Episode 32

Started by Bynw, 19 November 2010, 21:02:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:41] <bynw> **********
[20:41] <bynw> "Rise of the Alliance" - Episode 32
[20:41] <bynw> Adventure Recap
[20:41] <bynw> * Raith and his crew have been rescued by the Klade from the unexplored regions of space. Their ship was damaged during a previous misjump, well beyond repair.
[20:41] <bynw> * Raith and his crew have learned a bit more of the history surrounding Raith and "Raith Prime". Since it has been learned that Raith is a clone. But he has little knowledge of his original self.
[20:41] <bynw> * Although it appears that the alien pilot is the daughter of "Raith Prime". And that the Prime version also was associated with the Klade and was exploring the uncharted regions of space. His fate however is not known.
[20:41] <bynw> * The crew has acquired a new ship. One that the Klade had somehow stored in jumpspace. The engines are properly built and the astronavigation data is loaded into its computer core. It is a couple of classes larger than their previous ship. But still small enough to be used by the small crew.
[20:41] <bynw> * The original Alliance pilot. Contracted an unknown virus. The Klade have isolated her stating it will take some time to cure her of the infection.
[20:41] <bynw> * The crew has become accustomed to their new ship, having spent the last several days in Klade space adjusting to the ship's tendencies. And in just a few days Jaeih's people will be arriving in Alliance space.
[20:41] <bynw> End Recap
[20:44] * DrCross is happily busy inspecting his new medical bay and goodies
[20:45] * Sathara sits at the weapons station in the bridge, exploring the weapons system.
[20:50] <bynw> *Jaeih is also very well pleased how the ship handles*
[20:50] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Are we going to meet my people when they arrive or will we be elsewhere and let the diplomats handle it?"
[20:51] <Raith> ::is laying on his bed in his quarters (the middle one on the left) , lights out, watching space through the view port, and enjoying a bit of scotch::
[20:52] <Raith> ::His mind races with the events of the last few months as the ice melts in the untouched tumbler of scotch on his chest::
[20:56] <bynw> *Jaeih talks to herself while piloting the ship*
[20:56] <Raith> ::Sits up slowly as if in a dream, crosses his room and taps the button to open the door::
[20:58] <DrCross> !df 4
[20:58] <ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(-)(-)
[20:59] <Sathara> !df 5
[20:59] <ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(-)( )( )
[20:59] <Raith> ::Exits to the hallway and takes the spiral stairs up to operations. Lost in thought he doesn't even notice Sathara at the weapons console::
[21:01] <Raith> !df 4
[21:01] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(-)( )
[21:03] * DrCross feels a little whozzy, almost falling down
[21:05] <DrCross> ... he recognizes the symptoms immediately. he slams down on the comm and shouts "We got a problem!"
[21:06] <Raith> ::passes by Sathara and onto the bridge, he taps the 'hold' button to keep the bridge pressure door open. He notices Jaeih and pauses::
[21:06] <DrCross> "... I'm having 'jump sickness'. Crew report medical status "
[21:07] <Sathara> ::over comms:: "Fine for now, Doc."
[21:08] <bynw> *Jaeih* "I'm fine ... sorry that you are not."
[21:08] <Raith> ::At the doctors voice on the intercom he seems to liven up a bit, notices the scotch in his hand, and downs it all. He sits down at navigation and puts on a head set and opens the intercom on the headset mic:: "What's up Doc?"
[21:09] * DrCross takes some medicine from his trusty bag. Comms Raith"I'm ok, Cap. Just having jump sickness episode"
[21:10] <Raith> ::Comm:: "Okay, care to elaborate Doc? Been awhile since we jumped."
[21:11] * DrCross ::Comm:: "I wanna throw up, ok?"
[21:11] <bynw> *Jaeih* "We just jumped Captain. A couple of minutes ago in fact."
[21:14] <Raith> ::Looks over at Jaeih, his eyes are red and swollen, his face is pale, and his usual neatly trimmed stubble is threatening to grow into a full beard. His eyes are watery and a bit unfocused from a good bit of drink:: "Ah, right. Okay, well I guess the doc is going to have to....do whatever he does when he gets sick."
[21:14] <Sathara> "Cap'n, are YOU all right?"
[21:16] <Raith> ::Looks about at Sathara as if just noticing she was just behind him in operations:: "Right."
[21:17] <Raith> ::Looks about for his scotch tumbler, finds it, and seems surprised that it's empty::
[21:17] <Raith> "Damn"
[21:18] <Raith> "I'm going to go check on doc, make sure he's all right."
[21:18] <Sathara> ::to no one in particular:: "What the frak is going on here?"
[21:19] <Raith> ::Gets up and heads for the stairs to the mid-deck::
[21:19] <bynw> *Jaeih* "It would appear that our Captain has had too much to drink." *she says while plotting another jump*
[21:19] <Sathara> "Doc's jump-sick, Cap'
[21:19] <Sathara> "Cap'n's drunk, what the frak...no, I won't go there."
[21:20] <Raith> ::Ignores both of the ladies and takes the stairs to the mid-deck::
[21:21] * DrCross ::comms::: weakly "What the hell is going on up there? Why did we jump?"
[21:21] <Raith> ::Once at the mid-deck he waves at Dr.Cross through med-bay's windows and keeps walking towards the lounge::
[21:22] <Sathara> ::comms:: "Hell if I know, Doc.  Jaeih?  What the frak are we doing?"
[21:22] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Jumping ... we are explorers are we not?"
[21:23] <Sathara> "Where the frak TO?"
[21:23] <Raith> ::Grumbles to himself, he opens the larder, pulls down a bottle of whiskey from the top shelf and fills his tumbler to the brim::
[21:23] <Sathara> "More to the point, where the frak are you going without orders?"
[21:24] <Raith> ::Grumbles some more and moves to the nearest intercom and slaps it on:: "Jaeih where are we in relation to alliance space?"
[21:26] <bynw> *Jaeih answers the comms* "We are outside of Alliance space by 1 jump at this time Captain. Headed back in the direction of my homeworld."
[21:28] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "Why?...Nevermind. Set a course to bring us in broadcast range of the nearest Alliance comm beacon."
[21:30] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Acknowledged Captain"
[21:32] * Sathara shakes her head and returns to fooling with the targeting software just to make sure she knows what she's doing with it.
[21:33] <bynw> *Jaeih over comms* "We are within broadcast range of an Alliance comm beacon."
[21:33] * DrCross leaves the medbay (with a pained and pinched looked), walking slowly to the lounge
[21:35] <Raith> ::Heads to the bridge, just behind Dr. Cross, his drink in hand::
[21:39] * DrCross shuffles after the captain
[21:40] <Raith> ::Sits at navigation, takes a big pull off his tumbler of whiskey, puts on his headset, and opens an encrypted channel to the Waterloo::
[21:40] <Raith> ::Comm:: "Lady Luck, to Waterloo actual."
[21:41] <Raith> ::Flips on the video feed for the comm as well and looks into the camera::
[21:42] <bynw> *No video feed is being returned on the channel. "Waterloo actual. Go ahead Lady Luck"
[21:44] <Raith> ::Comm:: "I have made contact with a friendly Alien Race."
[21:46] <Raith> ::To Jaeih, comm off:: "What is the ETA of your people to Alliance space?"
[21:46] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Barring any unforeseen events about 3 days."
[21:47] <Raith> ::Comm:: "ETA is 3 days. They have been waiting for us."
[21:49] <bynw> *Waterloo* "Excellent work Raith. See if you can find more out there."
[21:50] <Raith> ::Comm:: "The Lady Luck's engines have had a catastrophic failure under tests and blew up. Repair is impossible."
[21:51] <Raith> "We have....acquired a new ship. Designation is Lady Luck II."
[21:52] <Raith> ::Comm:: "We have taken on a new crew member as well."
[21:53] <Raith> ::To Jaeih:: "Turn on your mic and say hello. Your about to be the first Khelliannsu to contact Alliance space."
[21:55] <bynw> *Waterloo* "We are aware of the engine flaw. Even ours were on the brink of disaster. Many of our specialized ships are going through a refit at this time."
[21:56] <bynw> *Jaeih activates her mic as she is brought into the secure link by Raith* "Hello"
[21:57] <Raith> ::Comm:: "That is jaeih, our new pilot and member of the Khelliannsu. AKA the race that is about to contact you."
[21:57] <Raith> ::Comm:: "Oh by the way, I'm related to her genetically."
[21:58] <Raith> ::Comm:: "We're altering course to a point in Alliance space."
[21:59] <Raith> ::Comm:: "And I'm drunk." ::smiles, raises his glass to the camera in toast and takes a long swallow::
[22:01] <Raith> ::Comm, he leans back a bit but stays in camera view:: "Well that's about it for now I'd say. If you'll excuse me I'm going to go on an overnight drunk."
[22:02] * Sathara shakes her head again and muffles a laugh.
[22:02] <bynw> *Waterloo* "Raith. You and your crew have great latitude. Do as you will. Have a drink for me too. Waterloo out"
[22:02] <bynw> *the link closes*
[22:03] <Raith> ::Finishes his tumbler and takes off his head-set:: "Frakkin' brass."
[22:04] * Sathara muffles another chuckle but remains at her station familiarizing herself with the new equipment.
[22:04] <Raith> ::Begins setting a course into the nav-computer::
[22:05] <bynw> *Jaeih* "What course are you setting Captain?"
[22:05] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "Ken, spin up the jump drives."
[22:05] <bynw> *Ken* "Jump drives are already spun up and ready for jump"
[22:06] <Raith> ::Switches off the intercomm. Talking while he's typing at the nav-computer:: "Alliance space. Planet, Gi 131."
[22:08] * DrCross just sighs
[22:09] <Raith> ::Turns in his chair, his voice is now slurring:: "How ya holding up Doc?"
[22:10] <DrCross> "Just cheeky, Captain" *with a pained smile
[22:11] <Raith> "Right."
[22:11] <bynw> *Jaeih* "2 Jumps away. Course is set and laid in Captain, we can auto jump there"
[22:11] <Raith> "I take it your system isn't agreeing with all this jumping?"
[22:12] <DrCross> "My innards would have been fine if it knew a jump was coming"
[22:14] <DrCross> "... you're pretty liberal with your new pilot, Captain. Did you give her orders to jump before getting drunk?"
[22:18] <Raith> "Huh?" ::his face scrunches up a bit::
[22:20] <Raith> ::Stands up, straightening his shirt a bit drunkenly::
[22:21] <Raith> "Is there sommmthin' ya have to say Doc?"
[22:22] * Sathara sits up straight and prepares to break up any brawling.
[22:22] <DrCross> "Nevermind, Cap, you're worse off than me" *stands up and holds Raith's arm, to help steady him
[22:23] * papaganoush (~papaganoush@OWIRCN-accb3152.abhsia.telus.net) has joined #teara-adan
[22:26] <Raith> ::Shrugs off the Doc's arm, but seems to relax:: "Right."
[22:27] <Raith> ::Sighs and looks around for his tumbler::
[22:27] <Raith> "What can I do to help Doc?"
[22:27] * Sathara relaxes a little but not too much, as Raith seems to be in the neighborhood of "fighting drunk."
[22:28] <DrCross> "You can help by going to your room, Cap"
[22:28] <Raith> ::Finds it and again looks surprised and disappointed to find it empty::
[22:28] <DrCross> "... to sleep that off"
[22:28] * DrCross looks at Sathara for assistance
[22:28] <Raith> ::Stops and turns around, looking taken aback::
[22:29] <Sathara> "Cap'n, we all do it sometimes.  Why don't you head for your bunk and get some rest?  It's been a hell of a couple days."
[22:29] <Raith> ::Looks about at the others to gauge their reactions::
[22:30] <Raith> ::Rocks back a bit:: "Hell of a couple of days...yeah that would be one way of puttin' it."
[22:32] <Raith> ::Frustrated and angry, his voice takes on a simmering heat:: "Right."
[22:32] * Sathara mutters under her breath.  "Frakking hell."
[22:33] <Raith> "Jaeih, start the jumps."
[22:33] <Raith> ::Staggers away to the stairs to the mid-deck, tumbler in hand::
[22:33] * Sathara looks around for a barf bag, because either Raith or Dr.  Cross are going to need one.
[22:35] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Aye Captain."
[22:36] * DrCross drops to a nearby chair, clutching his "innards"
[22:37] <DrCross> !df 4
[22:37] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)( )(+)
[22:38] <bynw> *the ship makes its 2 programmed jumps and then Jaeih pilots the ship into orbit.
[22:38] * DrCross wins the war
[22:38] <Raith> ::Is passed out on the lounge couch::
[22:40] <DrCross> "Sathara, you have the conn" as DrCross staggers out of the bridge
[22:40] <Sathara> "Aye, though I don't quite know what I'm going to do with it, except wait for orders from the cap'n.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member