[19:44]<Bynw> | Master Nym Gibran of the House Horizon
[19:44]<Bynw> | has gathered his apprentices in the
[19:44]<Bynw> | fortress library. There he has set into
[19:44]<Bynw> | motion the beginnings of a great task
[19:44]<Bynw> | for his apprentices.
[19:44]<Bynw> |
[19:44]<Bynw> | They shall travel to Kirsh. The legendary
[19:44]<Bynw> | stronghold (now in ruins) of the ancient
[19:44]<Bynw> | order of Spectral Magicians in Adan.
[19:44]<Bynw> | And the location of the first psychic
[19:44]<Bynw> | matrix. However, its reputation as a
[19:44]<Bynw> | place of evil and dispair is well known.
[19:44]<Bynw> | Even in the Southlands.
[19:44]<Bynw> | Once at Kirsh they are to find out if
[19:44]<Bynw> | Chadwick is indeed on of the Druids
[19:44]<Bynw> | from the region and who he might be
[19:44]<Bynw> | working for as well.
[19:44]<Bynw> | All are to go on this mission for the
[19:44]<Bynw> | Anadari of House Horizon, except for
[19:44]<Bynw> | Nym himself and the apprentice Dennis
[19:44]<Bynw> | Idge.
[19:44]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:44]<Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:44]<Bynw> |         25th of Juni 464 NE
[19:44]<Bynw> |         Game Time: Midday
[19:44]<Bynw> |  Location: Tri-Sun Fortress Library
[19:44]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:44]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:47]<Bynw> *Michon* "Master. Kirsh is in northern Adan. How are we going to get there."
[19:48]<Llanth> "Portal perhaps?"
[19:48]<Master_Nym> ::Looks about at the assembled apprentices and Michon, pausing a bit he smiles and shrugs::
[19:49]* Regan looks at the libary portal.
[19:51]<Master_Nym> "Your not neophytes any longer. It's time to test your resourcefulness. I hope you've all been studying."
[19:51]<Regan> "So, anyone know the address of the King's Portal?" :: Looks to Nym ::
[19:51]<Bynw> *Michon* "Portal jumps Regan are limited. Between two Portals. And distance is a major factor. Now I am skilled at long distance Portal jumping. But I could only get us as far as Montaire or Stonemont at their public Portals. And jumping everyone would take me several days."
[19:52]* Regan looks at his staff breifly.
[19:52]<Regan> *briefly
[19:52]<Master_Nym> ::Strokes his chin once in thought before speaking:: "Utha is roughly that way." ::points to the north east::
[19:52]<Master_Nym> "Kirsh is that way." ::Points north west::
[19:53]<Master_Nym> "Chadwick is in Utha or was."
[19:53]<Master_Nym> "And evidence seems to point to the conclusion that he was or is a druid of Kirsh."
[19:54]<Master_Nym> "We need to know who or what we are facing. Who is the power behind Chadwick and what does it want."
[19:54]<Master_Nym> "The rest I leave to you. If you think Kirsh is too far....well, perhaps Utha is closer."
[19:55]* Regan looks at Nym and makes a gesture with his arms as if to indicate the reverse.
[19:55]<Master_Nym> ::Looks to Regan then nods:: "Uhh yes, that way. You know what I mean." ::chuckles::
[19:56]* Regan smiles. "How about in the middle somewhere?
[19:57]<Bynw> *Tara* "I really don't fancy going to either. But Utha isn't exactly open to a bunch of Anadari. No matter who is in charge there. I think we would be better off going to Kirsh. At least Adan is more friendly. Too many rogue elements in the Uthani countryside."
[19:57]<Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "Exactly my thoughts, so I suggested Kirsh as a start."
[20:00]<Bynw> *Tara* "I could magically gate us a bit closer than either of Master Michon's Portal jumps ... but I don't think I would be ready for at least a day"
[20:01]<Regan> "How about a portal near the rivers, then to Montair? There's a portal there, yes?"
[20:03]<Regan> "Or is Montair a destination that we want? "
[20:03]<Master_Nym> "I hear tell of portal being used in the West Abronn territories to move goods over long distances. Perhaps....You could find one going the right way?"
[20:04]<Master_Nym> ::Looks about as if listening to an unheard voice for  moment:: "We have company coming."
[20:04]<Bynw> *Tara* "That's brilliant! We could have Master Michon get us to one of the open Portals in the Territories and then use the Empire's own Gates."
[20:05]<Bynw> *Michon looks at Nym* "What kind of company?"
[20:05]<Master_Nym> "Enough of this for now. Someone approches..."
[20:05]* Regan raises his shields
[20:07]<Master_Nym> "The magical kind."
[20:07]* Regan raises an eyebrow.
[20:07]* GM (Mibbit@61024F.6BC124.57C150.65EAF2) has joined #teara-adan
[20:08]* Bynw sets mode +m #teara-adan
[20:08]<Bynw> *Michon* "Shall we go some place or are they coming to the library Master?"
[20:09]* GM (Mibbit@61024F.6BC124.57C150.65EAF2) has left #teara-adan
[20:09]* Regan nonchalantly moves next to the library door.
[20:10]<Master_Nym> "I'm not sure where they intend to make themselves known just that they are coming. Or trying to at the least."
[20:10]* Regan keeps an eye on the library portal.
[20:10]<Master_Nym> "Not through a portal, through the same was Iamar travels. Perhaps my Uncle, perhaps not."
[20:11]<Bynw> *Tara* "An astral traveller ...."
[20:11]<Regan> "Someone should watch the Courtyard"
[20:14]* GM (Mibbit@61024F.6BC124.57C150.65EAF2) has joined #teara-adan
[20:15]* GM has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[20:18]<Master_Nym> ::Stares off into the distance, his eyes foggy::
[20:19]<Master_Nym> ::His voice seems distant and distracted:: "No one may not enter without my consent any longer..."
[20:20]* Regan tilts his head, trying to decifer the riddle.
[20:21]* Regan closes his eyes and centers himself.
[20:22]<Regan> !df 6 for Casting out his senses
[20:22]<ChanServ> Result: [ ][-]
  • [ ]

• [20:23]* Regan nods. "Something is in the air just outside the fortress, though not also."
    [20:26]* ambush (~ambush@OWIRCN-4f399531.client.mchsi.com) has joined #teara-adan
    [20:26]* ambush is now known as Taenor
    [20:26]* Bynw gives voice to Taenor
    [20:26]<Master_Nym> ::Regan's hightened senses hear an almost inaudible growl in Nym's chest, so low it couldn't have been heard otherwise::
    [20:26]* Taenor has quit (Changing hosts)
    [20:26]* Taenor (~ambush@ircop.otherworlders.org) has joined #teara-adan
    [20:26]* byss.otherworlders.org gives voice to Taenor
    [20:27]<Master_Nym> "Master Seton of the Anadari council has come to speak to us."
    [20:27]* Regan looks at Nym in surprise. "Master?"
    [20:28]<Master_Nym> ::Sighs:: "Master Seton and I do not always see eye to eye, but he is a Master none the less and due the respect of his office."
    [20:31]<Bynw> *Tara* "The courtyard as the usual place for receiving uninvited guests...."
    [20:31]<Daine> ::Leans close to Llanth and whispers:: "It seems...odd. I have never even been to Polaris. What should I respect?"
    [20:32]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Tara::
    [20:32]<Bynw> *Tara heads for the courtyard to see this Anadari Master who has arrived*
    [20:33]<Master_Nym> ::Waves for the others to follow, then trails behind Tara towards the courtyard to speak with Seton::
    [20:33]* Llanth shrugs.
    [20:34]<Bynw> *as the anadari regather in the courtyard on the warm afternoon. they find it empty save for Nym's steed, Iamar.*
    [20:34]<Daine> ::sniffs at Llanth, but smiles and nods in agreement as well, then follows Nym::
    [20:36]<Master_Nym> ::Eyes the Steed making sure it is Iamar and not just simular to Iamar::
    [20:38]<Master_Nym> ::Looks confused but nods respectfully to Iamar:: "Where is our guest Iamar?" ::comes close to pat and rub her neck in greeting::
    [20:38]* Regan looks around the courtyard.
    [20:38]<Bynw> *once all of the anadari are standing around looking ... Master Seton fades into view from the Astral. He is on a beast very similar to Iamar. Although some 17 hands high. Pale like the 2nd moon .. definitely a Tricon.*
    [20:40]<Master_Nym> "Dramatic entrances don't suit you Master Seton. The desert has no use for them."
    [20:40]* Regan places himself next to Risira and flicks a throwing knife into his free hand silently.
    [20:40]<Bynw> *Master Seton slips off the beast and gives it a fond pat. He turns to Nym and gives him a slight bow* "I am honored to be here Master Nym."
    [20:41]* Llanth shoots a glare at Regan.
    [20:43]<Bynw> *He looks around* "You have done well. I was unsure of your capabilities when you came before the Council with your idea. I am glad I did not outright dismiss it or you."
    [20:43]* Regan places his hand behind him slowly, then returns the knife to it's sheath.
    [20:44]<Master_Nym> ::Bows back same depth, same duration, he seems to relax at Seton's words and nods almost inperceptablly::
    [20:45]<Bynw> *Seton* "The Council has sent me because you are one of two of our members that does not reside within the walls of Polaris. I have come to get your vote and bring it back to the Council on the admittance of an 8th member. Once we have the 8th we can proceed to find the 9th and then return to our number at the founding."
    [20:46]<Master_Nym> ::He pauses for a moment, seeming to be in thought:: "You are welcome to take shelter from the desert here. House Horizon welcomes you as our guest."
    [20:46]<Master_Nym> "Please come inside."
    [20:47]<Bynw> *Seton follows Nyn and Iamar goes up to the other Tricon*
    [20:48]* Regan watches the two mounts with curiosity.
    [20:49]<Master_Nym> "Let us retire to the great hall to talk. Are you hungry? Thirsty?" ::Bids Seton to follow him and heads to the Great hall::
    [20:50]<Bynw> *Seton* "Thank you. no*
    [20:52]<Bynw> *Seton* "As you know. Travel across the Astral is swift. No matter the distance"
    [20:53]* Regan points to the two tricons and whispers to Llanth. "They know each other."
    [20:54]* Regan raises an eyebrow at Seton's statement of distance travel.
    [20:55]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.05E72F.20D902) has joined #teara-adan
    [20:55]* jlcsusara has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
    [20:55]* Regan counts to himself.
    [20:55]<Daine> ::Waits for a moment while Nym and Seton move on then whispers to the others:: "I guess we're just window dressing? ::sniffs in Nym's direction, then follows::
    [20:55]* Taenor follows Daine, lost in thought.
    [20:57]<Llanth> @@:: To Regan:: One would assume that members of a race rare as they seem to be....::@@
    [20:57]* Regan nods
    [20:57]* Master_Nym enters the great hall, motions for Seton to take a seat anywhere and takes one himself
    [20:58]<Bynw> *Seton arrives in the great hall just after Nym and takes a seat. waiting for the apprentices to arrive*
    [20:58]<Bynw> *Seton* "Before they get here. You get to pass your vote on the 8th member to the Council. It is someone you know already."
    [20:59]* Regan takes a seat somewhat across from Seton, but not directly across.
    [20:59]<Master_Nym> "Master Seton, may I introduce you to House Horizon's members." ::one by one Nym names each of the apprentices as they enter the great hall and introduces Michon as well::
    [21:00]* Regan nods respectively as he is introduced.
    [21:00]* Taenor looks up, nods briefly, and goes back to deep thoughts as he is introduced.
    [21:00]<Bynw> *Seton nods at all of them* "So your vote Master Nym. The man we are wanting to admit as the 8th member to the Council is Master Vor'en. Your elven Knight of Bindar."
    [21:01]* Regan looks at Llanth.
    [21:01]<Daine> ::Stiffly bows at the waist as he is introduced, his expression as usual is sour::
    [21:01]* Llanth brushes a few stray strands of hair from his eyes as he enters and meets Master Seton's gaze and nods.
    [21:02]<Master_Nym> ::his mouth drops open::
    [21:02]* Taenor briefly kicks his brother in the shin.
    [21:02]* Regan waits to see if Llanth recognizes the name.
    [21:03]<Daine> ::Shoots Taenor a heated look that melts away as quick as it comes. Then shoves him nonchalantly before taking a seat himself::
    [21:04]<Bynw> *Seton* "Do you admit him or do you not."
    [21:04]* Taenor grins at Daine, and nods slightly towards the Visiting Master.
    [21:04]<Master_Nym> "I, I, I'm sorry but did you say Master Vor'en?"
    [21:05]<Bynw> *Seton* "Yes Master Vor'en of the Knights of Bindar."
    [21:06]<Master_Nym> "The Knights of Bindar have returned to the world, er to Polaris?"
    [21:06]<Bynw> "he has and he has been seen with an apprentice as well" *Seton states*
    [21:08]* Regan looks back at Seton at the mention of an apprentice.
    [21:08]<Master_Nym> "I'm sorry Master Seton, I'm, I'm just...It's, the news, caught me a bit unaware. It's a lot to take in."
    [21:09]<Bynw> *Seton* "Indeed"
    [21:11]<Master_Nym> "A Knight of Bindar has returned to the world and to the path of the light. That...is remarkable. Vor'en has returned to the light hand s a rogue of his house or a herald for the entire house?"
    [21:11]* Regan looks back at Llanth and mouths the name Vor'en silently in question.
    [21:12]<Daine> Roll 4df for Anadari Knowledge
    [21:13]<Daine> !df
    [21:13]<Daine> !df 4
    [21:13]<ChanServ> Result:
  • [ ][ ][-]
    [21:13]<Bynw> "The Knights of Bindar walk in shadow. Neither the Light or the Dark. How, they do that without going mad we do not know. And Vor'en was their when you made your announcement to form this House and he said that his House supported it. And no Knight of Bindar has been on the Council in nearly 200 years."
    [21:16]<Daine> ::Looks at Seton as if he just sprouted a 2nd AND 3rd head::
    [21:16]* Regan closes his eyes.
    [21:16]<Regan> !df 4 for Anadari Knowledge
    [21:16]<ChanServ> Result: [-][ ]
  • [ ]
    [21:16]<Master_Nym> ::Rubs his chin in thought for a moment::
    [21:17]<Bynw> *Seton* "I voted yes"
    [21:17]<Master_Nym> ::His mouth drops open again and for a moment he stares at Seton::
    [21:19]<Master_Nym> ::He recovers quickly and ponders a moment before answering:: "My vote is yes."
    [21:20]<Daine> ::Looks at Nym in astonishment, now his mouth agape::
    [21:21]<Bynw> *Seton smiles* "By simple majority Vor'en will be granted a seat. No matter what that idiot Reynal does."
    [21:22]<Master_Nym> "Master Reynal? What of him?"
    [21:22]<Bynw> *Seton* "He hasnt voted yet."
    [21:24]<Bynw> *Seton* "Well I did come here for 2 things. Both of which are because you do not reside at Polaris. The vote is one of them. The other is great news and wonderful news as well."
    [21:24]<Master_Nym> ::Nods slowly:: "I'm afraid I do not share your enthusiasm in this Master Seton. It is a dangerous thing to let Vor'en on the council, but so long as he is willing to talk I think it is better to allow him then not."
    [21:24]<Bynw> "Our order has long held a connection to the silver realm." *he looks around to make sure everyone understands his words*
    [21:25]<Master_Nym> "I will reserve my judgement of Vor'en until I know the man better."
    [21:27]<Master_Nym> ::Stops and listens intently to Seton::
    [21:28]<Bynw> *Seton* "We have been granted a privilege. A tribe of Tricon's has agreed to serve the Anadari."
    [21:28]<Master_Nym> ::Nods looking impressed:: "A great privilege indeed."
    [21:29]* Regan opens his eyes at the mention of the tribe.
    [21:29]<Daine> ::Smiles at the other apprentices and nods::
    [21:30]<Bynw> *Seton* "Now make sure you understand. This tribe is serving the Anadari. Not House Horizon. Not Polaris. But all the Anadari."
    [21:30]<Master_Nym> "Most auspicious. Most auspicious."
    [21:31]<Master_Nym> "I understand." ::he nods to Seton::
    [21:31]<Master_Nym> "Never the less I would like to request a loan of a few of the tribe for a short time."
    [21:33]<Master_Nym> "Matters have come up that require attention in Kirsh. I have dispatched my apprentices. They where discussing options on travel...."
    [21:33]<Bynw> *Seton* "They are not on loan. Any Anadari may Call for one. Then that one will serve that Anadari for the rest of its life. Now they may not come if called by an apprentice. But they will come if called by a full Knight or Master. But Nym you cannot call one as you already have one serving you."
    [21:34]* Regan frowns slightly.
    [21:35]<Master_Nym> "I see."
    [21:37]<Master_Nym> "I'm afraid my apprentices are not ready for their trials. They have yet to fashion a Star Sword of their own."
    [21:38]<Master_Nym> "Though they are all well accomplished."
    [21:38]* Regan looks at his staff briefly then flickers a glance at Tara.
    [21:38]<Master_Nym> "How would a Knight call one of the Tribe?"
    [21:38]<Bynw> *Seton* "That is what I came here for, to gather you vote. And to tell you of the Tricons that now serve us willingly as mounts. We are indeed ready."
    [21:39]<Bynw> "Just Call out to the Astral from one" *Seton says*
    [21:40]<Master_Nym> ::Eyes Seton:: "Mounts....I wouldn't let your friend in the courtyard hear you talk like that. A word of warning Master." ::smiles::
    [21:41]<Master_Nym> "I will see what can be done Master. My apprentices are resourceful if nothing else."
    [21:42]<Bynw> "Badri is well aware of any terms I am using. He is in my mind right now. And he thanks you for looking after his filly"
    [21:42]* Regan whispers "I knew it."
    [21:43]<Master_Nym> ::Raises his eyebrows:: "I see. I will endeor not to let him down."
    [21:44]<Master_Nym> "If that is all Master I would ask you to carry a message for me back to Polaris, to Vor'en. Please."
    [21:44]<Regan> To Tara: @@ I think it is time to make that 'arangement", my lady. @@
    [21:45]<Bynw> *Seton* "Of course"
    [21:47]<Master_Nym> "Please inform him that I would like to speak with him at his earliest discretion. I believe House Horizon has something of his."
    [21:47]<Bynw> *He nods* "Very well."
    [21:47]* Regan head whips to Nym.
    [21:47]* Regan then nods.
    [21:48]<Bynw> *Seton casts out to see if Nym's shield over the fortress was down*
    [21:48]<Regan> "Um, Master Seton?" :: asked with respect ::
    [21:49]<Bynw> *Seton* "Yes Regan is it?"
    [21:49]* Regan smiles. "Yes, Regan. Who is Master Vor'en's apprentice, if I may ask?"
    [21:50]<Daine> ::Looks to Regan, then Seton with interest::
    [21:50]<Bynw> "I didn't catch his name. He's an elf like himself"
    [21:51]<Master_Nym> ::Nods in thought::
    [21:51]* Regan nods
    [21:52]<Bynw> *Seton stands up from his chair and bows slightly to the assembled Anadari* "I bid you Adieu" *he reaches up and slightly behind him as the pale Tricon 'Badri' materializes for an instant and then they are both gone*
    [21:53]* Regan waves to Seton's shadow.
    [21:54]<Master_Nym> ::Sighs:: "interesting news. I would suggest to anyone who does not know the name Bindar to use your new powers and query the matrix. The information will come in use I think."
    [21:57]* Regan nods at Nym's words.
    [22:00]<Daine> "But first you'd better find a way to Kirsh. I'll contact David and see if he can issue you a pass on his portals, though I've no doubt it will cost you to take that ride."
    [22:00]<Daine> "Uh the portals in the West Abronn territories I mean."
    [22:01]* Regan 's stomach growls. "It seems I'm hungry." he says with embarassment at the loud growl. "Sorry."
    [22:02]* Taenor has quit (Connection closed)
    [22:05]<Bynw> *Tara* "I wouldnt worry about the costs of using the Imperial Gates."
    [22:08]<Master_Nym> "Oh? Why is that? If I know David he wouldn't give anything away for free to anyone if profit could possibly be made."
    [22:08]* Llanth is now known as Elim-Sleep
    [22:08]<Bynw> "Because I can pay the fare to use them" *she replies*
    [22:08]<Master_Nym> ::chuckles and bows deeply to Tara::

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member