[19:43]<Bynw> | A week has passed since House Horizon
[19:43]<Bynw> | reactivated the Southern Matrix. No
[19:43]<Bynw> | visitors have arrived to the desert
[19:43]<Bynw> | fortress in this time.
[19:43]<Bynw> |
[19:43]<Bynw> | Training has been in and out with
[19:43]<Bynw> | several of the apprentices getting some
[19:43]<Bynw> | kind of individual training and other
[19:43]<Bynw> | missions even outside of the Fortress.
[19:43]<Bynw> |
[19:43]<Bynw> | Some have been gone for days.
[19:43]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:43]<Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:43]<Bynw> |         22nd of Juni 464 NE
[19:43]<Bynw> |     Game Time: Just past Midday
[19:43]<Bynw> |     Location: Tri-Sun Fortress
[19:43]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:43]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:44]* Master_Nym resides in what passes for the Tri-sun's meager, but growing, library.
[19:49]* Regan passes by the library door and pauses, bread and cheese in his hand.
[19:50]<Daine> ::deep in the interiour of the fortress the portal chamber comes to life with a flash::
[19:50]* Daine steps down from the portal platform
[19:51]<Daine> "Good to be home."
[19:51]<Master_Nym> ::Looks up from a particularly thick and old book as Regan passes the doorway::
[19:51]* Llanth steps through the portal behind Daine.
[19:52]<Regan> "Afternoon, Master."
[19:52]<Master_Nym> "Hello Regan. Do you always walk and eat at the same time?"
[19:53]* Regan shrugs. "I can do more than one thing at a time on occasion." ::Smiles::
[19:54]<Daine> "I'm glad to be away from the ceremony...and Alec. You Llanth?"
[19:54]<Regan> "Anything interesting?" he asks as he indicates the book.
[19:54]<Llanth> "Too many people."
[19:56]<Master_Nym> "Somewhat. Legends and Myths of the Ancient days of the Anadari...and the things the Matrix's where used to do."
[19:56]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[19:57]<Daine> "On that we can agree. I never took to the city life well."
[19:58]* Regan nods. "Have you ever come across a group called the Colourga Mages, by any chance Master?"
[19:58]* shyanntech (Mibbit@OWIRCN-14e5d099.mibbit.com) has joined #teara-adan
[19:58]<Master_Nym> "No I can't say as the name is familiar. A splinter group of the Spectrals?"
[19:59]<Daine> "Good food though."
[20:00]<Regan> "I'm not sure. All I know is that they created my staff. I thought you might know more." ::scatches his head in disappointment.
[20:00]<Regan> *scratches
[20:00]<Bynw> *Michon comes to the portal chamber* "I thought the alarm went off. A friendly one it was though. Master Nym is in the library. I'm sure he would like a report from the both of you."
[20:01]<Daine> "Yes Master. We where just on our way." ::nods to Llanth and heads to the library::
[20:03]<Bynw> *Michon* "And Llanth. Be sure to check in with Tara as well. She said she might have some more training for you in your other studies"
[20:03]<Master_Nym> "You might try asking Tara, she has much greater knowledge then myself in that area. How do you know who created your staff?"
[20:04]<Llanth> "Will do, where might she be found?"
[20:04]<Daine> "Ha! Nose to the books."
[20:04]<Regan> ::Smiles:: "I already talked to Tara about it, Master."
[20:05]<Bynw> *Michon to Llanth* "I'm not sure today."
[20:05]<Regan> "If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't even know this much about it."
[20:06]<Master_Nym> ::Nods with a half smile:: "Ah I see. Then I can not say. My only council is patience, perhaps the answer will reveal itself in time."
[20:07]<Master_Nym> "I have given all of you access to the knowledge stores in the Matrix, perhaps...."
[20:08]* Regan nods. "Yes, perhaps. Thank you, Master."
[20:10]<Daine> ::Enters the library just behind Regan:: "Ah there you are Master. Regan." ::he nods to Nym and Regan::
[20:10]* Regan nods to Daine with a smile.
[20:11]<Master_Nym> "How did the ceremony go?"
[20:13]<Daine> "Well Master. You where correct, Cardinal Poole performed the rites. Otherwise it was like most ceremonies, boring and filled with too much talking."
[20:14]* Risira enters the library with a book in her hand.  She puts the book on a shelf and sits down quietly, smoothing the skirt of her gray dress.
[20:15]* Regan looks at Risira and winks.
[20:15]* Risira catches the wink and blushes delicately but smiles at Regan.
[20:16]<Master_Nym> ::Bows his head a bit at Risira, his face holding his usual sour look::
[20:16]* Regan smiles as he turns back to the conversation.
[20:17]* Risira nods politely and deferentially to Master Nym and remains quiet in her chair, looking at some nearby books.
[20:17]<Master_Nym> ::sighs and closes the book easing the great tome down to the table::
[20:19]<Regan> ::In the silence, Regan turns to Daine:: "Ceremony?"
[20:21]<Bynw> *Tara enters the library through one of the other doorways. Her long black hair flowing about her like a mane. She is not wearing a dress but dressed in riding clothes.
[20:22]* Regan nods to Tara in greeting.
[20:23]<Daine> ::Glances at Tara and nods to her:: "Tara." ::he then turns back to Regan:: "Yes full of pompous pagans."
[20:23]* Risira looks up to Tara and smiles a greeting.
[20:23]<Bynw> *Tara sits down next to Risira with a smile*
[20:24]* Regan looks at Daine and tilts his head. "Ah, thanks for being specific, as usual."
[20:25]* Llanth walks into the library.
[20:25]<Llanth> "Ah, there you are Tara."
[20:26]<Daine> ::Sniffs at Regan:: "Utha has adopted your holy Church into the open and installed some man named Noon to a holy position...what was the name again. Master Nym?"
[20:26]* Regan nods to Llanth in greeting as well and smiles.
[20:26]<Llanth> "Master Michon said you might be looking for me."
[20:27]<Master_Nym> ::Looks to Daine:: "Bishop. Utha has it's first Christan Bishop."
[20:27]<Llanth> "Ah, hello Regan and Risira."
[20:27]* Risira nods a greeting to Llanth.
[20:28]<Master_Nym> ::Pushes Back his chair and stands his eyes slowly turn to Risira:: "Risira."
[20:29]* Risira looks up, a bit startled.  "Yes, Master Nym?"
[20:31]* shyanntech has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[20:31]<Master_Nym> "I think it is time. Just before next daybreak you will meet with the rest of House Horizon in the courtyard, that is if you are ready to join the Anadari order." ::he looks questioningly at her::
[20:34]<Risira> "I am."
[20:37]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles warmly at her:: "Fast until then, meditate if you feel the need. We will perform the rites at Dawn."
[20:37]* Regan smiles at Risira again.
[20:38]* Risira smiles back shyly.
[20:39]<Master_Nym> "I must go to the Matrix for the afternoon. I will be back tonight. The rest of you continue your studies."
[20:39]<Master_Nym> ::Slides the book off the table and under his arm, then departs::
[20:41]<Daine> "Congratulations Risira." ::makes his odd jester of respect, touching his heart, mouth, then forehead in quick succession::
[20:42]* Risira nods to Daine.  "I'll be in my quarters meditating if anybody needs me," she says softly.
[20:42]* jlcsusara has quit (EOF from client)
[20:42]* Regan takes a bite of the cheese and then the bread as he nods.
[20:43]* Risira leaves the library for her room, where she sits on the bed, centers down, and meditates.
[20:43]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[20:47]<Daine> "Huh, well then I'm off to the forge. See you all tonight then." ::Nods to each person in turn and leaves for the forge in the courtyard::
[20:48]* Regan stays in the library and looks about the shelves.
[20:48]* jlcsusara has quit (EOF from client)
[20:49]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[20:50]* Regan finally finds what he is looking for and makes a mental note to himself. Then he continues on inspecting the books.
[20:50]* jlcsusara has quit (Connection reset by peer)
[20:51]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[20:53]<Bynw> *Tara is still in the library just relaxing* "This one is so small. Nothing here you know"
[20:54]<Regan> "Well, I would use the Matrix, but I don't want to disturb Master Nym."
[20:55]<Bynw> *Tara* "You wouldn't. Just reach out to it. It can talk to more than one person at a time. Have you told him anything yet?"
[20:55]* jlcsusara has quit (Connection reset by peer)
[20:55]<Regan> "Yes, I told him that the Colourga Mages created my staff."
[20:56]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[20:59]* Regan thinks about Tara's suggestion and closes his eyes.
[21:01]<Regan> !fd 4
[21:02]<Regan> !df 4
[21:02]<ChanServ> Result: [-][ ][ ][-]
[21:03]* Regan reopens his eyes and shrugs.
[21:04]<Bynw> *Tara* "hnmmm didnt quite make it ... in time. you just need more practice at it."
[21:04]* jlcsusara has quit (Connection reset by peer)
[21:05]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[21:05]<Regan> "Apparently..." he answers with a smile.
[21:06]<Regan> "So, anything about the Colourga Mages come to mind, Tara?"
[21:07]* Regan finishes his lunch.
[21:07]* jlcsusara has quit (Connection reset by peer)
[21:09]<Bynw> *Tara* "I'm not that familiar with the Southlands. Given the name, I would say that they might have some connection to the Spectrals."
[21:09]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[21:10]* Regan nods. "That's what Master Nym surmised also."
[21:10]* jlcsusara has quit (Connection reset by peer)
[21:11]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[21:12]<Bynw> *Tara* "You could always ask one of the Spectrals about them. Master Nym would know how to contact them. He has had many dealings with them."
[21:13]* Regan raises an eyebrow. "Interesting. I wonder why he didn't suggest that himself."
[21:14]<Regan> "I think I'll ask the Matrix first, when it is not in use."
[21:14]* jlcsusara has quit (Connection reset by peer)
[21:16]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[21:16]* jlcsusara has quit (Connection reset by peer)
[21:18]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[21:19]<Regan> "Well, I need some sleep, Tara. I had a long night." :: smiles ::
[21:24]* jlcsusara has quit (Connection reset by peer)
[21:25]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[21:26]<Bynw> *the beginning of dawn comes to the tri-sun
[21:26]* jlcsusara has quit (Connection reset by peer)
[21:27]* Daine stands in the center of the large courtyard of the tri-sun fortress. His thoughts ring out to al the students...
[21:27]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.67F627.A26DF2) has joined #teara-adan
[21:28]* Risira stirs from her meditative state, washes her face and hands in a basin of clean water, smoothes her dress, and goes down to the courtyard, almost unnaturally calm.
[21:28]<Master_Nym> @@"Gather in the courtyard in your formal robes. The time has come."@@
[21:28]* Regan makes his way to the courtyard, staff in hand and wearing the Anadari Robes.
[21:29]<Daine> ::Splashes water in his face and finishes tying the last bit of his formal robes up before walking quickly to the courtyard::
[21:29]* jlcsusara has quit (Connection reset by peer)
[21:31]<Daine> ::The courtyard has been prepared. A large ward of intricate design has been laid out using rock and sand. The sand and glass shards have been heated, melted, and fused; making the entire warding circle a single piece. The larger shards give it a three dimensional aspect. Worked into the design is four points, each pointing to the four points of a compass, north, east, south, and west.::
[21:31]<Master_Nym> ::At the very top of each point is a thick, squat, candle of varying color. A gold candle to the east, a blood red candle to the south, a blue candle to the west, and finally a green candle to the north. In the very center of the ward rests a large iron brazier filled with hot coals. A tall chalice stands upright in the center of the coals; it is filled with wine. ::
[21:32]<Daine> ::The design is made in such a way that only two people can stand in the center next to the chalice, while an ring of people can stand farther out and in a circle around the center. To stand anywhere else would disrupt the pattern.::
[21:33]* Master_Nym stands in the center of the intricate glass pattern
[21:35]* Regan observes the pattern with awe.
[21:35]* Risira enters the courtyard and takes a moment to observe, waiting for Master Nym to signal her into the circle.
[21:35]<Master_Nym> ::His voice is raised and solemn as he speaks:: "Risira, come stand in the center with me. The rest of you take seats in the outer circle and open your minds to the rite."
[21:36]* Risira nods and obeys immediately.
[21:36]* Regan sits directly south of center.
[21:37]* Regan takes a few deep breaths and centers himself.
[21:37]<Daine> ::Takes a seat in the outer circle near the southern apex::
[21:37]* Risira stands beside Master Nym and takes a deep, centering breath and rolls back her shields.
[21:38]* Regan lowers his shields and opens one eye to Daine and nods.
[21:39]<Daine> ::Nods back, his face lacking his usual sour look and instead simply stoic; which is about as near a smile as he usually gets::
[21:40]* Llanth walks into the court yard and takes a seat beside Regan.
[21:40]* Regan nods to Llanh and closes his eye(s)
[21:40]<Regan> *Llanth
[21:41]* Regan opens his eyes slowly as he finally has centered himself.
[21:42]<Master_Nym> ::Slowly raises his arms in a sweeping motion over his head, as his hands move a Dark Green dome of power leaps up and closes over the inner and outer circle sealing everyone off from the outside world::
[21:42]<Master_Nym> "We stand outside time in a place not of this earth. As Our ancestors before us bade, We join together and are One."
[21:43]<Master_Nym> ::His voice rings out loud and true as he continues speaking, his eyes stare into Risira's::
[21:43]<Master_Nym> "By all the powers of light and shadow we call thee to guard and defend us from all perils, O Most High. Thus it is and has always been, thus it shall be for all times to come."
[21:44]* Regan places his hands on his knees, palms up as Nym continues.
[21:44]* Master_Nym spreads his right hand over the wine cup, not quiet touching the rim
[21:44]* Risira looks evenly back at Master Nym, centered and calm.
[21:45]<Daine> ::Kneels, palms on his knees, eyes closed, breathing slow and steady::
[21:45]<Master_Nym> "I call upon Darrion Krow, the first, patron of sky and air, master to the east. As thou opened the path for the Anadari, instill change into this cup, that he who drinks thereof may justly bid the forces of Air. Let it be done according to my will."
[21:46]* Master_Nym passes his hand above the cup and exhales upon it softly, a swirling mist gathers above the wine and settled on its surface. the cup grows cold and frosted as it is watched, bright beads of condensation run sparkling down the side
[21:47]<Master_Nym> "I call upon Horrok Bindar, the wayward, patron of the sun and fire, master to the south. As thou defied tradition and travelled thou own path, instill choice into this cup. That he who drinks thereof may justly forge the might of Fire. Let it be done according to my will."
[21:47]* Master_Nym passes his hand above the cup, a murmured phrase, and cold fire burns blue around the rim and on the surface of the wine.
[21:48]<Master_Nym> "I call upon Mazda Anak, the grand master, patron of the sea and water, master to the west, who didst stay the path against all trials. Send thou thy wisdom into this cup, that he who drinks thereof may justly guide the knowledge of the Water. Let it be done according to my will."
[21:48]* Master_Nym a pass of his hand and the wine bubbles up and over the rim, spilling to the coals below, hissing and popping
[21:48]<Master_Nym> "I call upon Iccarus van Starra , the righteous, patron of the plants and earth, master to the north, who did seek a path of trial and sacrifice. Herewith I charge this cup, that he who drinks thereof may justly endure the forces of Earth. Let it be done according to my will."
[21:49]* Master_Nym  makes another pass, trailing a dustlike rain of sand and salt upon the surface of the Wine.
[21:50]<Master_Nym> ::the metal runs with moisture, glistening, cold; and about the rim plays ghostly blue frost-fire. mist broods on the surface of the wine--wine which was darker now, more opaque::
[21:51]* Master_Nym gently lifts the cup from the brazier and holds it outward towards Risira
[21:52]* Risira slowly bows her head and takes the cup.  Breathing deeply and slowly, she raises the cup to her lips and drinks it to the dregs, utterly unlike her usual shy and ladylike manner of eating or drinking.
[21:52]<Master_Nym> "Walk the path, to the horizon and beyond."
[21:54]<Bynw> (( Risira , need a willpower roll please ))
[21:59]<Risira> !df 4
[21:59]<ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )( )
[22:03]<Bynw> *after drinking the cup Risira feels it hit her like a leaden mass. her mind is assulted by not-sights, not-sounds and it slips from her fingers and she cannot stop it ...
[22:03]* Risira drops the cup to the glass circle and slowly collapses into a heap of gray linen and long blonde hair.
[22:05]* Llanth is now known as Elim-Sleep
[22:05]<Bynw> *then the pain hits ... so intense she cannot even scream and then finally lost to oblivion
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member