• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

session 20

Started by Bynw, 23 August 2012, 19:49:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:18 <~anlarye> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
20:18 <~anlarye> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
20:19 -!- DarkSir [~jason@master.otherworlders.org] has joined #teara-adan
20:20  * Mirina gives Ri'am and the noble both an odd look.
20:20 < Riam> "I know where to get those raiders."
20:21 < Riam> ::Looks to Miriana inquisitively:: "What?"
20:21 <~anlarye> *noble* "Really"
20:22 < Luc> "While I don't agree with what happened, I think I agree. We need more than just us."
20:23 < Luc> *just happened
20:23 < Luc> *with the point made
20:24 < Mirina> ::sotto voce:: "Whatever the hell that was."
20:24 < Riam> ::deadpan faced:: "Business negotiation."
20:25 < Luc> "More about money? Still? I thought you were a little beyond that by now." *sarcastic tone*
20:25 <~anlarye> ::noble:: "Mariabronn will insure that the peace is maintained and the Mohadine are pushed back. We cannot guarentee that they will give up the territory they have already taken. But we will insist upon it."
20:26 <~anlarye> ::the duke looks a bit taken back from the noble's last statement::
20:26 -!- fudgebob [~fudgebob@27B34E.4FEA8A.EF72B0.40A2AE] has quit [Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by fudgebob1!~fudgebob@9C6C4E.EFDB47.5654A7.12449A))]
20:26 -!- fudgebob1 [~fudgebob@9C6C4E.EFDB47.5654A7.12449A] has joined #teara-adan
20:26 -!- fudgebob1 is now known as fudgebob
20:26 -!- mode/#teara-adan [+h fudgebob] by ChanServ
20:27 < Riam> ::Her eyes squint a bit in irritation:: "Peace!?"
20:27 < Luc> "Excuse me? Peace? They've taken PRISONERS!"
20:27 < Mirina> "This is a lot of things, but PEACE?"
20:27 <~anlarye> ::duke:: "You must drive them from Adan. It is your duty."
20:28 <~anlarye> ::noble:: "With the Mohadine, you have two choices. Peace or be slaves. And yes they have taken captives of non-combatants."
20:29 < Luc> "So we have no choice is what you're saying. We have to accept that they have done what they have and do basically nothing."
20:30 < Riam> ::Moves over to pour herself some more wine, suddenly quiet::
20:33 < Riam> ::Pours a full glass and takes a healthy drink, addresses the duke:: "Who is this man cousin?" ::indicates the noble with the wine glass::
20:34 <~anlarye> ::noble:: "Mariabronn will enter the War as an ally of the Empire." ::he looks to the duke:: "Ancient ties between us do exist. And from there we will halt the advance of the Mohadine. We cannot say for certain if they will completely withdraw from the Empire."
20:34 < Luc> "But you will try. Correct?"
20:35 <~anlarye> ::noble:: "Of course"
20:37 <~anlarye> ::duke:: "This is Lord Prince Randell Michael Anthony Darion Van Starra. The nephew of His Majesty King Stephan of Mariabronn."
20:38 <~anlarye> ::the noble gives a slight bow at the neck with the formal introduction::
20:39  * Luc bows in deference to the royalty of a foreign nation.
20:40 < Riam> ::Looks disgusted:: "Yes and I'm Matilda. Titles and names...just words. They tell me nothing."
20:41  * Mirina drops a curtsey.
20:42 <~anlarye> ::randell:: "I am the one person who has the full ear of the King. I am the one person who can bring our forces into this war."
20:42 < Riam> ::To the duke:: "This man is a sneak and a liar. He will play both sides and use these borda to anex something of the empire for himself."
20:43 < Riam> "He lacks the stomach to do what is needed."
20:43 < Riam> "And the modivation."
20:44  * Mirina looks at Ri'am, thinking that she may need to break up a fight again.
20:46  * Luc stares, waiting for the duke to intervene with Riam.
20:46 < Riam> ::To Randell:: "You fear to use the borda to invade the Mohadine homeland. You fear bringing their wraith against your isle."
20:47 <~anlarye> ::duke looks over to randell:: "I have your word and vow that Mariabronn is not looking to expand its territory into Adan."
20:48 <~anlarye> ::randell:: "We have no interest in invading your homeland or anyone elses for that matter. We only look to our own birthright."
20:49 < Luc> "And what do you see as your own birthright?"
20:49 < Riam> ::Motions to Randell, then addresses the Duke:: "And there you have it. Their birthright. He means the West Abronn territories."
20:49 < Riam> ::To the Duke:: "That is his 'price'."
20:49 <~anlarye> ::randell to ri'am:: "Fear. No. We do not fear. We will not attack the Mohadine homeland, unless it is the only option."
20:50 < Riam> ::Toasts Randell sarcastically, then looks to the duke::
20:51 <~anlarye> ::duke:: "I am aware of his price. And to save Adan I will pay it. Those territories belonged to Abronn when its capital was Mariabronn. I have no interest in them."
20:52 < Riam> "And what of the territories themselves?"
20:53 < Riam> "Lie to them until it is too late for them to do anything?"
20:54 < Riam> "We have options."
20:56 <~anlarye> ::randell:: "The territories are property of the crown and will be repatrioted. They are not your concern."
20:57 <~anlarye> ::randell returns his attention to the duke:: "Within the next 2 days or less we will have our troops on the Empire's battlefield and begin pushing the Mohadine back
20:59 <~anlarye> Is this timing sufficiant for you your Grace?"
21:00 <~anlarye> :: duke :: "We would prefer something far sooner of course. But what can be done must be done. These rabid dogs must be put down."
21:03 < Luc> "What is our part in this, your grace, Highness?" * to the two nobles*
21:03 < Riam> "I have an idea on that."
21:04 < Riam> "We need to find the Mohadine homeland."
21:05 <~anlarye> ::duke:: "There are many things that need to be done yet in this war for your talents."
21:05 < Riam> ::Looks to the Prince:: "It is shielded though. I believe you might know how to find them Prince?"
21:06 < Riam> "And how to breach those shields once they are found?"
21:09 <~anlarye> ::randell pulls out a map, showing unfamiliar lands with no recognizable landmarks and unknown coast line. taking up a quill and ink he marks on it::
21:10 <~anlarye> "The Mohadine rule all of this area." ::he says circling a sizable portion of the map, including what looks like a vast desert, larger than any deserts even heard of within the Empire.::
21:11 <~anlarye> "Their capital is a city located here in the desert oasis" ::another ink point spotting the large oasis near the northern part of the desert::
21:14 < Mirina> "And where is that?  I don't recognize any of that map."
21:16 < Luc> "I'm assuming it's across the ocean. It is not within our mass of land, or any near it."
21:17 <~anlarye> ::randell:: "Due east from Flora across the Americ. It will take 2-3 months at sea. If the wind is in your favor and there are no storms."
21:17  * Mirina starts to say something, then bites her tongue but cuts Luc a look that quite clearly says, "No shit."
21:18 < Riam> "We don't have time to travel by conventional means."
21:20 <~anlarye> ::the duke rises:: "Thank you your Higness. We look forward to having your troops join the fight against these invaders." ::he gives a bow at the neck::
21:20  * Luc rises with the duke, bowing at the waist.
21:21  * Mirina rises as well, and drops another curtsey.
21:22 <~anlarye> ::the 3 men of Mariabronn rise and head for the door and their horses to depart::
21:22 < Riam> ::Looks to the Duke, but says nothing as the men leave::
21:25 <~anlarye> ::the duke waits until the 3 have riden back over the ridge and are out of sight of the magical cottage::
21:25 <~anlarye> ::duke:: "We must leave ourselves now. Everyone please outside..." ::he gestures towards the door::
21:26  * Mirina walks out of the cottage.
21:26  * Luc exits quietly, pensive.
21:27 < Riam> ::Drains her wine and exits:
21:28 <~anlarye> ::the duke is the last man out and as he step across the threshold of the cottage he speaks another word of power and the cottage reduces back to the small cube behind him::
21:30 <~anlarye> ::he picks up the cube and pockets it again:: "Now we return to Stonemont"
21:33 <~anlarye> ::the duke utters another spell, returing the 4 of them back to the sitting room in which they left hours before::
21:34  * Mirina goes over to the sideboard and pours herself another glass of watered wine.
21:34  * Luc follows the lady and pours water for himself before standing again in the spot he was at before they left.
21:36 <~anlarye> ::duke:: "Now we can discuss the plan to rid us of the Mohadine. Which, by his own words, the Mariabronn Prince seems reluctant to do for some reason." ::he turns to Ri'am:: "Tell them."
21:37 < Riam> ::Seems a bit nervous at the sudden changes of location, looking about for a bit before settling in::
21:38 < Riam> ::Turns to the others as she pours herself a glass of wine:: "We will raid the Mohadine homeland."
21:39 < Riam> "Adan's jails will be emptied and the prisoners transported to the Mohadine Homeland."
21:39 < Mirina> "WHAT?!"
21:40 < Riam> "They will be our raiding party."
21:41 < Riam> "In the chaos they create we will hurt the Mohadine, starting by Assassinating as high ranking members of their religion as we can."
21:42 < Luc> "Are we just putting them in chaotically or in an organized fashion?"
21:42 < Riam> "Both."
21:42 < Luc> "Explain please.
21:42 < Luc> "
21:44 < Riam> "We will offer any prisioner freedom, but at the cost of exile. They must go to the Mohadine homeland. We will not provide them with much beyond a few days rations and the clothes on their backs. Under those conditions some will splinter and disappear, usually the very worst kind, some will organize into highway men. We will use both kinds to our advantage."
21:45 < Riam> "The highway men we can organize into raiders. The others...well they will enrage the Mohadine on their own."
21:47 < Riam> "We will explain to all the prisioners that this exile is the Prince of Mariabronn's idea. And we will pass ourselves as represenatives from Mariabronn."
21:47 < Riam> "Some prisoners will be caught, and they will talk."
21:48 < Riam> "And then the Mohadine will pull Mariabronn into the fight in earnest."
21:48 < Riam> "And the Prince will be forced to fight for the empire."
21:48 <~anlarye> ::duke:: "Make no mistake that some of these men will die horrible deaths at the hands of the Mohadine, once they are caught."
21:49 < Riam> "Yes. And we will tell the prisoners this too. So they will not give themselves over to the Mohadine."
21:50 < Riam> "They must fight to live, but they will be free and no one here will care what they do with that freedom so long as they never return to Adan."
21:50  * Mirina looks dubious but says nothing.
21:51 < Riam> "I'm sure the jails have some persons of note there too. Those people can and will organize the others for us."
21:52 -!- DarkSir [~jason@master.otherworlders.org] has quit [Quit: Ex-Chat]
21:52 < Luc> "It's.....efficient. And brilliant, horrifyingly brilliant."
21:53 < Riam> "Make no mistake, it will be ugly; but the uglier it is the more mohadine will leave the empire for home. Are you ready for that Mage?"
21:55 < Luc> "Ugly isn't the problem, shapechanger. I have done more than my share of......housecleaning, if you will. There is already blood covering my hands, not just yours."
21:55 < Riam> ::Looks to Mirina:: "Many will suffer. I wont expect you to participate in that, but we could use your talents to keep us going. We wont have access to any other healers. We need you."
21:56  * Mirina starts to say something, pauses, and then speaks slowly.  "If it were not such a desperate situation, I would not be part of this.  As it is, I will heal for this expedition."
21:57 <~anlarye> ::duke:: "You have 2 days to get ready."
21:59 < Luc> "Your grace.....may I ask a favor? We could use your expertise, not directly, as I would not risk your life. Anything similar to that cube, things that would reduce overall weight/volume of supplies would be....well, brilliant, sir. And much appreciated."
22:00 < Luc> "As would anything you may be able to teach me that you think may help."
22:01 <~anlarye> ::duke:: "Of course. You will be fully provisioned with many assest that can come in handy for this venture. And you will also have the ability to return home unlike the exiled prisoners."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member