[20:08] <bynw> *     Session 69 - Imperial Dreams
[20:08] <bynw> *
[20:08] <bynw> ****************************************
[20:08] <bynw> * It is the King's 7th day on the throne
[20:08] <bynw> * of Valimar. Craftsmen have been
[20:08] <bynw> * working around the clock to complete
[20:08] <bynw> * the task of carving a new throne out
[20:08] <bynw> * of the skull of the slain red dragon.
[20:08] <bynw> * And they are nearly finished.
[20:08] <bynw> * The gore of the dragon killing has
[20:08] <bynw> * been removed from the main hall. And
[20:08] <bynw> * once again it has become the King's
[20:08] <bynw> * audience chamber. Although King
[20:08] <bynw> * Alderic does not yet sit on his
[20:08] <bynw> * grand new throne, a nice one is in
[20:08] <bynw> * place before it.
[20:08] <bynw> * Here administrators continue their
[20:08] <bynw> * work of seeing the Kingdom through
[20:08] <bynw> * its day to day activities. Advising
[20:08] <bynw> * the King on matters and seeking his
[20:08] <bynw> * Royal hand on others.
[20:08] <bynw> * All but 1 or 2 of the nobles have
[20:08] <bynw> * arrived. And the others are en route
[20:08] <bynw> * even now. The Royal Council should
[20:08] <bynw> * meet by noon on the next day.
[20:08] <bynw> ****************************************
[20:11] <bynw> ::servants are busy preparing the palace for lords who have already arrived and for those that are yet to come. the council chamber is also being cleaned and readied for the coming meeting::
[20:12] <Alderic> ::sits his throne listening to parishioners from the kingdom::
[20:14] <bynw> ::again merchants have come before the King asking when the security will be lifted so they may leave harbor. the more days they stay the more money they loose in the time.::
[20:18] <Alderic> ::Looks to Alianna:: "Admiral?"
[20:19] <Alianna> "Yes, Your Majesty?"
[20:20] <Alderic> "Have you formulated a plan to search and clear the merchants ships for departure?"
[20:22] <Alianna> "I need to find some more trustworthy troops to conduct the search, since doing it all myself or even having my crew do it is impractical, but yes, as soon as I have found enough trustworthy people to conduct the searches."
[20:26] <bynw> ::Elden:: "Perhaps I can assist the Admiral. Are we simply looking for stowaways or recent crew additions?"
[20:26] <Alianna> "Anything suspicious, basically."
[20:27] <Alderic> ::sighs:: "The Merchants have mercenaries, guards and thugs. Let's round those up into a small group and have them check each others ships under the admirals watchful eye."
[20:28] <Alderic> "None of them will likely save another merchant from being found to harbor Leopold's loyalists."
[20:29] <bynw> ::Elden:: "Conscript them all for a few and that should take care of itself"
[20:29] <Alderic> "Make sure none of the crew check the ships they are hired on to, only compeditors ships."
[20:30] <Alderic> ::Nods::
[20:33] * Alianna nods.  "Makes sense.
[20:33] <Alianna> "
[20:38] <bynw> ::administrator:: "Sire. All of the Lords are present and have been housed in the palace. Except for Lord Daniel and Lord Jason. They should be arriving by evening."
[20:40] <Alderic> "Assemble them in the thrown room tomorrow morning. I will be addressing them."
[20:42] <bynw> ::the administrator nods before leaving::
[20:43] <bynw> ::the task for the Admiral takes several hours to complete. each ship's guards are used to check another until all have been checked. by midday the task is completed::
[20:44] * Alianna supervises the searches sternly.
[20:47] <Alderic> ::Continues hearing parishioners awaiting the admirals return::
[20:57] * Alianna reports to Alderic after the searches have been conducted.
[20:58] <Alderic> "No one?"
[20:59] <Alderic> ::Chuckles:: "Woops."
[21:00] <Alderic> ::To the Administrator:: "Send the merchants on their way."
[21:03] <bynw> ::the administrator nods and goes to issue the order in the King's name::
[21:07] <bynw> ::the palace is again becoming drafty and cold ... the charge to the orbs is beginning to wane::
[21:08] <Alderic> "No more parishioners for the day. I must attend to the heat."
[21:09] <Alderic> "I will re-convene in the morning when the lords are assembled and ready to swear their vows of fealty."
[21:15] <bynw> :: the morning has come and the Lord of Valimar have been assembled into the throne room. The hall is packed with various people to witness the Kings oaths::
[21:17] <Alderic> ::Enters the throne room, looking stern and well manicured::
[21:18] <Alderic> ::Takes the throne:: "Thank you all for coming. I know some of you have come far and all of you are busy men and women."
[21:20] <bynw> ::all of the Lords appear to be men save for the King's own appointed Admiral::
[21:21] * Alianna stands off to Alderic's side.
[21:27] <bynw> ::Lord Daniel comes up first before the King and bows:: "My Lord. We are pleased that Valimar has herself a noble King once more and we are honored to be in your service"
[21:27] <Alderic> "I have brought you all here to have you swear your oaths of Fealty to me. The old king is in disfavor and I intend to make changes here in Valimar. Under Leopold Valimar served to bring him glory and advance his agenda. I intend a different tact."
[21:30] <Alderic> "I will serve to bring Valimar's glory. That is my agenda...."
[21:31] <Alderic> "But first I must wipe clean the old guard, those who's loyalty lies with Leopold above Valimar." ::his eyes fall to Lord Daniel::
[21:38] <bynw> ::Lord Daniel bows:: "Forgive me your Majesty for speaking out of turn. I was overcome with joy."
[21:44] <Alderic> ::His eyes on Lord Daniel:: "Scribes, write this down....Repeat what I say. Exactly as I say Lord Daniel." ::emphasis on the last:: "I stand before you and swear my house's and mine own loyalty to the nation of New Valimar and it's new monarch, King Alderic. I renounce it's former king, Leopold and any and all loyalty to him as well for all time as does my house. I swear to obey you, King Alderic, as my new monarch and put my house
[21:44] <Alderic> and myself in your service as a Lord of New Valimar.  I swear these things before you and my peers of my own free will without the intent to decieve you or the nation of Valimar." ::using the full power of the Matrix Alderic begins to truth-read Lord Daniel, without even attempting to cover it::
[21:45] <Alderic> "Make your oath Lord Daniel"
[21:46] <bynw> ::Lord Daniel makes his oath::
[21:46] <bynw> "I stand before you and swear my house's and mine own loyalty to the nation of New Valimar and it's new monarch, King Alderic. I renounce it's former king, Leopold and any and all loyalty to him as well for all time as does my house. I swear to obey you, King Alderic, as my new monarch and put my house and myself in your service as a Lord of New Valimar.  I swear these things before you and my peers of my own free will without the intent
[21:46] <bynw>  to decieve you or the nation of Valimar."
[21:49] <Alderic> ::Smiles and nods to Lord Daniel:: "Lord Daniel. I thank you and your house for your pledge and welcome you into my service. Your vow is accepted with honor." ::dismisses him::
[21:51] <Alderic> ::To the guards:: "Any lord attempting to leave before his vows are accepted is to be arrested. See to it."
[21:51] <bynw> ::Lord Shawn comes forward to give his oath to the king::
[21:51] <Alderic> ::To the Scribes:: "Take note of every lord that makes his vows, inform me of any that have not made them today."
[21:52] <bynw> "I stand before you and swear my house's and mine own loyalty to the nation of New Valimar and it's new monarch, King Alderic. I renounce it's former king, Leopold and any and all loyalty to him as well for all time as does my house. I swear to obey you, King Alderic, as my new monarch and put my house and myself in your service as a Lord of New Valimar.  I swear these things before you and my peers of my own free will without the intent
[21:52] <bynw>  to decieve you or the nation of Valimar."
[21:54] <Alderic> ::Smiles and nods to Lord Shawn:: "Lord Shawn. I thank you and your house for your pledge and welcome you into my service. Your vow is accepted with honor." ::dismisses him::
[21:55] <bynw> ::Lord Jason comes forward::
[21:56] <bynw> ::And he is followed by Lords Alan and Justin. All give there oath to the king::
[21:56] <Alderic> ::All oaths that pass the truth sense are greeted in kind::
[21:57] <Alderic> ??how many lords here round about??
[21:58] <bynw> ::the last is the only prelate of Valimar, Bishop Tobert:: "I cannot give you the oath that the others have given. I have not house to pledge to you. But the Holy Church within Valimar is loyal to King Alderic and no other earthly King."
[22:00] <Alderic> ::Looks thoughtful for a moment:: "And what of you personally Bishop?"
[22:02] <bynw> ::Bishop Talbert:: "I stand before you and swear my own loyalty to the nation of New Valimar and it's new monarch, King Alderic. I renounce it's former king, Leopold and any and all loyalty to him as well for all time. I swear to obey you, King Alderic, as my new monarch and put myself in your service as a Lord of New Valimar.  I swear these things before you and my peers of my own free will without the intent to decieve you or the natio
[22:02] <bynw> n of Valimar."
[22:03] <Alderic> "Interesting. Is or was Leopold considered an "Earthly" King?"
[22:04] <bynw> ::Bishop Talbert:: "Of course he was an Earthly King. He had delusions of godhood but there is only one."
[22:05] <Alderic> "Oh. Tell me, does your church differ from the Holy Church of the Empire?"
[22:08] <bynw> ::Bishop Talbert:: "There is only one Church as there is only one God. My Lord. The Holy Church was founded and reunited the 2 ancient divisions of the Church centuries ago by Valimar. Leopold's own brother who turned away from evil. And the first Vicar of the Holy Church was also a Valimarian. Our people have a long tradition with the Holy Church. Although I must say there are some things that I disagree with that come from the Holy See
[22:08] <bynw> ."
[22:10] <Alderic> "Why did you follow Leopold?"
[22:11] <bynw> "I actually swore no oath to Leopold. He ignored the Church, it's priests and Bishop. I ministered to my flock. That is my primary concern."
[22:13] <Alderic> "The Holy Church is welcome here in Valimar under my rule. Will you join my council Bishop?"
[22:14] <bynw> ::Talbert:: "Of course my Lord. I welcome the opportunity."
[22:14] <Alderic> "So be it. Scribes record it as such."
[22:19] <Alderic> ::Address the rest of the court, raising his voice:: "I have need of strong men and women" ::emphasis on the last:: "here in the capitol. People I can trust to advise me. Anyone willing to swear to me and thinks they have something to offer in this regard please meet me here tomorrow morn. But I warn you, I do not take lightly those who waste my time." ::looks ominous:: "Now bring drink and food for our guests. The formalities are
[22:19] <Alderic> done for the day."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member