20:17 < bynw> | master.
20:17 < bynw> |
20:17 < bynw> | He has proven that he is capable of blocking
20:17 < bynw> | psychic activity around him and has stated that
20:17 < bynw> | he can do so on a much larger scale as well if
20:17 < bynw> | needed.
20:17 < bynw> | Master Gibran has yet to meet with his alies to
20:17 < bynw> | form their plan against Kirsh.
20:17 < bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:20 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Do yo think you could block the Matrix at Kirsh long enough for us to get to it?"
20:21 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Kirsh's power is formadible. What do you hope to do once you get to it and how?"
20:24 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Can you?"
20:25 < bynw> ::Audric:: "In theory, yes. Never attempted to actually directly block Kirsh before. Indirectly block another Matrix yes. But it hasn't always worked."
20:26 < Alianna> "I don't know if 'in theory' is good enough for this situation.  Whatever we do, we need to be SURE it's going to work."
20:28 < Maydla> "I agree with Alianna, I dont want to be risking myself or anyone else on a maybe."
20:30 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Directly blocking Kirsh may allow Leopold to trace back the energy. Much the same way any adept can trace the signature of another."
20:30 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Is it Magic or Psionic?" ::points to the device on Audric's wrist::
20:32 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Its a little of everything."
20:34 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Then we can add the power of the Matrix's to it. It's our way to get to Leopold."
20:35 < Alderic> ::Looks at Nym:: "And if we get all the Matrix wielders together and to Leopold?...."
20:35 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::nods::
20:36 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Time to put aside our differences."
20:36  * Alianna nods in agreement.
20:39 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::looks suddenly to Audric:: "What are you sending in those...bursts of energy?"
20:41 < bynw> "Orders and updates." ::Audric replies:: "The stasis on Chadwick has been removed. And a new pod is forming around his very damaged body."
20:44 < Alderic> "Then we need to get going."
20:45 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "So do I. I've some people to talk to."
20:45 < bynw> ::Audric:: "No telling how long it takes to repair his form. Could take hours or days."
20:46 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "See what else you can bring to our fight to help. If you've no more need for me I will take my leave."
20:47 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Actually Master Gibran. I do have one more thing for you."
20:48 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::raises an eyebrow at Audric::
20:48 < bynw> ::Audric:: "You are not happy with the proposal by the Emperor to mind-rip Chadwick. I have an alternative which will give us the same information."
20:48  * Alianna raises her eyebrows and regards Audric with interest.
20:50 < bynw> ::Audric:: "My adepts at Hemmelhold are skilled in ways of getting the information without causing him any harm or discomfort. But I must say he needs to be punished for his many crimes against the Empire and its people."
20:53 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "I have an idea on that."
20:54 < bynw> ::Audric:: "My private proposal to you is simple. We get the information that we all need from him. And then mind-wipe his memories. Give him new memories and see if he becomes a productive member of society. Nurture after all plays a much bigger part in one's outlook. Otherwise everyone would believe any black dragon to be evil."
20:55 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::smiles, with a bit of sadness:: "You know most think I am not harsh enough...."
20:58 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "And yes I believe no one is evil by nature. I also believe we must pay for our mistakes, and that adversity often brings change. I have a counter proposal..."
21:02 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Let me put Chadwick in a deep and extended sleep. He will dream, and in these dreams he will re-live the last moments of every single person he has ever had a hand in killing through their eyes. Feeling their emotions, their pain, their loss, and their death. Each and everyone of them. When he wakes, if he has learned from his mistakes he can live. If not, I will release him from his mortal coil."
21:03  * Alianna looks toward Nym with an expression that clearly says she's impressed.
21:03 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Accepted."
21:04 < Alianna> "Now THAT sounds like a plan."
21:04 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::nods:: "When you are done with him. Let me know and I will come to collect him."
21:05 < Maydla> "I'm inclined to agree with the new plan as well."
21:07 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::raises an eyebrow at Maydla:: "Perhaps you should inquire after my house's philosophies when you have the time. You may find them agreeable."
21:08  * Maydla nods in acknowledgment
21:09 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Visit the druids in Tennes, they will know where to guide you to find us if you seek us."
21:10 < Maydla> "Thank you."
21:14 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::nods again and with a glance at the others he turns and walks away through the halls::
21:15 < Alderic> "Off to Hemmelhold?"
21:16 < bynw> ::Audric turns to Alderic:: "I have no need to go there just now."
21:22 < Alderic> "What did you mean when you said you where re-born Master Audric?"
21:23 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Today is the first day I have ever met your father. Yet I remember meeting him over 70 years ago."
21:26  * Alianna regards Audric with some interest.
21:29 < bynw> ::Audric closes his eyes:: "I have memories that are not directly my own. But they are mine. They go back for centuries." ::he opens his eyes::
21:34 < Alderic> "Passed on from one to another? A simulacrum?"
21:35 < bynw> "No, simulacrum's are not perfect. I am a clone." ::Audric says::
21:35  * Maydla shows some slight interest in the conversation at hand.
21:37 < Alderic> "Why? Immortality?"
21:42 < bynw> "Not exactly. Each of us are different. Identical in apperance. We share the same memories and thus are similar in outlook but not quite identical. We generally choose our own name. I took the name of the one before me."
21:43 < Alderic> "And you are always the leader in Hemmelhold?"
21:46 < bynw> "Yes. Like a hereditary leader." ::Audric replies::
21:48 < Alderic> "Interesting. Or a reincarnated dictator."
21:50 < Alderic> "And what happens when you return to Hemmelhold, are you still the leader there?"
21:52 < bynw> "I have never stopped being it's leader. But Hemmelhold is not an absolute monarchy. There is a council and other administrators that run the day to day business."
21:59 < Alderic> ::Chuckles:: "I would be careful what you say to my Father. He would not understand."
22:00  * Alianna looks at Alderic with one eyebrow raised.  "What do you mean, he would not understand?  He seems an intelligent man."
22:09 < Alderic> ::Looks to Alianna:: "He is. But he has some strong notions on change and free-will. He opposes anything that stands in the way of either. That would include the idea that one man can stay in power over so many for so long, and that he isn't put in power by the people he guides."
22:09  * Alianna nods.  "I see."
22:11 < Alderic> "We don't see eye to eye. Free-will and elected governments sound good, but the common man need guidance to overcome their more base desires."
22:12  * Alianna grins roguishly.  "This much I figured out on my own, Alderic."
22:13 < bynw> ::Audric:: "But as I said. I am not the same man. Even the Audric Schear he met, that looks like me or I look like him. We are not the same."
22:20 < Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "Hemmelhold has flourished for quite sometime under your guidance. But it hasn't changed much either. Depending on how you look at that it's either a good thing or a bad thing."
22:20  * Alianna looks at Audric, then Alderic, then shrugs in her turn.
22:21 < Alderic> ::Nods to Alianna:: "I'm with her, let's go. I can't wait to see Chadwick again." ::smiles wikedly::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member