto bed ))
    22:36  * Alianna mutters under her breath but loudly enough for Alderic to hear, "This voyage gets weirder by the minute."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member