[19:15:13] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:15:14] <~Bynw> |   The Winds of Change - Episode 50
[19:15:16] <~Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:15:17] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:15:18] <~Bynw> | The Siege of Egoria had ended. Egoria's
[19:15:19] <~Bynw> | only surviving lord has surrendered the
[19:15:21] <~Bynw> | nation to Lord Seth. What exists of a
[19:15:22] <~Bynw> | council is more than cooporative with
[19:15:23] <~Bynw> | the Warp Wood leaders.
[19:15:25] <~Bynw> |
[19:15:26] <~Bynw> | The task of rebuilding the city from
[19:15:27] <~Bynw> | the siege began late in the afternoon
[19:15:29] <~Bynw> | when the final declaration was made.
[19:15:30] <~Bynw> | What few of Seaforts men in the company
[19:15:31] <~Bynw> | of the armys started the project, being
[19:15:33] <~Bynw> | more skilled in engineering than war.
[19:15:34] <~Bynw> |
[19:15:35] <~Bynw> | By the end of the day the rebuilding
[19:15:37] <~Bynw> | of the city was a community undertaking.
[19:15:38] <~Bynw> | The Egorian people, although somewhat
[19:15:39] <~Bynw> | reluctant and worry some, are also
[19:15:40] <~Bynw> | being cooporative with the new
[19:15:42] <~Bynw> | government.
[19:15:43] <~Bynw> |
[19:15:44] <~Bynw> | Lord Kevin, it was discovered during
[19:15:46] <~Bynw> | the night, had indeed made it to Egoria
[19:15:47] <~Bynw> | killing the king and several of the
[19:15:48] <~Bynw> | high lords before he himself was killed.
[19:15:50] <~Bynw> | His body was drawn and quartered and
[19:15:51] <~Bynw> | dispatched to other areas of the
[19:15:52] <~Bynw> | kingdom. His head apparently sent back
[19:15:54] <~Bynw> | to Warp Wood. Messengers have been sent
[19:15:55] <~Bynw> | to other areas of the kingdom announcing
[19:15:56] <~Bynw> | its fall to Warp Wood.
[19:15:57] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:15:59] <~Bynw> | Today's Game Date: 28 Novembre 463 NE
[19:16:00] <~Bynw> |      Game Time: morning
[19:16:01] <~Bynw> |        End of Adventure Recap
[19:16:03] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:16:03] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:16:36] <~Bynw> *there is a knock on Seth's door just before sunrise as he sleeps in the Egorian palace*
[19:17:56] <+Seth> ::wakes in a fit, a slim dagger in his hand and murder in his eyes. It takes just a moment for him to realize it is only a knock and not assassin's::
[19:18:57] <~Bynw> *the knock repeats, not louder just constant*
[19:19:10] <+Seth> "Just a moment..." ::he rises and rubs the sleep from his eyes and dons a long silken robe and ties it at the waist, then opens the door:: "yes?"
[19:19:33] <+Seth> ::the dagger is still in hand, but hidden behind the door::
[19:19:53] <~Bynw> *Sprax is standing at the door and pushes himself into the chamber when his master opens it*
[19:21:13] <+Seth> ::signs as he guesses that he will not have time for a black bean tea before statecraft calls him to duty:: "By all means please enter Marshall." ::he says sarcastically::
[19:21:25] <~Bynw> *the morning is still shrouded in the heavy fog outside as Sprax slips into the chamber and shuts the door behind him.
[19:24:40] <~Bynw> *Sprax* "our mercenaries are gone. they left a message behind stating." *he unfolds a sheet of parchment* "Marshall Sprax. We have completed the terms of the contract. We have trained your armies and turn farmers into soldiers. These may now train additional troops as you may need them. We have also fulfilled the other terms stated in our contract which will be left without saying since this may fall into incorrect <-
[19:24:40] <~Bynw> -> hands. We have new duties and assignments to fulfill." *he pauses* "It is signed by Major Kohel"
[19:28:15] <~Bynw> *outside the city where the army of warp wood is camped, little movement is happening. here and there a guard patrol may be encountered in the cool morning fog but other than that the army rests peacefully knowning the battle is now over.*
[19:29:30] <~Bynw> *sprax tosses the letter down on the table in Seth's chamber.*
[19:29:33] <+Seth> ::he reaches for a three quarters empty bottle of wine near the table and pours himself a short glass, he takes the missive from the mans hands and throws it onto the coals in the fireplace. It ignites instantly:: "No matter. We can proceed with just minor alterations. It would've been nice to have a peace keeping force in effect though. Round up the local...merchants guild master Marshall. It is time that we have a peace
[19:29:34] <+Seth>  keeping force." ::he smiles at Sprax:: "Kill him and assume his forces."
[19:31:26] <+Seth> "I will discuss redistribution on land here in Egora with the other lords. It is my opinion that the lands should be given out to the warriors that fought for us. I'll make sure you and your are shown the prefrence that comes with your title."
[19:32:13] <~Bynw> *Sprax* "kill him? that may not be a wise move. i'm sure someone has started a thriving blackmarket for goods that should be going to rebuilding the city or the former war effort but instead are going elsewhere. I will find that person that is in charge of such things. a mere merchant guildmaster isnt someone of any danger."
[19:36:58] <+Seth> ::Looks a bit concerned:: "Be cautious Marshal Sprax, you yourself where once just a...merchant guild master. Do not under estimate those who live outside the normal chain of power. Have you located any of the Egoran nobility? I don't want any figureheads for a rebellion."
[19:38:43] <~Bynw> *Sprax* "None as of yet. And I was never just a merchant guild master." *he says with a grin*
[19:45:08] <~Bynw> *sprax leaves and attends to his various duties*
[19:45:19] <+Seth> ::smiles:: "Yes I know, but this palace might have ears. Continue your investigation into the attack at the village and find me someone who is willing to talk. I'll need to interview any witnesses of course. I don't want to bring anything before the other lords without due course"
[19:45:27] <+Seth> ::dissmisses Sprax::
[19:46:14] <~Bynw> *as the sun rises it burns off the fog in short order, and the city and surrounding countryside starts to be a hub of activity of rebuilding*
[19:46:27] <+Seth> ::Dresses and heads to the great hall here in the Egoran palace::
[19:47:28] * db144 has joined #Teara-Adan
[19:47:36] * +Charissa gets up and goes to find the Egoran Great Hall
[19:47:43] * +Coch has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
[19:47:49] * db144 is now known as Coch
[19:50:17] * Bynw sets mode: +v Coch
[19:52:27] <~Bynw> *the great hall, has some damage done to it, but is currently being repaired. apparently a dragon came crashing through it. here the ministers of the former lords still hold a makeshift court, under the direction of their Warp Wood lords and defer any state issue to them and see to it that the Warp Wood lords are informed of any business that is taking place.*
[19:54:37] <+Seth> ::enters the hall in a foul mood, a cup of black bean tea in his hand, he takes his usual seat. His eyes roam the room taking note of who is in attendence this early in the morning::
[19:56:37] * +Charissa is already in the Hall
[19:56:52] * +Jack enters
[19:57:11] <+Charissa> "good morning Seth"::she says a bit too cheerfully::
[19:57:19] <~Bynw> *about half of the remaining ministers that served the Egorian Lords are in the chamber. No official business has been conducted. they greet Lord Seth with the rank and station due to his titles*
[19:57:30] * +Coch is leaning against the wall watching the activities
[20:01:14] <+Seth> ::Bows at the neck to Jack and Coch. Bows a bit deeper to Charissa:: "Your majesty, lords. Marshall Sprax has taken it upon himself to wake me early this morn with news that our state is in need of workers. I must say I would agree, On top of the restoration here in Egora I think it is time we thought about connecting our trade road in Warp Wood with the river here in Egora."
[20:01:57] <+Charissa> "that is a very good idea Seth"
[20:02:57] <+Coch> "Morning Lord Seth"
[20:03:33] <+Seth> ::smiles/sneers in the direction of Coch in recognition:: "I have an idea on this front, if I can have the floor for a moment."
[20:06:39] <+Seth> ::Stands and takes a central position in the room, his black bean tea is in his hand:: "In transitional times like this is in Egora many thieves take oppertunity to ply their trades with increased frequency. I suggest we institute an old ethos. Labor gangs."
[20:07:40] <+Seth> "Convicts will be allowed to shorten their punishment by taking part in rebuilding Egora."
[20:10:15] <+Seth> "Law breakers will be given various duties instead of being confined to a prison. Marshall Sprax assures me he can round up men suited to guarding these labor gangs."
[20:10:53] <+Seth> "Any thoughts?"
[20:13:10] * +Coch moves to the side of the council table and says "Those are sound thoughts Lord Seth and perhaps we should have a curfew until the rebuilding is complete?"
[20:13:37] <+Jack> "Sounds productive."
[20:16:03] <+Seth> ::Looks alarmed and clears his throat:: "Ah, yes. Well...the commoner here in Egora must be allowed to blow off a bit of frustration. The best way to do that is of course spending a bit of time in the Taverns." ::smiles sheepishly::
[20:16:35] <+Coch> "Ah, hadn't thought of that Lord Seth"
[20:16:41] <~Bynw> *one of the ministers speaks up* "M'lords. Will such curfews include upcoming feastdays during the holiday season which is approaching?"
[20:17:46] <+Coch> "I withdraw my question"
[20:18:00] <+Seth> ::Raises an eyebrow at the shrewd ministers words:: "A festival..." ::Looks to the other Warp Wood lords:: "This might be the oppertunity to improve our relations with our new subjects, eh?"
[20:18:46] <+Charissa> "very much so.  A festival is an excellent time"
[20:19:08] <+Jack> "It's only decent to lift the curfew for the festival."
[20:19:44] <+Seth> "A mighty festival. Something to bring a smile to the commoners faces?"
[20:20:21] <~Bynw> *the minister bows and returns to his companions*
[20:22:45] <+Seth> ::Takes a long sip of his tea before he continues:: "There is the matter of our capital in Warp Wood as well."
[20:23:17] <+Seth> ::Looks sharply at the other lords of warp wood:: "Chadwick."
[20:23:52] <+Charissa> "yes we need to take care of that little turd as soon as we can"
[20:24:23] <+Jack> "I still want to hear his side of the story first."
[20:24:39] <+Charissa> "It better be good Jack."
[20:24:45] <+Coch> "If I can get close enough, I can end his treachery permanently"
[20:27:32] <+Seth> ::Glances to Jack for just a moment over the brim of his tea and then looks away:: "I have an idea on this front as well."
[20:27:44] <+Charissa> "I suggest some of the troops and maybe a couple of officers can be left here to oversee the rebuilding and compliance by the Egorians.  The rest of us need to high tail it back to Warp Wood to take care of unfinished business there."
[20:30:40] <+Seth> "Egora's lords have been wiped out. Many families here in Egora are homeless or have their lively hood smashed in the siege. Perhaps if we offered the ability to farm and improve parcelles of land to anyone that marches with us to the capital. If we bring Egoran men with us we have little to fear of a revolt and we win the loyalty of the men and families here."
[20:32:00] <+Seth> "The Lords would still own the land and institute a tax for land holders, but in every way that counts the men that marched would have a new life. Our troops and Egoran's troops."
[20:33:22] <+Charissa> "aye.  That is a sound plan"
[20:33:42] <+Seth> ::Looks to the council members:: "Do you think your men would march for land?"
[20:34:26] <~Bynw> *the ministers look at one another* "We are sure some would do so. a chance at gaining lands and titles would be most welcome. some of us may join you."
[20:38:30] <+Charissa> "you would be welcome as long as you didn't double cross us."
[20:39:28] <+Seth> ::Smiles and nods:: "Let it be known that with the lords here in Egora dead, and the regime disposed, ALL land will be redistributed here in Egora. Land holders deeds died with the previous king. Those who wish to keep what they have should think hard about dedicating either themselves or any able bodied men they have command of to march to the capital of Warp Wood, councilors."
[20:39:31] <~Bynw> *they bow at the queen*
[20:40:24] <+Seth> "Those who do not support us, will not find themselves a place at the table, so to speak."
[20:41:26] <~Bynw> *ministers* "there maybe landholders who are not in the capital m'lords ... those in outlying areas. will you wait until word can be sent to them and for them to respond?"
[20:43:10] <+Seth> ::Looks to the other lords:: "I do not think we can afford to wait. Do you? Not only does Chadwick have designs and is digging in, but our neigbors will be thinking of this as an oppertunity."
[20:44:29] <+Charissa> "I believe we can have someone in position here to verify the out-lords status and not punish them.  But we need to leave soon to take care of our own land"
[20:47:49] <+Jack> "Yeah, I agree we need to go, but I want to hear what went on before I judge Chadwick."
[20:48:15] <+Charissa> "he will have his judgment day"
[20:49:23] <+Seth> ::Nods to Jack:: "I have my theories Lord Jack. I think Chadwicks insane plotting may extend farther then we know."
[20:49:44] <+Seth> "But I don't want to voice them until I'm sure."
[20:51:01] <+Jack> "Fair enough."
[20:53:02] <+Coch> "After we get an answer from Chadwick and if its the wrong answer, it may be a good time to let the Church judge him?"
[20:55:17] <+Charissa> "aye"
[20:56:02] <+Seth> ::Looks to the council:: "Send criers and post messages. We are recruiting a new army to march on Warp Wood. Provisions will be provided. Land Parcels will be rewarded to those that join, both Egoran and Warp Wood citizens. The reward will be consumate with service provided. Officers and those who served in the prior Egoran army as professional soldiers will be considered first, then commoners."
[20:56:09] <+Jack> "Let's see what the answers are first."
[20:56:34] <~Bynw> *ministers* "We shall see to it at once m'lords"
[20:57:25] <+Seth> ::Looks to Jack:: "How do you know he wont lie and decieve with his answers Lord Jack?"
[20:57:59] <+Jack> "We can truth read."
[20:58:33] <~Bynw> *since the doors to the great hall are not yet fully repaired a man, in a bishops miter and robes, enters with a small troop of priests behind him numbering close to a dozen. the bishop is in his late 40s, younger than Nidar but only by a few years. the egorian ministers rise as his presence*
[20:59:03] <+Seth> ::Turns to confront the new arrival::
[20:59:23] * +Coch moves closer to the Queen
[20:59:29] <~Bynw> *ministers* "My Lords. His Grace, Bishop Marcus Adams. Egoria's primary bishop and his staff."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member