[20:14] <~bynw> |
[20:14] <~bynw> |     Session 59 - Imperial Dreams
[20:14] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[20:14] <~bynw> | Elden has gone to get ready to
[20:14] <~bynw> | investigate the cause of the "missing"
[20:14] <~bynw> | psychic blocking artifact that floats
[20:14] <~bynw> | high above in the sky like Hemmelhold.
[20:14] <~bynw> | The conversation has turned to which
[20:14] <~bynw> | Matrix will be used for what part of
[20:14] <~bynw> | plant. Some must be used to distract
[20:15] <~bynw> | the Deever Matrix while 2 must be
[20:15] <~bynw> | given to Alderic so his challenge to
[20:15] <~bynw> | Leopold is not taken lightly or
[20:15] <~bynw> | simply dismissed as a jest.
[20:15] <~bynw> |
[20:15] <~bynw> | Temere speaks for the absent Elden.
[20:15] <~bynw> | Stating that his Matrix will be one
[20:15] <~bynw> | of the two that will be used by
[20:15] <~bynw> | Alderic.
[20:15] <~bynw> | And Alderic requests that the Matrix
[20:15] <~bynw> | of Torr joins with Elden's to be used
[20:15] <~bynw> | in the direct confrontation of Leopold.
[20:15] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[20:15] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:24] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "If there aren't any objections to Alderic's request. I think we can go ahead with that plan."
[20:24] * Alianna sits back and observes.
[20:26] <Alderic> "How many Matrix's does that leave to assault the one in Deever?"
[20:27] <~bynw> ::Temere looks around and back to Alderic:: "You will have mine and Elden's. I think 2 is enough to make it worth Leopold's while without looking like we are attempting to bait him into a trap."
[20:29] <Alderic> "Then once Elden returns we can discuss how we will assault Kirsh."
[20:30] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "So that would leave us with 3 others to use against Deever. And then we must have a plan for Kirsh as well. Otherwise we will probably not succeed."
[20:33] <Alderic> "Then why not two for Deever and three with me? We need not tell Leopold we have three, only show him the two to make our challenge."
[20:34] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "You will not need to show him you have any. He will be able to sense it."
[20:34] <Alianna> "That sounds ominous at best."
[20:35] <Alderic> "Can we not hide them?"
[20:37] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Of course you can hide them from others. Hiding it from an Adept or ill trained mindwalker would be easy. But hiding it from another trained Matrix holder, that would be far more difficulty."
[20:40] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Elden and I will bridge you into control one at a time. It may be over several days. It is even more daunting of a task than just a psychic awakening."
[20:42] <Alderic> ::Nods::
[20:45] <Alderic> "Then we wait for Elden."
[20:46] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Yes we will have to wait for Elden. It will be several hours yet that he said he would be able to teleport to the artifact."
[20:47] <Alderic> "Then I suggest we practice while we wait, I'll need all I can get."
[20:48] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "I believe that Elden talked to you about some terms you could use to leverage your claim."
[20:52] <Alderic> "Yes, some ties to the land through our bloodline. As I understand it Valmari traditionalist are proud, but also pragmatic. I intend to undercut Leopold's political power as well by publically denouncing him as a losing option...."
[20:53] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "The island that has been established as "New Valimar" does actually belong to my mother's family. I as it's living immediate heir can deed it as I see fit. I will choose to have it given to you through your mother. As she doesn't inherit anything in Torr."
[20:53] <Alderic> ::Nods::
[20:55] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Being your mother's son. You are a Prince in Torr as she is a Princess. But in Torr neither of you have dynastic rights. The Royal line is even stronger than you realize."
[20:58] <Alderic> "I intend to challenge Leopold's ability to lead Valimar away from repeating it's previous fate. He is once again pitting Valimar against the world with his actions. A losing strategy, as history proves. I'll need to make the challenge in front of as many Valmarian's as possible. Any notions?"
[20:59] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Tara's birth parents. Two full blooded Black Dragons. Were killed by Leopold many centuries ago. Because they stood in the way of Valimar's formation. They ruled part of the area that became Valimar. Thus you have another line of succession to the Valimarian Throne."
[21:01] <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "Make your challege at a formal Court apperance. He will have to show himself in some way there in front of his people."
[21:03] <Alderic> ::nods to Ibly:: "Where is the Court and does LEopold ever even attend?"
[21:05] <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "I would assume he holds court in whatever passes as a palace in New Valimar. Far too cold for my liking. As King he has to attend."
[21:07] <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "The Lady Alianna could take you there in her ship of course."
[21:09] <Alderic> ::Now that would be a grand entrance. And sure to catch attention. I like it."
[21:13] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "And if you really want to show your authority ... you can send what you see to everyone on the island through the Matrix. They can resist of course if they like, but you could force it."
[21:17] <Alderic> ::Shakes his head negatively:: "No, I don't want the first thing these people see of me to be an intrusive mind speech attempt."
[21:18] <~bynw> ::Maylda:: "Such power in anyone's hands could lead to much evil."
[21:18] <Alderic> ::shrugs:: "Define evil."
[21:20] <~bynw> ::Maylda:: "Promoting yourself over others."
[21:21] <Alderic> "Like promoting ourselves over Leopold?"
[21:23] <~bynw> ::Maylda sits and thinks for a while not saying anything::
[21:23] <Alderic> ::Smiles:: "I mean I do understand the essence of what you are saying, I only mean to say it is rarely that easy to define. Often the actions we do are a mix of both good and evil; rarely are they only one or the other."
[21:25] <Alderic> "The Valmarian's will see what we plan here and now very differently than we will. I cannot be their king if I can not see that."
[21:30] <Alderic> "I see potential in Valimarian philosophy. But under Leopold it's twisted in the same way the teaching of the Anadari are twisted by the dark hand. Under the right leadership it could be something different entirely."
[21:33] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "May you get that opportunity. I think you will make a good King."
[21:35] <Alderic> "I think that is 'Good', I suppose. But I have no regret in the least that I will murder Leopold to do it. I will snatch his life, fate willing, and will spend no time looking back on it." ::raises an eyebrow and looks about at the other's reactions::
[21:36] <Alderic> "Perhaps A good king and a wise king are two entirely different things?"
[21:37] <Alderic> "Or more a good man, and a wise king may be two different things."
[21:38] <~bynw> ::Ibly who does have a slight smile:: "I believe that is what he meant. A "good" king does what needs to be done. Including meeting out High Justice when it is required. Sometimes in "cold blood"."
[21:40] <Alderic> ::Nods and smiles at Ibly::
[21:41] <Alderic> "Then let's hope I don't end up with my head on the end of Leopold's Star Sword::
[21:43] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "If that happens, he will have doubled the Matrix count he currently controls. And we wont have another shot at taking him down. It will be damage control at that point. Attempting to stop the worse of the bleeding of the world."
[21:44] <Alderic> ::chuckles:: "No pressure."
[21:45] <Alderic> "He will cheat. It's a given. Any ideas on the likely ways?"
[21:49] <~bynw> ::Temere again speaks up:: "He will attempt to make any fight weighted in his favor as much as possible. Limiting weapons that he wont abide by at all when it comes down to it. Even the timing and place of combat may give him the advantage."
[21:51] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "When you challenge him. He will have the right to refuse such challenge, but then you win the claim be default. He will have the right to choose the time and the place of the challenge. This will be to his advantage to postpone it to a time and place of his choosing. Your only option is to demand satisfaction then and now."
[21:53] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "Then I must push him into it by appealing to his subjects in his court, in front of him. He will not fall for attacks to his pride, but he may fear loosing his grip on the hearts and minds of his people."
[21:54] <Alderic> "If I make him look afraid or weak in front of his subjects it may give him pause."
[21:56] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "He may also attempt to refuse the challenge based on the fact that you are not an Anadari. If he wins that argument, the challenge is nulled as if it was never made. Many non Anadari attempt to challege Anadari it is a challenge they do have the right to refuse without consiquence. Which is why we have everything else bloodwise for the challenge."
[21:57] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "Challenge his right to rule, not his Anadari morality."
[21:59] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "And because there are 2 members of the Anadari Council here who also happen to be the 2 highest ranking members of the Council. Master Gibran. Do you say that Alderic Gibran is hearby open to formal challenge by any Anadari as if he were an Anadari?"
[22:00] <Alderic> *Nym* ::Nods slowly:: "Of course. He has a blood feud to settle after all."
[22:01] <Alderic> "Can I put my staff in the same place as the spear? If Leopold sees me without weapons he may think he can hold advantage by insisting on weapons."
[22:01] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Before you challenge Leopold. We will have enough of the other members of the Council to go along with the exception. And then he cannot use that against you in any way."
[22:03] <~bynw> ::Maylda:: "I am young, but I have seen enough duels, just for training use of course. He is Anadari. He will automatically insist on having his Star Sword."
[22:04] <Alderic> "Hopefully you are right."
[22:06] <Alderic> "He may phase shift as you do." ::gestures to Nym:: "What then?"
[22:10] <~bynw> ::the doors open as Elden walks in. His attire has changed. He is now in strange looking leathers. High laced boots, trousers and jacket and even gloves. He carries with him a floating disc containing a large metal helm, metal pack, and a vest full of tools. Some can only be guessed at:: "You do the same"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member