News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 38

Started by Bynw, 14 February 2011, 13:34:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:36] <anlarye> *** RECAP ***
[20:36] <anlarye> The crew has encountered a problem while attempting to get to the engineering section of the ship. Some kind of alarm system has been triggered and the radiation levels are too high in the engineering section to do any kind of "damage" there without getting radiation sickness.
[20:36] <anlarye> .
[20:36] <anlarye> Currently all sorts of claxons are going off ... yes sounds can be heard as the hall has filled with a breathable atmosphere, just barely though ... it would be hard to breathe without the suits.
[20:36] <anlarye> .
[20:36] <anlarye> Ken is going in and out of consciousness after his ordeal of making contact with the alien computer system.
[20:36] <anlarye> *** END RECAP ***
[20:38] <DrCross> "We need to go back to our ship!"
[20:38] <Sathara> "Shit shit shit!  We need to get the frak out of here before Ken gets worse."
[20:38] * Ken 's right leg suddenly spasms
[20:39] * Sathara has both hands full of pistols and a very jumpy mien.
[20:39] <anlarye> *the sounds of bulkheads closing down the long cooridor can be heard, as well has the sounds of movement further down
[20:39] * DrCross holds down Ken "... ASAP!"
[20:39] <Raith> ::Sighs:: "Back to the ship. Doc, get Ken's feet and I'll get his shoulders. LT, lead the way. Weapons free."
[20:40] <Sathara> "Aye, Cap'n."
[20:40] * Sathara leads the way back to the hatch, keeping her weapons at the ready.
[20:41] <Raith> ::Grabs Ken's shoulders and begins to haul him back to the Lady Luck II::
[20:41] <anlarye> *an energy blast, possibly a PPG hits near the side of the cooridor from the area that was not explored
[20:41] * Sathara turns in the direction of the blast. "Shit!  Frak!"
[20:41] <Raith> "Sathara, vaporize whatever that was!"
[20:41] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "We apparently have company Captain" *she aims her weapon down the cooridor*
[20:42] * DrCross follows Raith's lead and keeps his head down!
[20:42] <Raith> ::Lays Ken down:: "Doc be prepared to move Ken and stay down."
[20:42] <Sathara> "Frak!  I can't see shit, cap'n."
[20:43] <Raith> ::Pulls his PPG and looks for cover:: "Find cover."
[20:43] <anlarye> *Another near miss hits the walls near the crew of the lady luck*
[20:43] <Sathara> "Roger that, cap'n."  ::finds a box-like structure to cover behind::
[20:44] <Raith> ??Any cover to be had??
[20:45] <DrCross> "Would a smoke bomb work here? I got some!" *tosses a canister to Sathara
[20:45] <anlarye> *all kinds of cover exits ... partial bulkheads that didnt close all the way due to the age of the ship no doubts and other misc junk here and there and just the make of the ship
[20:45] <Sathara> "Thanks, doc, but all that'd do is make it harder to see."
[20:45] * Sathara picks up the canister anyway.
[20:46] <Raith> ??Is this ppg fire blocking the way back to the lady luck or on the other side of it and covering it??
[20:47] * Sathara crouches behind the boxlike whatever and holds her guns at the ready.
[20:47] <anlarye>  other side of it ... you can still make it to the stair well ...
[20:47] <anlarye> *another shot is fired ... again hitting the walls.
[20:48] <Sathara> "Cap'n, how 'bout you and the doc try to get Ken the hell out of here.  Jaeih, help me cover them."
[20:48] <Raith> "Scratch that!"
[20:48] <Sathara> ??Do I see anybody shooting yet???
[20:48] <anlarye> *the ship also lurches ... as if it was struck by something and any internal gravity control was not ready for it
[20:48] <anlarye> *faint movements in the cover area
[20:49] <Raith> "Jaeih, covering fire on my mark. Sathara hit that alien with the smoke while Jaeih covers you. Doc get ready to move, and I mean quick!"
[20:49] <Sathara> "Aye, aye, cap'n."
[20:49] <DrCross> "Roger that!"
[20:49] * Sathara readies her pistols.
[20:49] <Raith> "Jaeih Go!"
[20:50] <anlarye> *Jaeih opens fire*
[20:50] * Sathara runs from behind cover and shoots both pistols at once in the general direction of the incoming fire.
[20:50] <Sathara> !df4
[20:51] <DrCross> (( use: *fudge
[20:51] <Sathara> *fudge 4
[20:51] <DiceBot> Sathara:  (Fair+4 <4>) ( )( )(-)(+) = Legendary <4>
[20:52] <Raith> ::Follows close on Sathara's heels, pistol in hand but not firing::
[20:52] * Sathara pitches the smoke grenade.
[20:52] <Sathara> *fudge
[20:52] <DiceBot> Sathara:  (Fair <0>) ( )(+)( )(+) = Great <2>
[20:54] <anlarye> *voice yeld out from the cover* "Surrender"
[20:54] <DiceBot> anlarye: Error: You don't have the #teara-adan,voice capability. If you think that you should have this capability, be sure that you are identified before trying again. The 'whoami' command can tell you if you're identified.
[20:55] <anlarye> (( hates that part about the frakking stupid bot))
[20:57] <DrCross> .rpg 5df
[21:00] * Sathara mutters, "Surrender my arse."
[21:01] <anlarye> *another shot is fired ... again hitting other objects in the corridor
[21:01] <Raith> *fudge +1
[21:02] <DiceBot> Raith:  (Fair+1 <1>) (-)(-)( )( ) = Mediocre <-1>
[21:10] <Raith> ::Throws out his hand pointed towards the unknown shooter and lets loose a battle cry. Suddenly the billowing smoke from the grenade pushes up and is held back by some kind of unseen barrier:: "Doc move! The barrier wont last long. LT. keep everyone moving! Jaeih get to the Lady Luck bridge asap! I'll cover the retreat. GO!"
[21:11] * Ken 's radio makes an odd sound
[21:11] * Sathara runs as she speaks. "Aye, Cap'n."
[21:11] <anlarye> *Jaeih heads for the stairwell*
[21:11] <DrCross> "Moving!"
[21:11] * Sathara helps the doc with Ken but is decidedly in a hurry.
[21:12] <Raith> ::Strain on his face is apparent as his left hand is still extended towards the unseen barrier, his right holds his PPG aimed at the barrier::
[21:13] * DrCross is too busy carrying Ken he doesn't notice Ken's radio
[21:15] * Ken 's right hand spasms into a claw like shape
[21:17] <Raith> ??Is everyone past and dafe??
[21:17] <Raith> ((er safe))
[21:17] <anlarye> ((yes))
[21:18] * Sathara hustles Ken and the doc up into the Lady Luck.
[21:18] * Ken suddenly goes stiff as a board
[21:18] * DrCross is glad there is a cable
[21:19] <DrCross> "Sathara, Ken is going into seizure again!" *holds on to his patient
[21:20] <Sathara> "Shit shit shit.  There's nothing we can do without getting him to medbay."
[21:20] <Raith> ::Moves to some cover near the stairs the others took as they moved back to the lady luck and drops the barrier::
[21:21] <Sathara> "Doc, let's get into the Lady Luck and get Ken to medbay, like ten minutes ago."
[21:22] <DrCross> "Right, let's move!"
[21:22] <Raith> *fudge
[21:22] <DiceBot> Raith:  (Fair <0>) (+)( )( )(-) = Fair <0>
[21:23] * Sathara gets a good grip on Ken's shoulders and moves across to the hatch of the Lady Luck.
[21:24] <Raith> ::Hunkers down staying as far out of sight as he can and still watch the corridor the shooter(s) where firing from::
[21:24] * Ken suddenly loses all muscle tone; going as limp as cooked spaghetti
[21:25] <Sathara> "Shit!  I'm about to lose my grip on him."
[21:25] <Sathara> "Let's get him to the medbay, fast."
[21:25] <DrCross> "I'll handle him. Help out the Captain!"
[21:26] <anlarye> :: for those that have reached the lady luck ... they can tell one thing, the ship has been compromised ... someone has been inside it and has looked around without caring that it was known
[21:26] <Sathara> ::over comms, while hurrying back toward the hatch.:: "Cap'n, everybody's aboard.,  How 'bout joining us?"
[21:27] * DrCross moves Ken to the medbay
[21:27] <Sathara> ::still over comms:: "Cap'n, we've had company.  Do you need my help to get back aboard?"
[21:27] <Raith> ::Switches to his internal comm only, no voice outside his suit. Even so, his voice comes as a whisper:: "Stand by LT."
[21:28] <Sathara> ::over comms and quietly now:: "Aye, Cap'n."
[21:30] * Sathara waits agitatedly by the hatch.
[21:31] <DrCross> *Once inside, the doctor starts rips-off his helmet, puts Ken on the examination table
[21:34] * Ken 's face and mouth contort oddly
[21:35] <DrCross> ... he gingerly takes off Ken's helmet  "Ken? What is it, Ken?"
[21:39] * Ken 's jaw snaps shut suddenly
[21:39] <Ken> or was it less than a hundred
[21:41] * Ken 's teeth suddenly start chattering
[21:41] <Raith> ::Waits paitently as the aliens come down the corridor. Their eyes seem to glide over him without ever really noticing him. The aliens move to follow the rest of the crew up the stairwell. As several of them pass, he lunges out of cover, steps behind one of them and wraps his left arm around the aliens head. His right aims his PPG to the things approximate temple, at point blank range. His eyes twinkle dangerously in contrast
[21:41] <Raith>  to the smirk on his face. His suits external speakers sound off:: "GET BACK! GET BACK OR HE DIES!"
[21:43] <anlarye> ::the aliens stop and move back, weapons pointed up the stairs and at Raith
[21:44] <Raith> ::He pulls the alien with him and puts his back to a bulkhead, he speaks to the Alien in his grasp:: "Tell them to lower their weapons. NOW!"
[21:45] <anlarye> ::the alien motions to them to lower their weapons and they follow suit::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member