News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 29

Started by Bynw, 24 October 2010, 17:22:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:55] <bynw> ****** RECAP ******
[19:55] <bynw> [22:09] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "It will take about 20 minutes or so to get the sensors back online"
[19:55] <bynw> [22:10] <Raith> ::Slams his fists down on the consoles:: "Dammit that Klade tech has been nothing but a engineering nightmare!"
[19:55] <bynw> [22:11] <Raith> "Get to work on the structural damage first"
[19:55] <bynw> [22:11] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "Everyone in vac-suits as a precaution."
[19:55] <bynw> [22:12] <dr_cross> *from the Med Bay, dr_cross ::comms:: Sathara "How are you holding up there?"
[19:55] <bynw> [22:12] <Raith> ::Gets up and hurries to his cabin to slip into his custom fit vac-suit::
[19:55] <bynw> [22:12] * Ken checks inventory for axtra hull plating
[19:55] <bynw> [22:13] * Ken then goes and gets into his vac suit.
[19:55] <bynw> [22:13] <anlarye> *Sathara* "Good that the comms are back. But the turrent is down as well. Add it to the repair list"
[19:55] <bynw> [22:14] <Ken> ::over comms:: "roger"
[19:55] <bynw> [22:16] * Ken returns to Bridge in his vac suit.
[19:55] <bynw> [22:16] * dr_cross zips up too
[19:55] <bynw> [22:16] <Ken> "Cap I need to do a space walk to assess the damage"
[19:55] <bynw> [22:19] * Ken heads for the airlock, taking some diagnostic tools with him, he tethers himself before starting the EVA.
[19:55] <bynw> [22:19] <Raith> ::Intercom from his quarters as he finishes up zipping up his vac-suit. Do it Ken."
[19:55] <bynw> [22:20] <Ken> ::Over suit comm:: "On it cap"
[19:55] <bynw> ***** END RECAP ******
[19:57] * Ken takes a big breath and then starts the airlock cycle.
[19:57] <bynw> *the airlock depressurizes and the outside doors open to the blackness of space
[19:58] * Sathara stays in the turret trying to figure out what went wrong.
[19:58] * Ken double checks the tether and then steps out into space and starts manuvering to the damaged section.
[19:59] <bynw> *space, can be disorientating. up becomes down or even to ones side. once gravity is removed from the equation .... 'down' is where one's feet are in most cases, but that can be disorientating even with something to stand on*
[20:00] <bynw> *walking along the bottom of the ship, which is normally above the head on the ground, is uneasy.*
[20:01] * Ken continues toward the damaged section, cautiously keeping his eyes on the ship's hull and not on the space around him.
[20:02] <Ken> !df 6 0-G
[20:02] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(+)(+)(-)( )
[20:03] <bynw> *crossing the ships hull, ken reaches the damaged engineering section ....
[20:04] * Ken activates his helmet cam and begins a visual inspection; he also takes EM readings.
[20:04] <Ken> !df 5 Engineering
[20:04] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(-)(+)( )
[20:04] <bynw> *the are visible and exposed conduits and power couplings ... some still live and sparking into the night
[20:05] * Sathara sits in the turret, swearing sulphurously, trying to figure out why there's no power for the guns and no DRADIS.
[20:07] * Ken makes note of which power conduits are ruptured and sparking and then heads back.
[20:07] <Raith> ::Puts on his vac-suit helmet and opens a suit-to-suit comm channel with Ken::
[20:07] <bynw> *Jaeih* "we are fortunate that comms rerouted themselves automatically. but everything else is basically down."
[20:08] <Raith> ::Suit to suit comm::"Raith to Ken. How are you doing Ken?"
[20:08] <Ken> ::over suit comms:: "It is worse than I thought. I am afraid the Lady is destined for a berth in a spacejunk orbit."
[20:08] <Raith> ::Begins walking back to the bridge::
[20:09] <Ken> !df 6 0-G
[20:09] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)(+)(-)(-)
[20:09] <Raith> ::Slows to a stop, his mouth gaping::
[20:09] <Raith> ::Suit to suit comm:: "Ken we are hell and gone from anywhere. Are you saying we are S.O.L?"
[20:10] <bynw> *Jaeih has several panels open on the bridge and a few wires running from place to place*
[20:10] <Ken> ::over suit comms:: "I figure at least 4 Hours to reroute power to even attempt a jump; and that will be real risky given the hull integrity.
[20:10] <Ken> "
[20:11] <Raith> ::Suit to suit comm:: "Define 'risky' Ken."
[20:11] <Ken> !df 4 Stamina
[20:11] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(-)( )
[20:13] <Raith> ::Takes a seat at navigation, his external suits speakers are off, but his audio pick-ups are on::
[20:13] * Ken stops and gulps several deep breaths to stop from fouling his suit
[20:13] * fudgebob (~fudgebob@A6D346.FCC843.8A150B.606859) has joined #teara-adan
[20:13] * ChanServ gives channel half-operator status to fudgebob
[20:13] * Sathara climbs down from the turret to go talk to Raith.
[20:14] <bynw> *Jaeih's working on one of the panels with wires strung across her ... some of the ones she is working on are sparking*
[20:14] * fudgebob is now known as DrCross
[20:14] <Ken> ::over suit comms:: "We could rupture the entire Hull instead of just one section."
[20:15] * Ken dry heaves a little
[20:15] <Raith> ::Switches on his external speakers and mutes the suit-to-suit transmit, leaving the receive on::
[20:16] <Raith> "Jaeih be careful those wires look hot!"
[20:16] <Sathara> "Cap'n, how bad is it?  I got no power in the turret and no DRADIS.  If someone comes along with us crippled like this, we're frakked."
[20:16] <Raith> "Dammit! Stop jerking around with sparking wires Jaeih!"
[20:17] * DrCross returns to the bridge, after donning his vac-suit
[20:17] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Veruul!" *as one of them sparks again*
[20:18] <Ken> ::over suit comms:: "Once I get back inside, I can reroute some power. We have several shorts and live feeds waving around out here."
[20:18] <Raith> ::Turns on Sathara, his voice calm and commanding:: "Ken is looking into it...Jaeih! Frak it!"
[20:18] <bynw> *the DRADIS panel lights up .... showing no contacts within range*
[20:18] * Ken starts walking again eyes down and following the tether
[20:18] <Sathara> "What the frak?  Not that I'm not glad to see it, but how'd that happen?"
[20:19] <Raith> ::Stands up and gently pulls Jaeih's hands away:: "Your not going to help us if you get fried!"
[20:20] <bynw> *Jaeih* "I got DRADIS working so we aren't blind completely."
[20:20] * Ken enters the airlock and starts the cycle; breathing an audible sigh of relief.
[20:20] <Sathara> "Yeah, but you about toasted your ass doing it.  We already got one pilot out of commission; it'd help a lot if you wouldn't join her."
[20:20] <Raith> ??Is Jaeih in a vac suit??
[20:20] <Ken> !df 6 0-g
[20:20] <ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(+)(-)( )(+)
[20:21] * DrCross starts to go to the airlock ::comms:: "You OK, Ken?"
[20:22] * Ken headsa for the bridge and starts on killing power to the shorts and severed live lines.
[20:22] <bynw> *the airlock controls indicate that the airlock is being presurized and decontamination has started*
[20:22] <Raith> ::Grabs Jaeih by the front of her shirt/blouse and tugs her away from the console:: "Great, thank you. Now if you don't mind I gave you an order to suit-up. That means now pilot!"
[20:22] <Ken> ::over suit:: "Yeah Doc, a little unused to 0-g is all."
[20:23] <Sathara> "I guess that means me too, Cap'n?  Regarding the suit?"
[20:23] <Raith> ::Pushes the button to open the bridge's door and gently pushes Jaeih out::
[20:24] <Raith> ::Turns to Sathara with a look like he just heard some say they wanted to pee in his coffee, and stares at her::
[20:26] * Ken enters the bridge and starts examing some of the auxillary controls.
[20:26] <bynw> *Jaeih just looks disgusted as she leaves the bridge to go suit-up*
[20:27] * Sathara turns away and goes to suit up without further conversation.
[20:27] * DrCross checks Ken's status "Good, good"
[20:27] <Raith> ::Moves out of Ken's way without a word::
[20:27] <bynw> *the bridge looks likes its been rewired ... some one has taken off nearly every panel and rerouted circuts and power grids all over ....*
[20:28] <Ken> ::over comms:: "Who the Frakking hell has been messing with my ship!!??"
[20:28] <Raith> "That's Jaeih's work. She brought the DRAIDS back on line for us while you where busy"
[20:28] <bynw> *wires are crossing here and there as well .... none are sparking at this time ... but all are in use and there have been emergency splices done*
[20:28] * Ken examines the work
[20:29] <Ken> ::over comms:: "Good jury rigging. Nice work Jaeih."
[20:29] <Raith> ::Smiles with a bit of pride out of sight of Ken::
[20:30] <Raith> ::Closes the door to the bridge for privacy while he talks to Ken::
[20:30] * Ken compares his vids and notes and does some tracing.
[20:31] <Ken> !df 5 Engineering
[20:31] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)(-)(+)(+)
[20:32] <Raith> "I see two options here Ken. We limp back home, which isn't looking good. Or I call the Klade on the data pad and we get a tow. You see something I don't?"
[20:32] * Ken starts making some splices and disconnects some circuits
[20:32] * Ken unseals his hemet.
[20:32] <Raith> ::Follows Ken's example::
[20:33] <Ken> "I think asking for a tow might be a good idea. I am not certain we can make more than 1 jump safely."
[20:33] <Raith> ::Puts his helmet in the crook of his arm just in case::
[20:33] * DrCross clears his throat, "Ah, cap, but I favor going home."
[20:33] <Raith> "We have 4 to make it back to alliance space."
[20:33] <Sathara> "Frakking hell, Ken, what did you find out there?"
[20:34] <DrCross> "... Klade tech, not to mention the Klade themselves, are suspiciously unreliable."
[20:34] <Ken> "I am pretty sure we would break into atoms before we got 4 jumps done."
[20:34] <Raith> "Frakking hell..." ::slaps the door open to the bridge:: "Sit back for a minute will everyone."
[20:35] <Raith> ::Nods to Ken:: "Good as law to me then."
[20:35] <Raith> "We need a tow."
[20:35] * DrCross primly takes a seat, vac-suit still on
[20:36] <Raith> ::Takes a seat at the Navigation station and begins working the Klade pad to open a channel to Orsi:: "Raith to Orsi."
[20:37] * Ken continues working to shut down and reroure power.
[20:38] <bynw> *Orsi's image appears* "Yes Major."
[20:40] <Raith> ::Chuckles:: "My friends call me Raith or Captain Orsi."
[20:40] <Raith> "We're in a bit of a bind here."
[20:41] <bynw> *Orsi* "Aplogies Raith ... had a visitor that just left. What kind of bind?"
[20:42] <Raith> ::smiles and chuckles again:: "A complete meltdown of our jump drives and we seem to lost most of our hull integrity."
[20:44] <Raith> "We're well outside Alliance space, oh and our power system seems to have fried as well, so we have no shields or defenses."
[20:46] <Raith> "My engineer is telling me our ship just turned into a paper weight."
[20:47] <bynw> *Orsi* "We discovered that was a possibility given the improper engine designs in use on your ship and a few other Alliance ships. They have all been 'grounded' until the engines are replaced. I was hoping you would make it back to Alliance space before any serious mishap occured. We are plotting your position and will jump to you shortly."
[20:47] <Raith> ::His voice very sincere:: "Thank you Orsi. I owe you one."
[20:48] * Ken has quit (khisanth.otherworlders.org thulcandra.otherworlders.org)
[20:48] * DrCross has quit (khisanth.otherworlders.org thulcandra.otherworlders.org)
[20:49] * Sathara has quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[20:57] * Sathara (~azdesertrose@OWIRCN-2f095004.jax.bellsouth.net) has joined #teara-adan
[20:57] * DrCross (~fudgebob@A6D346.FCC843.8A150B.606859) has joined #teara-adan
[20:57] * Ken (~wildelf9@2A2CA4.6CB250.18E7ED.59A852) has joined #teara-adan
[20:57] * *.otherworlders.org gives channel half-operator status to DrCross
[20:57] * *.otherworlders.org gives voice to Ken
[21:04] * bynw gives voice to Sathara
[21:04] <bynw> *DRAIDS alerts go off showing a single contact. a class 8+ ship has jumped in near
[21:05] * Ken sees if he can route power to shields just in case
[21:06] <Raith> ::Opens a local comm channel to the ship:: "Raith to Orsi."
[21:08] <bynw> *over the local comm* "Ready for pick-up Raith .... we are showing very extensive damage to your engineering section."
[21:09] * DrCross thinks "thats a mild way to say it"
[21:09] <bynw> *Orsi* "Make sure thrusters are off we will attempt to pull you in"
[21:09] * Ken snorts
[21:10] <Ken> "Like I would risk thrusters."
[21:10] * Ken reseals his helmet
[21:12] <DrCross> "Captain, wear your helmet too"
[21:13] <bynw> *the klade ship locks a tractor beam on the Lady Luck ... and begins pulling the damaged ship closer. Jaeih comes on the bridge to see what the ship is moving, she isn't wearing her helmet but carrying it with her*
[21:13] <Raith> ::puts on his helmet::
[21:13] <Raith> "Helmet on Pilot."
[21:14] * Sathara checks the seal on her helmet.
[21:14] <Ken> ::over suit comms:: "I think this tech could be adapted as an integrity field."
[21:15] <bynw> *Jaeih puts on her helmet*
[21:17] * papaganoush (~papaganoush@OWIRCN-accb3152.abhsia.telus.net) has joined #teara-adan
[21:19] * DrCross has quit (Client closed the connection)
[21:20] * Ken shuts down power to thruster controls if any.
[21:21] * DrCross (~fudgebob@A6D346.FCC843.8A150B.606859) has joined #teara-adan
[21:21] * bynw gives channel operator status to DrCross
[21:23] <bynw> *the pull towards the klade ship is slow going ... taking 10-15 minutes to reach the klade ship's docking bay
[21:26] <DrCross> "Cap, i should ready my patient for transport. Maybe the Klade's more complete (I think) medical facilities can help her"
[21:26] <Raith> ::Suit to suit comm to Jaeih:: "Have you met the Klade yet?"
[21:26] <Raith> ::Nods to Dr. Cross::
[21:26] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Never heard of them other than your discussions of them."
[21:27] <Raith> ::Nods:: "They're odd...and fierce. Becareful."
[21:28] * DrCross returns to his medbay, preparing his patient in stasis for transport
[21:29] <bynw> *the bridge panels indicate that there is an atmosphere outside of the ship now in the klade docking bay
[21:30] <Raith> ::Takes off his helmet::
[21:30] * Ken unseals his helmet
[21:30] <Raith> "Sensors indicate an atmosphere outsode the ship."
[21:30] <bynw> *Jaeih quickly removes her's as well* "Can I get out of this thing now?"
[21:31] * Sathara takes off her helmet and fidgets with it.
[21:31] <Raith> "Let's get out of our suits and meet the Klade. Grab any essentials on your way out."
[21:31] * Ken heads to his quarters and grabs his pad with his notes
[21:32] * Sathara takes off her suit and grabs a bag from her room with her personal clothing and general stuff, and then opens the storage locker that holds her weapons and bags them up in a spare duffel.
[21:33] * Ken takes off his suit and grabs his bag of tools and stuffs his various notes and as an afterthoughthis toiletries.
[21:36] * DrCross packs his personal stuff and wheels out his patient's stasis chamber
[21:38] * Ken heads for the airlock with his bag
[21:38] <Raith> ::Gets out of his vac-suit, straps on his gunbelt, holsters his energy pistol, and grabs his lucky jacket on the way out::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member