• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Master of Changes

Started by Bynw, 28 November 2006, 16:39:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:03:09] <.Bynw> *Nym mounts up and pats Iamar's neck* @@Let's go to Polaris, best possible pace. I have something to tell the council.@@ 
[20:03:09] <.Bynw> *Iamar takes to the air leaving the safety of the could city of Hemmelhold behind. Once a few hundred yards from the city. She and her rider plane shift out of the material world.* 
[20:03:39] <.Bynw> (( cloud city ))
[20:04:00] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Holds tight knowing the shock of the phase to astral space is comming::
[20:05:54] <.Bynw> *within a heartbeat Nym and his steed have entered the Silver Realm, known mundanely as the Astral Plane. A vast empty space of near nothingness*
[20:09:55] <.Bynw> @@ We could spend more time here. There are so many things to see. @@
[20:12:21] * Papaganoush has joined #Teara-Adan
[20:17:19] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Marvels at the vast realm:: @@Things to see? I see nothing for as far as my eyes can stretch.@@
[20:19:50] <+Nym_Gibran> @@What can exist here? There is nothing to eat...@@
[20:20:41] <.Bynw> @@ Time moves slowly here. Which is why travelling here we cover great distances in the world. @@
[20:22:12] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow:: @@How could I resist. Take me for a tour@@
[20:22:58] <+Nym_Gibran> @@How far can we travel in Adan through here?@@
[20:24:06] <.Bynw> *Iamar moves effortlessly through the void* @@ Anywhere, but of course you need to know where you are going or you could end up lost @@
[20:26:40] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks at the Tricon and marvels:: @@Is your species Native to Adan or from some place beyond?@@
[20:30:00] <.Bynw> @@ We are native to Adan but our ancestors are native to other realms @@
[20:32:30] <.Bynw> @@ there ... @@ * she indicates what looks like a rock floating in the vastness of the Astral, some distance yet away *
[20:39:39] * Mjolnir has quit IRC (Quit: By a route obscure and lonely, Haunted by ill angels only, Where an Eidolon named Night, On a black throne reigns upright, I have reached these lands but newly From an ultimate dim Thule; From a wild weird clime that lieth, sublime, Out of Space-out of Time)
[20:45:03] * +db144 has quit IRC
[21:24:26] <+Nym_Gibran> @@What is that?@@
[21:26:11] <.Bynw> @@ A city, larger than Hemmelhold in fact. @@
[21:29:14] <.Bynw> *she moves futher away from it*
[21:33:46] <+Nym_Gibran> @@Who would live in a place like this....why are we moving away?@@
[21:37:35] <.Bynw> @@ Illithid @@ *she says in Nym's mind* @@ We can goto Polaris now @@
[21:45:39] <+Nym_Gibran> ::rolls the name around in his mind:: @@ Illithid, that's bad? I guess Polaris awaits though.@@
[21:47:31] <+Nym_Gibran> @@Is anything friendly here?@@ ::holds on tight again in anticipation of a leap of speed::
[21:48:00] <.Bynw> *Iamar and Nym appear in Polaris' square, not far from where the Transfer Portal exists* @@ Yes there are both but you must know that their are dangers as well @@
[21:50:22] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods as he dismounts:: "You will be okay here until I return?"
[21:51:38] <.Bynw> @@ Yes I will be fine @@
[21:54:03] <+Nym_Gibran> ::flips up the hood to his Anadari robes and moves to the 'merchant' district of Polaris, to a rope shop, and enters::
[21:57:55] <.Bynw> *the shopkeeper looks at Nym has he enters* "How may I serve you Master Anadari?"
[22:06:51] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Pulls back his hood:: "I would like to purchase a length of rope. It would be about this long" :: uses his hands to show a length of about a foot and a half:: "and tied off at both ends. Peferably silk. Can you help me?"
[22:09:47] <.Bynw> *the shopkeeper nods* "Of course Master Gibran." *he searches for a length of rope matching the description and after several minutes finds one* "Will this be suitable for your needs?"
[22:13:53] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods and hands the shop keeper a few coppers, something sutable:: "Thank you."
[22:14:23] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Takes the length of rope and leaves for the Anadari council chambers, rope in hand::
[22:22:00] <.Bynw> *Nym makes his way to the Andari council chambers. He finds several of the Masters there sitting around the chambers large table*
[22:23:01] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Enters the Chambers un announced, his hood back up. As he enters he takes a center position and removes his hood. The rope is hidden up his sleeve::
[22:25:29] <.Bynw> *Master Reynol looks up* "Welcome Master Gibran"
[22:32:18] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Bows deeply to the assembled Anadari Masters:: "Greetings. I have come with news."
[22:34:40] <.Bynw> *Master Seton* "What news do you have Master Gibran?"
[22:35:53] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Takes a pause and then continues:: "In ancient times past the Anadari where broken into houses. As time past the time and need of houses passed as our numbers dwindled."
[22:38:49] <+Nym_Gibran> "I am not a man for speeches, so I will come to the point. I believe that for the Anadari to avoid decdent introspective slothfulness we must re kindle the tradition of Anadari houses. ::He removes the length of rope from his sleeve, it levitates above his out streched hand, slowly spinning horizontally several inches above it::
[22:43:51] <.Bynw> *Sion folds his hands* "And what is the purpose of your parlor trick?"
[22:45:46] <+Nym_Gibran> "Like this rope, we are stronger with diversity and cooperation. Many ways, one goal." ::The rope floats over to Master Sion and slowly drops into his lap::
[22:46:52] <.Bynw> *Allya* "The houses were disbanned due to the infighting they caused. Not because our numbers dwindled. There was no standarization of training which lead to the fall of many Anadari to the darkness."
[22:50:53] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods to Allya:: "Such is the way of things, I cannot disput your point in the short term. However what may seem to slow the order today I believe kept it strong. How can one truly know himself unless his ideals are questioned and put to the test."
[22:53:38] <+Nym_Gibran> "Entropy cannot be denided. It is mearly a side of the Akasha. All things have a beginnning and an end. Without diversity the order can not survive forever. Nor can it ascend if a Knights way is not tested."
[22:53:43] <.Bynw> *Jokal* "I disagree. The houses of old fell for many reasons. But they had their advantages"
[22:55:38] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods to Jokal:: "One house may fall, it's ideals disproven or become obsolete, but the order will continue and new houses will rise. I believe in multiple paths to ascention, to enlightenment or whatever you may call it. No one path exists."
[22:57:18] <.Bynw> *Sion* "So if you found your own house. What do you do next?"
[22:58:56] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks to Sion:: "Find those who believe in your path and choose to walk it. Share your idea, refine it through your apprentices. Choice is what defines us, choice is our supreme right."
[23:01:18] <+Nym_Gibran> "If your path has precidence knights will follow. If your path has strength it will prosper. The Akasha will destroy those houses who have none, in time."
[23:02:48] <+Nym_Gibran> "But, the objective must never be lost. To rise, to learn, to gain wisdom, and work together when the day is done. We might disagree, but we must be brothers and sisters."
[23:03:51] <+Nym_Gibran> "As always, the Akasha must guide us all."
[23:07:23] <.Bynw> *Reynal* "And where do you plan on making your house?"
[23:10:41] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Smiles at Reynal:: "I had not said I would make my own house, but you see to the truth Master Reynal. I will make my house in the most enviromentaly hostile regions. Where ever Anadari find great conflict with nature and man, my house will bring peace. We will pit ourselves against an enemy that fears no man, nature itself. We will grow strong by making our homes in the places men fear to tread."
[23:13:29] <+Nym_Gibran> "I believe that only through conflict can we refine ourselves, we are at our best when in our greatest conflict. But, seeking conflict with other men is the path to the dark hand, so I will seek conflict with nature. Thee Akasha will teach me lessons directly."
[23:13:51] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "You are going to use the old stronghold of Ethan the Darkson, in the Glass Desert." *he turns his attention to other masters* "If he is to be one of us. He should be allowed to do this."
[23:15:56] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods to Soltaari:: "Yes, you see true. The glass desert is the most hostile enviroment I could find and the keep there serves my purposes perfectly. Though I have no intention of following the paths of it's former occupants."
[23:17:11] <+Nym_Gibran> "I intend to use the glass desert as the forge for my path to the Akasha."
[23:19:22] <+Nym_Gibran> "The Horizon Knights"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[18:13:45] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He eyes the councils reaction to his news::
[18:18:27] <.Bynw> *Sion* "I disagree entirely." *his hands intertwine* "This is just the kind of thing that caused our fracturing in the past. One Master breaking away from another and another and another. Training becomes destandardized and anarchy claims us all."
[18:27:38] <.Bynw> *Seton* "Having watched the goings on in Utha and elsewhere. The houses are still viable and usable for all of us. Yes they cause some destandardizations but not all training works the same for all."
[18:33:05] <.Bynw> *the Anadari masters continue to bring up valid points for allowing and for disallowing the reinstatement of a new house and granting more leeway to masters in training their charges over the course of nearly a quarter of an hour.*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[18:55:49] * Playing 'temp.txt' to #Teara-Adan with 1300ms delay
[18:55:50] <.Bynw> ****************************************
[18:55:51] <.Bynw> **
[18:55:53] <.Bynw> ** Anadari Master Nym Gibran has come 
[18:55:54] <.Bynw> ** before the Anadari Council with his
[18:55:55] <.Bynw> ** plans to break away from the authority
[18:55:57] <.Bynw> ** of Polaris and form his own house for
[18:55:58] <.Bynw> ** training his apprentices in the ways
[18:55:59] <.Bynw> ** of the Anadari.
[18:56:01] <.Bynw> **
[18:56:02] <.Bynw> ** This has caused a stir among the members
[18:56:03] <.Bynw> ** of the august body. And the chamber has
[18:56:04] <.Bynw> ** broken into a fit of discussion, argument
[18:56:06] <.Bynw> ** and concerns over the matter by its 
[18:56:07] <.Bynw> ** members.
[18:56:08] <.Bynw> ** 
[18:56:10] <.Bynw> ****************************************
[18:56:10] * Playback of 'temp.txt' complete
[18:56:53] <.Bynw> *the various masters of the Anadari continue to discuss the pros and cons of a new house being created.
[19:02:01] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Clears his throat and speaks:: "I'm sorry, but your all talking as if the matter was open for discussion."
[19:02:14] <.Bynw> *Jokal* ".. and I keep telling you we already have several houses. The Vanstarra is a house, the Adra ..." *he stops as Nym speaks again*
[19:08:24] <+Nym_Gibran> "All kngdoms, all countries, all orders eventually fade into nothing..."
[19:10:16] <+Nym_Gibran> "The Anadari are no exception to this basic law of the universe, only the existance of Polaris itself kept us from dissolving in the past. We must be like a reed in the wind and flex before the torrent of time. Deviding into houses is the only way to do this...."
[19:11:42] <.Bynw> *another hooded cloaked figure slips into the chamber during the discusion and stands quietly waiting while Nym and the others speak
[19:12:46] <.Bynw> *Sion* "Polaris is what keeps us from disolving into chaos. It is why we have survived."
[19:12:48] <+Nym_Gibran> "It is done. I did not come to ask permission. I came to do what I said I would do when I took my oath as an Anadari, bring change...."
[19:14:04] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Glances to the new commer then back to Scion:: "And you are intitled to your opinion Master Scion. Create a house and train your disciples in your way."
[19:16:35] <+Nym_Gibran> "As I said, it is done. I will annouce my houses philosophy and recruit for it." ::looks to the new commer::
[19:16:40] <.Bynw> *Allya with a look of shock and disbelief* "You ... are not seeking our approval? ... You will do this anyway ...."
[19:17:58] <.Bynw> *there is a bit of futher discussion amoungs the masters around the table and Reynal stands raping the hilt of a dagger on the table to bring order*
[19:20:49] <.Bynw> *the nemcomer removes his hood, he is elven or half-elven, as the chamber begins to calm down some* "Masters, if I may interject" *he says without giving them a moment to respond* "There are already a number of houses. There is this body which is the largest and the mother house of all Anadari. There is the Van Starra. There is the Arda. There is the Knights of Bindar and if Master Nym's reports are correct. The Adamant House still exists."
[19:23:42] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods to the newcomer:: "You can not stand in the way of change." 
[19:26:43] <.Bynw> *Newcomer* "I am Master Vor'en Terboh." *He says removing his cloak revealing a black surcoat with a large blood red chess piece knight blazoned across it* "I am offering my acceptance in this action. None of the other houses sought permission to form, they just did because it was the right path to take. It is still the right path to take."
[19:29:32] <.Bynw> *the assembled masters stare at Vor'en. speechless*
[19:30:23] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Turns to Master Vor'en as his jaw drops open, he stares as well, completly shocked::
[19:31:40] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Recovers and bows deeply in respect, though with a knowing smile::
[19:32:46] <.Bynw> *Vor'en* "Even Nym himself was not trained by this house. Since his master Krig was not a member of it at the time. And that was sanctioned by this body. All Anadari come under the jurisdiction of this house, even the Arda and the Adamant. They respect and honor this place. So shall those standing on the horizon." 
[19:34:19] <.Bynw> *Master Soltaari is the first to recover some composure. He speaks, but not in a language known by Nym. And Vor'en answers him.*
[19:34:33] <+Nym_Gibran> "I expected that the Knights of Bindar would be extreamly hardy, if rumors of your powers are true. House Horizon welcomes you Master Vor'en."
[19:40:06] <.Bynw> *Reynal clears his throat slightly* "Master Nym. Although some of us, including myself disagree with your decision to form a new house and we do so for various reasons. We cannot forbid you to follow your path. Guard your path well as you bring others down it. And stay within the light." 
[19:49:06] <.Bynw> *Vor'en continues to stand* "Master Nym. You have the support and blessings, but with some reservations I'm sure of the Anadari Council."
[20:02:47] <.Bynw> *Vor'en* "Now if you would excuse me my Lords. I have others to meet this day." *he picks up his cloak, wrapping it around himself and departs from the chamber*
[20:14:25] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His face shows clearly that he has a thousand and one questions for the departing Master Vor'en, but he holds his tounge::
[20:18:39] <.Bynw> *once vor'en has left the chamber the other masters again look at one another and then Nym* "You seem to attract the impossible to yourself Master Nym." *Seton says*
[20:29:31] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He Turns to Master Reynal:: "We are all stones dropped into a pond Master Seton. Our every action bring good and poor results."
[20:30:53] <+Nym_Gibran> "I am...tenetive about attracting the attention of the Knights of Bindar though, I mudt admit."
[20:31:54] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "Well gentlemen and lady" *he nods in the direction of Allya* "I believe we are at a point that business for today is over. So I shall take my leave."
[20:34:48] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Bows to Master Soltaari:: "Yes. I must take my leave. I have an Anadari house to build. I invite the council of masters to visit my training grounds, even, no especially, those who oppose my ideas."
[20:35:36] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Bows to the Council as a whole and departs::
[20:36:16] <.Bynw> *there is futher discussion after Nym and Soltaari leave the chamber that can be heard as one walks away*
[20:37:05] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Smiles to himself as he has done what he intended; shake things up.::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member