[19:43] <~bynw> | limits of the underground sanctuary
[19:43] <~bynw> | of his host Elden Schear. Learning of
[19:43] <~bynw> | it's magic.
[19:43] <~bynw> |
[19:43] <~bynw> | The Council has adjurned. With Nym,
[19:43] <~bynw> | Temere, D'nar, and Maydla going behind
[19:43] <~bynw> | closed doors as they prepair for the
[19:43] <~bynw> | empowerment ritual of Alderic on his
[19:43] <~bynw> | return in the next day or 2.
[19:43] <~bynw> | Leaving only Alianna and Ibly as the
[19:43] <~bynw> | "outsiders" of the current goings on.
[19:43] <~bynw> | They have the hospitality of Torr at
[19:43] <~bynw> | their disposal.
[19:43] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[19:43] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:45] <~bynw> ::Location - Torr's Grand Library where Alianna and Ibly have been left::
[19:46] * Alianna sits down in a large comfortable reading chair, somewhat at a loss for something to do or say.
[19:47] <~bynw> ::Ibly looks around at the vast floors and shelves of books and scrolls and other forms of writings that make up the greatest library and collection of knowledge in the Quarte:: "It's funny. Despite my age. I have never been here before."
[19:48] * Alianna regards Ibly.  "Really?  I would have thought this would have been someplace you'd been long ago and many times."
[19:50] <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "Oh I have used its resources, but always through trusted men in my place. I rarely leave Einar, even in my younger days."
[19:52] <~bynw> ::Ibly sits in a chair nearby. The sunlight streams through the overhead windows providing a great amount of natural light for reading and studying the confines of the Library::
[19:52] <Alianna> "That seems to me to be a roundabout way to do things.  I can understand having trusted intermediaries--for example, I couldn't run my ship without a good first mate and a good crew--but there's sometimes no substitute for doing it yourself."
[19:57] <~bynw> ::He leans closer to Alianna:: "You are living flesh and blood. I am a prince of an earthly realm and of a people that hide in the darkness. We donot travel lightly and our plans and goals streach out for centuries. Even longer than what of the Elves."
[19:58] * Alianna nods slowly and rather somberly.
[20:00] <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "Using intermediaries is a necessity in the business of Kings and Princes."
[20:00] * Alianna nods again.
[20:01] <~bynw> :: LOCATION CHANGE - Alderic at Elden's underground sanctuary ::
[20:05] <~bynw> ::Alderic has found that the glass plate given to him by Orion, responds easily to his voice, as long as he speaks in Arrinic.::
[20:07] <~bynw> ::it can show words on it's surface as Alderic needs to read something. it can also show pictures, in vivid colors. and if needed the plate can project the image into the air and show it from all sides::
[20:08] <Alderic> ::speaking in Arric:: "hello. can you tell me how Leopold was defeated?"
[20:12] <~bynw> "Leopold was defeated by his ally, the Lady Chailla Lynn, the heir of Channist during the Llorn Kcor conflicts. Isolating him from his army she shot him in the back with a magical Arrow of Slaying. Killing him instantly." ::the plate replies speaking in Arrinic::
[20:14] <Alderic> "can you tell me how the nation of Valimar finally dissolved?"
[20:19] <~bynw> "Valimar's first President and former King, John Coatleaf initiated several changes in how Valimar conducted its affairs during his first term in office. After his relection, some hardline Valimarian factions gained control of various parts of the government. A minor war broke out between Valimar and Adan. This fuled by the curse placed by Icereses, a former Valimarian Queen which was not condemed by the Valimarian government.
[20:21] <~bynw> "Caused the conflict to escalate between nations. Between great schools of Wizards. Between the Anadari Houses. And Valimar delcared war on everyone that stood against them. They are defeated by magical combat and all out war."
[20:23] <Alderic> "Explain this 'curse' please."
[20:24] <~bynw> "The Lady Icereces used great magic to devistate the Halifaxian capital of Central City. Destroying much property and killing several million beings within the range of her spell."
[20:31] <Alderic> "Can you show me Leopold battling in personal combat?"
[20:34] <~bynw> ::the plate projects several combats of Leopold. Clearly seen as an Anadari Master using his psychic talents and his star sword in almost prefect unison, each complenting one another. After only a few minutes the projected images loop and replay again::
[20:37] <Alderic> "Tell me and historical evidence of him using specific tactics during personal combat repeated more than once."
[20:37] <Alderic> *and=any
[20:42] <~bynw> "Leopold's star sword is known to be a strong resivour of psychic power that he can tap at any time. He is never without it and will use it's power first instead of his own. Wearing down his opponant. Leopold usually carries two blades. He will phase and use the blade locking ability when combating lesser foes. He does not give quarter unless it is to his advantage."
[20:55] <~bynw> ::the plate bleeps and Orion's form is projected into the room:: "Sorry to disturb you. But Elden is awake."
[21:02] <~bynw> :: LOCATION CHANGE - Torr Library ::
[21:04] <~bynw> ::Ibly to Alianna:: "I know of your ship. The lifting vanes are made of wood from Einar's forest. Einar does have a navy of airships."
[21:11] * Alianna smiles.  "She's a great ship.  I wasn't too sure about the whole concept of airships at first, but now that I've grown accustomed to her, I can't imagine life elsewhere."
[21:13] <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "Einar has had them for centuries. Perhaps one day we can show you one of our ships."
[21:13] <Alianna> "That would be interesting.  My crew, especially my first mate, would be interested as well."
[21:18] <~bynw> ::Ibly gets up:: "I need some fresh air, you may join me if you like." ::he says heading for one of the windowed balconies::
[21:19] * Alianna stands from the comfortable chair, stretches, and follows Ibly to the balcony.
[21:21] <~bynw> :: LOCATION CHANGE - Underground Sanctuary ::
[21:23] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "He's asking for you now" ::Orion turns his head and nods::
[21:28] <~bynw> ::the image blurs and reforms into Elden, clearly sitting up in a bed somewhere. there are red lines where the metal used to be on his head and he has hair that is regrowing to cover the scars:: "Why didn't you just say he was on the 'link." ::he says possibly talking to Orion:: "Hello Alderic."
[21:32] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I have something for you. It will assist you in your claim for Valimar."
[21:34] <Alderic> "Shall I come to you or you to me then?"
[21:36] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I'll bring it with us when we are ready to leave. Maybe in the next 12 hours or so. But there seems to be an old deed of property to one Lady Elizabeth Tir Rhine of Arrin. She happened to be the original settler of the island that Valimar now claims as their homeland."
[21:39] <Alderic> "The deed holds claim o the entire island?"
[21:41] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Yes the entire island. But the Lady Elizabeth was presmumed dead many centuries ago. And with no known heirs the island came back under the protection of Arrin which didn't do a good job and others used it and claimed it until Arrin officially reclaimed it and then sold it to Leopold."
[21:42] <Alderic> "I fail to see how that helps."
[21:44] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Elizabeth Tir Rhine was a sorceress. She feel in love with a full black dragon by the name of Kriev Temere von Drachen. Your great grand father. She is Temere's mother."
[21:50] <Alderic> ::looks a bit skeptical:: "Your not making it up then?"
[21:51] <~bynw> ::Elden's image:: "The deed can be gifted to you from Temere as an heir of Tara. Only because Tara is an adopted child of Temere since she is a full black dragon herself. No it's a real document. Appearently it been in storage here for a long time."
[21:52] <~bynw> "Or you can just go after Leopold for revenge of course. That's always a good reason for such a duel." ::Elden says::
[21:53] <Alderic> "I have some notions, but it might be best not to discuss them openly."
[21:55] <~bynw> :: LOCATION CHANGE - Balcony, Torr Library ::
[21:56] <~bynw> ::Ibly stands out in the sunlight on the balcony. There is a salty breeze in the air from the bay where the island of Torr sits at its center::
[21:57] * Alianna steps out on the balcony and takes a deep breath of the sea air.
[21:58] <~bynw> ::Ibly turns to Alianna as she joins him. His eyes are feral yellow and there are very noticable fangs in his smile before he turns back looking at the sea::
[21:58] * Alianna looks a little alarmed as Ibly turns away from her.
[21:59] <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "Dragon blood is very potent and dangerous to my kind. The air in there is thick with it."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member