News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 46

Started by Bynw, 27 May 2011, 23:17:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

(21:05:19) anlarye: **** RECAP ****
(21:05:19) anlarye: While the Lady Luck was in hyperspace the crew encountered a hyperspace storm of somekind. After the storm had passed, the jump drives were fully spun up and ready for jump.
(21:05:19) anlarye: On jumping back into Alliance space, in orbit around the home world of Aris. The crew lands and met by a Klade Senator and learns they have been in space for the last 3 months. But for them no more than a few days have passed since they were last in Alliance space.
(21:05:19) anlarye: Retiring to quarters for relaxation Raith and the crew have questions for Senator Tejer.
(21:05:19) anlarye: ***************
(21:05:54) bynw left the room (quit: Quit: Leaving).
(21:09:27) Ken: ::over comms::"Requisitions? Where is that engineer? I have a list and some questiosn to ask>"
(21:10:12) anlarye: *Senator Tejer* "What you encountered was a storm in hyperspace. Not very pleasant like storms on worlds themselves can be very dangerous. In your case,"
(21:10:36) anlarye: *comms* "How can we help you sir?"
(21:11:33) Ken: ::over comms::"I have list of supplies and I have some technical questions about how we can repair certain structural damage>"
(21:12:44) ***DocCross nudges Sathara, whispers "Go on... now is your chance... to ask questions... I know your boiling-over with curiosity"
(21:13:02) anlarye: *comms* "An engineering team has been dispatched to the landing platform to check out your ship. we were able to detect damage when you landed. we can meet us there say in a half hour?"
(21:13:32) Ken: ::over comms::"Roger, I will be there in a half hour."
(21:13:37) Sathara: "What the frak was that storm, anyway?"
(21:14:47) ***Ken sits down and casually picks up his pad, appearing to review his notes, but actually pointing pick up so everything Tejer says is recorded.
(21:14:54) anlarye: *Senator Tejer* "A hyperspace storm. We have no other word for it. "
(21:14:58) Sathara: "And how the frak have we been gone three months when it feels like a couple days."
(21:15:59) Sathara: "Ken, if he starts on time-space, you'll have to break that down for me later."
(21:16:40) Ken: "Huh? oh sure."
(21:17:08) ***Ken goes back to apparently studying his notes.
(21:17:41) anlarye: *Tejer* "In a normal jump a wormhole is formed at point of entry in real space, tunnels through hyperspace and another wormhole at your destination. All of this taking mere seconds of time. One moment you are here the next you are parsecs away."
(21:18:14) Sathara: "Okay, that makes sense."
(21:19:54) anlarye: "there are those occasions that a misjump occurs. and a ship reappears in realspace, sometimes 100's of light years off course. other times it can arrive before they left their point of origin. other times still a ship can disappear in a jump and come out of it again days or weeks later. but the crew just jumped, to them its only been a few seconds like any other jump."
(21:21:04) Sathara: "Weird, okay, so we stayed in hyperspace for what felt like three or four days, but was actually three months."
(21:22:06) DocCross: "Senator, may I ask... our misjump is not connected to the storm?"
(21:23:29) anlarye: *Senator Tejer* "I'm sure it was caused by the hyperspace storm. Just like a random misjump, the wormhole tunnels through the storm and a misjump occurs"
(21:25:32) anlarye: *Raith sits back and lets his crew ask their questions of the Klade while collecting his thoughts for his own future questions*
(21:26:58) DocCross: "Hmmmm. Klade does not possess technology to prevent or minimize misjumps?"
(21:28:31) anlarye: *Senator Tejer* "Our own misjumps rarely occur due to drive failures. But we cannot prevent the hyperspace storm from causing a misjump."
(21:28:40) ***Ken looks up with interest at that question and response.
(21:29:04) Ken: "Can you detect them?"\
(21:30:42) anlarye: *Tejer* "Only by the darkening hyperspace sky. And by then you are already caught in it."
(21:31:21) DocCross: "And is our ship equipped with those detectors? Oh. It's a _no_ then"
(21:32:38) Ken: "So the storm is actually larger than the visual cue? Like the eye of a hurricane?"
(21:34:49) anlarye: "Yes it is much larger than what one sees. We estimate that it is several parsecs high and 100's of parsecs wide and deep. It moves without warning and at hyper speeds as well. Which is why any ship caught in it ... will suffer a misjump. Even physical damage to the ship is possible. "
(21:35:34) Ken: "We sustained some interesting damage."
(21:36:52) ***DocCross looks at Ken "Interesting?!?"
(21:37:33) ***Sathara raises her eyebrows in DocCross and Ken's direction, but doesn't say anything, realizing that maybe she ought to leave this to the more diplomatic members of the crew.
(21:37:56) anlarye: "I'm sure you are aware that misjumps have caused the destruction of ships in the past. Although very rare it is still a possibility." *the senator remarks*
(21:38:19) Ken: "Yes like were caught in a gravitational shear
(21:38:21) Ken: "
(21:40:44) anlarye: *Jaeih* "So what have we missed in these 3 months ...."
(21:42:05) DocCross: "Interesting, yes. Permanent damage, I hope not."
(21:42:44) Ken: "I will know once I have talked to the engineers in a half hour"
(21:44:44) anlarye: *Senator Tejer* "Several major events have occurred since you were last home. Your own people" *he says directly to Jaeih* "have joined the Alliance. Other scouting crews like your own have discovered other civilizations who also have joined the Alliance. Thus the Alliance has more than tripled in size and the frontier is always expanding in every direction." *he pauses for a moment* "Klade Orsi has died, passing the leadership of the Klade to me."
(21:46:14) DocCross: "That's quite a news-flash, Senator" *shocked
(21:46:41) anlarye: "And due to your own encounter with the Z'aretti. The Klade have also joined the Alliance in full. Which is why I bear the title of Senator."
(21:46:42) Sathara: "WHAT?"
(21:47:40) ***Ken raises both eyebrows
(21:51:25) Ken: "how exactly did you know about our encounter with the Z'aretti?"
(21:53:48) anlarye: *Senator Tejer* "They did destroy 3 of our atmospheric processing stations"
(21:55:14) DocCross: "What is your history with these Z'aretti?"
(21:55:28) Ken: "I see but how did you know we had encountered them? And why did you not alert the Alliance to a maruading mothership?"
(21:57:38) anlarye: *Senator Tejer* "Our ancestors conquered them over a millenia ago. They were used as a labor force and then discarded."
(21:59:03) anlarye: "The logs of our lunar installations showed us the encounter with your ship and theirs. And we didn't alert the Alliance because we didn't know it existed until the attack was made."
(21:59:36) ***Ken nods
(22:00:29) Ken: "So there no other Klade installations leading back along the Z'aretti appproach?"
(22:01:25) DocCross: "Are they a growing threat to the Klade now? or just a nuisance?"
(22:02:53) anlarye: *Tejer* "Not that are actively monitored. Once the atmosphere is stable the system automatically shuts down. Life can work on its own at that point. I hope that the Z'aretti are now, like we thought they were in ages past. Extinct."
(22:04:03) ***Ken scowls
(22:04:15) ***Sathara looks at Ken darkly.
(22:05:20) Ken: "Have you got the locations of these other plants both active and inactive?"
(22:06:48) anlarye: "Yes we know where they are located. And once the galactic coordinate grid system is in place fully you can have those absolute coordinates for them if you like. They would all make perfectly good colony worlds."
(22:08:42) Ken: "Are you saying that you do NOT have the coordinates of your own installations?"
(22:09:10) Ken: "Why wait give us these corrdinates in your system and teach us how to use it."
(22:10:55) ***DocCross is amazed with Ken's keen observation
(22:11:06) ***Sathara watches Tejer for a reaction to Ken's request.
(22:11:37) anlarye: *Tejer* "Because everything we have will be yours. As our initial agreement with the Alliance. Before we ever joined it. But in its proper time. Since the Alliance is expanding rapidly, there is the needs for absolute coordinates to be established. This is another thing that has transpired while you were 'away'."
(22:13:25) Ken: "surely we can explore this iplanets using your system as the advance scout party. After all how long have some of them been complete. They may already have civilaztions."
(22:15:03) ***DocCross looks at the captain, wondering what he is thinking
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member