News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

session 16

Started by Bynw, 14 June 2012, 15:41:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:34 <~anlarye> ***
20:34 <~anlarye> Major Kohler has left before dawn. Hours after the sun has come up over the secluded cottage in the Adanian woods, the others have begun to stir.
20:34 <~anlarye> .
20:34 <~anlarye> Coming out one by one, they find the food they desire to break their nightly fast and then gather in one of the larger parlors to decided their next move.
20:34 <~anlarye> Here they eat and talk over what they plan to do as free agents, not truely tied to the Imperial battles that wage on so far away.
20:34 <~anlarye> Luc has kept an eye on the large magical book given for communications at the cottage. Hoping to get a message from the Order. He does have questions and desires to be answered.
20:34 <~anlarye> And his hopes are answered when the book signals that a message has arrived while they eat.
20:34 <~anlarye> ***
20:39 < Riam> "Mage, your masters are calling you."
20:39  * Luc rushes into the Library, heading straight for the book, his tea forgotten and barely landing on the table before he is out of the room.
20:42 <~anlarye> ::the handwriting is an unfamiliar one, not any of the ones you have seen since comming to the cottage. the script was fastly scrawled and only contains 2 words.
20:43 <~anlarye> ::a short and simple message that reads::
20:43 <~anlarye> "Get Out"
20:44  * Mirina follows Luc to the book, teacup in hand.
20:44 < Riam> "What news from your betters mage?" ::sits at a small table snacking::
20:44  * Luc stares at it for a briefest moment, then grabs the miniature version on the way out of the room at a dead run, yelling "Get your things and get to the portal! Now!"
20:46  * Mirina looks at Luc, then sets down her teacup, runs upstairs to snatch up her pack and her Healer's satchel, and meets Luc at the portal.
20:47 < Riam> ::Picks up a bag from a nearby table::
20:49 <~anlarye> ::Johannes gets up without a hint of worry or urgency and he walks over to the door placing his right palm on the door::
20:50 < Riam> ::nonchalant, he heads to the portal:: "Good gods man what now mage? Your a very excitable man you know."
20:53  * Luc runs to the Library, stuffing a few books into his bag before taking three blank books next to the large book, concentrating, and slamming his hands down on both, copying the messages from the larger to the smaller three in turn. A total of 9 books, including those three, go into his bag.
20:55  * Mirina straps on her sword belt so that the short sword hangs at her left hip, slips her Healer's satchel across her chest, with the strap on her left shoulder and the pouch itself on her right hip, and pulls her pack onto her back, slipping the straps over each arm.  "Ready when you all are."
20:55  * Luc runs out, looking at Johannes.
20:55 <~anlarye> ::the spell to copy the books will take a good 20-30 minutes to make the copies::
20:57  * Luc looks at Johannes, expectantly, wondering what the young Lord has managed to find out through the wards.
20:59 <~anlarye> ::Johannes:: "Take the others out through the back door and the stables. And then ride north as fast as you can."
21:00  * Luc nods. "I can always copy the book from the smaller later."
21:00 < Luc> "If it survives."
21:00  * Luc gathers the others with a nod towards the door and a finger to his lips.
21:01 < Riam> ::Eyes Luc, but for once she says nothing::
21:01 <~anlarye> ::Johannes draws his sword out of its scabbord and it begins to glow. He looks back to the others without saying a word. Then opens the door and steps out side closing it behind him again::
21:03  * Mirina eyes Johannes, and then follows Luc out the back door.
21:04 < Riam> ::Follows the others out the back::
21:05  * Luc leads the group out the back, rushing towards the stables.
21:05 <~anlarye> ::outside the ground shakes from the thunder of hooves ... 100's of horsemen are riding through the woods from the southeast. even the sound of their approach is loud and the horses in the stable are uneasy::
21:05  * Mirina mutters under her breath, "Oh shit."
21:07 < Riam> ::Runs to gather up one of the horses in the stable soundlessly::
21:07 < Riam> ??Are the horses saddled??
21:07 <~anlarye> ::dust is being tossed into the air at the approach of the horsemen, soon it will make seeing anything difficult::
21:07 <~anlarye> ?? no
21:08  * Mirina saddles a chestnut mare as quickly as possible and mounts.  "North?" she hisses at Luc.
21:09 < Riam> ??judging by the noise, do we even have time to saddle a horse??
21:10 <~anlarye> ?? it will take too much time to saddle all the horses
21:10 < Mirina> ??If we each saddle our own, do we have time? ??
21:11 < Riam> ::His voice low:: "No time to saddle a horse Mirina!"
21:11 < Luc> ??Transfer Portal still active in the cabin??
21:12 <~anlarye> ?? if you have the riding skill it will only take a couple of minutes to saddle the horse, otherwise longer
21:12 <~anlarye> ?? no one checked Luc ... you all left the cabin
21:12 < Mirina> ?? I have Riding at Good, so do I have time to saddle up?  ??
21:12 < Luc> ??Ride at fair, same question? ??
21:13 <~anlarye> ?? no matter the skill rank if you have it, it will take a couple of minutes
21:13 < Luc> ??Which we don't have, correct? ??
21:18 < Riam> "If we are running, why are we not using the portal?"
21:19 <~anlarye> ::the sounds of thunder are getting louder with other sounds mixed into the noise that cannot be fully determined
21:19 < Luc> "You have a point. But if it's our enemies, there's no point. IT's probably blocked."
21:19 < Mirina> !! Okay, scratch the saddling, then. !!
21:21  * Mirina strokes the neck of a chestnut mare, soothing her, then jumps on her back bareback, holds her mane, and continues petting her to keep her semi-calm.  "North?" she hisses at Luc.
21:22 < Riam> "Set the horse free and get them running to the northwest, then we should move to the east, covering our tracks."
21:24 < Luc> "Agreed. Let's go." *nudges the horse into motion, sending a mental impression of the urgency to the beast*
21:25 <~anlarye> ::a cannon blast rips through part of the trees and the cottage, sending splinters everywhere outside and shaking the stables as a 2nd cannon blast follows the first::
21:25  * Mirina jumps down off the chestnut mare in some exasperation, then calms herself, takes a deep breath, and enters a brief, fairly shallow rapport with the mare to convince her to go northwest to safety.
21:26 < Riam> ::Wastes no time with a rapport, points the horse towards the northwest and slaps it on the rump briskly::
21:27  * Mirina nearly jumps out of her skin at the cannon blasts, then gathers her wits and asks Luc, "What now?"
21:27 < Riam> "MAge do you have a spell that can cover our tracks or keep our feet from touching the ground?"
21:27 <~anlarye> ::a 3rd cannon blast comes shattering into the cottage area, this one very near the stables. moving faster than the eye is capable of seeing ... the cannon ball never reaches the ground near Mirina but Johannes is standing there deflecting the remains of the charge:: "You should be gone already woman!"
21:28 < Riam> "No one denied the Anadari their wisdom. Let's go!"
21:28  * Mirina snaps Johannes a look, and then turns to Luc. "I think getting the everloving hell out  of here would be a good idea right about now."
21:29 < Riam> ::Runs off into the night to the east and just a hair north::
21:29 < Luc> "Then get the Hells going!" *knees his horse and smacks it's rump towards the north*
21:29 <~anlarye> ::his sword, burning as if on fire, he charges and leaps nearly 30 feet into the air towards the trees and the coming thunder::
21:30  * Mirina follows Ri'am in the general direction of east-northeast.
21:30 <~anlarye> *the horses need no proding to move once they are free of the restraints of the stables ... they run in the northerly direction away from the coming storm*
21:33 < Riam> !df 4
21:33 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)( )(-)(+)
21:33 < Riam> !df 4
21:33 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)( )( )
21:35 < Luc> !df 4
21:35 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)(-)
21:38  * Luc leans low over the horse, casting quickly as he concentrates and throws ingredients in front of him, sending one hand forward as he chants, arcane power flowing to increase the speed and agility of the horses and party members.
21:39 < Riam> ::Her little legs pump tirelessly as she runs through the forest, and nearly as surefooted as if taking a run in the daylight. Her face is set with determination::
21:41  * Mirina runs like hell until Luc's spell catches her, then she begins to move with catlike grace, per the spell.  She also remembers to breathe deeply and begins to cast around her to check for anything hostile as she runs.
21:41 < Mirina> !df 4
21:41 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(+)(+)
21:41 <~anlarye> * the group rides headlong into the morning in a northerly direction for about 10 miles before the horses are spent and need to rest. due to the spell casted by Luc, they do not trip over themselves as they ride.*
21:42 < Mirina> !! Wait a minute, I thought we didn't have all the horses because we didn't have time to saddle them.  WTH? !!
21:42 < Luc> !!Bareback!!
21:43 < Mirina> !! KK, so I guess I have a horse, just not the chestnut mare I sent off to the northwest.  !!
21:44  * Mirina turns to Ri'am and Luc.  "Where's our Anadari friend?"
21:44 < Luc> "He turned back before we left."
21:45 < Mirina> "Oh, and we should get the hell on as soon as possible.  We're still being watched.  I know we have to rest the horses, but we should leave as soon as we can."
21:45 < Riam> "Buying us time I believe."
21:49 < Riam> ::Bends over in pain, kneeding out a stich in her side from running:: "Where are we going? Do you even know these woods mage?"
21:50  * Luc sighs heavily, wary. "I'm.......not sure. It feels.....different. I need to concentrate."
21:52  * Luc sits heavily, breathing deep, concentrating and meditating quickly into a light trance.
21:52 < Luc> !df 4
21:52 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )( )(-)
21:55 < Luc> *looks up sharply, eyes snapping open*"This.....This.....This place. It is more than it seems."
21:55 < Riam> ::Looks about:: "We can double back around, come on the enemy at night. Steal some horses, maybe get some information."
21:56 < Luc> *waves a hand, motioning the entire area around them, even back to the Cottage*
21:56  * Mirina looks at Luc.  "What do you mean, exactly?"
21:56 < Luc> "This is Stonemont."
21:56 < Riam> "Your not making any sense Mage."
21:56 < Riam> "What is stonemont?"
21:57  * Mirina gives Luc a quizzical look.  "Stonemont?"
21:57 < Luc> "Or was. The Duchy of Stonemont."
21:57 < Mirina> "Why are we worried about that?  We're being watched, possibly pursued."
21:59 < Riam> "What do you mean, 'or was'?"
21:59 < Riam> "Don't tell me we're lost."
21:59 < Luc> "This is possibly one of the most magically significant, strongest places in the known world. The Duchy of Stonemont have been members of the Order since it's inception. They know more, and can do more, with Magic than I can possibly dream."
22:01 < Luc> "It still is. I misspoke. We......should stop and find the Duke, if possible. Don't worry about being watched. I know we are. The Duke is a member. One of the highest ranking."
22:01 < Mirina> "Do you think he can help?"
22:02 < Luc> "He can shape, form, and change almost anything into almost anything else. He's a transmuter. Correction. He is THE transmuter."
22:02 < Riam> ::Takes a seat on a nearby rock:: "Why would he help us then?"
22:02  * Mirina looks at Luc appraisingly.  "All right then.  Let's go find him...or see if HE finds US."
22:03 < Luc> "Because of these." *flashes the bracers*
22:03 < Mirina> "He's part of the Order, so he would help a fellow, yes?"
22:04 < Luc> "He may. Remember that while we are Magicians, and members of the Order, and we keep and hold an oath, we ARE still human. Mostly."
22:07  * Mirina freezes, her eyes going wide.  "Oh gods, no."
22:07 < Riam> ::Locks his eyes on Mirina:: "What now?"
22:08 < Luc> "We need to head towards a more central location. Now. Once I figure out where we are, we can head for the Ducal Palace."
22:08  * Mirina stays stock still for a minute.  "Our Anadari friend is fallen."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member