20:02 <~bynw> | mental Shields are average rather than greatly
20:02 <~bynw> | powerful. His mind was easy to breach and his
20:02 <~bynw> | memories copied.
20:02 <~bynw> |
20:02 <~bynw> | It is also discovered that Leopold himself was
20:02 <~bynw> | at the tower during the attack. He appeared
20:02 <~bynw> | only to Maylda and possibly one of the awakened
20:02 <~bynw> | owlbears. Where he told Maylda to remove
20:02 <~bynw> | Chadwick from the pod that was resurrecting him.
20:02 <~bynw> | Since Chadwick had the control medallion for the
20:02 <~bynw> | Matrix in Utha and does not have it now. It was
20:02 <~bynw> | taken by Leopold. Who now controls the Matrix at
20:02 <~bynw> | Utha and presumedly Kirsh itself.
20:02 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:05 < Alderic> "why would Leopold tell you to remove Chadwick?"
20:06 < Maydla> "That's a good question."
20:07 < Maydla> "I removed him because that seemed like the right thing to do to ensure our safety at that moment."
20:08 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "When we removed the statis from the tower. The plants around his body grew a new pod. Where he was healed within it after several days."
20:10 < Alderic> "So you think Leopold was trying to make sure Chadwick died?"
20:11 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "When you pulled him out of the pod originally. You interrupted that healing cycle. Effectively killing him, although it would have restarted if you had left his body there as the plants within the tower see to Chadwick's ressurection."
20:11 <~bynw> ::Alianna:: "It would seem that way to me"
20:13 < Alderic> "I think my father should tell Chadwick that when he wakes."
20:15 < Maydla> "I'm inclined to agree."
20:16 < Alderic> "I will let him know."
20:16 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "In any case ..." ::he holds up the orb of Chadwick's memories:: "I promissed this to the Emperor. And I promissed Chadwick to your father. Both are probably back in SouthWind by now."
20:16 < Alderic> "So what is our next step?"
20:19 <~bynw> "Leave this fine city behind again." ::Audric says looking about the chamber:: "We cannot take his body with us though. Far too dangerous"
20:20 < Alderic> "So how do you intend to get it to southwind then?"
20:21 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "Chadwick's body will have to have special arrangements made. In the meantime it is safe here in Hemmelhold."
20:23 <~bynw> ::Alianna:: "My ship is in good shape and so is the crew."
20:26 <~bynw> ::Audric hands the orb containing the memories of Chadwick to Alderic:: "Hold on to this. We can leave at first light. I have a few things to do here in the city before we depart. And the council isn't going to like any of them."
20:27 < Alderic> ::takes the orb:: "need help?"
20:30 < Maydla> "If we are leaving in the morn, I'd like to restock on some supplies for my teas, please."
20:30 < Alderic> ::Looks at the orb:: "How do I access this thing?"
20:32 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "I have to take care of some things on my own. But you must leave at first light and take the orb to the Emperor. Even if I am not there. Thus you keep it."
20:32 <~bynw> "You may have to devise a spell of the mind to access it. It does require rudimentary telepathic ability."
20:33 <~bynw> "The city is your Maydla feel free to acquire anything you need."
20:33 < Alderic> ::nods with a sparkle in his eye:: "interesting."
20:33 <~bynw> ::with that Audric departs the room::
20:33 <~bynw> ::Alianna eyes Chadwick's body again with that look of hers::
20:35 < Alderic> ::To Alianna:: "Something wrong?"
20:35 < Maydla> "Thank you."
20:36 <~bynw> ::Alianna:: "If he is a fanatic of Leopold. He may consider the betrayal a necessary sacrifice of his master's greater plan. I've seen that kind of devotion with the Mohadine privateers"
20:36  * Maydla eyes Alianna as well.
20:39 < Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "If he chooses to stay his path my father will dispatch him to whatever god he preferes."
20:40 < Alderic> "I for one will not shed a tear."
20:40 <~bynw> ::Alianna:: "If I don't see to my ship soon" ::she says looking at Chadwick and fingering her dagger's hilt:: "I may do that."
20:41  * Maydla grins
20:41 <~bynw> ::Alianna heads for the doors now herself::
20:46 < Alderic> ::Smirks as he watches Alianna exit the room, then speaks too low for her to overhear:: "She's a good woman, even if she pretends not to be."
20:48 < Alderic> "I on the other hand..." ::leans over Chadwicks body, his index finger extened::
20:48 < Maydla> To Alderic: "Hey now... watch yourself."
20:49 < Alderic> "Am a practical man..." ::uses his index finger to draw a arcane symbol on his chest, over his heart. The symbol glows and wisps of smoke rise from it for a moment before it fades from view::
20:50 < Alderic> ::Straightens for a moment, looking down at him::
20:52 < Alderic> ::suddenly and violently he punches chadwick across the face once, pauses with a look of satisfaction then to Maydia:: "Well, maybe I'm only an okay guy." ::walks out of the room::
20:52  * Maydla raises an eyebrow.
21:03 <~bynw> ::the rest of the day is spent prepairing for the morning's journey. gathering of any special supplies for the ship and crew
21:04 <~bynw> ::the trio finds that they may stay anywhere in Hemmelhold, expenses paid by Audric if they choose to stay at an inn or other accomidation besides the ship or palace::
21:05 < Alderic> ::goes to the library with the orb::
21:07  * Maydla visits local herbalists and the market for tea ingredients as well as restocking her travel herb kits.
21:15 <~bynw> ::some herbs are in short supply as Hemmelhold hasn't been flying these past few months since the tower was captured. they must rely upon imports themself instead of going to the source. some substitutions and even going without will have to be made::
21:16  * Maydla visits the library as well to check local herb substitutes where need arises.
21:19 <~bynw> ::the palace library contains sizable collection of books and scrolls. and one patron, a Haldren staring blankly into a slightly glowing orb::
21:20 < Alderic> ::sits in a corner away from casual observation, huddled over the orb. His hands laid on it::
21:33  * Maydla sidles up to Alderic. "Hows it going?"
21:36 < Alderic> ::Looks up, a bit starttled:: "Oh. Maydla. I'm sorry, I was...I was investigating Chadwick's memories, and I didn't notice your approch. It goes well."
21:37 < Alderic> "That thing named Chadwick is very old indeed. It has memories of being in places and seeing events that I've only heard of in books."
21:39 < Alderic> "At one time it was a man. A druid in fact from Kirsh."
21:46 < Alderic> "Did you have any questions? I could ask them if you like?"
21:51 < Maydla> "Thanks but no thanks. I was simply checking on you."
22:02 < Alderic> "I appreciate that. Thank you. and how are you holding up in all this? It must be a lot to take in?"
22:03 < Maydla> "Slightly overwhelming but nothing I can't handle with a little tea now and then."
22:03  * Maydla smiles.
22:08 < Alderic> ::chuckles:: "That I believe. It's good to have you along. We would never have lived to tell oour tale without you."
22:08 < Alderic> "So what do you believe our next move should be?"
22:09 < Maydla> "More tea. Less travel."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member