19:20 < bynw> |------------------------------------------------
19:20 < bynw> |          Session 37 - Imperial Dreams
19:20 < bynw> |
19:20 < bynw> | Finishing the repairs to the airship it's small
19:20 < bynw> | crew travels to the Floran port of Sweetwater
19:20 < bynw> | Harbor. There they find the remains of Alianna's
19:20 < bynw> | seagoing vessel. The ship and part of it's crew
19:20 < bynw> | the victim of an apparent Mohadine attack.
19:20 < bynw> | Alianna is given transport down from the airship
19:20 < bynw> | to privately go and speak with her crew. Alderic
19:20 < bynw> | has provided the magical means and stays a
19:20 < bynw> | descrete distance away. Audric and Maylda stay
19:20 < bynw> | onboard the airship with the small Hemmelhold
19:20 < bynw> | crew.
19:21 < bynw> ::Audric taking advantage of holding position examines the final repairs to the ship::
19:24  * Maydla settles on the steps to the upper deck while reading a small book.
19:25 < Alderic> ::Stays out of sight while keeping a discrete eye on Alianna::
19:26  * Alianna is down on the Aenor, or what is left of her, talking to her old crew.
19:27 < bynw> ::Audric comes over to Maydla:: "What book has you so entranced?"
19:34 < Maydla> Me to Audric: "My diary sort of. I write down ideas and notations from time to time as well as plants and the information that goes with them."
19:40 < bynw> ::Audric:: "If you like plants you should visit a few places. The Black Forest of Einar which was a desert for 100's of years. Nym's home in the Earldom of Tennes. And Kaec."
19:40  * Maydla scribbles that bit of information in her book..
19:41 < Maydla> "Thank you, Audric. I will add that to my list."
20:00 < bynw> ::Audric:: "You don't talk much."  ::he says sitting down next to Maydla::
20:01  * Maydla scoots over a bit to make more room on the step.
20:01 < Maydla> "I don't have much to say."
20:09 < bynw> "Well soon Chadwick's secrets will be ours and we will have leverage to use against Leopold."
20:09 < Maydla> "Indeed."
20:20 < bynw> ::Audric:: "When the others return we can get underway. Head back to Hemmelhold to see what secrets Chadwick has for us."
20:21  * Maydla nods in response.
20:30  * Alianna returns to the dock with twenty battered and raggedy men and women in tow.
20:33 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow at the crowd:: "This may take more then one trip Captain."
20:34  * Alianna laughs in Alderic's direction.  "That's fine, just so long as they all get aboard."
20:35 < Alderic> "Will any of them need medical attention?" ::begins drawing a circle in the dirt, roughly the same shape and size of the transportation circle::
20:36 < Alianna> "Probably.  They've just been through all holy hell, so yes, get Maydla ready to break out some plant concoctions."
20:39  * Maydla perks up at the mention of her name, then heads down to the kitchens to prepare ointments, and bandages.
20:40 < Alderic> ::He stands in the center of the circle, palms facing downward and open, for a moment a hundred pencil thin lightning bolts shoot from his hands and fill the drawn circle around him before they coalesce into a disk shape at his feet:: "Aye Captain."
20:41  * Alianna turns to her crewmen.  "Who needs medical attention?  Let's get the injured on board first so Maydla can start tending to them while we get everybody else up."
20:42  * Maydla sets up stations and a few seats as well as cots around the open area of the kitchen, for those who may need more attention than others.
20:42 < Alderic> "I think I can safely transport myself and five others at a run. Let's get the first five up here." ::waves on the men to stand on the circle::
20:43  * Alianna motions to the men to get on Alderic's transport.
20:44 < Alderic> ::begins transporting the crew, five at a time, up to the airship. Taking Alianna last.::
20:45  * Alianna waits to make sure all of her crew are aboard, then steps on the transport and rides up to the Aerie.
20:46 < Alderic> ::Drops Alianna and himself gently to the deck, the disk again sinks into the deck and disappears::
20:46  * Maydla shows the crew members the kitchen area and where to go fr whatever may ail them and begins to care for them, each in turn.
20:47  * Alianna goes over to assist Maydla in caring for her crewmen, now that she's aboard the Aerie.
20:49  * Maydla directs Alianna to those across the room and hands her a few potions, cups, and poultices for her injured crew members.
20:49  * Alianna does as Maydla instructs.
20:50  * Maydla address the room at large...
20:50 < Maydla> "How is everyone feeling, now that you're wounds have been attended to, and whatnot? Would anyone care for some tea?"
20:50 < Maydla> your*
20:51 < bynw> ::almost all of the crew is banged up to some degree. some with just brusies. while others have broken bones and missing teeth::
20:53  * Maydla sighs then sets about making several pitchers of sweet, healing tea and gathering the many many mugs needed.
20:53  * Alianna helps Maydla gather mugs and pour tea.
20:55 < Maydla> "I hope everyone enjoys the brew, its my own creation ad will help with just about anything... It comforts all."
20:55  * Alianna smiles at Maydla and the tough, battered pirates obediently drinking their tea.
20:56 < Maydla> "This is terribly ironic... I thought pirates only drank Rum..."
20:57  * Maydla grins then sips her own tea.
20:57  * Alianna grins back at Maydla.  "We do plenty of that, but pirates in need of medical care will drink what they're told to."
20:57  * Maydla nods in understanding.
20:59 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Get them back up to speed quickly Maydla as this is going to be a shakedown cruise"
21:00 < Alianna> "Well, they need to heal, then they need to learn to help sail an airship.  It IS a little different from a seagoing ship."
21:02 < Maydla> "That is what the tea is for. It doesnt just comfort and heal. It helps with a number of things... It is most helpful when something like this happens; Your crew will quickly learn to handle this ship like their own, much quicker due to my tea."
21:03 < Maydla> "Those with broken or damaged bones will remain here due to the fact that bones require at least two days or rest or half-rest to knit back together. The rest will be able to man the ships tasks with the next two hours or less."
21:04  * Alianna grins widely at Maydla.  "That's pretty damn awesome tea."
21:04 < Maydla> "You're welcome."
21:05 < Alianna> "Indeed.  Thank you so much for getting to all these people."
21:07 < Maydla> "I'm just glad I had enough tea premixed to help your crew. It seems as if I'm more nursemaid than anything else here so I do what I can to help."
21:11 < bynw> ::the airship floats above Sweetwater Harbor for a few hours as the lesser injured men start manning familiar stations on the ship. they are taught in the differences by Audric and the 3 men from Hemmelhold::
21:12 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Captain. We have an appointment to keep back in Hemmelhold. Chadwick will deserve our attentions."
21:13  * Maydla helps the still injured crew settle into hammocks in their quarters and tidies up the kitchen.
21:16  * Alianna goes to the helm and prepares to set sail for Hemmelhold.
21:19 < bynw> ::the airship glides on the winds out of the coastal city and further westward and inland. there are many miles left to go as the crew begins to learn the differnces in sailing in the air vs the water::
21:23 < bynw> ::Audric puts the crew through a proper shakedown cruise. pushing their limits. some parts of the journey are made by jumping and sometimes Audric purposely mis adjusts the trim of the ship to make it more difficult ::
21:24 < bynw> ::even a drill of weapons fire is made once the ship is over great river::
21:24  * Alianna watches with pride as her crew learn to operate the airship.
21:25  * Maydla is still stationed in the kitchen with her book, busily scribbling away and sipping tea, blissfully out of the way of the crew.
21:26 < bynw> ::at the end of a week, the ship's crew can function enough that they can do so without supervision as the Aerie slowly desends toward the drydocks of Hemmelhold::
21:32 < bynw> ::Audric takes the final trim controls to land the ship on a specially designed drydock to have it inspected and insure repairs are completed. with an easy access to disembark from the main deck via a ramp::
21:32 < Alderic> "Does this mean you'll be leaving us Master Audric?"
21:34 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Probably not. I've rather enjoyed this little journey"
21:34  * Alianna laughs.
21:35 < Alderic> ::Smiles:: "I'm glad to hear that."
21:42 < Alderic> :disembarks onto Hemmelhold and looks around.::
21:42 < bynw> ::as Audric dismembarks from the Aerie he is greated by several of his men and there is a waiting carriage as well::
21:42  * Alianna steps off the Aerie onto Hemmelhold.
21:42 < bynw> ::Audric::
21:43 < bynw> "put the ship's crew up in quaters here at the city. make sure any medical needs are fully taken care of ... they were though a lot." ::he tails his men::
21:43 < bynw> ::Audric heads for the carriage and motions for the 3 others to come with him::
21:44  * Alianna climbs up into the carriage.
21:44  * Maydla heads up from the kitchen and follows Alianna into the carriage
21:48 < Alderic> ::follows::
21:49 < Alderic> ::To Alianna:: "I didn't realize the Mohadine still raided off the shores of Adan."
21:49 < bynw> ::they take the long carriage ride through the city, up the hill and over the lake and arrive back at the palace::
21:49 < Alianna> "Oh yes.  They're still out there, and they're vicious as shit."
21:56 < Alderic> ::Gives Alianna a half smile:: "Wonder how they would handle an attack by an airship."
21:57 < Alianna> "I don't know, but after we've dealt with the situation at hand, I'd love to find out...assuming we survive this endeavor."
22:04 < Alianna> "The more I think about what my crew have told me about what happened, the more I think they were ambushed.  The Mohadine had it in for the Aenor...or me and my crew."
22:05 < Maydla> "More likely you and the crew."
22:06 < bynw> ::the carriage door opens and Audric steps out. the Tower is no longer on the grounds of the palace::
22:06  * Alianna shrugs.  "Well, they didn't get me, and they didn't get my entire crew, although they got a good number of them, including Tylan."
22:08 < Alianna> "From what the crew has told me, Tylan sacrificed himself so everybody else could get away."
22:13 < Maydla> "A noble sacrifice."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member