[19:55] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #teara-adan with 1000ms delay
[19:55] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[19:55] <~bynw> |
[19:55] <~bynw> |     Session 65 - Imperial Dreams
[19:55] <~bynw> | The borders of Valimar have been
[19:55] <~bynw> | sealed by the Order of King Alderic.
[19:55] <~bynw> | No one is allowed to leave the
[19:55] <~bynw> | country. To make such an attempt
[19:55] <~bynw> | invites death.
[19:55] <~bynw> | Seven have lost their lives to the
[19:55] <~bynw> | King's Order, in the last day. Most
[19:55] <~bynw> | have been Valimarian, but some have
[19:55] <~bynw> | been foreigners.
[19:55] <~bynw> | The city gates are closed and locked.
[19:55] <~bynw> | And the harbor has been shut down.
[19:55] <~bynw> | Ships have extra lines tying them to
[19:55] <~bynw> | their slips. Some of the Captains are
[19:55] <~bynw> | beginning to complain and protest.
[19:55] <~bynw> | As they are merchants have have
[19:55] <~bynw> | schedules to keep.
[19:55] <~bynw> | It is believed by the King's Ministers
[19:55] <~bynw> | that some may have gotten away via
[19:55] <~bynw> | magic. As the warding for the city
[19:55] <~bynw> | has not yet been put in place. The
[19:55] <~bynw> | magical protections have only been
[19:55] <~bynw> | placed on the Palace itself.
[19:55] <~bynw> | At the King's make shift court in
[19:55] <~bynw> | an ajoining sitting room to the
[19:55] <~bynw> | great hall, Lord Cedric has come
[19:55] <~bynw> | before the Valimarian King.
[19:55] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:58] <~bynw> ::Lord Cedric is amoung the various people to see the King. Others floating around the make-shift throneroom and audience chamber are various ministers and a growing number of merchants::
[19:58] <Alderic> ::Eyes Cedric:: "The mouthpiece of Leopold. Speak to me now."
[20:00] <~bynw> ::Lord Cedric comes up and bows before his kings:: "My Lord. I ... " ::he pauses and stumbles on his own words and thoughts:: "I no longer hear Leopold's mind. Only my own. It is almost unsettling as I had grown accustomed to it."
[20:02] <Alderic> "On the upside it must be easier to sit without Leopold's arm getting in the way."
[20:04] <Alderic> "Cedric I'm having a hard time coming up with a way you can be useful to me. Can you help with that?"
[20:07] <~bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "I was Leopold's Regent and mostly ruled Valimar in his absence, which was frequent. I know all of the ministers and Lords of court. I have no desire to be King myself, rest assured. But I can manage your House."
[20:11] * Alianna stands behind Alderic's makeshift throne and off to the left.
[20:13] <Alderic> ::raises an eyebrow and looks to Alianna:: "What do you think Admiral?" ::puts a bit of emphasis on the last word as he looks to Alianna::
[20:14] * Alianna looks at Alderic with an appraising eye.  "I think perhaps you should let him prove his usefulness, and if he plays you false, he can meet the consequences of betrayal."
[20:19] <Alderic> ::Nods and returns his stare to Cedric:: "Whom do you serve?" ::begins to truth-sense him::
[20:20] <~bynw> ::Lord Cedric lets his Shields slip away and speaks truthfully:: "I serve Valimar and King Alderic of Valimar."
[20:22] <Alderic> ::Nods and sits back in his throne:: "And what has made you change your loyalties then?"
[20:24] <~bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "I have never changed my loyaties Sire. I have always served Valimar and her King. Only her King has changed."
[20:25] * Alianna also truth-senses Lord Cedric as he speaks.
[20:26] <Alderic> ::looks thoughtful:: "I see. So if I abdicated to a mangy dog I found feeding on trash in an alley, you would serve it loyally?"
[20:27] <Alderic> ::looks about the court at the others listening, he stands and begins pacing infront of his throne::
[20:29] <~bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "I serve Valimar your Majesty. And I serve you because you are her King. If your Majesty wished to abdicate to a mangy dog. I would see to that dog's well being and to the well being of the Kingdom."
[20:34] <Alderic> ::Stops and sneers at Cedric:: "So you mindlessly obey. I see Leopold has surrounded himself with such."
[20:36] <Alderic> ::Now shouts to the court:: "HOW DID THIS..." ::points accusingly to Cedric:: "MEAT PUPPET! COME TO REPRESENT THE NATION OF STRENGTH!?"
[20:37] <Alderic> ::looks about for an answer::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member