[19:17:36] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #Teara-Adan with 1300ms delay
[19:17:37] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:17:39] <~Bynw> |   The Winds of Change - Episode 47
[19:17:40] <~Bynw> |
[19:17:41] <~Bynw> |      Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:17:43] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:17:44] <~Bynw> | The army is camped at the ruins of the
[19:17:45] <~Bynw> | trade road and is ready to depart in
[19:17:47] <~Bynw> | the morning to cross the Egorian border.
[19:17:48] <~Bynw> |
[19:17:49] <~Bynw> | The Lords are about making their presence
[19:17:50] <~Bynw> | know to the troops to boost moral and
[19:17:52] <~Bynw> | ready for the coming battle.
[19:17:53] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:17:54] <~Bynw> | Today's Game Date: 22 Novembre 463 NE
[19:17:56] <~Bynw> |         Game Time: midday
[19:17:57] <~Bynw> |
[19:17:58] <~Bynw> |        End of Adventure Recap
[19:18:00] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:18:00] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:19:16] <~Bynw> *captain to Seth* "Our services can be purchased but you don't have the capital available. We will take our retribution and what is owed to us from the Egorians and then return to the trade road."
[19:21:33] <+Seth> ::hesitates for a moment then nods deeply to the captain:: "I see. In any case it is good to have you with us. If we weave the art together we can sway the coming battle much."
[19:22:29] * Jeheregh has joined #Teara-Adan
[19:24:24] <~Bynw> "Perhaps. Although I am be a bit ruthless." *he tosses down some of the rocks he has pickup and wipes his hands* "This was a senseless attack here."
[19:27:14] <+Charissa> "well, as long as the totally innocent don't suffer, I have no problem with it."
[19:27:20] <~Bynw> *the night goes on as the army gets its rest before the morning muster when they must cross the border. No scouts have been sent to the border since Egoria's force crossed it a 2nd time and make their attack inward to take Warp Woods capital.*
[19:27:40] <+Seth> Stares at the captain for a moment before answering:: "This entire campaign is senseless Captain. Chadwick can not hope to hold the capital, the Egoran's stand little to gain in provoking us with savage attacks like this."
[19:30:31] <~Bynw> *captain* "Their army will tremble before us"
[19:30:34] <+Seth> "I suspect we are not seeing all the machinations that have brought us to this point. As for your ruthless nature, war is not a game and best to be avoided, but when it is upon you....well you understand."
[19:33:03] <+Charissa> "war can be brutal and ruthless, but there's no need to be cruel though."
[19:33:23] <+Seth> "It makes no sense for Chadwick to tip the Egoran's to our ploy only to be at odds with them as they push for the capital...." ::lowers his voice:: "I suspect a traitor is still among us."
[19:37:37] <+Seth> ::Turns to the Captain casually:: "You say you have a full cohort of men Captain? None of your officers got injured in your battle with the Egoran army?"
[19:39:43] <~Bynw> "Some minor injuries that have been delt with since we were taken by surprise but we prevailed."
[19:40:33] <+Seth> "Hmm, how very lucky of you. Really quite amazing."
[19:43:14] <+Seth> ::Nods to the captain and then turns and leaves, now looking for Sprax:: "But I wander in my thinking. I have some last commands for the troops for the night before retiring. Good night captain."
[19:44:02] <~Bynw> *Sprax is found with more of the men and comes over to Seth as he approaches* "M'lord"
[19:46:28] <+Seth> ::Nods to Sprax:: "Marshal. I'd like to know what we are going to run into tomorrow morning at the boarder. Send your best scouts..." ::he puts emphasis on the word scouts:: "Have them leave at once and be ready to report in the morning when we break camp."
[19:47:02] * +Coch walks quietly around the camp
[19:47:34] <+Seth> "I'm sure you have the right men for the task." ::smiles slightly::
[19:47:42] <~Bynw> *Sprax* "Of course."
[19:49:52] <+Seth> ::Nods and smiles to Sprax:: "Excellent. Good evening Marshal." ::turns and leaves taking some time to have a drink with some of the men::
[19:53:39] <~Bynw> *as the camp awakes in the morning Seth and the other lords are awakend by Marshal Sprax* "The scouts have returned from the border. The officers are meeting with them now for their report"
[19:56:35] * +Coch rises and leaves to join the meeting
[19:57:08] <+Seth> ::Sneers in his usual four humor early in the morning, but graps a cup of black bean tea and moves to hear the report himself::
[19:59:33] <~Bynw> *the scouts indicate that there are no troops on the border and the first village on the other side of the border has been burned to the ground. a deliberate act of scourched earth. the egorians appear to be retreating to their capital
[20:00:29] <+Coch> 'How long before they reach the capital?"
[20:01:35] * +Charissa has quit IRC (Quit: )
[20:02:10] <~Bynw> *scouts* "The Egorians should already be there. They left more than 4 days ago."
[20:03:19] <+Seth> "And their Army?"
[20:04:13] <~Bynw> *scouts* "It would be in their capital"
[20:07:01] <+Coch> "Anything else?"
[20:07:10] <+Seth> "Well then it looks to be a battle. It looks like Lord Jack's vision came too late for us to capitalize on the chaos in the capital."
[20:07:37] <~Bynw> *scouts* "our path is clear until we reach the capital."
[20:07:58] <+Coch> "It seems that is what they are expecting and because of that I'm saying let's not attack"
[20:08:53] <+Coch> "I say we march 2 days into Egorian territory and build a fort and then wait for them to come to us"
[20:09:02] <~Bynw> *Jack* "I think not Seth. My vision is quite clear. The Egorian army has retreated to the capital because it is in chaos and is attempting to but failing at restoring order."
[20:11:06] <~Bynw> *Jack* "They have no idea that we are coming. We need to attack them."
[20:11:12] <+Seth> "Perhaps, but they are moving very fast. They are reacting like lighting. I'd say it's more proof that we have a spy in our camp."
[20:12:17] <+Seth> "I hope you are right Jack. Really we have little choice it's now or never. But if we have a spy in our camp they will be waiting for us."
[20:13:49] <~Bynw> *Jack looks around* "I think I would be able to detect a spy"
[20:13:50] <~Bynw> *Charissa* "As would I. My powers are very good"
[20:14:32] <+Seth> "In any case it will be of the utmost importance for us to take the officers on as quickly as possible. Without them the army will have no leadership, not even a king. It should fall apart."
[20:16:37] <~Bynw> *Captian* "We may have to lay siege to their capital. Depending on how well, if at all, it is defended."
[20:19:22] <+Seth> ::nods:: "If they really have no idea we are coming then perhaps our original plan will work?"
[20:22:30] <+Seth> "A siege will take months and cost us much. We are cut off from the capital and our supplies. Unless your men can force a way in Captain, work the stone?"
[20:24:22] <~Bynw> "If a siege is needed we will be able to break their moral." *the Captain states with a broad smile* "Have no fear but they will."
[20:27:43] <+Seth> ::Nods:: "Let's get the men up to a force march then. Bring them to the capital as quickly as possible."
[20:28:20] <~Bynw> *the officers nod and turn. the camp is broken and the march begins.
[20:29:17] <~Bynw> *the army makes good time and crosses the boarder into Egoria. by midday they reach the burned out village.
[20:30:41] <+Seth> ::covers his nose from the stench:: "Animals. They turned on each other in their greed."
[20:31:15] <~Bynw> *within egoria, the army can move freely in any direction. chadwick's spell ends at the border. the swamps are less oppressive within Egoria and there is actual farmland available.
[20:36:07] <+Seth> ::Rides close to Sprax:: "Marshal, send some scouts out and see if we can find any food left in these villages. See that we collect anything left, but make sure it is not rotten or worse. I don't want to pick up any surprises the Egoran's might have left for us."
[20:39:30] <~Bynw> *he nods* "I'll see to it" *and turns his horse back into the ranks*
[20:40:06] <~Bynw> *passing the village the army moves closer to the Egorian capital, still several days away at a forced march.
[20:41:20] <~Bynw> *by the 2nd day, food is available as well as fresh water. another village is found, this one is not burned out but is abandoned*
[20:42:16] <+Seth> ::Looks about:: "Did all of these people go to the capital you think?"
[20:44:14] <~Bynw> *Jack* "My visions would suggest that. The capital seems to be overcroweded. The people are frightened and turning on each other. Factions fighting for power and control. We are seeing what normally happens in the territories."
[20:49:04] <+Seth> "The perfect time for us to swoop in. But if we come as destroyers we will bring the people together. If we come to bring order to the chaos, then we may just be welcomed in."
[20:50:54] <+Seth> "I imagine the people will be starving."
[20:51:17] <~Bynw> *Jack* "We can restore order. This is why I am here, the Akasa has guided me here all along."
[20:54:32] <+Seth> ::looks at jack as if sizing him up:: "Yes. Some of the previous nobles will crave power for themselves and will try to sway the people to them. With a proper display of power we might be able to avoid a bloody battle. Are you prepared to do what you must Jack to make our point and save lives?"
[20:54:58] <~Bynw> *Jack nods ... lost in thought*
[20:56:24] <+Seth> ::Smiles to himself and takes a drink from a wine skin to clear his throat of the dust from the road::
[20:58:11] <~Bynw> *by nightfall the army camps again. tired from the last hard two days.
[21:00:15] <~Bynw> (( end for this session ... next week .. the capital ))
[21:00:21] <+Seth> ::walks the camp and gauges the men's fatigue, estimating how fast he can push them the get to the capital as he goes::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member