Started by Bynw, 23 April 2015, 21:29:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[ 19:46 ]<bynw> |------------------------------------------------
[ 19:46 ]<bynw> |          Session 52 - Imperial Dreams
[ 19:46 ]<bynw> |
[ 19:46 ]<bynw> | Prince Alderic Gibran has revealed his desire
[ 19:46 ]<bynw> | to become the leader of the new Valimar nation.
[ 19:46 ]<bynw> | Usurping Leopold at his death and becoming the
[ 19:46 ]<bynw> | King of the Nation of Strength. And leading it
[ 19:46 ]<bynw> | to a legitimate and prosprous future.
[ 19:46 ]<bynw> |
[ 19:47 ]* DesertRose is now known as Alianna
[ 19:47 ]<bynw> ::almost all eyes are on Alderic as he made his statement::
[ 19:49 ]<bynw> ::Elden faces Alderic and speaks in Valmari:: "You will need to be able to speak Valmari like a native. Otherwise the people there will NEVER accept you as their leader."
[ 19:53 ]<Alderic> ::Speaks in accented Valmari:: "That is because Leopold has lead them to believe they want to return to what they were. Hold onto their past will only make them weak."
[ 19:54 ]<Alderic> ::Returns to Cana:: "They didn't get wiped off the map, literally, because they had a winning strategy."
[ 19:54 ]<bynw> ::Elden speaking once again in Cana:: "It is an issue of national identity for them to speak Valmari. It's one thing that defines them as a common people and nation."
[ 19:56 ]<bynw> ::D'nar:: "They were wiped off the map because they proved they couldn't be trusted. Even when trust was extended to them, it was broken time and time again. Thus the people of the other nations put an end to them as a nation. But they could be redeemed."
[ 19:56 ]<Alderic> "No, their philosophy unites them. As any scholar will attest, a language chnges."
[ 19:57 ]<Alderic> ::Points to D'Nar:: "I agree."
[ 19:57 ]<Alderic> "Same reason Leopold was toppled too."
[ 19:58 ]<Alderic> "So why hang a nations identity and future on a loosing plan? On a leader who has proven to be a looser."
[ 19:59 ]<bynw> ::Ibly:: "Having lived on a common border with Valimar since its original founding. Their language is important to them. I do agree with Elden. You should master it so there is no accent when you speak it."
[ 19:59 ]<Alderic> "And when we beat him, it will prove my point before it's even voiced."
[ 20:00 ]<Alderic> ::Nods to Ibly:: "I'm sure I can rise to the occasion if need be."
[ 20:02 ]<bynw> ::D'nar:: "But we must look at the Rule of Law. The Right of Conquest is a legitimate claim to a land and its peoples. But it is one that the philosophy of Valimar does not like when it comes to their own land and territories. All coups of Valimar have come from within before they were wiped off the map."
[ 20:02 ]<Alderic> !df 4
[ 20:02 ]<ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )(-)
[ 20:06 ]<Alderic> ::his hand glows for a moment and he touches it to his throat::
[ 20:06 ]<bynw> ::Temere:: "Leopold may not accept your challenge. You are not an Adept or an Anadari. On the other hand he might accept it thinking it is an easy way of getting another Matrix or several of them."
[ 20:06 ]<Alderic> ::Again he speaks in accented Valmarian:: "Without Leopold they will crumble if another leader doesn't step in."
[ 20:07 ]<Alderic> ::Looks disappointed and mutters to himself:: "Alright that needs some work..."
[ 20:08 ]<bynw> ::Temere:: "But if you wish to be the challenger. I will back your challenge. You have more than just the right of conquest on your side as a legitimate means of securing the throne of Valimar"
[ 20:09 ]<bynw> ::Ibly nods::
[ 20:10 ]<Alderic> ::Seems to suddenly snap to attention, looking about the room:: "Wait. We are talking about Elden right?"
[ 20:14 ]<bynw> ::Ibly:: "No. We are talking about you. If Elden challenges Leopold, then he would win Valimar by the Right of Conquest. You would not be able to make that claim and Valimar would simply revert back to an Arrin territory."
[ 20:17 ]<Alderic> ::His mouth drops open and he looks a bit taken-a-back:: "Elden doesn't want to rule Valimar. Why not just abdicate?" ::Looks to Elden:: "Was this your way of winning back Arrin territory then?"
[ 20:20 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "I don't care about Valimar. My only desire is to see Leopold destroyed. He's flat out dangerous, if he takes control of my people it would be so great of an evil loose you cannot imagine it."
[ 20:22 ]<Alderic> ::points to Elden:: "Exactly my guess."
[ 20:23 ]<Alderic> ::Looks about the room:: "I appreciate the vote of confidence, but honestly, even with the Matrix, who here believes I could really take on Leopold and win?"
[ 20:25 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "I do. If you aren't against 'bending rules'. Do you know how to properly use a javelin?"
[ 20:26 ]<Alderic> ::His mouth gaps at Elden::
[ 20:29 ]<Alderic> "If they crazy talk and hat-o-light didn't do it, that just did. Your crazy." ::looks bout the room at the others with a nervous chuckle:: "Tell him."
[ 20:31 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "I know you don't have dynastic rights in Torr. You are stylized as a Prince in title, but have only your mother's estate to inherit. And eventually your father's estates in Adan and Flora if he ever decides not to be immortal on the Astral or abdicates such titles to you. But here is a chance to get a kingdom without carving one out of the wilderness."
[ 20:34 ]<bynw> ::D'nar:: "He could be given the powers of an Adept. Fully bloomed and ready to use."
[ 20:36 ]* Alianna is now known as Desertrose
[ 20:36 ]* Desertrose is now known as DesertRose
[ 20:36 ]* DesertRose has quit (Quit: If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.)
[ 20:37 ]<Alderic> ::Chuckles:: "Your mis-judging me Master Elden. This isn't some form of over developed ambition. I've known since my birth that I would be a lord of standing, with a sizable following without ever having to try. Ambition bores me."
[ 20:39 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "It matters on paper to Valimar and the possibility of a future King."
[ 20:46 ]<Alderic> "Your serious aren't you? ME standing against Leopold?"
[ 20:50 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "Your father doesn't trust me and thinks I'm a threat. And I am a threat, but we all are here around this table. But you are capable of it and may even be better at drawing Leopold out."
[ 20:52 ]<Alderic> ::Scoffs and begins pacing. His chin in his hand:: "Let's say I accept this...ridiculousness. What do you mean by bending the rules?"
[ 20:59 ]<bynw> ::Temere:: "Some of Elden's ideas when he was going to be the champion."
[ 21:01 ]<Alderic> *Nym* "So we'll only be kind of like Leopold?"
[ 21:03 ]<Alderic> "The stories will lead you to believe it's so black and white Father, life seldom allows itself to be so neatly categorized."
[ 21:03 ]* Maydla has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[ 21:07 ]<Alderic> ::Seems to think for a moment, pacing and kneeding his chin::
[ 21:08 ]<bynw> ::Temere:: "Leopold will cheat and bend all the rules to his advantage. Including the belief that a good guy who challenges him will follow the rules."
[ 21:08 ]<Alderic> "I will bend the rules, but only if Leopold does."
[ 21:11 ]<bynw> ::Temere:: "Leopold will use any means necessary at his disposal to win. The Matrix of Deever and Kirsh, the powers he gained from the god-like liches and anything else at his disposal. His Starsword, which is accepted in a Duel Arcane between Anadari. He might have an army waiting enroute to ambush his opponent to wear them down."
[ 21:14 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "Even the playing field. Either we boost your psychic ability and potential to extremely high levels or we take away his."
[ 21:15 ]<Alderic> "Their are no rules against launching a full scale assault on the Matrix at Deever when the duel starts. The Matrix is outside the circle and not Leopold, hence it is not protected by those laws."
[ 21:16 ]<Alderic> "One of you, with a Matrix, could do that. It would effectively take all of that Matrix's power away by occupying it."
[ 21:16 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "We give you the means to stop his spirit from escaping his body. Otherwise we will just have to try this again another time. And he will be more ready for the assault."
[ 21:17 ]<Alderic> "Can Leopold's spirit escape a duel arcane's circle?"
[ 21:19 ]<bynw> ::D'nar:: "Leopold has Deever and Kirsh. We individually have Mariabronn, Torr, the Southlands, Quiette Castle, and Brennasharr. You will need to probably have at least 2 of those to make the challenge."
[ 21:21 ]<Alderic> "It would only take one Matrix. No need to win against the Matrix, just make sure it takes everything that Matrix has to keep from losing."
[ 21:22 ]<bynw> ::Temere:: "Yes once the body dies, the Duel Arcane set to anything including death would be released. And Leopold's spirit is free to go anywhere it wishes. Most peoples would go on to their respective judgments and afterlife. Leopold would simply escape unseen."
[ 21:24 ]<Alderic> "There is no rule against setting a second ward over and around the duel arcane ward."
[ 21:25 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "We all must keep in mind. That Leopold is not a being of flesh and blood like the rest ... well like most of us. He is a being of spirit. Flesh is a tool and can be changed like we change garments."
[ 21:26 ]<bynw> ::D'nar:: "You are correct Alderic. There have been some instances where multiple circles have been cast inside one another. Usually when a Duel Arcane is being judged by a 3rd party. Mariabronn or the Anadari usually."
[ 21:27 ]<bynw> ::Ibly:: "Even with a second warding. What do you do then? Stay inside it forever trapped with Leopold's spirit?"
[ 21:27 ]<Alderic> "A second ward built by some of you. Wouldn't that contain his spirit Long enough for me to use your Javelin? Techniclly the duel would be over and the Javelin's use would not break any rules."
[ 21:29 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "The javelin requires a host of flesh. It cannot combat the purely spirit."
[ 21:30 ]<Alderic> "So I'll have to finish him with it?" ::kneeds his chin a moment::
[ 21:31 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "Yes it would be required."
[ 21:32 ]<Alderic> "In a duel arcane with Leopold he will use his Star Sword. I have none. I do not think anyone would fault me for using what weapons I do have on hand would they?"
[ 21:35 ]<bynw> ::Temere:: "Not if Leopold uses his star sword against a non anadari"
[ 21:35 ]<Alderic> "And he will if he thinks it will gain him the advantage."
[ 21:37 ]<Alderic> "Such as if your Javelin looks like my staff with a proper illusion. Which gives us the added benefit of concealing our advantage until the trap is sprung."
[ 21:39 ]<Alderic> "Again, it's not against the rules per say either."
[ 21:40 ]<Alderic> "Now, that gadget you have Elden. The one that nullifies psionics. Could it nullify the Matrix in Kirsh for a short time? Or at the very least Leopolds connection to it?"
[ 21:41 ]<bynw> ::Elden:: "Possibly"
[ 21:43 ]<Alderic> "If Leopold suddenly lost his connection to all his Matrix's and I stood with the power of four of them at my control as well as everything you could do to prepare me; in that moment when he lost the Matrix's I could strike with the Javelin."
[ 21:44 ]<bynw> ::Temere:: "Yes that would be the way to do it."
[ 21:47 ]<Alderic> "just when he thinks he has won."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member