[20:13] <~bynw> |
[20:13] <~bynw> |     Session 56 - Imperial Dreams
[20:13] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[20:13] <~bynw> | At the Library of Torr, Alianna and
[20:13] <~bynw> | Ibly discuss the future and past while
[20:13] <~bynw> | waiting for the others to reassemble
[20:13] <~bynw> | and call the Council back to order.
[20:13] <~bynw> | Elden resumes his training of Alderic
[20:13] <~bynw> | prepairing him for the battle to come
[20:13] <~bynw> | with Leopold.
[20:13] <~bynw> | The others have completed the
[20:13] <~bynw> | preparations for Alderic's empowerment
[20:13] <~bynw> | ritual and are waiting for his return.
[20:13] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[20:13] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:13] <~bynw> :: LOCATION - Great Library of Torr ::
[20:15] <~bynw> ::on the balcony Ibly's features return to their normal human appearance as he turns back to the view overlooking the bay:: "My people always use trusted men to come here instead of ourselves. For good reason."
[20:16] * Alianna nods a bit apprehensively.  "Yes."
[20:18] <~bynw> ::he turns back to her:: "If I was anyone else, you would unfortunately be dead at this point. Loss of control can happen at anytime for my people. It is why we generally do not seek the company of others."
[20:19] * Alianna nods again.  "I can understand that."
[20:23] <~bynw> "I think though you would enjoy your stay in Einar. You would have my protection of course."
[20:25] <Alianna> "Could you guarantee my crew would be unharmed?  I would not danger the people who trust me to lead them and who have covered my arse more times than I care to count."
[20:25] <Alianna> *would not ENdanger
[20:26] <~bynw> :: LOCATION CHANGE - Elden's underground sanctuary ::
[20:26] <~bynw> :: Alderic is talking with Elden though the 'scrying glass' he was given earlier ::
[20:27] <Alderic> "Good...uh morning, perhaps, Elden. How are you feeling?"
[20:29] <~bynw> "I am awake" ::he says with the red lines of scars where the metal net was connected to his skull, though mostly covered by hair:: "How was your training?"
[20:32] <Alderic> "Not nearly as harrowing as your day it seems. I'm curious, how can I say this gently; you seemed a bit off in the meeting when you unveiled your...modifications. Where they effecting you?"
[20:34] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Not at all. It was a drastic measure for a drastic time. But I think we can do far better now with you as the Champion. I as I have no legitimate claim to challenge Leopold and you have several."
[20:39] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Temere's mother holds the deeds to the lands Valimar is being reborn on. So those lands could pass through Temere to his adopted children and then to you. Since Temere's birth children will have no interest in the lands as they inherit Torr."
[20:40] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "You are of royal blood. You are a Prince."
[20:41] <Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow at Eldens words:: "Interesting. I envisioned the people of Valimar being too pragmatic to put too much stock in such things. Have i miscalculated?"
[20:41] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Temere once had a residence and worked for Valimar's government."
[20:43] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "And more importantly. Your mother's birth parents. The black dragons that were killed by 'adventurers'. Lived in the original Valimar regions, near the coast where it is warm and a bit swampy. That makes you almost a native Valimarian."
[20:45] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "These are all things to legitimitize your claim to the throne of Valimar."
[20:46] <~bynw> ::the image of Elden flickers as he moves abit:: "I'm getting up and that's final" ::he says to someone unseen in Arrinic::
[20:47] <Alderic> ::smiles::
[20:48] <Alderic> "I'll have to win before I can claim anything Master Elden"
[20:48] <~bynw> ::the image flickers again and vanishes::
[20:51] <Alderic> ::Rolls his eyes:: "Still mysterious even when scryed."
[20:52] <~bynw> ::There is a knock at the door to Alderic's quarters a few minutes later::
[20:52] <Alderic> ::Cross the room and opens the door::
[20:56] <~bynw> ::Elden is standing there::
[20:56] <Alderic> ::Smiles:: "Greetings Elden, please come in." ::steps aside for him to enter::
[20:57] <Alderic> "I was trying to research anything that might prepare me for the duel before you appeared."
[20:59] <~bynw> "Leopold will cheat and use any means necessary to reach his goal. He will not care about rules." ::Elden says::
[21:02] <Alderic> "That tells me some, but not enough. Everyone has patterns and every pattern has a weakness."
[21:08] <Alderic> "How is he likely to break the rules?"
[21:09] <~bynw> "He will agree to anything you want in a combat and then ignore it of course."
[21:11] <Alderic> "Best not to make any rules beyond the traditional then."
[21:12] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "And he will betray those as well."
[21:14] <Alderic> "And the people who follow him do not care?"
[21:19] <~bynw> "He rules by fear and intimidation for those that are weaker. And for those that seek power, glory, and the like. He gives them what they want."
[21:19] * Sarah (Mibbit@D82662.974088.0EBADF.594BF3) has joined #teara-adan
[21:19] * Sarah is now known as Maydla
[21:21] <Alderic> "An interesting mix. Many of those will not want to follow me."
[21:24] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Of course you do have one more bit of motivation for challenging Leopold. Since he was the leader of the adventuring party that killed Tara's natural parents."
[21:35] <~bynw> ::Elden turns back to the door and opens it:: "We will leave in 6 hours to rejoin the others."
[21:35] <Alderic> "No more training?"
[21:38] <~bynw> "You have all the training you need. Your new skills will be very natural and come when needed."
[21:40] <Alderic> "Besides the two languages have you taught me more?"
[21:42] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Yes. The main reason for the training was the use of the javelin so you can prevent Leopold from 'body hoping' when his physical form is destroyed."
[21:46] <Alderic> ::nods:: "Lead the way, time for us to get back to the others then."
[21:48] <~bynw> :: LOCATION CHANGE -- Torr, chambers being prepared by Nym, Temere, D'nar and Maylda for an empowerment ritual ::
[21:49] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "I think we are all set here Master Gibran. But I think you will need to take Maydla under your wing more. She hasn't been involved in a common empowerment ritual before. Unless I'm mistaken" ::he gives Maydla as smile::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member