Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:01 < bynw> ***************************************
20:01 < bynw> ******         Previously        ******
20:01 < bynw> After a rough 4 day white water river
20:01 < bynw> ride in a boat not designed for such
20:01 < bynw> travels. The adventures have reached a
20:01 < bynw> calmer shore along the river bank.
20:01 < bynw> .
20:01 < bynw> Here they have rested. They have hunted
20:01 < bynw> and fished for food. Adding some foraged
20:01 < bynw> greens and nuts as well. While eating
20:01 < bynw> they begin to discuss what to do next.
20:01 < bynw> .
20:01 < bynw> To stay and try to make it back to the
20:01 < bynw> city. Or to return home with Luc's
20:01 < bynw> promise he can work a spell he has
20:01 < bynw> never befored casted.
20:05  * Luc sits on the ground
20:06 < bynw> ::the forest is alive with the sounds of birds and other wildlife off in the distance. a cool breeze comes off the river, refreshing and tranquil
20:07 < Luc> "So, choice?"
20:08 < Luc> "To stay, or to go?"
20:08 < Riam> ::Looks a bit apprehensive, pokes at the dirt with a stick and waits for Mirina to speak::
20:09 < Luc> "Remember, we can come back."
20:11 < Riam> "You hope."
20:12 < Mirina> "If he can transport us there magically, I don't see why he can't transport us back magically, but I'm still thinking about a real response to the matter at hand."
20:12 < Luc> "I KNOW we can get back."
20:13 < Riam> "Yeah, by boat."
20:14 < Riam> "The prince of Mariabronn warned us this place is shielded, We may have trouble just...popping back."
20:14 < Mirina> "It bothers me to leave the supposed witch as a stone figurine for too long, and I don't know if I can heal him at all.  It also bothers me how he was trying to suicide so hard."
20:15 < Mirina> "AND it bugs me that he knew who we are, even in disguise."
20:16 < Luc> "I agree entirely. But between us, we don't know enough."
20:17 < Mirina> "Do we know if the whole continent is shielded, or is it just the main Mohadine area?"
20:17 -!- Mistyck [Mibbit@OWIRCN-7c612fc6.cable.mindspring.com] has joined #teara-adan
20:18 < Riam> ::Looks to Luc::
20:18 < Mirina> "If we can come back, say here, and make our way back to the city to make our dealings with the underbelly of Mohadine society..."
20:19 < Luc> "mhmmm...."
20:20 < Luc> "I know enough of the area to bring us back. And I believe it's just the Mohadine area, considering what we've seen."
20:21 < Mirina> "Then we can do both things.  Our Spectral can go talk to his order, we can see about getting our 'witch' healed, and we can come back and do the original mission."
20:24 < Luc> "I'd like you with me, Mirina."
20:24 < Riam> ::Looks disappointed::
20:24 < Riam> "I have one suggestion..."
20:25 < Mirina> "Why do you need me?"
20:26 < Luc> "Because YOU know what it looks like, or feels like, when healing him. The healers may need to know."
20:26 < Mirina> "Okay, fair enough."
20:26 < Riam> ::Clears his throat::
20:27 < Luc> "Go ahead."
20:27 < Riam> "Why go there? Why not send a message for help to be brought here?"
20:27 < Riam> "Then we know we can get back."
20:28 < Luc> "Sadly, because messages are likely the only thing blocked from moving out. Magically speaking, magical messages are a pain."
20:28 < Riam> "I've seen groups of deryni send messages over distance."
20:28 < Luc> "That.......and the spells with my message spells are in the books. Back in the city."
20:30 < Riam> "At the least I see no reason for anyone but you to return. You could bring help, if you can return."
20:31 < Luc> "They have the war at home to manage."
20:37 < Luc> "Riam......someone at the college, or at home somewhere, can get you back fast, or you can stay here, and manage the back alley side of things."
20:38 < Mirina> "That's a thought.  Ri'am has more experience with the criminal element anyway."
20:38 < Luc> "Exactly"
20:38 < Riam> ::Shakes his head in disbelief at Luc:: "You just wont be satisfied until you get us all back in Montaire will you?"
20:42 < Riam> ::Shrugs in surrender:: "It seems I'm in the minority. Cast your spell mage. Send me a message, if you return."
20:44 < Luc> "I need all of our equipment that's coming with us touching either of us as well."
20:44  * Mirina puts everything she has and needs in either her Healer's pouch or her pack.
20:45  * Luc gathers his limited supplies and stands near Mirina.
20:45 < Luc> "We should leave anything we can spare that might help him with Riam."
20:46 < Mirina> "Is there anything you need in the way of herbs that I have, Ri'am?"
20:46 < Luc> "And anything from my equipment that you need is yours as well, Ri'am."
20:49 < Riam> ::Shakes his head:: "Thank you though."
20:49 < Riam> "Unless you have a magical mount in your pocket that can get me back up river?
20:49 < Riam> "
20:50  * Luc thinks.
20:52 < Luc> "Nothing, sorry my friend."
20:53 -!- fudgebob [~Jonathan@9C6C4E.EFDB47.5654A7.12449A] has quit [Connection closed]
20:56 < Riam> ::Shrugs:: "Tell my cousin I said, 'shut up, I don't care what you say unless your paying me to.'" ::chuckles, and waves good-bye::
20:57  * Luc LAUGHS
20:59 < Luc> "Will do, my friend, will do."
21:03 < Riam> ::Bows to both Luc and Mirina arms wide and steps back to watch the spell being cast::
21:07  * Luc gathers his will.
21:13  * Luc starts concentrating, making sure that everything is touching them, and concentrates on the location they will be traveling. He starts chanting, the words sounding strange to the others. He reaches a rising volume in the chant, and then shouts a final word.
21:14 < bynw> :: luc and Mirina vanish in a twinkling of an eye along with there items. leaving Ri'am to fend for himself in the forest::
21:21 < Riam> ::Sighs, then breaks camp, gathers up as much food as he can and starts the long hike back to the city::
21:25 < bynw> *after nearly 4 days Ri'am has covered many miles on foot walking along the river back to the city. Somewhere along the way he manages to obtain a horse from a Mohadine patrol to speed his travels. Arriving in the city early one morning he manages to get in through the gates without much incident and makes his contacts there after nearly a week of being on the road.*
21:27 < bynw> !! -----
21:29 < bynw> * Mirina is waking up. From the way the light is shinning into the room it must be in the afternoon some time. She is a bit sore all over. The bed she is lying in is soft and well kept. This is no Inn. She can sense another presence near her on a chair by the bed*
21:29 -!- Festil is now known as Old_Man
21:34  * Old_Man gazes pensively at Mirina, his grizzled brow furrowed in concentration and his long silver hair hanging in a gleaming curtain around his face.
21:35 < Mirina> "Not trying to be rude, but who are you and where am I?"
21:38 < Old_Man> "We've met. "  He purses his lips apprasingly, his amethyst eyes searching hers for signs of pain and discomfort. "Nevermind that for now, though. Tell me how you feel."
21:38 < Mirina> "Mildly sore, but generally fine."
21:40  * Old_Man nods with satisfaction, scratching at his silvered goatee. "Very good. To answer your question, we're in Montair."
21:40 < Old_Man> "Duke of Stonemont hosts us here in the capital as his honored guests."
21:42 < bynw> *the room, the bed, the sheets and the rest of the comfort does look as it if belongs to high nobility or even royalty
21:43  * Old_Man lifts one weathered, weary hand to his face, rubbing at tired, deep-ringed eyes. "The jump - if you even recall it now - did not go quite as smoothly as planned."
21:43 < Mirina> "Things rarely do."
21:45 < Mirina> "But what exactly happened?"
21:48  * Old_Man regards Mirina in silence, his gaze warm but blunted as if by the burden of many more years than he could possibly have seen in one lifetime . "I've had a bit of a rough landing too, if you'll forgive me. You've been out of it for quite a few days. The spellwork snagged and your landing was rough."
21:49 < Mirina> "Oh, splendid."
21:49 < Mirina> "How is the Spectral who was doing the spell?"
21:50 < Old_Man> His expression hardens slightly, his lips settling into a thin line. "The Spectrals have Luc."
21:51 < Mirina> "Okay, that sounds like that's not necessarily a good thing."
21:53  * Old_Man shrugs and shakes his head, an anxious cast creeping into his features. "It's too early to say exactly. The Duke has stated his intention to intervene, in any event."
21:54 < Mirina> "Okay, in what way?"
21:55 < Mirina> "And what of our supposed witch?"
21:55 < Old_Man> "Ah, but one thing at a time. It's your turn, you know  - what's become of Riam?"
21:56 < Mirina> "He's still in the Mohadine homeland, making contacts with the criminal element, with the general concept that the Spectral--Luc, did you say?--and I were to return to him and accomplish the original mission.
21:56 < Mirina> "
22:00 < Old_Man> "I see. To answer - well, one of your questions, anyway - the witch you speak of is before you; I am he." He offers a wry smile. "I started training, working out and I'm feeling better."
22:01  * Mirina raises her eyebrows.  "How did you get converted back to flesh and healed that fast?!"
22:02 < Old_Man> "Quite simple. I died."
22:02  * Mirina looks at him quizzically.  "Okay, then how are you talking to me now?"
22:03 < Mirina> "And how did you know our names, back in the Mohadine city?"
22:05 < Old_Man> "I know these things because I have been familiar with them some time."
22:05 < Mirina> "And how are you talking to me if you died?"
22:05 < Old_Man> "I am speaking to you now by virtue of who and what I am."
22:06 < Mirina> "Which is who and what?"
22:06 < bynw> *a young woman comes in and curties* "is there anything i can get for you m'lord? i will let his grace know that the lady is awake."
22:09 < bynw> *the young woman takes her leave of the room*
22:09 < Mirina> "Well, you were almost saved by the bell, there, but who and what are you?"
22:11 < Old_Man> He brushes aside the question gently as he calls to the departing servant. "Please inform His Grace that the lady Mirina and SIr Johannes Kruger ze Anlarye humbly request audience at his pleasure."
22:12 < bynw> ::the girl curties again:: "yes m'lord" ::as she goes through the door, closing it behind her::
22:12 < Mirina> "JOHANNES?"
22:13 < bynw> !! --- Switching Locals -----
22:16 < bynw> *Luc. Everything is a bit blury and dazed as the memory comes back again. The spell worked. To a point. And it was costly too.  A bit of his soul perhaps. Almost teleported into a wall.
22:17 < bynw> *But then came his brothers. accusing him of betraying his Indigo house for casting such magic.
22:17  * Luc looks around.
22:18 < bynw> *It's cold. It's damp and nearly dark in this cell. Chained to the wall. His Indigo robes nothing now but rags torn from his by his own brothers in the Order.
22:19  * Luc hangs his head down, fighting the intended depression of his robes in tatters and hanging from a wall in a cell, set there by men and women considered family for his entire life.
22:19 < bynw> *the metal band around his head presses in to his skin. that and the merasha in his blood makes it hard to concentrate. sleep is the only relief but it doesnt last long at all.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member