20:08 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:08 <~bynw> |
20:08 <~bynw> | Adanac has a new Emperor. The Florantine
20:08 <~bynw> | President, Jeffery A. Leclerc. A lean man in
20:08 <~bynw> | his mid 40's, below average height so others
20:08 <~bynw> | around him appear to be taller. His red curly
20:08 <~bynw> | hair is a prominate feature. He will be Emperor
20:08 <~bynw> | for the next 3 1/2 years until his Presidential
20:08 <~bynw> | term of office in Flora runs out.
20:08 <~bynw> | He is well aware of the dangers of Kirsh and has
20:08 <~bynw> | called into service a joint expedition by the
20:08 <~bynw> | Empire's protectors, the Order of Spectral
20:08 <~bynw> | Magicians and the former protectors, the Anadari
20:08 <~bynw> | Knights. These powerful forces will investigate
20:08 <~bynw> | Kirsh and report back as to who or what caused
20:08 <~bynw> | Kirsh to come back.
20:08 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:13  * Alianna looks around at the people in the Senate chamber.
20:14 <~bynw> ::the Senate chamber below is filled with the chiefs of state of most of the member states of the Empire. Presidents, Princes and Kings and thier alternate delegates, who vote on most of the issues save for electing an Emperor::
20:16 <~bynw> ::the gallerys around the chamber of filled to capacity, hundreds of on lookers to see the new Emperor and to see and hear his first words::
20:19 <~bynw> ::Emperor Jeffery Leclerc, is a man of few words. No lengthy speech for him as he assumes the mantel of leadership of the Adanac Empire. He calls to have the commission issued immediantly::
20:21  * Madyla rolls her shoulders, attempting to ease the tension in the muscles.
20:23 < Alderic> ::Looks to Madyla:: "Perhaps you could find who is choosing the Anadari that are being dispatched and see if we could tag along?"
20:24  * Alianna regards Madyla and makes a similar movement.
20:26 < Alderic> ::chin in hand he seems lost in thought for a moment::
20:26 < Alianna> "You couldn't ask your father or grandfather, Alderic?"
20:27 < Alderic> "That I could. I imagine one of them is here. Let's risk a small spell, eh?"
20:28 <~bynw> ::the Senate Chamberlain:: "The Emperor has spoken. And all of Adananc agrees. The summon has been made, they will come and the truth will be learned. Please, good people dispurse now." ::he calls out making a waving gesture with his hands::
20:33  * Alianna looks around to see if anybody is actually dispersing.
20:34 <~bynw> ::some of the people are attempting to leave but the galleries are too packed it will take some time::
20:34  * Madyla mirrors Alianna's movements
20:34  * Alianna mind-speaks to Madyla and Alderic.  "Should we leave, too?"
20:35  * Madyla looks to Alderic inquisitively.
20:35 < Alderic> ::passes his hand over his eyes, afterwards his eyes glow black. Like two amorphous pools of nothingness::
20:35  * Alianna raises her eyebrows.
20:36  * Madyla raises just one eyebrow and tenses once again
20:36 < Alderic> "One moment my dear." ::his head swivels back and forth and he seems to be looking into, or through the crowd::
20:39 < Alderic> ::Nods and then passes his hand over his eyes again, and again they are the yellow iris they normally are:: "My father is that way" ::Points towards the emperor::
20:39 < Alderic> "He is here."
20:40  * Madyla to Alderic: "You are just full of nifty little surprises, aren't you?"
20:41 < Alderic> "Follow me." ::Begins pushing his way through the crowd, again making headway using his size and stature to intimidate his way::
20:41  * Alianna laughs at Madyla.
20:41  * Alianna follows Madyla and Alderic.
20:41 < Alderic> ::Looks back to Madyla:: "I've more tricks than a clowns pocket my dear." ::smiles::
20:42  * Madyla smiles and follows closely in Alderic's wake.
20:43 <~bynw> ::the galleries do not connect the senate floor but do encircle it from above. to reach the senate floor one would have to exit the galleries and attempt to pass the imperial guards::
20:52 < Alderic> ::Exits the galleries, heading for the entrance to the senate floor and the imperial guards.:: "This way."
20:55 < Alderic> ::Leads them to a group of Imperial guards near the doorway to the senate floor. Next to them stands his Father Nym Gibran.::
20:55 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::waves them over::
20:56  * Madyla takes a deep breath and tries not to be tense.
20:57 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::embraces Alderic::
20:58  * Alianna stands quietly.
20:58 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::steps back and bows at the neck to Alianna and Madyla::
20:58  * Alianna inclines her head toward the Anadari Master.
20:59 <~bynw> ::Audric looks at Nym::
21:00 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::extends his hand to Audric with a smile, his eyebrow raised in a fashion exactly like his son:: "Master Audric. This is a surprise."
21:01 <~bynw> ::Audric takes Nym's hand:: "More than you know actually."
21:01  * Madyla clears her throat uncomfortably and mimmicks Alianna
21:04 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::Smiles at Madyla:: "Anadari Madyla, Alderic informed me you've helped bring down the insane Druid Chadwick?"
21:05 < Madyla> To Nym Gibran: "You are correct, I was merely an assistant."
21:05 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Incredible."
21:06 < Madyla> Madyla to Nym Gibran: "Thank you."
21:07 < Madyla> Madyla to Nym Gibran: "I was not alone, Alianna and Alderic had equal parts."
21:07  * Alianna coughs to cover a laugh at Madyla's attempt to get out of the spotlight, as it were.
21:09  * Madyla has a slight eye twitch.
21:09 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "a mere assistant that actually pulled the druid out of his ressurection pod. at least that was Hagen's report."
21:09  * Madyla blushes furiously.
21:09 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "your affinity with plants is extraordinary. I've never heard of it's like. Visit me in Tennes someday. I would like to introduce you to the Druids there. They are the largest group this far to the north and I know they would be excited to meet you."
21:11 < Madyla> Madyla smiles. "I appreciate that. I would like to visit very much, I like to learn as much as I can."
21:11  * Alianna watches Madyla squirm, simultaneously amused and sympathetic.
21:11  * Madyla shoots a dark almost helpless look in Alianna's direction.
21:12  * Alianna makes a grimace, trying not to smile.
21:15 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::nods to Madyla and address Alianna:: "And you have recently been granted an airship from Hemmelhold?"
21:15  * Alianna smiles.  "Yes, I have.  Still learning to fly her well."
21:16  * Madyla visibly relaxes.
21:17  * Alianna grins over at Alderic.  "Obviously you communicate with your father a good bit."
21:18  * Madyla "Indeed."
21:19 < Alderic> ::Shakes his head:: "No. the distances are too great most times. But Anadari can communicate very fast through a mental link. I've a bit of practice with my father that can make it go a bit faster still."
21:19 < Alianna> "Ah."
21:22 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::to the group:: "I've been raised to head of the Anadari Master's council and as the emperor has called for our help I was about to speak with him. Would you all like to join me?"
21:23 < Alianna> "Sure."
21:24 < Madyla> "I'm game if they are."
21:25 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::Looks to the Imperial Guards:: "These people are with me and my responsibility. Please lead the way."
21:26 <~bynw> ::the Imperial Guards allow Nym and the others to pass through the doors::
21:27 <~bynw> ::at the end of the hall are 2 more guards who open a secret door pannel allowing the group to enter the room::
21:29 <~bynw> ::but this is not the floor of the senate, but a more casual setting of the Emperor's office, where several other heads of state are within the room ... Adan's current King, Mariabronn's King, the King of the Crystal Islands as well is there and the Emperor himself::
21:35 <~bynw> ::the Emperor rises and crosses the room to greet Nym, taking Nym's hands in both of his:: "Welcome Baron Kes. We are indeed honored that you have come."
21:35  * Alianna raises her eyebrows at Nym's welcome.
21:37 <~bynw> ::Emperor speaking in Valmari to Nym:: "It is good to see one of our own finally achiving the honor of leading the Anadari Council"
21:37  * Alianna waits patiently as the Emperor speaks in a language she doesn't understand.
21:38 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::takes the Emperor's hands with a broad smile and responds in flawless Valmarian:: "Thank you your Majesty, it is an honor to be here. The Anadari are at the service of the empire as always and I am at yours."
21:40 <~bynw> ::Emperor switching back to Cana:: "We have called your Order back into service Master Gibran. Strange things are happening at Kirsh and answers are needed. The Anadari and the Spectrals shall goto Kirsh and discover what has happened there."
21:45 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Your majesty, my son and his companions have been investigating events involved in Kirsh for sometime now. They have captured the criminal druid Chadwick. With your permission could they address the council here?"
21:45  * Alianna looks a bit alarmed at the prospect of addressing the council.
21:46  * Madyla gulps audibly and shares a look with Alianna.
21:46 <~bynw> ::the Emperor gives his nod of approval::
21:47  * Alianna looks helplessly over at Alderic.
21:48  * Madyla shifts uneasily as she looks from Alianna to Alderic with slightly wide eyes.
21:48 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::steps back and makes way for the others::
21:49 < Alderic> ::Steps forward and bows deeply to the assembled crowd::
21:50  * Alianna bows her upper body in an awkward imitation of Alderic's courtly movement.
21:51  * Madyla bows as well, not wanting to be awkward but cannot help being so.
21:51 < Alderic> "Alderic Gibran, prince of Torr. These are my friends." ::motions to each in turn to introduce themselves::
21:51  * Alianna looks briefly alarmed, and then clears her throat.  "Captain Alianna Rudhira, late of the Aenor and now of the Aerie."
21:52 <~bynw> ::the Adanian King smiles at the captain, recognizing the name of her first ship::
21:53  * Madyla gulps.
21:53 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "I am Audric Schear, Govenor-General of the Arrin independant city-state of Hemmelhold"
21:58 < Alderic> ::look to Madyla::
21:59 < Madyla> Madyla: "I am Madyla DaLion, an apprentice Anadari."
22:00 <~bynw> ::Emperor:: "An odd bunch I would say." ::he pauses:: "What do you purpose Lord Alderic"
22:02 < Alderic> ::Nods:: "We believe there is a central power behind Chadwick and many of the darker deeds of the last century. This person was referred to by one of Chadwick's loyalists as 'The Dark Lord'."
22:03 < Alderic> "We believe further that this Dark Lord is the one that has activated the Matrix in Kirsh...."
22:04 < Alderic> ::Takes a pause and a breath:: "And we have reason to believe he is none other than Leopold himself."
22:05 < Alderic> ::Pauses to wait for his words to sink in::
22:06  * Madyla sighs silently.
22:06  * Alianna tenses.
22:07 <~bynw> ::King of Adan:: "That is impossible. He is long dead and forgotten. May he burn in Hell."
22:07 <~bynw> ::the King of the Crystal Islands says nothing, while sipping his wine::
22:08 <~bynw> ::King of Mariabronn:: "I have heard these rumors myself, from sources I trust. What proof do you have?"
22:14 < Alderic> "The Lich Kcor Resal spoke of it to the Anadari Council. But look at the facts...."
22:18 < Alderic> "This Dark Lord is has been searching for Artifacts of power from ages long past, starting with the Bloodpool. Who else but someone of that age would know so much about these artifacts. He has awakened the Matrix at Kirsh, a feat no Anadari known today could do. And he has created this Druid Chadwick from a plant. If it is not Leopold it is someone of surpassing power and knowledge. Why would Kcor lie?"
22:20 < Alderic> "Kcor said Leopold was reaching for Lichdom."
22:20  * Madyla settles slightly, listening to Alderic speak to the council at large.
22:21  * Alianna rolls her shoulders slightly and wills herself to relax.
22:22 <~bynw> ::The King of the Crystal Islands excuses himself and leaves through another door::
22:22 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran "Where is he going?"
22:22  * Madyla follows the movement with her eyes, then lightly nudges Alianna.
22:24  * Alianna also follows the movement and looks over at Madyla when she nudges.
22:24 <~bynw> ::The King of Adan:: "This is indeed grave news. The Spectrals will answer your call your Eminence."
22:24  * Madyla mindspeaks to Alianna: "That was shifty..."
22:24  * Alianna mindspeaks back.  "Yes, indeed."
22:26 <~bynw> ::King of Mariabronn:: "If the chief 'apprentice' of Latem Yveah said it is Leopold. Then Leopold it is ... and we are all in great danager. He is not seeking to be a Lich but somethig for more powerful."
22:31 <~bynw> ::the Emperor:: "Leopold will seek to become a false god. to be worshiped."
22:32 <~bynw> ::the Emperor:: "I have studied my peoples history."
22:33 < Alderic> *Nym Gibran ::Looks off at the south wall of the chamber as if he sees something there:: "Another Matrix has awakened. To the north of the Glass Desert."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member