[20:07] <bynw> ****************************************
[20:07] <bynw> *
[20:07] <bynw> * King Alderic has denied all the claims
[20:07] <bynw> * by the petitioners and has sent them
[20:07] <bynw> * away. Stating that an official
[20:07] <bynw> * announcement will be forthcoming. And
[20:07] <bynw> * he has summoned all of the landowners
[20:07] <bynw> * of his realm to attend a grand council
[20:07] <bynw> * meeting in the coming days.
[20:07] <bynw> * He has released the mortally wounded
[20:07] <bynw> * former Regent and "Voice of the King"
[20:07] <bynw> * Cedric to his family in residence.
[20:07] <bynw> * However, all their titles and lands
[20:07] <bynw> * have been stripped so they wont be
[20:07] <bynw> * present at the grand council meeting.
[20:07] <bynw> * And the King has charged his privy
[20:07] <bynw> * council with the task of finding a
[20:07] <bynw> * mundane way of heating the magical
[20:07] <bynw> * globes beneith the city and palace
[20:07] <bynw> * that keep it warmer than conventional
[20:07] <bynw> * means.
[20:07] <bynw> * The work continues on the carcass of
[20:07] <bynw> * the Red dragon known as Lady Carmine.
[20:07] <bynw> * Scribes, wizards, and various
[20:07] <bynw> * craftsmen work hard at the King's task
[20:07] <bynw> * of using the head as a new throne and
[20:07] <bynw> * having the rest of the remains turned
[20:07] <bynw> * over for magical research.
[20:07] <bynw> ****************************************
[20:09] <bynw> ::most of the blood has been cleaned up and removed from the main hall and craftsmen are working on carving the new throne while the rest is still being cleaned up::
[20:10] <bynw> ::since the King Alderic has reheated the orbs, the temperature has gradually risen to more comfortable levels::
[20:11] <Alderic> ::Paces his antechamber:: "So Admiral..." ::looking to Alianna:: "What do you say is our next move?"
[20:19] <Alianna> "With Your Majesty's permission, I should like to speak with you privately.  May I dismiss the attending lords and servants?"
[20:20] <Alderic> ??do I have some kind of private sitting room off the main antechamber??
[20:21] <bynw> !! yes there are rooms available for that, normally this room would be one
[20:22] <Alderic> "Leave us for a moment" ::waves the attending lords and ladies away::
[20:23] <bynw> ::they bow at the neck and depart the room, the door closes as they leave. only Alderic and Alianna remain::
[20:24] <Alianna> ::When the room is empty of everyone but herself and Alderic, Alianna turns to the new King of Valimar.  "Are you quite aware of your behavior?"
[20:25] <Alderic> ::Chuckles:: "Is that even a question?"
[20:26] <Alianna> "I can see why it's maybe not such a good idea to have one person in control of multiple Matrices.  I hate to speak in cliches, that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, but your conduct of the last few days has been alarming to say the least."
[20:33] <Alderic> ::Sighs and nods:: "A bit alarming to you, I can see. Some of my behavior has been theater, some a distasteful necessity. Let's start at the most offensive I will explain and hopefully I was not too much in error. What was most out of line, to you?"
[20:34] * Alianna releases a little of the tension in her body.  "Well, perhaps Lord Cedric and Lady Carmine needed to go and needed to be made examples of, but that was...graphic."
[20:37] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "I had little choice with Lady Carmine, she was much too powerful to toy with. Her death was quick. But when you lop the head off an ancient dragon...well there is a bit to clean afterwards. Unavoidable. The thrown is theater."
[20:37] * Alianna nods.  "That makes sense."
[20:41] <Alderic> "Lord Cedric is also much too dangerous. You understand that he is not a mouth piece. Leopold was preparing him...to be his vessel." ::looks grave and raises an eyebrow as he pauses and lets that sink in:: "Leopold steals bodies, when is suits him. Cedric is much too dangerous to leave near me. And let's face it, he was angling to plant a knife in my back and we both know it. I tried to spare him, but he actually made quite an
[20:41] <Alderic> effort to rip open my mind during those last moments."
[20:43] <Alderic> "His public disgrace was a message to other sycophants. A bit of theater as well."
[20:44] <Alianna> "I see.  All right, that makes more sense, then."
[20:44] <Alderic> "Leopold has filled to bursting our court with sycophants and cowards. I mean to raise up Lords and LAdies that are strong in there own right, not boot lickers to a king."
[20:47] <Alderic> "But those loyal to Leopold over Valimar must be weeded out and disposed of. Hence the hangings of those fleeing Valimar."
[20:48] * Alianna nods again.
[20:50] <Alderic> @@Alianna feels a gentle tap on her mental shields from Alderic, as if asking permission to enter@@
[20:51] * Alianna looks at Alderic quizzically. @@We are speaking privately, or are you concerned that the walls have ears?@@
[20:53] <Alderic> @@"I would be absolutely amazed if Leopold wasn't scrying us constantly. Wouldn't you?"@@
[20:53] * Alianna nods and smoothly lowers her shields.
[20:56] <Alderic> ::enters into Alianna's mind just enough to allow mind speech:: @@"When the Nobles assemble I will ask them to swear their fealty to me and Valimar as is tradition with a new ruler. I will also use truth sense on them to weed out those who are still loyal to Leopold. There maybe more deaths."@@
[20:57] <Alianna> @@"I understand.  I don't have a problem with people dying per se, but people being killed for no good reason is just stupid."@@
[20:58] <bynw> ::a knock at the door interrupts the moment:: "Sire!" ::comes the call outside the door::
[20:58] <Alderic> ::Shouts to be heard:: "Enter!"
[20:58] <Alianna> @@"Shit."@@
[20:59] <bynw> ::one of the court lords enters and bows:: "My Lord. One of the merchant ships in the harbor has cut the lines and is raising sails to leave the harbor. Are we to fire the harbor cannons to stop it?"
[21:01] <Alderic> ::Leans back and steeples his hands in front of him:: "Who is the Captain of that ship?"
[21:02] <bynw> ::lord:: "I do not know Sire. It is a Channist vessel."
[21:06] <Alderic> ::Looks to Alianna:: "It could be a merchant fleeing the turmoil now that the bay is thawed, or it could be someone smuggling dangerous political refugees past our blockade. I can take us to the deck in a flash to investigate if it suits you or you can pronounce any course of action you will. What say you....Admiral?
[21:07] <Alianna> "Let's investigate, Sire.  A frightened merchant requires different consequences than a smuggler of refugees."
[21:08] <Alderic> ::Nods, stands and takes Alianna's hand gently in his. He then begins chanting words of power and making small arcane gestures with his free hand::
[21:14] <Alderic> ::Stops suddenly and drops Alianna's hand:: "They are leaving to flee the troubles at hand. They mean no harm. However, other boats are sure to follow their example should you allow them to leave. Some of those boats surely DO have political refugees aboard. Your command Admiral?"
[21:16] <Alianna> "We do not allow them to leave, of course.  Your Majesty has commanded that no one leave the city for now, and so no one shall."
[21:19] * Alianna pauses to consider what should be done next.
[21:24] <bynw> ::the ship is past the small harbor and catching wind for the open seas::
[21:30] <Alianna> "Fire a warning shot across his bow, but do not strike the ship itself."
[21:30] <Alderic> ::smiles:: "Shall we take your ship?"
[21:31] <Alianna> "We can.  That would certainly make an impact."
[21:32] <Alderic> ::takes her hand again and begins chanting his words or power and making his arcane gestures::
[21:33] <Alderic> !roll 5d6+1
[21:33] <ChanServ> (5, 1, 4, 2, 4) + 1 == 17
[21:33] <bynw> :;the lord signals the order to others to fire across the ships bow ::
[21:37] <Alderic> ::there is a sudden burst of light followed by an intense sense of vertigo, followed by the sudden lurch in your gut as if you dropped suddenly and then in a loud 'pop' the light is gone and both of them are standing on the deck of Alianna's sky-ship. The feeling of vertigo subsides much slower and lasts for a few moments::
[21:39] * Alianna swallows hard to overcome the nausea of the jump.
[21:39] <Alderic> ::Let's go of Alianna's hand:: "Whenever you are ready Admiral. After we corral this one merchant we have an entire bay full of ships that will need sorting out. We can't hold them here forecer."
[21:40] <Alderic> (forever)
[21:40] * Alianna turns to her first mate.  "You see that ship trying to leave the harbor?  Get close to him and when you get close enough, fire a warning shot across his bow, and then tell him in no uncertain terms to return to his docking."
[21:40] <Alderic> ::sighs, but seems much more used to the feeling of the teleportation and nearly unaffected::
[21:44] <bynw> ::the sky-ship easily catches up to the merchant ship and drops down in front of the fleeing ship and fires a cannon across the bow, the sound echos into the harbor::
[21:47] <Alderic> !roll 3d6+1\
[21:47] <ChanServ> (6, 3, 4) + 1 == 14
[21:50] <Alderic> ::A three story tall projected illusion/likeness of Alianna's face appears before the fleeing Boat just infront of it and hovering above the water:: "Your on Admiral. They will hear you, I promise." ::winks at Alianna::
[21:51] <Alderic> "Say what you like." ::smiles and folds his arms as he steps back from her::
[21:52] <Alderic> ::The image mimics Aliann's face exactly::
[21:52] * Alianna cuts Alderic a quick look of amusement, and then addresses the captain of the fleeing merchant ship.  "Captain, I believe you were told by command of the King that no one was to leave the city.  Return at once to your dock or the next shot will be no warning."
[21:53] <bynw> ::the captain of the Channist vessel is already giving the order to turn back to port::

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member