[20:11] <~bynw> |     Session 62 - Imperial Dreams
[20:11] <~bynw> |
[20:11] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[20:11] <~bynw> | Alderic Gibran de Torr, Prince of
[20:11] <~bynw> | Torr. Lord of Tennes and Master of Kes. At
[20:11] <~bynw> | long last he has the power, documents, and
[20:11] <~bynw> | tools needed to bring about the  destruction
[20:11] <~bynw> | of Leopold and the salvation of Valimar.
[20:11] <~bynw> | Arriving at what is the capital palace
[20:11] <~bynw> | of the New Valimarian nation in the
[20:11] <~bynw> | frozen islands north of Arrin.
[20:11] <~bynw> | Alderic, Maylda, and Alliana realize
[20:11] <~bynw> | their timing is perfect. There is a
[20:11] <~bynw> | full Royal Court in session.
[20:11] <~bynw> | With the documents in hand to prove
[20:11] <~bynw> | Alderic's claims they depart the
[20:11] <~bynw> | airship.
[20:11] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[20:11] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:11] * Alianna sees to the docking of the airship.
[20:15] <~bynw> ::the ship is easily docked outside the palace, it is the only airship in the area
[20:19] <~bynw> ::they trio is greated by a man, dressed in palace livery and obviously of rank. speaking in Valmari:: "Welcome. We are pleased to see a delegation from the Empire during our Royal Court"
[20:25] * Alianna looks to Alderic.
[20:31] <Alderic> ::In Valmarian, he bows his head:: "Greetings, and Thank you, but we do not represent the Empire here and now."
[20:32] <~bynw> ::the man looks at Alderic:: "Then what Lord do you represent?"
[20:36] <Alderic> ::smiles:: "Numerious Kingdoms, and the Anadari council. Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Alderic Gibran, prince of Torr. My companion is Alianna Capitan of Aerie." ::puts a slight emphasis on his last name::
[20:37] <~bynw> ::Maydla stands quietly behind the pair::
[20:39] <Alderic> ::extends his hand to the man:: "And you are....?"
[20:41] <~bynw> ::the man's eyes widen, he takes Alderics hand:: "I am Lord Torbert, the chamberline. I shall announce you" ::he says turning back to the palace motioning the trio to follow him::
[20:45] <Alderic> ::nods and follows Lord Torbert::
[20:45] * Alianna follows Alderic.
[20:47] <~bynw> ::Maylda follows Alianna with the documents given to Alderic to prove his legitimacy::
[20:54] <~bynw> ::Lord Talbert enters the palace great hall, it has probably 50 people gathered around. A mix of nobility, commoners and retainers. He raps his staff on the floor 3 times.:: "His Royal Highness Prince Alderic Gibran of Torr"
[20:56] <Alderic> ::Steps forward, his hands grasped infront of him, shoulders squared, and standing straight and slightly defiant::
[20:57] * Alianna stands tensely behind Alderic and slightly to his right.
[20:57] <~bynw> ::across the hall, sits the raised dias holding the throne, it is empty. but directly in front of the throne are 2 high backed chairs containing a man and a woman. the same two who were at the Imperial Senate.::
[20:58] <~bynw> ::Maylda still holds the documents and stands behind Alianna::
[20:58] <Alderic> ::Raises his voice so he can be heard in the chamber:: "Greetings Assembly, Lord Cedric, Lady Carmine."
[21:01] <~bynw> ::the assembled peoples part at the sound of Alderic's voice, all eyes turning to him and Lord Cedric motions Alderic to come forward::
[21:04] <Alderic> ::Steps forward, walking slowly, looking abouot at the assembled lords as he does. Nodding to those that meet and hold his gaze::
[21:05] <~bynw> ::Lord Cedric:: "Ah welcome Prince Alderic. It is good to have guests from other lands within the Empire." ::he too is speaking in Valmari::
[21:06] <~bynw> ::Maylda looks at Alianna wondering if she is going to follow Alderic::
[21:07] * Alianna stays slightly behind Alderic and to his right.
[21:07] <~bynw> ::Maylda stays close behind Alianna as the 3 of them walk up toward the dias through the assembly::
[21:08] <Alderic> ::Continuing to speak in Valmari:: "I have come to seek an audience with Leopold." ::intentionally addressing Leopold as a commoner, dropping and honorifics::
[21:09] <~bynw> ::Lady Carmine rises from her seat:: "Why must we entertain this creature?" ::she looks at Alderic as if looking at a chuck of vomit:: "This half breed should be a slave."
[21:10] * Alianna bristles but holds off from doing anything, waiting for Alderic to take the lead.
[21:10] <~bynw> "Its father should be castrated for mating with a Noble Draco. But then that whore should be also slain for birthing this abomination"
[21:11] <~bynw> ::She looks at the trio with absolute hatred:: "Inferior beasts the lot of them."
[21:13] <~bynw> ::some of the assembled people in the great hall back up a few paces looking a bit pale::
[21:13] <Alderic> ::Smiles wickedly meeting her gaze, knowing he has already goaded her. He waves off her comments dismissively, and chuckles:: "Of course my dear. But then your not in charge here are you." ::Gazes pointedly at Lord Cedric, and now ignores her:: "I have come before the assembly to speak with Leopold openly, and without fear. Will he speak with me?"
[21:14] <~bynw> !df 4
[21:14] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)( )(-)
[21:14] <Alderic> !df 4
[21:14] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(+)(-)
[21:15] <Alianna> !df 4
[21:15] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)(-)
[21:16] <~bynw> ::Maylda looks a bit nervious and seems to need a reassurance as she stairs at Lady Carmine bitting her lip::
[21:19] <~bynw> ::Lady Carmine looks very unhappy and is about to speak but is interrupted by Lord Cedric:: "I am the Voice of the King. Lady Carmine, take your seat at my side and be polite to our guests. Price Alderic. What you say to me Our Lord Leopold hears."
[21:19] <~bynw> "What I say to you comes from Our Lord Leopold"
[21:20] <Alderic> ::Glances to Maylda, then looks to Lord Cedric:: "So the new Valimar is now attacking anyone it sees as vulnerable? Would it do if I slayed some of the assembled here to prove my might? Or Shall I interdict between Lady Carmine here and now?" ::he shows his fathers knack for taking on a predatory stature and he plants his feet and locks eyes with the Lady::
[21:21] <~bynw> ::the aura quicky subsides as Lady Carmine takes her seat. Unhappy but looking smug anyway as if she planned it that way::
[21:23] <Alderic> ::Smiles back:: "That's a good darling, let the adults speak." ::Turns back to Lord Cedric:: "I've no doubt of what you say in the least. But I have come to make a formal Challenge. Not something I would...hope...Leopold would shrink from addressing."
[21:26] <~bynw> ::a blinding light flares in the chamber and shapes itself into the luminous form of Leopold. Clad in armor of ancient times bearing the marks associated with the old Valimarian Anadari House::
[21:27] * Alianna is a bit taken aback but trying not to show it.
[21:28] <~bynw> ::as the halo of light fades from around the General-King, Lord Cedric and Lady Carmine drop to bended knee along with the rest of the assembled people. Leopold takes his seat on the vacant throne while the 2 move their chairs away from the throne::
[21:28] <~bynw> ::Lord Cedric retreives the Valimarian Crown and places it on Leopold's head and stands at his right side::
[21:29] <~bynw> ::King Leopold:: "Let the petitioner speak before Us and bring his case before this Royal Court."
[21:32] <Alderic> ::Stoic, he stands his ground appearing unimpressed with the spectacle, having seen his fathers penchant for epic entrances before. He speak Valmari, but now turns this way and that addressing the assembly, with an occasional glance at Leopold's image:: "I have come in Challenge of Leopold it is true..."
[21:34] <Alderic> "But I come as a friend to Valimar. Infact I hearby announce my recognition of Valimar as a legitimate state, and will oppose those that stand in the way of it's rightful and lawful formation....."
[21:34] <Alderic> "I have come to join you in fact...."
[21:35] <Alderic> ::Looks to Lord Cedric:: "I wish to present documents to the court."
[21:37] <~bynw> ::Lord Cedric looks over to his King:: "You may present your documents to us and we will present them to His Majesty the King."
[21:39] <Alderic> ::Turns to his companions, now speaking in Cana:: "And so it begins. Maydia, please present my documents to Lord Cedric, the one over there kneeling to the pretender." ::Winks at Maydia, then points to Cedric::
[21:40] <~bynw> ::Maydla walks the documents over to Lord Cedric who takes them and then he turns and holds them out before Leopold::
[21:41] <Alderic> ::Again address the assembly, in Valmarian:: "These documents show that the land you bought to found Valimar on is in dispute. In fact I am the legitimate heir to it."
[21:41] <~bynw> ::King Leopold fans the documents with his hand, never pulling any of them out of the stack. It is fully apparent that he is employing his Deryni and Anadari abilities to read them without needing to see them::
[21:42] <~bynw> :;there is a murmer of surprise that ripples through the great hall::
[21:42] <Alderic> "Though I've no intention of taking them away from New Valimar." ::stresses the last word and locks eyes on Leopold::
[21:45] <~bynw> ::Leopold's expression has changed, he is concidering the ramifications of the documents. They have taken him unaware ... ::
[21:45] <Alderic> "But I am afraid I cannot abide ineptitude and lick-spittles. I will see Valimar strong. Who here would argue that!?" ::his voice now a rant he looks to the assembled::
[21:47] * Alianna doesn't understand a word of Valmari but is picking up on the general tension in the room.
[21:47] <Alderic> !df 4
[21:47] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(+)( )
[21:48] <~bynw> ::again anoother murmer and voices of agreement run through the assembled people::
[21:49] <Alderic> ::Walks to Alianna, his hand glowing a dark green and leaving tracers as is moves. He touches her once on the temple with a smile and speaks in Cana:: "Join the fun, wont you."
[21:50] * Alianna 's eyes become very wide as she is suddenly able to follow the actual conversation.
[21:50] <Alderic> ::Turns back to the assembled:: "The Emapire accepts us because we TOOK our position, but we all know the will oppose us. But why...."
[21:52] <Alderic> ::Looks to Leopolds image:: "Because we follow a failure. And they know it. They sense weakness and will not follow it."
[21:52] <Alderic> "Your King lead Valimar to ruin!"
[21:53] <Alderic> "What excuses for his failure has he spoken here?"
[21:53] <~bynw> ::Lord Cedric starts to speak but quickly stops and says nothing::
[21:53] <Alderic> "Well I will not listen!"
[21:56] <Alderic> "I dispute the claim to this land. I dispute Leopold's strength to rule based on his failure. I claim the right to duel-arcane to PROVE to you, all of you, that...I...am the one to lead the NEW Valimar to it's greatness."
[21:57] <~bynw> ::King Leopold:: "We have read your documents Your Highness. And find them to be properly signed and sealed to their legitamecy and authority. You leave Us with little choice."
[21:59] <~bynw> ::King Leopold:: "Although a Duel-Arcane is not what We have in mind." ::he motions for a scribe to come close to the dias::
[22:01] <~bynw> ::King Leopold:: "We, Leopold, Anadari Master, General and Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of Valimar. By the Grace of God, King of the Valimarian peoples. Do hereby on this day and before these witnesses assembled at this Royal Court.
[22:01] <~bynw> ::the scribe taking notes as fast as Leopold speaks::
[22:03] <~bynw> ::King Leopold:: "Do appoint, grant and confirm upon Alderic Gibran de Torr of Valimar, Lord of Tennes, Master of Kes, and Prince of Torr. To be my Royal Heir and Crown Prince of Valimar."
[22:06] <~bynw> ::King Leopold:: "We were never meant to be King. We are a General." ::he says taking the crown from his head:: "And on this day. We also abdicate the throne, crown and titles of King and become a General once more."
[22:07] <~bynw> ::Leopold rises from the throne and drops to a bended knee before Alderic and raises his voice so it can be heard throughout the hall:: "Long live King Alderic"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member