The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

session 12

Started by Bynw, 02 May 2012, 23:10:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:19 <~bynw> ***
20:19 <~bynw> The Imperial War Room
20:19 <~bynw> Hidden away on the Astral and accessable only through magic.
20:19 <~bynw> The armies of the Empire plan their moves against the enemy forces that threaten it from across the seas. Forces both large and small are assembled as the Empire plots to take back what is theirs.
20:19 <~bynw> ***
20:21 <~bynw> ::Major Kohler has been showing several pages of deckplans for the enemy ships ... these are large 4 masts and 4-5 decks ... some having nearly 1000 man crews ... not an easy task at all
20:25 <~bynw> ::Major Kohler:: "There are a few smaller ships that we have discovered to have the same anti magical properties. We are looking for a suitable target now to engage and drop you on to it."
20:28  * Mirina watches intently but says nothing for now.
20:29  * Luc nods and watches as he sifts through the deckplans.
20:31 <~bynw> "For now. I would look through these deckplans of both large and small ships. Become as familier with them as you can. It could be hours or days before we find a suitable target ship."
20:31  * Mirina nods.
20:35 < Luc> "We will. We should probably start by memorizing the small ones, as they're our primary choice."
20:37 < Mirina> "Good idea."
20:39 -!- jammer854 [Mibbit@C0DB45.1A3A82.9B3034.5D7502] has quit [Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client]
20:40  * Luc pulls out all of the smaller ships and seperates them from the large ships in the stack.
20:43  * Mirina peruses a deckplan of a smaller ship, frowning in concentration.
20:43 <~bynw> :: Major Kohler walks back over to the four of them ::
20:45  * Luc looks down, shifting his robes, and looks up.
20:46 <~bynw> :: Major Kohler :: "The enemy has made a substantial landing at the ruins of SouthWind ... nearly 50 ships in the harbor area. It looks like they have begun the full scale invation of the Empire."
20:47 < Luc> "Major....I neglected to mention something that might be important. But I'd appreciate it if you called your superior over though. They'll want to see this."
20:48  * Luc pulls his the sleeve of his robe up, revealing the bracer Johannes recovered.
20:49 <~bynw> :: the Major looks at Luc :: "What is it?"
20:51 < Luc> "The young lord here recovered it when we escaped. I tried to allow us to climb the cliff behind Southwind harbor with a spell. One of their men was wearing it. We presume he was magically gifted and trained."
20:51 < Luc> "When we were part way up the cliff, the spell failed."
20:51 <~bynw> :: Major Kohler:: "My I take it for a moment?"
20:52  * Luc undoes the bracer, handing it over after sliding it off.
20:53 <~bynw> "Thank you" ::he says taking it and walking over to some others::
20:53  * Luc listens closely
20:56 <~bynw> ::the men are just out of ear shot::
20:58 <~bynw> ::Major Kohler returns after several minutes, handing the bracers back to Luc:: "Concentrate and end the spell at work and close the book that brought you here. We will be joining you on the physical plane shortly."
21:00  * Luc slips them back on and locks them in place, then concentrates, ending the spell and closing the book.
21:00  * Luc looks up at the group.
21:01 < Luc> "Well, that was certainly an informative bit of...whatever it was."
21:01 <~bynw> ::The group is still in the library of the cottage ... almost no time has passed since the gathered together::
21:06 <~bynw> ::Ri'am holds onto the poison book he has from the negotiation::
21:06 <~bynw> :: there is knock at the door of the cottage ::
21:08  * Mirina looks toward the door.
21:08  * Luc looks up, slightly alarmed, and draws his sword. "Caution, but not alarm. Draw a weapon and follow me quietly."
21:09  * Mirina draws her short sword.
21:11  * Luc walks quietly to the door, and speaks in a normal tone while the other arrange themselves behind him. "The Order contains how many schools of magic?"
21:13 <~bynw> ::the knock again comes at the door::
21:15  * Luc sets the sword down, readying a spell in the hand that contained it. He motions with a finger to his lips to the others and opens the door slowly, following the door to the side.
21:16 <~bynw> ::standing in the doorway is Major Kohler, he is followed by three other men who all quickly enter the cottage::
21:17  * Luc keeps the hand behind his back. "Greetings Major. You can understand the caution."
21:20 <~bynw> ::he nods at Luc:: "Of course, we are at war"
21:22 < Luc> "What now, Major? I know the bracers are important. How has this changed our plans?"
21:23  * Mirina sheathes her sword.
21:24 <~bynw> ::the Major looks to the other men::
21:25 <~bynw> ::one of them speaks:: "The bracers are magical. And they seem to be able to counter an anti-magic field. We can study the design of your bracers and then we will be able to create more of them for our brothers in the field."
21:27 < Luc> "A question, before I turn them over. Who are the three of you? I'm curious, and I prefer to know the names of those I associate with."
21:29 <~bynw> :: the three of them utter a word of power, transforming their mundane travelling clothes into the full robes of Spectral Magicians. All Whites ::
21:36  * Luc concentrates and casts a single spell towards the three.
21:39  * Luc looks up and probes for shields.
21:42 <~bynw> ::the Major pulls out a small purse and tosses it Mirina:: "That is for all of you"
21:45 < Luc> "Major, who do your associates here answer to? Shouldn't a Green be handling these?"
21:46 < Luc> *motions to the bracers on his wrists*
21:51  * Mirina looks at the purse and beckons Ri'am with a gesture.
21:51 <~bynw> ::Major Kohler:: "When I borrowed the bracers in the War Room. It was evident what they were but we couldn't be sure until they could be examinded fully in the physical. My orders were to take these 3 men with me, pay you the wages agreed upon and retrieve the bracers. They will be returned to you in about a week. The Spectrals with me serve 2 functions. 1) to reasure you that all is well. They are of the same school as yourself after all. And 2) magical asstance for me to carry out my duties. As for who will examine them. I dont know. And who in the Order they report too, I don't know."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member