20:07 <~bynw> |
20:07 <~bynw> | Adanac's Emperor Jeffery A. Leclerc has summoned
20:07 <~bynw> | to service the protectors of the Empire. The
20:07 <~bynw> | Anadari who's numbers have dwindled sharply
20:07 <~bynw> | since the Portal Plague has ran through the
20:07 <~bynw> | Deryni population. And the Spectral Magicians,
20:07 <~bynw> | long supporters of the Empire even when it
20:07 <~bynw> | did not officially exist. Both powerful in their
20:07 <~bynw> | own rights. And unstopable with a common goal.
20:07 <~bynw> | The Empire is unitied in purpose and design. To
20:07 <~bynw> | send the full weight of Imperial Power in the
20:07 <~bynw> | quest form of an Anadari/Spectral mission. A
20:07 <~bynw> | mission to discover who and what is in control
20:07 <~bynw> | of Kirsh.
20:07 <~bynw> | And Nym has revealed that another Matrix, north
20:07 <~bynw> | of the Glass Desert has been birthed.
20:07 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:08 -!- Sarah [Mibbit@D82662.974088.0EBADF.12A4F4] has joined #teara-adan
20:09 -!- Sarah is now known as Maydla
20:09 <~bynw> ::Emperor:: "Another?" ::he says sitting back, clasping his hands:: "Bring us a map"
20:10 <~bynw> ::an imperial page, comes out with several rolled maps and unrolls one before the Emperor's table before leaving the room::
20:11 <~bynw> ::the Emperor picks up a quill and studies the map::
20:11  * Alianna looks over at the table, reading the map upside down.
20:11 <~bynw> ::the map is of the known world, the quarette as it is called::
20:12 <~bynw> ::the Emperor marks Kirsh, he marks Mariabronn, he marks somewhere north in the sea and he marks across the see where the shoreline of the Mohadine continant lies::
20:14  * Maydla raises an eyebrow at the marks.
20:14 <~bynw> "So there are several of these. A Matrix at Kirsh. A Matrix at Mariabronn. A Matrix wherever you hide your Anadari fabled island stronghold. And rumor has it, one that the Mohadine have."
20:14 <~bynw> ::the Emperor states:: "Just how many more are there?"
20:14  * Alianna looks over at Alderic and Nym.
20:17 <~bynw> ::the Mariabronn King silents picks up the quill and marks the mountains of Einar, the island of Torr, the Glass Desert and the Uthani desert:: "There is a Matrix in each of these locations your Emenance"
20:21 <~bynw> ::the King of Adan looks shaken, all the color has drained from his face, he tries to speak but says nothing::
20:21  * Alianna looks at the map, which is still upside down to her.
20:24 <~bynw> ::the Emperor clasps his hands together again as if in prayer. he looks at the two Kings with him and then looks to Nym::
20:24 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "The prince of Einar controls the one in his kingdom, Master Soltaari controls the one in Torr, I believe the Uthani government controls the one in Utha, and I control the one in the Glass desert."
20:25 < Alderic> "Though the one here in Kirsh is the most powerful of them all."
20:25 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::nods::
20:27  * Alianna nods soberly at that news.
20:27 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::marks the map far to the north of the Glass Desert and the Kingdom of Channist, in the mountains just south of the permafrost:: "This is where the newest one has become active."
20:27 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "In the kingdom of Brennasharr."
20:28 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "I do not know who controls it. But the timing suggests it maybe our enemy."
20:29 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::Looks to the Emperor:: "Though it could be any number of others."
20:29 <~bynw> "As a Florantine. I carry the legacy of both Adan and Valimar, both lines have strong Deryni families and histories. I know that a wards major matrix is a powerful device."
20:31 <~bynw> ::the Emperor begins:: "The warding it creates is unpenatrable by all but the most powerful of magics and master adepts. The power of just one of these" ::he points to one of the X's on the map noting a Matrix location:: "is unfathomable. to have such power ..."
20:31 <~bynw> "You could make yourself the Emperor. And nothing could stop you."
20:32  * Maydla listens intently to the conversation around her, soaking in all the new information.
20:34 <~bynw> ::the Emperor continues:: "To have each of these in the hands of multiple madmen creates a balance of terror. tilt it one way or another. and the world burns."
20:34  * Alianna mindspeaks to Maydla and Alderic.  "Which is just what this Leopold character wants."
20:35 <~bynw> "That is way it took Mariabronn's entry into the war with the Mohadine to win. It was a Matrix verses a Matrix war, just not seen by most ..."
20:36 < Alianna> ::quietly::  "It's a perfect storm."
20:37 < Alderic> "The Starlight war."
20:38 < Alderic> ((star light))
20:40 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Yes."
20:40  * Alianna looks quizzically at Alderic.
20:40 <~bynw> ::the Emperor composes himself:: "The Spectrals are already answering the summons. They are gathering their forces in Montaire. They will meet the Anadari half by the Imperial Gate there before proceeding to Kirsh."
20:42 < Alderic> ::To Alianna, in a whisper:: "The last time all the Matrix's and all the Houses of the Anadari fought it was a war that nearly laid waste to Adan. Leopold was believed to have died on the field. It was named the Star Light war."
20:42  * Alianna nods somberly.
20:48  * Alianna whispers back to Alderic.  "So I was more right than I knew, to call this a perfect storm."
20:56 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Who represents the Spectral order here your majesty?"
20:56 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::looks about the chamber::
20:58 <~bynw> ::the Adanian King:: "I do. As King of Adan, I am automatically a member of the Order."
21:01 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "I know our mental arts options. I would like to hear our arcane options, if any."
21:03 <~bynw> ::Adanian King:: "There will be at least 1 member from each color going on this mission. Some colors, will have more than one member. The choice will be decided by others than myself. They will provide a well covered range of arcane abilities."
21:05 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "A frontal assault?"
21:06 <~bynw> ::Emperor:: "No. This is not an attack against Kirsh. We need to find out who is there only. Then we can plan our next move."
21:08 < Alderic> ::clears his throat:: "Your eminence, respectfully, I disagree."
21:12 <~bynw> ::Emperor:: "You disagree?"
21:13 < Alderic> "Who exactly is there at Kirsh isn't relevant. We know this dark lord, whatever his real name is, is evil and immensely powerful. We know he or she is collecting powerful and evil relics like the Blood Pool and the Matrix's. Does it matter who it is?"
21:15 < Alderic> "We need to know what he or she is planning to do. What is the end game. And we need to gather ALL our allies. Not just the Spectrals and Anadari."
21:17 <~bynw> "And an attack is how we discover what they are planning?"
21:19 < Alderic> "No. I suggest we interrogate the Druid Chadwick."
21:20 <~bynw> ::King of Mariabronn:: "by what methods?"
21:22 < Alianna> "And how?  I thought he was dead for good."
21:25 < Alderic> ::To Alianna:: "He is in stasis in the tower."
21:25 < Alianna> "So we bring him out of stasis for an interrogation, and THEN kill him for good?"
21:26 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "His body could easily be brought to SouthWind or anywhere else for that matter."
21:26 < Alderic> ::sighs:: "There are options as to the method of interrogation."
21:27 < Alderic> ::To the Emperor:: "Your eminence, I do not believe the Anadari are suited to this task."
21:28 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::looks sharply to Alderic, his mouth a-gap::
21:29 <~bynw> ::the Emperor:: "The Anadari's skill in weapons and mental abilities is second to none. And this Matrix seems to be more like a mentalist than anything else."
21:30  * Alianna looks at Alderic, wondering where he is going with his train of thought.
21:32 < Alderic> ::nods:: "I don't doubt the Anadari's skills. Their morality is my concern. Chadwick will not willing give any information. I don't think we can afford to use half measures your eminence." ::his eyebrow raises and he glances at Nym::
21:32  * Alianna continues to look at Alderic, her expression becoming more and more quizzical.
21:33 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::his face concerned:: "Alderic!"
21:36 < Alderic> "I see no reason to spare Chadwick's mind. His crimes warrant death and our needs demand we rip what we need from him, any way we can. I see no need to leave it's mind anything less than a husk."
21:37 < Alderic> "It is the only way to be sure we get what we want from it. Besides it is due justice."
21:37  * Alianna looks first concerned, then contemplative.
21:37 < Alianna> "It's brutal, but it would be effective at getting us the information we want and eliminating the threat."
21:38 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Your eminence, you cannot allow this."
21:39  * Alianna turns to Nym.  "Respectfully, my lord, how many lives has Chadwick already taken?  How many will be spared by mindripping him and executing the shell?"
21:39 <~bynw> ::King of Mariabronn:: "I'm inclined to agree Your Eminence. If we are able to mind-rip him and his knowledge and secrets. We should."
21:39 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "I can enter Chadwicks dreams, or possibly pry open his mind and tease out his secrets. We cannot allow ourselves to use these tactics or we have already lost."
21:40 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "We are fighting for our humanity not just the earth we stand on." ::looks to the Emperor, pleadingly::
21:41 < Alderic> ::Looks to the Emperor purposefully, focused::
21:41 < Alianna> "Look, I'm Deryni too.  Mind-ripping is scary, and if it were anybody but this Chadwick character, I'd be on your side, but I truly think that Alderic's course is the lesser evil."
21:42 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "Chadwick isn't remotely human or Deryni or anything else for that matter. He is a plant."
21:43 < Alianna> "Yes, but he clearly has a mind and it holds secrets we need, and the entity in there has committed some of the most heinous crimes imaginable.  I'm with Alderic.  Mind-rip him to get what we need and acid-burn the remains so he can't regenerate."
21:43 < Alderic> ::To Audric:: "A Dog isn't human, but you don't rip it apart for fun."
21:43 < Alianna> "We're not contemplating this for fun.  It's for necessity."
21:44 < Alianna> "This is nobody's idea of a good time, but in time of battle, you do what you have to in order to come out alive."
21:44 < Alderic> "And so one sentient thing dies in agony. But where is the line? One, Two, Ten, Twenty, a Thousand?"
21:45 < Alianna> ((Alderic:  Are you speaking as you or as Nym now?))
21:45 < Alderic> ((Oops, that should have been Nym))
21:45 < Alianna> "One sentient plant dies in agony, yes, so that how many millions of lives can be spared.  I think it's a fair trade."
21:46 < Alderic> "It's Justice."
21:47 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::Looks sharply to Alderic again, then to the Emperor::
21:47 < Alianna> "It's also cheap, in comparison.  If we don't mind-rip him and get to the bottom of this mystery, the entire Empire and all the people in it could die."
21:48 <~bynw> ::Emperor:: "There is a time and a place to give quater to the enemy. Chadwick's crimes across the Empire and beyond are well known and documented. Since he will not willingly give us the information we need, it will be taken from him by any means ..."
21:50 <~bynw> "... mind-ripping. The very thought of it frightens any sane Deryni. His comfort will be taken into account. There are drugs that can weaken his resolve and allow a skilled adept to wade in without causing undue stress or pain. But there will be some, it is unavoidable."
21:50  * Alianna looks to Audric.  "I guess this means somebody has to go back to Hemmelhold and get him."
21:51 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::hangs his head and shakes it::
21:52 < Alderic> "I know of someone who would be especially well suited to ripping open a plants mind." ::stares at Maydia and raises an eyebrow::
21:53 < Alderic> "With others helping of course." ::continues to stare at Maydia::
21:53  * Alianna shakes her head in the negative.  "No, don't make her do that.  She can probably concoct something to lower his defenses but if somebody has to rip him, I'll do it if need be.  Not her."
21:54 < Alderic> "it wouldn't need to be a Deryni that rips open his mind. Or atleast it wouldn't have to only be."
21:55  * Alianna ndos.  "It's probably a multi-man job anyway."
21:55 < Alianna> *nods
21:55 <~bynw> ::Emperor in Valmari:: "Master Nym. I know how strongly you are for someones freewill. And mind-ripping goes against all you believe in. It is not an easy choice. It harkens back to the days of our ancestors who would use such means on anyone."
21:56  * Alianna looks puzzled as the Emperor speaks in a language she doesn't understand.
21:58 <~bynw> ::The Emperor looks at Alderic and Maydla and back to Alderic:: "No sir. You will not drag that child into this course. Let her keep her hands clean of this deed."
21:59  * Alianna nods in agreement.
21:59 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::in Valmari:: "We all make choices your Eminence."
21:59 -!- Maydla [Mibbit@D82662.974088.0EBADF.12A4F4] has quit [Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client]
22:01 <~bynw> ::Emperor in Valmari:: "And ones like these are the types that Heads of State must make and live with the concequences." ::he sighs::
22:01 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::in cana, a sharp glance to Alderic:: "I will not be a part of this."
22:03  * Alianna looks rather sharply over at Nym Gibran.
22:03 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "I will meet with my allies and rally them to meet with the Spectral Order in Montaire."
22:04 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "Arrangements will have to be made for Chadwick's body and mind to be brought out of statis and delivered wherever the mind-ripping is to take place."
22:04  * Alianna breathes an almost-imperceptible sigh of relief.  For a moment, she had thought that Master Nym was going to wash his hands of the entire endeavour.
22:05  * Alianna turns to Audric.  "Does someone need to return to Hemmelhold to get him?  We can take the Aerie and bring his pod back."
22:06 <~bynw> ::Audric shakes his head:: "That wont be necessary."
22:06 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::Looks about the chamber:: "Go quietly. This meeting was being watched by someone when we started."
22:06 < Alianna> "So how is his body going to be delivered?  Is Hemmelhold itself headed this way?"
22:07 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "leave that to me captain."
22:07  * Alianna shrugs.  "All right."
22:07  * Alianna looks to Nym, wondering what he is talking about.
22:11 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "I've warded this room, but he is listening none the less."
22:11 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "I do not know how to stop him or her."
22:14 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Master Audric please use mind speech if your going to tell anyone your plans."
22:14 <~bynw> ::Emperor:: "That is impossible. These chambers have been warded for centuries. They cannot be easedropped upon by any means."
22:16 <~bynw> !df 4
22:16 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)(+)(+)
22:18 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Nothing is impossible your Eminence."
22:21 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::Closes his eyes and seems to be concentrating::
22:23 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Someone or thing is sending something out." ::opens his eyes and looks towards Audric::
22:33 <~bynw> ::Audric looks a bit surprised:: "Pretty impressive. The arrangements have started to bring Chadwick. Just need a safe place to do it."
22:35 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Some thing or one is sending something out from there." ::Points at Audric::
22:36  * Alianna raises one eyebrow and looks first at Nym and then toward Audric.
22:36 < Alderic> ::Looks to Audric::
22:36 < Alderic> ??anyone near Audric??
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member