[19:46]<Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:46]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:46]<Bynw> | Risira has been initiated into House
[19:46]<Bynw> | Horizon as an Anadari Apprentice. She
[19:46]<Bynw> | has been unconsious for a couple of
[19:46]<Bynw> | days.
[19:46]<Bynw> |
[19:46]<Bynw> | The training continues for the rest of
[19:46]<Bynw> | the Anadari Apprentices under Nym Gibran.
[19:46]<Bynw> | They are starting to excell in their
[19:46]<Bynw> | own areas of expertise that are showing
[19:46]<Bynw> | in their training.
[19:46]<Bynw> | Tara is of course the highest ranked
[19:46]<Bynw> | of the apprentices. And is virtually
[19:46]<Bynw> | incharge of the Fortress when Nym or
[19:46]<Bynw> | Michon are not around.
[19:46]<Bynw> | She excells at arcane knowlege. Both
[19:46]<Bynw> | Anadari and Magical. And also has a
[19:46]<Bynw> | fair understanding of history.
[19:46]<Bynw> | Daine is the next highest ranked. His
[19:46]<Bynw> | initial training was harsh and almost
[19:46]<Bynw> | brought to the point of knighthood. He
[19:46]<Bynw> | is proving himself to be a skilled
[19:46]<Bynw> | smith on the forge.
[19:46]<Bynw> | Llanth is learning many of the Arcane
[19:46]<Bynw> | secrets under the tutalage of Tara. His
[19:46]<Bynw> | skill with a bow is well known by many.
[19:46]<Bynw> | Anadari and otherwise.
[19:46]<Bynw> | Taenor and Dennis are usually non-combatants.
[19:46]<Bynw> | Although both can hold their own in
[19:46]<Bynw> | a fight. Taenor's calling is that of
[19:46]<Bynw> | a Healer. And Dennis is a skilled
[19:46]<Bynw> | Diplomat, dispite his young years.
[19:46]<Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:46]<Bynw> |         25th of Juni 464 NE
[19:46]<Bynw> |         Game Time: Sunrise
[19:46]<Bynw> |     Location: Tri-Sun Fortress
[19:46]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:47]* genshou has quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[19:51]* Regan is in the library.
[19:52]<Bynw> *Tara is in the library unpacking some wooden boxes with books and scrolls and putting them on the many empty shelves
[19:53]* genshou (~potato@OWIRCN-16068787.bois.qwest.net) has joined #teara-adan
[19:53]<Regan> "Hello Tara. Need some help.
[19:53]<Regan> "
[19:53]<Regan> *?
[19:53]* Llanth stands in the training ground staring down a practice target.
[19:54]* Taenor is in the barracks/student's quarters meditating.
[19:54]<Bynw> *Tara* "Naw I think I have it. Just a few more books to add to the collection."
[19:56]* DesertRose is now known as Risira
[19:56]<Bynw> *Tara to Regan* "Any topic of interest you would like to have added. I'm just getting books copied from Torr's library."
[19:56]* Bynw gives voice to Risira
[19:56]<Llanth> "Allright lets see how this works."
[19:57]<Llanth> !df 4
[19:57]<ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(+)(-)
[19:57]* Regan nods as he picks one of the books up and read the title on the leather binding: The adventures of Jain Farstrider. ::Turns to Tara:: "Yes actually, anything about the Southern areas would be good." ::Smiles::
[19:58]* Regan puts the book on the shelf.
[19:58]<Llanth> !df 6
[19:58]<ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)( )( )( )(-)
[20:01]* Llanth mutters under his breath as flames begin to wreath his hand and a ball of fire leaps from his hand to the target.
[20:01]<Llanth> "Hmm impressive, need to work on that.
[20:03]<Regan> "Do you have anything on portals?"
[20:03]<Llanth> "Maybe next time I won't singe my fingertips."
[20:04]* Llanth sniffs his finger tips. "Yuck brimstone."
[20:07]<Bynw> *Tara* "Somewhere I'm sure. I'm really not paying attention to the titles ..."
[20:07]<Bynw> *out in the training ground Michon stands watching Llanth blast one of the archery targets away with magic*
[20:09]* warlordbcm1 (~warlordbcm1@48DFF2.199311.0335D9.873D9D) has joined #teara-adan
[20:10]* warlordbcm1 (~warlordbcm1@48DFF2.199311.0335D9.873D9D) has left #teara-adan ([CyberScript])
[20:11]<Bynw> *Michon claps* "I see you have traded the bow for something a little more powerful"
[20:11]<Llanth> "Power?"
[20:12]* Kagi (~Nameless@OWIRCN-dec228ab.ma.charter.com) has joined #teara-adan
[20:12]<Bynw> *Michon* "Powerful ... a bow only has so much force behind it."
[20:14]<Bynw> *Michon* "Like Daine's gun ... is more powerful than your bow. And of course magic can rip a whole through a wall"
[20:14]<Llanth> "And yet bows have slain untold numbers of people. I think that the strength of the weapon combined with the will to use it is what determines the power."
[20:15]<Bynw> *Michon nods in agreement* "Very true apprentice." *he looks down the range to the other targets and reaches out his hand in the direction of one of them*
[20:15]<Llanth> "With the bow I could choose to slay a foe or disable them, but the display you just saw has only purpose."
[20:15]<Llanth> only one*
[20:16]<Bynw> *the target seems to vibrate as if it was being hit by a strong breeze*
[20:16]<Bynw> !df 8
[20:16]<ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)(+)(+)( )(+)(+)(+)
[20:16]* Risira wakes in her bed, still in the gray linen dress from her initiation ritual.  She notices immediately that she has a splitting headache but is otherwise fine.  She goes to her Healer's kit and mixes herself a headache remedy and then bathes and changes into a blue linen dress.  Smoothing her dress, she goes down to the library.
[20:16]<Regan> *To Tara* "I could use a book on runes, too." ::Walks to another shelf and inspects it, then he frowns and shrugs.::
[20:17]<Regan> ::Returns to Tara::
[20:17]<Bynw> *Michon falls back a little bit but doesnt loose his stance ... the target down range rips into a multitude of fragments*
[20:17]* Risira nods to Regan and Tara as she enters the library.
[20:18]<Bynw> *Tara* "Magic is going to be in that section over there" *she points to a shelf that is basically empty*
[20:18]<Regan> Ah, Risira. How do you feel?"
[20:18]<Risira> "A bit of a headache, but otherwise I'm fine, thank you.  And how are you today?"
[20:19]<Bynw> *Michon smiles at Llanth* "The strength of the weapon and the determination to use it."
[20:19]* Llanth points to another target.
[20:19]* Taenor rises from meditation, and walks towards the library.
[20:20]<Llanth> !df 6
[20:20]<ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(+)( )(-)(-)
[20:21]* Llanth mutters quietly stammering a few times, as the indicated target is suddenly surrounded by darkness.
[20:21]<Regan> ::To Risira:: "Pretty good. The headache should go away soon." ::Smiles knowingly::
[20:22]<Bynw> *Michon wipes a few beads of sweat from his forehead*
[20:22]* robert (~Spunky@OWIRCN-dec228ab.ma.charter.com) has joined #teara-adan
[20:22]* robert is now known as Master_Nym
[20:22]* Bynw gives voice to Master_Nym
[20:22]* Kagi is now known as Daine
[20:22]<Risira> "Being a Healer, I have ways around headaches, anyway."  She smiles.
[20:23]* Taenor walks by Risira, lightly pinches her bottom, and continues going over to the shelves, looking for Healer's texts.
[20:23]* Bynw gives voice to Daine
[20:23]<Regan> ::Walks over to the basically empty shelf that Tara indicated.::
[20:23]* Risira turns an irritated look on Taenor and then laughs.
[20:24]* Taenor turns a quick, lecherous grin, then goes back to scanning the shelves.
[20:24]* Llanth looks to Michon.
[20:24]<Bynw> *Tara finishes up another crate of books* "Well that does it for this shelf. Time to see about what else maybe needed. Let me know if there is anything you specifically want. And pass the word to the others as well."
[20:25]* Regan nods to Tara.
[20:26]* Regan removes a book from the shelf and puts it under his arm. "Well, I need to read something."
[20:26]<Bynw> *tara stacks up 4 empty crates and puts her hands on them and then whispers a word of a power and vanishes from the library*
[20:27]* Regan blinks.
[20:28]* Daine is hammering away at the forge in the courtyard.
[20:29]* Master_Nym enters the library.
[20:29]* Risira pulls a book off a shelf and begins to page through it, looking up at Master Nym's entrance.
[20:29]* Regan moves over to where Tara was and looks down at the floor, puzzeled.
[20:29]* Taenor looks up and bows slightly at Nym's entrance.
[20:30]<Master_Nym> ::Carries a book in hand by the name of "Tales of War and Providence"::
[20:31]<Master_Nym> ::Looks a bit weary:: "Regan, I see you've been hard at work with your studies."
[20:32]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Taenor::
[20:32]* Regan puts up a hand in forebarence to Nym momentarilly.
[20:32]<Regan> !df 6 for Seeing
[20:32]<ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(+)(-)( )( )
[20:33]<Master_Nym> ::Shelves his book and moves near Risira:: "Good to see you up and about. How do you feel?"
[20:34]* Risira smiles and bows her head to Master Nym.  "I'm doing all right.  A bit of a headache but otherwise I feel fine."
[20:34]<Regan> ::Opens his eyes and bows to Nym.::
[20:36]<Regan> ::Moves to the shelf and reads the title of Nym's book that he just returned.::
[20:39]<Master_Nym> ::Inclines his head at Regan, then to Risira:: "Good. You are a bit older then some of the other students, though you are fresh to the ways of the Anadari. My hope is that you will bring some....wisdom to the other students." ::smiles::
[20:39]* Regan raises an eyebrow.
[20:39]<Bynw> *Michon to Llanth* "Movement of the mind. My own Deryni and Anadari powers are some of my weapons. Of course others are useful too. Right tool for the right job as it were."
[20:42]<Regan> ::Turns to Nym::  "Master, are you finished with this?" ::Points to Nym's book::
[20:43]* Risira blushes.  "I don't know how much wisdom I can lay claim to, Master Nym, but I will be glad to help my brothers and sisters in any way I can."
[20:44]* Regan wink and smiles at Risira's answer.
[20:45]<Bynw> *another soft popping sound as air is pushed aside suddenly near the empty shelves that Tara was pointing to previously*
[20:45]<Bynw> *Tara is back in the library with another 4 wooden crates stacked up full of books and scrolls*
[20:46]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Regan:: "For now, yes. It's just ancient tales of the Anadari. I doubt you'd be interested."
[20:47]<Master_Nym> ::He leans in close to Risira and whispers:: "Any wisdom you have will be of use to my students I think." ::chuckles softly::
[20:47]* Risira blushes and laughs.
[20:47]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles at Tara::
[20:48]* Regan shrugs. "Well, tales of the Anadari sounds interesting." :Pulls the book from the shelf and puts it under his arm also.::
[20:48]<Master_Nym> "as for the rest of you...you should be contemplating how best to obtain stock for your Star Swords."
[20:50]* Regan nods at Nym's comment the turns to Tara.
[20:50]<Regan> @ I would like to see your father about that, m'lady.@
[20:51]<Bynw> *Tara unpacks another crate and starts to put up some books on the shelf for magical information
[20:51]<Bynw> @@ "It can be arranged." @@ *she sends back to him*
[20:52]* Regan nods.
[20:52]<Bynw> *Michon to Llanth* "What other spells has she taught you?"
[20:52]<Regan> @@ "That would be appreciated. Thank you." @@
[20:52]<Llanth> "Well lets see here..."
[20:53]* Regan picks up a book from the crate and inspects it.
[20:55]<Master_Nym> ::nods to himself and sighs::
[20:55]<Master_Nym> @@::To Daine:: "Please join us in the Library."@@
[20:55]* Regan turns to Nym. "Stock?"
[20:55]<Llanth> !df 6
[20:55]<ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(-)(-)( )(+)
[20:56]<Master_Nym> @@::taps Llanth's shields::@@
[20:56]<Daine> @@"Yes, master."@@
[20:56]<Bynw> *Tara* "It takes years of study or sometimes just a knack to pick up on magic from a book of theories ... and beginning studies"
[20:56]* Llanth mumbles some words faltering noticeable when Master_Nym taps his shields.
[20:57]* Regan puts the book on the shelf.
[20:57]* Llanth steps onto the floating disc that appears before him.
[20:57]<Llanth> @@::Yes?::@@
[20:58]* Taenor grabs the book he was looking for and sits down
[20:58]<Master_Nym> ::Looks to Regan:: "Ye. You will need the physical component of your Star Sword to imbue. Your Staff will do I suppose, if that is your choice. But I warn you a Star Sword is not to be taken lightly. Anadari often only make one or possibly two in their lifetimes."
[20:59]<Master_Nym> @@::To Llanth:: "Please join us in the Library."@@
[20:59]* Regan sits down and nods to Nym. "It will be the staff. I would not care to part with it anyways."
[21:01]<Llanth> @@::Be there shortly::@@
[21:01]<Daine> ::Nods:: "Then you have your physical component. You are ready to forge your Star Sword. Perhaps old tales of Anadari and questions about your inheritance are not the best ways to spend your time and attention?"
[21:02]<Llanth> "Master Michon, I have been summoned to the library and thus must depart your presence."
[21:02]<Daine> ((Nym, not Daine))
[21:02]* Llanth goes floating toward the library.
[21:02]* Daine enters the Library.
[21:03]<Bynw> *Michon himself comes in to the library as well, bringing Dennis with him*
[21:03]<Master_Nym> ::nods to Daine:: "Please take a seat."
[21:03]<Regan> To Nym. "The Past teaches. I don't like making mistakes others have already made and written about." ::Smiles::
[21:04]* Llanth floats into the library on the disc.
[21:04]* Llanth steps off of the disc and takes a sit.
[21:04]* Regan raises an eyebrow at the disc.
[21:04]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Regan:: "Some knowledge must be experienced, not read."
[21:04]<Master_Nym> "Good you are all here."
[21:04]<Regan> "I agree."
[21:06]<Master_Nym> "The time has come again for you to venture from the tri-sun fortress. I have a task for you."
[21:08]<Master_Nym> "A few of the Anadari masters, including myself, have foreseen a great and dark force gathering strength. I do not know who or what, but I suspect that the Druid Chadwick is might...."
[21:09]<Master_Nym> "You've all sen first hand what he is capable of." ::glances at Regan::
[21:09]* Regan nods again.
[21:12]<Master_Nym> "He is a very elusive target. Last I've seen of him he was attending the ceremony in Utha vesting Bishop Poole as the regional bishop."
[21:14]<Master_Nym> "We know next to nothing of him or his modivations. A connection between Chadwick and the Druids of Kirsh is very possible. I think it wise to know more..."
[21:14]<Master_Nym> "I'd like you all to travel to Kirsh and see what you can find."
[21:15]<Master_Nym> "The Druids there will not be friendly or talkative."
[21:16]<Master_Nym> "None the less I'd like you to try to find out if they are connected to Chadwick and how."
[21:16]<Bynw> *Michon coughs*
[21:17]<Bynw> *Dennis looks like Nym is speaking a language other than Cana*
[21:17]<Master_Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at Michon:: "you've something to add Master Michon?"
[21:18]* Regan scratches his head in confusion but remains silent.
[21:18]<Bynw> *Michon* "Forgive me Master. But do you think they are ready for such a journey to Kirsh."
[21:20]<Master_Nym> ::Looks about at the assembled students for a moment. meeting each in the eye in turn before he speaks:: "....Yes."
[21:21]<Bynw> *Michon watches Nym and then nods*
[21:25]<Bynw> *Michon* "Who all is going? Are there any that are staying behind?"
[21:26]* Regan looks at Tara.
[21:27]<Master_Nym> ::Looks about at the assembled students again:: "I have faith in your abilities. You have all proven yourselves to be exceptional students. This is the most difficult task I have set for you to date. many of you are close to knighthood within the Anadari, but you must all make your Star Swords a priority. They are your greatest defense."
[21:28]<Master_Nym> "Dennis will stay behind for now. Michon I would like you to go. I will stay behind here at the fortress."
[21:28]<Risira> "When are we to leave, Master Nym?"
[21:30]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles at Risira:: "As soon as you can get your supplies together. As usual."
[21:31]<Master_Nym> "I will contact my friend Benedict and let him know you are coming. He can help you and act as your base camp."
[21:31]<Master_Nym> "Excuse me, King Benedict."
[21:32]* Risira 's eyes widen.
[21:32]* Regan mouths the words King Benedict and whistle low.
[21:32]<Bynw> *Michon nods*
[21:33]<Master_Nym> "Be respectful, you represent our house wherever you go."
[21:34]<Regan> "Will we need mounts Master?"
[21:35]<Master_Nym> "The Swamps of Kirsh are home to the Druids. The use of Mounts will be limited, but useful. Beware they will NOT welcome students of mine. You will have to be creative in contacting them. I suggest you not mention me.
[21:35]<Master_Nym> "
[21:37]<Regan> "Um, Master. Won't Chadwick recognize some of us?"
[21:38]<Master_Nym> "Chadwick is in Utha."
[21:39]* Regan nods. "Yes, but for how long is he is indeed in line with these druids?"
[21:39]<Regan> is = if
[21:40]<Master_Nym> "I do not know Regan, that will be your task to find out. One last warning. Kirsh is the origin of the creatures Chadwick used to kill, owlbears. They inhabit all of Kirsh and the Druids use them for their own vile deeds."
[21:41]* Regan snarls silently.
[21:41]<Master_Nym> "I would strongly advise against fighting the druids head on."
[21:41]<Master_Nym> "We only want information."
[21:42]<Bynw> *Michon* "What information do we seek Master?"
[21:42]<Master_Nym> "I will use the Matrix and contact you via mindspeech with anything I can supply to help."
[21:42]<Master_Nym> ::To Michon:: "Anything about Chadwick you can find. Something we can use against him would be best."
[21:43]<Master_Nym> "Who he is working for would be even better."
[21:43]<Llanth> "So I am to understand that all druids are evil?
[21:43]<Llanth> "
[21:44]<Master_Nym> ::Looks quizzically at Llanth:: "Of course not. Tennes embraces the migration of Druids from the south and one of my good friends is a Druid."
[21:45]<Master_Nym> "Camidus."
[21:47]<Master_Nym> "It is simply a religion, a way of life some would argue."
[21:47]<Master_Nym> "Just as all christians are not saints, and all Uthani are not evil."
[21:49]<Regan> "Master? Why would Chadwick have been at the ceremony?"
[21:49]<Master_Nym> "I do not know."
[21:50]<Regan> "Wouldn't it be more effective to go to Utha and find out?" ::Said with repsect::
[21:50]<Master_Nym> "He crossed the desert on the other side of the maine river on foot, no easy task, just to get into Utha. I do not know what he is looking for. I am hoping that some information on who he is might help us discover that."
[21:51]<Master_Nym> ::Looks to Regan with a smile:: "Perhaps...."
[21:52]* Regan looks at Daine. "Your country. You would have friends there to help, I would hope?"
[21:52]<Master_Nym> "You tried to find him when you knew he was stalking the mountains south of here, How well did you fair? Utha itself is ten a hundred times the size of that."
[21:54]<Bynw> *Tara* "What we know of this Chadwick is that he is a druid. And a rogue one at that. Most likely originating from the druids of Kirsh. Who have never been a kind or helpful lot. They swore their alliegence to Lord Parshawl. So if Chadwick is working for someone with his powers. I cannot even begin to think of who or what it could be."
[21:55]<Daine> ::Looks to Regan, his face a study in granite:: "My...friends, where members of the church....cult of Twan do. Alec Gibran killed my master and butchered or scattered everyone I ever knew. Who would I go to? Would you really want to talk to anyone I knew in my past life brother?"
[21:57]* Regan smiles sincerely at Daine. "No, maybe not.The thought did occur to me that maybe, since you are from there, we would not be at as much a disadvantage, 'tis all."
[21:58]<Daine> ::shrugs:: "My home is here now. I have nothing but shadows and memories there."
[21:58]<Master_Nym> "Alec doesn't seem to understand how dangerous Chadwick is, he will not help."
[21:58]<Bynw> *Michon* "The other problem with going to Utha. Is speaking Valmari."
[21:59]* Regan nods then nods to Nym as to say 'Okay then.'.
[21:59]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Michon:: "As dangerous as Kirsh maybe Utha might be even more so right now."
[21:59]* Risira (~nora@DesertRose.Editor.Writer.Creator) has left #teara-adan (Konversation terminated!)
[22:00]<Daine> "So to Kirsh with us."
[22:00]* Taenor has quit (Quit: )
[22:01]* Regan laughs at the joke. "Yes, to Kirsh with us indeed."

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member