News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 44

Started by Bynw, 06 May 2011, 23:54:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:40] <bynw> ***** RECAP *****
[20:40] <bynw> Returning to the ship and lifting off the moon.
[20:40] <bynw> The crew has undergone decontamination proceedures
[20:40] <bynw> due to the radiation exposure. Everyone is clean and
[20:40] <bynw> in good health.
[20:40] <bynw> .
[20:40] <bynw> Raith has decided to use the Klade built medlab to
[20:40] <bynw> have himself scanned fully by it. And the readings
[20:40] <bynw> show that he is in good health. The readings also
[20:40] <bynw> show that he is a clone as it could detect the
[20:40] <bynw> minute differences between a naturally born individual
[20:40] <bynw> vs a clone.
[20:40] <bynw> .
[20:40] <bynw> All in all, everything checks out. And the crew must
[20:40] <bynw> decide their next move.
[20:40] <bynw> ***** END RECAP *****
[20:43] <Sathara> "Well, hell, cap'n, now what?"
[20:44] <Raith> ::Looks to Ken:: "Any luck deciphering the hidden data we found at the cloning facility?"
[20:45] <Sathara> "There's a thought.  Ken, I thought you said you were close to something on that?"
[20:46] <bynw> *ken* "according to the atmo process computer. it was sending data to a Klade ship ... in jumpspace. which is impossible of course, except we've seen it first hand since this ship was stored in jumpspace when we got it."
[20:48] <Sathara> "Have you ever sorted out how the hell they did that?"
[20:49] <bynw> *Ken* "I have the coordinates of the Klade ship and downloaded the details of the coordinate system used from the atmo's computer."
[20:50] <Raith> "You suggesting we go pay the local Klade a visit?"
[20:53] <bynw> *Ken* "WHat is local in jumpspace? No that wasn't my idea. The coordinates use a hexidecimal system"
[20:54] <bynw> *Ken* "very much like the cryptic code left behind by 'Raith Prime'"
[20:55] <Sathara> "So, what, you think the code left by Raith Prime is coordinates in the Klade coordinate system?"
[20:56] <Raith> "Or you think it's an area in jump space?"
[20:58] <bynw> "I think they are jumpspace coordinates. Which is why converting them to realspace never made any sense ..." *Ken says pulling out his datapad* "I've reassempled the data from the crystal as well. It's ready to play in the lounge"
[20:58] <Sathara> "Oh cool.  Let's go look."
[21:00] <Raith> ::Hops off the table in sickbay and heads to a seat in the lounge::
[21:00] * Sathara heads to the lounge as well.
[21:01] <bynw> *the crew meets in the lounge* Jaeih has the ship in a stationary position, a safe spot and has some of the controls slaved to a console in the lounge in case any action needs to be taken*
[21:03] <Raith> ::Eases back into one of the plush couches:: "What no popcorn?"
[21:04] * Sathara snickers quietly.
[21:06] <bynw> *once everyone is assembled Ken dims the lights in the room* "what I was able to recover is not very long, and I'll have it shown here has a holo projection at the center of the table"
[21:06] * Sathara grins.  "We're all ears, Ken."
[21:06] <bynw> *Ken punches up the playback*
[21:07] <bynw> *an image of Raith appears, older looking than the ship's Raith and there are other minor differences too. seeing them side by side like this and it would appear to be a father/son instead of an original and a clone*
[21:08] <bynw> *the image isnt very stable and flickers in and out, the background looks like it was recorded at the cloning facility*
[21:09] <bynw> *the image Raith beings ....
[21:09] <bynw> "eugene"
[21:09] <bynw> "i'm glad you were able" [garbled audio and lost video] "sorry i can't be here to" [garbled audio and lost video] "you have some of my own memories," [garbled audio and lost video] "experiences. by now you have found your sister." [garbled audio and lost video] "say to her" [speaks in the alien language of Jaeih's people part of it are garbled audio and lost video]
[21:10] <bynw> "the klade." [garbled audio and lost video] "trust them completely. they have a hidden agenda" [garbled audio and lost video] "shipyard in hyperspace around their homeworld, i saw a mothership there, fully operational" [garbled audio and lost video] "beware of it,"
[21:11] <bynw> [garbled audio and lost video] "klade" [garbled audio and lost video] "are not what they seem. they are an ancient space-faring race." [garbled audio and lost video] "bent to destroy and subjugate all other life in the universe. for a thousand years they were a race" [garbled audio and lost video] "of nightmares what the klade have done" [garbled audio and lost video]
[21:11] * Sathara 's eyes widen and her eyebrows raise considerably.
[21:11] <bynw> "take the coordinates from the mirror in my quarters. remember two things." [holds up 2 fingers]. "you will need klade jumpdrives on your ship" [garbled audio and lost video]
[21:12] <bynw> *the image fades at that point* "I'm afraid that is the only bits that could be recovered from the shattered crystal" *Ken says*
[21:13] <Sathara> "That is...um... interesting."
[21:14] <Raith> ::Looks a bit thoughtful:: "I'd agree Sathara."
[21:15] <Raith> "Can you make any sense of the message we found on the mirror Ken?"
[21:15] <Sathara> "I wish we had all of it.  I think I know why we don't, though.  From what he said, he's talking some dangerous shit."
[21:17] <bynw> *Ken* "From what Raith Prime states in this recording and the information from the atmo's computer. I believe the mirror has a set of jumpspace coordinates on it, but we are missing one of the characters. And being a hexedecimal code ... it can be anything from 0-9 or A-F."
[21:17] <Sathara> "Hmm."
[21:18] <bynw> "I dont fully understand the coordinate system used, but if we have the wrong character we could be way off course if we were to make any attempt to go there. not even sure HOW its done"
[21:21] <bynw> *ken takes his seat* "But Raith Prime says we need Klade jumpdrives ... which we have."
[21:21] <Sathara> "Yeah, but he also says there's something else important to remember but it must be lost data."
[21:21] <Raith> "Can you recreate what the Klade did? Jump us into a spot in Hyperspace?"
[21:24] <bynw> *Ken* "I'm not sure there either. We could attempt a jump but we use realspace coordinates every time ... i'm not sure how to just jump in and stay in without compleating the wormhole."
[21:32] <Raith> "Nothing in the Klade pad they left us on the how to of it?"
[21:35] <bynw> *Ken* "Not a thing is mentioned there at all. Intensionally left out I would say."
[21:36] <Raith> ::Looks a bit thoughtful and leans closer::
[21:36] <Raith> "The Klade seemed to think their computer system was fool proof. What do you think Ken? Think you can hack it?"
[21:39] <bynw> *Ken's eyes widen a bit* "interface with the Klade computer? The pad one or are you suggesting the atmo's plant one??"
[21:43] <Raith> "You could practice on the atmo plant, but I was actually thinking from the inside of one of their ships."
[21:44] <bynw> *ken leans back in his seat* "The last time I interfaced with an alien computer, the ship crashed."
[21:47] <Raith> "I think sooner or later that's exactly what we might have to be able to do to a Klade ship Ken."
[21:47] <Sathara> "Oh, lovely.  You want to try to subvert seriously superior technology?  Doc, you sure the radiation didn't frak up his brain?"
[21:48] <bynw> *DrCross* "I'm beginning to wonder that ..."
[21:50] <Raith> ::Eases back into the couch again with a cheshire cat smile::
[21:52] <bynw> *Jaeih* "I have a theory .... " *she says* "... the coordinates we got from the mirror were 4C6345F77985 something C."
[21:52] <Raith> ::Nods to Jaeih::
[21:53] <bynw> "I agree with Ken that we cant just randomly fill in the blank ... punching in coordinates at random are usually very dangerous and best used as a last chance sort of escape." *she continues*
[21:55] <bynw> "however, punching in 00000000000000 will result in the ship forming a jump from our current location and back again ... making us generally just disappear off DRADIS for a few seconds. its a battle tactic"
[21:58] <bynw> "I say we punch in the coordinates of FFFFFFFFFFFFFF and see if that tosses us into hyperspace without completing any kind of full wormhole that normally is formed when jumping as we travel through it."
[22:03] <Raith> ::Looks to Ken:: "Ken?"
[22:04] <bynw> *Ken* "I'm not a pilot. I'm an engineer. It sounds like a possibility though ... use the F's to jump in and use the 0's to go back to realspace ... it could work ..."
[22:07] <Raith> ::Nods to Jaeih:: "Let's do it."
[22:08] <Raith> ::gets up and heads to the bridge, talk ing over his shoulder:: "Could be bumpy people, so strap in."
[22:09] <bynw> *Jaeih shuts down the console in the lounge and heads to the bridge following on the heals of Raith*
[22:09] * Sathara looks doubtful but follows Raith to the bridge.
[22:10] <bynw> *DrCross and Ken also head to the bridge*
[22:10] <bynw> *DrCross to Ken* "And if this doesnt work?" *Ken replies* "Then it will be a very interesting trip"
[22:11] <Sathara> "Assuming we survive it at all."
[22:13] <bynw> *on the bridge the systems show that the jump drives are spun up and ready*
[22:14] <Raith> ::Takes his seat at navigation and punches in the coordinates, FFFFFFFFFFFFFF::
[22:14] <Raith> "Ready when you are Jaeih."
[22:15] <bynw> *Jaeih straps herself in as Ken and DrCross strap into some of the aux seats behind the cockpit*
[22:15] * Sathara straps herself into the seat at the weapons console.
[22:16] <bynw> *Jaeih* "punch it Captain"
[22:20] <Raith> ::Slaps the button to engage the jump drives::
[22:21] <bynw> *the engines engage and it feels like a regular jump ...
[22:21] <bynw> Hyperspace ... Jumpspace, few have ever seen it for more than a minute. Those that have claimed to have seen it longer have been victims of a misjump or they are liars. It appears as a great endless sky, of swirling colors - primarily of reds, blues and silvers. There are tales and rumors of strange alien life forms, vast floating cities and weird nightmarish ships out in its endless void. But these are just old spacer tales.
[22:25] <bynw> *outside of the Lady Luck is swirl of red hues ... and nothing on DRADIS ... no planets or moons or even the star that they just left behind ... as far as the eye can see .... nothing except the swirling colors as they mix and move about ...
[22:27] <Raith> ::Looks out the view port in wonder and grins:: "We did it...WE DID IT!"
[22:27] <Sathara> "Ho.  Lee.  Shit."
[22:28] <bynw> *Jaeih* "What does it mean though ... if father is right. The Klade have shipyard hidden in hyperspace ... with a mothership ..."
[22:29] <Raith> "They hid this ship in hyperspace, why not?"
[22:30] <bynw> *Ken* "We could fit 1000's of these ships in the space that a mothership would take up though. even the Alliance doesn't have an active operational mothership currently""
[22:32] <Raith> "It would be the next best thing to hiding your home planet in hyperspace. And that's just how the Klade think."
[22:32] <Sathara> "And from here, we could theoretically go anywhere almost instantaneously."
[22:34] <bynw> *Jaeih* "I was thinking about testing that theory. With known coordinates to a location well beyond our jump drive range."
[22:34] <Raith> "Known? Where did you have in mind?"
[22:35] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Either one of our homeworlds"
[22:44] <Raith> ::Laughs:: "Aris."
[22:44] <Raith> ::Punches in the coordinates and engages the secondary jumpdrive::

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member