News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 43

Started by Bynw, 29 April 2011, 20:21:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:59] <bynw> **** BEGIN RECAP ****
[19:59] <bynw> The crew has set down on the moon with the crashed alien ship.
[19:59] <bynw> But staying away from the crashsite they have arrived near
[19:59] <bynw> the atmostpheric processor. A huge installation.
[19:59] <bynw> .
[19:59] <bynw> They are hoping that the alloy used in this facility will limit
[19:59] <bynw> their exposure to the high levels of radiation due to the
[19:59] <bynw> bombardment and the crash of the alien ship.
[19:59] <bynw> .
[19:59] <bynw> Reaching the airlock to the building Ken has forced the doors
[19:59] <bynw> open. It seems that the place may be without power.
[19:59] <bynw> **** END RECAP ****
[20:02] * Ken activates his sonar mapping equipment.
[20:02] <Raith> ::examines the threshold of the door to see if it's been opened before them recently::
[20:03] <Raith> ::Suit-comm:: "Anyone seeing any signs of survivors?"
[20:04] * Ken examines his EM scanner
[20:05] <Raith> !df 5
[20:05] <ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(-)( )(-)
[20:05] <Ken> "Too much interference for standard sensor sweeps."
[20:06] <bynw> ! you dont see any signs of it being opened before
[20:06] * fudgebob (~chatzilla@27B34E.4FEA8A.0EDFA7.D9D3C9) has joined #teara-adan
[20:06] <Raith> ::suit-comm:: "Ken keep a watch on our radiation exposure and let me know when you estimate we need to head back."
[20:07] <Ken> "Aye Cap"
[20:07] <Raith> ::Moves into the complex and motions the others to follow::
[20:07] * ChanServ gives channel half-operator status to fudgebob
[20:07] * fudgebob is now known as DrCross
[20:07] * Ken puts away his EM scanner and syncs his rad counter with his time piece and an alarm if the rad rate increases
[20:08] <Raith> ::Switches on the light fixed to the underbarrel of his PPG pistol and looks about once he's inside::
[20:08] <bynw> *inside is darker than the outside. since no starlight or other light is making itsway into the facility
[20:08] <Sathara> "I don't see a damn thing, as far as survivors are concerned, cap'n."
[20:09] <DrCross> "I detect no life signs yet, Cap"
[20:10] <bynw> *out of the darkness comes a harsh, metallic voice ... the very same that can be heard aboard any Klade ship ....
[20:11] <bynw> *grating metallic computer generated voice* "HALT. Intruders detected. Identify, Identify."
[20:11] * Sathara tenses and reaches for her PPG pistol.
[20:12] <Raith> ::External comm:: "Captain Eugene Raith."
[20:13] <bynw> *gmcgv* "Do not move. You will be scanned for identify confirmation"
[20:13] <Sathara> ::External comm:: "Cor---Lieutenant Sathara T'Reis."
[20:14] * Sathara freezes tensely, pistol in hand.
[20:14] <bynw> *gmcgv* "Identity confirmed."
[20:14] <bynw> *lights flicker on, they are apparently emergency lighting
[20:15] <Ken> ::over external Comms:: "Ken Starmane, Engineer"
[20:15] <DrCross> ::External comm:: "Dr. Cross, M.D."
[20:16] * Sathara relaxes a little once the lights come on, without really moving any.
[20:17] <Raith> ::external comm:: "Computer. Report."
[20:18] <Raith> ::Moves into the installation looking about him and his surroundings::
[20:18] * Ken sweeps his sonar scanner around as he enters.
[20:19] * DrCross does like-wise with his medscanner
[20:19] * Sathara scans back and forth with just her eyes.
[20:19] <bynw> *gmcgv* "systems inoperable. atmospheric scrubbing offline. main power offline. secondary power offline. batteries failing. security system offline."
[20:20] * DrCross doesn't like the sound of that
[20:22] <Ken> ::external comm:: "Computer estimate of repair time."
[20:25] <bynw> *gmcgv* "damage is not repairable within operational lifespan"
[20:25] <Ken> ::external comm:: "Define operational lifespan."
[20:28] <bynw> *gmcgv* "operational lifespan has been reduced due to nuclear detonations and loss of primary and secondary power supplies. estimated operational lifespan is 36 hours at present consumption"
[20:28] <Sathara> "Shit."
[20:29] <Ken> ::external comm:: "Computer, nearest display and interface."Define operational lifespan."
[20:30] <Ken> ::external comm:: "Computer, nearest display and interface."
[20:31] <bynw> *a virtual display appears infront of Raith*
[20:31] * DrCross looks over Ken's shoulder, unamused by the turn of events
[20:32] * Sathara watches Ken, equally unamused.
[20:32] <Ken> ::external comm:: "Computer, display graph of systems usage against total power output."
[20:35] <bynw> *the display shows the current graph. it is on a spiral down. there is no power being generated, only consumed.
[20:37] * Ken examines the graph to see what can be shut down to preserve remaining power
[20:40] <Ken> ::external comm:: "Computer, extrapolate power if atmo processing was completely shut down."
[20:41] * Ken makes some quick calculations to double check computer answer.
[20:41] <Raith> ::External comm:: "Computer, scan for life signs inside installation and in a one kilometer area surrounding this installation, count them, and report numerical value."
[20:43] <bynw> *gmcgv* "Atmospheric processing is priority operation and cannot be shut down until completed. Initiating scan ..."
[20:44] <DrCross> "Does it mean we should get out of here ASAP, Ken?"
[20:45] <Ken> ::external comm:: "No Doc, the plant's alloy is protecting us from radiation."
[20:46] <Ken> ::suit comm:: "We would lose lights and the computer."
[20:46] <Ken> ::external comm:: "Computer, estimated time to back up database to external storage."
[20:50] <bynw> *gmcgv* "5 lifeforms detected in the requested range"
[20:50] <bynw> *Jaeih* "That would be ... us"
[20:50] * Ken nods
[20:52] <Sathara> ::suit comm::  "Well, cap'n, that sounds like no survivors."
[20:54] <Raith> ::External comm:: "Computer change dimensional parameters to 50 kilometers, re-scan, and report."
[20:55] <Sathara> ::suit comm:: "Cap'n, do you really think anybody's out there amongst all that radiation?  With no breathable atmo?"
[20:55] * Sathara shakes her head in disbelief, though she should know Raith's stubbornness by now.
[20:58] <bynw> *gmcgv* "unable to confirm lifescan due to high amounts of radiation. Warning. A Z'aretti ship has been detected on the surface. Unable to activate defenses."
[21:01] <Raith> ::Sighs, Internal-comm:: "Good enough for me. Ken get what you need and let's go."
[21:01] * Sathara sighs with relief.  ::suit comms:: "Ken, you need a hand?"
[21:02] <Raith> ::External-Comm:: "Computer, is there an armory or weapons cache in this installation?"
[21:02] <bynw> *gmcgv* "negative. station is unmanned and fully automated. individual weapons not necessary due to built-in installation defense grid"
[21:03] <Ken> ::external comm:: "Computer, Ship on surface was brought down by us, no survivors. Prepare estimated download time and space required for your dtabase.""
[21:04] <bynw> *gmcgv* "hyperlight backup activated automatically and is underway"
[21:05] <Ken> ::external comm:: "Computer, confirm backup destination is online and receiveing."
[21:06] <bynw> *gmcgv* "confirmed"
[21:06] * Ken slides down to a sitting position."
[21:07] <DrCross> *shrugs and sits beside Ken
[21:09] <Ken> !df 6 Cyberpsi
[21:09] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(-)( )( )( )
[21:09] <bynw> *gmcgv* "Z'aretti ship is severely damaged. Unable to confirm survivors due to radiation signatures. Threat assessment is minimal."
[21:10] <Raith> ::Holsters his PPG and continues looking about and investigating the surroundings::
[21:10] * Sathara holsters her PPG and follows Raith's lead.
[21:16] <Raith> ??What's it look like inside??
[21:18] <bynw> !! this part of the installation, is just an open room. a foyer and potential common area for any visiting personnel. there are doors leading further into the structure.
[21:18] * Sathara prowls around a bit.
[21:19] <bynw> *there is a definate lack of anything here ... very spartan in the extreme. not built by humans.
[21:19] <Ken> !df 6 Cyberpsi
[21:19] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)(+)(+)(+)
[21:20] * DrCross looks up at Raith "I hope you're not considering exploring at this time, Cap?!"
[21:22] <Raith> ::Internal comm:: "No Doc. I don't see any point. Soon as Ken is done we're off this rock."
[21:24] <DrCross> ::Internal comm:: "Sathara, don't wander off too far please"
[21:24] <Ken> *gmcgv* "I have full access to this system now. What would we like to know."
[21:24] <Sathara> ::internal comm:: "Wasn't planning on it, Doc.  All this radiation has me nervous as shit."
[21:28] <Ken> *gmcgv* "There is Klade ship receiving the backup at 2CA46CB25018."
[21:28] <bynw> *the power graph display shows reserver power rising due to atmospheric processing is shutting down
[21:29] <Raith> ::Internal Comm:: "Nothing here of interest to me Ken. Wrap it up and let's get off this rock. I'd like to go on an over night drunk and wash some of the taste of genocide out of my mouth if you don't mind."
[21:30] <Sathara> ::internal comm:: "Let's get the frak out of here.  I'd like to not glow in the frakking dark."
[21:32] * DrCross looks forward to a warm, disinfecting shower
[21:32] * Ken struggles to his feeet weaving slightly
[21:32] * Ken fumbles out his pad almost dropping it.
[21:34] * DrCross helps Ken get up
[21:34] <Sathara> ::internal comms:: "Ken, dude, are you okay?"
[21:34] * Ken holds out his pad and a glowing light surrounds it
[21:35] <Raith> ::Internal comm:: "Ken don't you start collapsing on me again!"
[21:36] <Sathara> ::internal comms, nervously:: "Doc, he doesn't have radiation sickness, does he?"
[21:37] <DrCross> ::Internal comm:: "We need to get him back to the ship now"
[21:38] * Sathara grabs Ken's arm.  ::internal comm:: "Roger that, Doc."
[21:39] <Ken> *gmcgv* "I am fine, difficult to focus on two things at once."
[21:39] <Sathara> ::internal comm:: "Cap'n, can we get the frak off this rock?"
[21:39] <Ken> *gmcgv* "I am downloading a map and the coordinate system the Klade use."
[21:41] * DrCross helps Ken hold up the glowing datapad
[21:41] <Raith> ::Internal Comm:: "Sathara, Doc, grab Ken. We are leaving. I'm on point, Jaeih your rear guard. Let's move."
[21:42] * Ken shakes himself as the glow fades.
[21:42] <Ken> ::suit comms :: "Ok I got what we need for now."
[21:42] <DrCross> ::Internal comm:: "Finally! Let's get outta here"
[21:43] * Sathara keeps her grip on Ken's arm and starts to usher him out of the building.
[21:43] <Sathara> ::internal comm:: "Aye, cap'n.  Thanks."
[21:44] * Ken follows along as the lights start shutting down.
[21:44] <Raith> ::external comm:: "Computer, broadcast an alert on all channels if any lifeforms enter the facility in the next 24 hours."
[21:44] <Raith> ::Starts briskly walking back towards the ship, doesn't bother pulling his ppg from it's holster::
[21:44] <bynw> *outside the situation has worsened. very high winds are ripping through the area ... blowing about any loose debris from the installation itself and the environment.
[21:45] * Sathara ducks her head down and heads toward the Lady Luck, still holding Ken's arm.
[21:45] <DrCross> ::Internal comm:: "Why, Cap? What are you after? Why would anyone come here?"
[21:46] <Ken> ::suit comms :: "Sathara I reall am fine. I do not need any help."
[21:46] <Raith> ::internal comm:: "Stay close, arm's length. Call out if you loose sight of anyone."
[21:46] <Sathara> ::internal comms:: "Aye, cap'n.  Ken, you worry me, man."
[21:47] <Raith> ::Internal Comm:: "This is the only place survivors could come Doc. Just holding out hope that we didn't accidently kill off the last of an entire species is all."
[21:47] <bynw> *it takes 3 times the amount of time to get back to the lady luck as it took to get to the installation in the first place ...
[21:48] * DrCross is a little surpirsed with Raith's answer. *nods at him and then continues to help Ken walk
[21:49] <Raith> ::Goes in last and closes the ships ramp behind him:: "Jaeih get us off this rock and in orbit. Stealth our signature then head to the showers for decontamination. The rest of you head to decontamination now. Report to Doc in sickbay after for a check-up."
[21:50] <Sathara> "Aye, Cap'n."  ::heads for decontamination with the quickness::
[21:50] <Ken> "Aye Cap"
[21:50] <DrCross> "Back to the doctor's office for you, Ken" *smiling
[21:51] * Ken heads for decon asap, chacking to see levels taken as he goes on his rad counter.
[21:51] <Raith> ::Follows the others to decontamination::
[21:51] <bynw> *Jaeih makes sure the ships hatches are secure. She fires up the thrusters at an almost full throttle and to get into space.
[21:52] * DrCross loves medical showers
[21:52] <Ken> "No one took a lethal dose but we all need decon."
[21:52] * Sathara strips off with absolutely no modesty whatsoever and gratefully hops into the decontamination shower.
[21:52] <bynw> *within minutes the Lady Luck is again in space in a stationary position and stealthed as Jaeih heads for the decontamination*
[21:53] * Ken strips down and places his equipment in a decon chamber and then enters a shower.
[21:54] * DrCross is now as fresh (and uncontaminated) as a daisy
[21:55] * Sathara happily towels off after the decon shower and dresses herself in her usual semi-uniform-looking gray clothes.
[21:56] * Ken gets out ansd scrubs himself down and then runs the rad counter over himself, then dresses in fresh clothes, usual work coveralls.
[21:57] <Ken> "Ok Doc You can satisfy your self that I am fine."
[21:57] * Sathara reports to sick bay as ordered.  "Check me, doc."
[21:57] <DrCross> "We'll see... now, go to medbay"
[21:57] <DrCross> "You too, Sathara "
[21:58] <Sathara> "Oh, I'll be glad to have you check me out, Doc.  That radiation shit is nothing to mess with and makes me as nervous as a hooker in church."
[21:59] * Ken heads to medbay looking over the coordinate system data as he goes
[21:59] <DrCross> "Ok. I'll be extra thorough" *in his most serious, professional voice
[21:59] * Sathara laughs.
[22:00] * DrCross laughs with Sathara, glad they are out of that lethal planet
[22:00] <Sathara> "Hey, where the hell's the cap'n?"
[22:02] <Raith> ::Enters the shower and scrubs down for a decon. Takes a bit of extra time soaking in the hot shower going over his actions on the alien ship in his mind again::
[22:03] <DrCross> "Ken, while you reading that datapad, kindly lie down and let me scan you"
[22:04] <Raith> ::Exits the shower, bundles his clothes for cleaning and decon. Moves to the sickbay in nothing but a towel and reports to the doc. Stands to the back against the wall in thought::
[22:04] * Ken nods absently and lies down, still engrossed in what he gleaned form the plant computer.
[22:05] <bynw> *Jaeih follows the others after her decon shower and awaits in medbay*
[22:05] <Raith> ::Speaks up while Doctor Cross is examining Ken:: "Hey doc, this sickbay equipment is Klade manufacture yeah?"
[22:06] <DrCross> "Yes, Cap. Why?"
[22:08] * DrCross scans Ken. And... aside from exhaustion, he is ok "Get up... Sathara next"
[22:08] * Sathara obediently lies down on the table to be scanned.
[22:08] * Ken gets up and waits by the wall still reading
[22:09] * DrCross fiddles around a bit, making sure Sathara gets the full treatment
[22:09] <DrCross> "Hmmmm"
[22:10] <DrCross> "Get up, Sathara, you are clear... and a fine specimen" *grins slightly
[22:10] * Sathara laughs again.  "Thanks, Doc."
[22:11] * DrCross now checks out Jaeih .... who is fine
[22:11] <DrCross> "Captain? You're in my world now"
[22:11] <Raith> ::Takes a seat at the docs table:: "Wondering if this stuff is going to pick up something the alliance stuff missed."
[22:12] <DrCross> "Hmmm, errrr, well"
[22:12] <DrCross> "We can try, Cap. Ken, help me out with the equipment?"
[22:13] <Ken> :: looking up :: "Sure Doc"
[22:13] <Ken> "What you need help with?"
[22:14] <DrCross> "The Klade medical scanners"
[22:14] <DrCross> "... they're Greek to me"
[22:14] <Ken> "I can tell if it is working right or maybe tell it what to do if you know what you want."
[22:16] <DrCross> "We need it to see what our standard alliance tech missed... with the captain as our subject"
[22:16] * Ken examines the equipment.
[22:18] * DrCross straps the captain down "Sorry, SOP for ornery captains"
[22:18] <Raith> "If any of this requires you to wear rubber gloves and lubricant Doc we can skip it, k?"
[22:18] * Ken this could be a more detailed scanner then ours, I think I can set it for a full workup."
[22:19] <DrCross> "Don't worry, Captain... I have no plans for that. Ken, give it a try please"
[22:20] * Ken activates the scanner after adjusting a setting
[22:20] * DrCross takes out an old, well cared for, leather case...
[22:21] <DrCross> ... opens it reverently
[22:21] <DrCross> "I got this as a graduation present... an heirloom really"
[22:22] <DrCross> ... and pulls out an old fashioned syringe with a 3 inch needle!
[22:23] <Ken> "Uh Doc I do not think I need an injection..."
[22:24] <DrCross> ... and puts it back in the case "No worries. Just wanted to show you all that, if worse comes to worse, I can go tribal" *winks
[22:27] <Raith> "Uh No offense Ken but last time you interfaced with alien tech you crashed an Arc ship, I'm strapped in and well...."
[22:27] <DrCross> "Did you know this case comes with a full set of scalpels? and clamps? and other primitive medical goodies?" *smiling widely
[22:27] <Raith> "No rubber gloves right Doc?"
[22:27] <Ken> "Relax Cap I am not interfacing with this."
[22:27] <Ken> "Of course I could if you want me too."
[22:28] <Raith> "Relax, right. Why Am I strapped in again?"
[22:28] * DrCross raises an eyebrow
[22:28] <DrCross> "Just standard operating procedure for alien tech subjects, Cap"
[22:29] <DrCross> "... we don't want you thrashing around when things go... wrong"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member