• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Camidus and Einar

Started by Bynw, 28 November 2006, 16:25:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[21:22] <.Bynw> *James and Nym ride away from the Archway leaving their companions to find lodgings.*
[21:23] <.Bynw> (( James see PM ))
[21:24] <+Nym> ::seems to be a bit lost in thought:: 
[21:24] * ryan (~caywood_r@*.nas1.houston3.tx.us.da.qwest.net) has joined #Teara-Adan
[21:25] <+James> d20+6
[21:25] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+6) and rolled 16.
[21:26] <.Bynw> *the city's walls pass before them as they ride on and into the forest beyond.  a miracle of drudic achievement ... changing the scared black sands that was a desert for centuries into a lush forest of trees ... *
[21:27] <+James> "It should be about an hour's ride from here."
[21:27] <+Nym> ::to James:: "You said you've met me before James, how did you find yourself traveling to my lands?" 
[21:28] <+James> "Back when the coast was being attacked, some of us traveled to your lands to help."
[21:28] <.Bynw> *the forest boasts some trees of the likes that grow no where else ... one of the miracles of the Arch Druid and Emperor of Paradise just 200 years ago*
[21:28] <+James> "I was in that group."
[21:29] <+James> "I lived in Adan most of the time since, until I started traveling."
[21:30] <+Nym> "But you are deryni as well as a Druid?" 
[21:30] <.Bynw> *while riding through the forest the 2 catch sight of various animals here and there along the trail.  Raccoons, birds over head and in the trees singing songs, deer leaping out ahead of them crossing the trail*
[21:31] <+James> "Yes, I am.  I grew up outside Paradise City and didn't become a druid until my teens."
[21:31] <+Nym> "You have traveled far?" 
[21:32] <+James> "Father than I wished at least once.  The glass desert in Solanda is inhospitable . . . "
[21:32] <+James> * Farther
[21:33] <+Nym> "What would bring you so far south as the glass desert?" 
[21:34] <+James> "Some of my comrades were transported there in a storm.  One other and I were left, so we went there on a rescue mission."
[21:35] <.Bynw> *the sounds of animals can be heard in the forest on either side of the travellers ... deer mostly in this area as well as smaller animals that pose no threat to them*
[21:36] <+Nym> ::raises an eyebrow:: "Seems like quite a story James. How did you find yourself in the company of these adventurers?" 
[21:38] <+James> "Actualy, I met them in Kirsh the first time I went there.  The Archdruid had sent me there to investigate something."
[21:39] <+James> "That's when I met Ibon, too."
[21:40] <+James> "Some of them had left and others joined by the time of the storm, though."
[21:41] <+Nym> ::sneers:: "Yes, an unfortunate turn of events. The spectral mages and Ibon showing up ruined several weeks worth of planing. But I guess all ends well and needs to be." 
[21:43] <+James> "I really don't know how it ended.  That's up to the Archdruid once he reads the scroll that Duke Stonemont gave me to give him."
[21:43] <.Bynw> *the forest is very peaceful .. and new .. compared to such forests as the one that bears the name Kirsh or Einar ...*
[21:46] <.Bynw> *the trail worn enough not to be lost in the trees or overcome by grass or other plants.  here and there are bits of obsidian black sand*
[21:48] <+Nym> "Actually I grew up not too far from here, in paradise." 
[21:48] * +James notes the sand with a weary look.
[21:48] <+James> "You're from Paradise originally?"
[21:50] <+Nym> "I was raised in Paradise, yes. I returned to claim my estates and lands in Adan a few years ago." 
[21:50] <+James> "Ahhh, I see now."
[21:53] <+James> "Have you met the Archdruid of Paradise before?"
[21:55] <+Nym> ::stares off ahead:: "No, I have never had the pleasure, what is his name?" 
[21:55] <+James> "Camidus."
[21:57] <+James> "He's very old and very wise."
[21:57] <+Nym> "Is he the lord of all Druids or just the druids in the north?" 
[21:58] <+James> "Just in Paradise and the Paradise druids living in Adan.  Kirsh's druids, for example, are a separate group."
[21:59] <.Bynw> *the trail winds through the forest, periodically a patch of wildflowers and animals are seen as the two continue to ride along*
[22:00] <+Nym> ::Nods:: "How many groups in Adan are there?" 
[22:02] <+James> "In Adan?  As far as I know, just the Kirsh druids and those of us who came to Adan from Paradise."
[22:03] <.Bynw> *a gentle breeze blows through ... small bits of sand sting the horses a little and they make it known that its not welcome*
[22:03] <+James> "That sand . . . "
[22:04] <+James> " . . . still a bit left over."
[22:04] <+Nym> ::Smiles a bit:: "The desert does not give up easily." 
[22:05] <+James> "No, but each year it becomes less and less."
[22:06] <.Bynw> *around the bend lies a small glade of wildflowers, 2 does and a large 16 point stag look up from grazing at the horsemen*
[22:08] <+James> "There's a beautiful stag."
[22:08] <.Bynw> !! roll spot check
[22:08] <+James> d20+6
[22:08] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+6) and rolled 9.
[22:08] <+Nym> roll d20+9 
[22:08] * +BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+9 and gets 21."
[22:09] <.Bynw> *there are a couple of more stags, smaller ones in the trees behind the glade as you watch
[22:11] <+Nym> ::half smile:: "No better hunting in all of Adan then in paradise..." 
[22:11] <.Bynw> *the large stag kicks with is left fore hoof in the dirt and lowers its head slightly
[22:12] <+Nym> ::points to the wild life:: "This is why I embrace the druids and their influence in my lands. Even the land responds positively to their influence"   
[22:13] <+James> ::smiles:: "Thank you."
[22:13] <+Nym> ::looks to the stag and seems to concentrate for a moment:: 
[22:14] <.Bynw> *the 2 does scatter into the forest beyond
[22:16] <.Bynw> *the stag charges for the horsemen   
[22:21] * +James looks intently at the stag and gets his horse to scuttle back with foot signals.
[22:21] <+Nym> roll d20+10 
[22:21] * +BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+10 and gets 27."
[22:22] <.Bynw> * and morphs into the form of a tall and lean man with sharp features, long grey hair ... wearing a 16pt dear headdress and wearing deer skins
[22:23] <.Bynw> *his face wrinkled by both age and sun ... he yawns slightly be for shaking it off*
[22:24] <+James> ::smiles::  A dramatic entrance, Camidus.
[22:25] <+Nym> ::grins a bit and dismounts:: "My apologies Arch druid, you startled me. You shouldn't charge like that." 
[22:25] <.Bynw> *the man addressed as Camidus looks at James and smiles* "You are a welcome sight my son.  I am glad you have managed to survive Kirsh once again."  *he looks over at Nym*
[22:25] * +James dismounts and bows low to the Archdruid.
[22:27] <.Bynw> *Camidus acknowledges both men*  "Now my son.  What news do you have from our lost brothers of Kirsh?"
[22:27] <+Nym> ::Bows at the hip to the arch druid:: 
[22:28] <+James> "Some of our brothers in Kirsh still live, but we were met by the Duke of Stonemont who said this scroll would answer all your questions."
[22:29] <+James> "He commanded me to bring it to you immediately." ::hands scroll to Camidus::
[22:30] <+James> "I am ready to return if Stonemont's answers are insufficient."
[22:30] <.Bynw> *camidus takes the scroll from james and breaks its seal with his hands*
[22:31] <.Bynw> *he looks over the scroll.  then to james and then to nym*
[22:32] <+Nym> ::Looks to Camidus:: "I have more news Arch Druid..." 
[22:33] <.Bynw> *he rolls the scroll back up*  "His Grace is usually that efficient.  You have fulfilled my wishes my son.  You and your companions will be rewarded as promised ...." *he turns to Nym*  "Yes Nym Tennes?"
[22:36] <+Nym> ::Sighs:: "I represent the Anadari Knights in this. I.....have had....a Vision." 
[22:37] <+Nym> "I am unable to understand its meaning completly, but I understand enough." 
[22:37] <+Nym> "Something is comming, something that will spill untold blood, if it is not stopped." 
[22:38] <+Nym> "In the mountains of Einar I think. Do you know of a tree that feeds on Blood?" 
[22:39] <.Bynw> *Camidus* "I am aware of your affiliation with that august body.  A waist of some of your other talents though ... you could have been a powerful druid ..."  *he breaks off in mid speech*
[22:41] <.Bynw> *he turns to james*  "I have lost 3 agents in Einar this past month.  You are my best James."
[22:41] <+Nym> ::smiles at Camidus:: 
[22:42] <+James> "One of my companions already wishes to go to Einar.  I, of course, go where you want, but I believe all my comanions will go there, too."
[22:43] <+James> " . . . and Lord Nym wishes to go there, too."
[22:44] <.Bynw> "In the south of Einar is an area of forest that has been corrupted.  Trees have been perverted using unholy acts"
[22:45] <+Nym> ::Nods in agreement with James:: 
[22:45] * +James gasps.
[22:47] <.Bynw> *camidus sighs*  "Those responsible must be stopped." *he turns and looks at Nym*  "Stopped. At all costs before it is too late."
[22:50] <+James> "I will go."  ::bows again::
[22:50] <+Nym> ::raises an eyebrow at camidus:: "And if they are not?" 
[22:51] <.Bynw> *he walks over to the spot where the deer were grazing*  "Just below me is a chest containing the gold to pay for your companions assistance at Kirsh.  And then some."
[22:51] <.Bynw> "The Uthani win"
[22:52] <+James> "The remainder is for our trip to Einar?"
[22:53] <+Nym> ::his eyes narrow:: "Baron?..." 
[22:53] <.Bynw> "yes"  *he says looking out into the distance*
[22:53] <+James> "Uthani?  Are they responsible for what has been happening in Kirsh?"
[22:55] <.Bynw> "I do not know about Kirsh." *he says holding up the scroll*  "But they are responsible for the deaths of at least 3 of your brothern and others in Einar"
[22:55] <+James> " . . . and happening in Einar?"
[22:55] <+James> "I will not fail you, Camidus."
[22:56] <+Nym> ::His hand go to his star sword:: "Camidus, Is..he...there?" 
[22:59] <.Bynw> *camidus comes up to james and kisses him on the forehead*  "if you fail my son, i shall go there myself and avenge your passing"  *he pulls out a thin chain of wood links with a silver medallion hanging from it and places it about jame's neck*
[22:59] * +James looks at Nym, then back to Camidus and mouths "who?".
[23:00] * +James kisses the Archdruid and then bows again, "I thank you . . ."
[23:01] <+Nym> ::backs up a step:: "It doesn't matter. We have no time to waste." 
[23:02] <+Nym> ::Looks to the floor:: "Patrick may be there as well..." 
[23:03] <+James> ::looks to Nym:: "A fellow Anadari?"
[23:05] <+Nym> ::Looks to James with a smoldering anger in his eyes:: "A twisted and evil Anadari and a psycopathic killer." 
[23:05] <+Nym> "He calls himself the Baron and he has taken more then one of my friends lives." 
[23:06] <.Bynw> *camidus* "speed of the wind.  use the arch if needed to quiette castle in einar."  *he then utters words to James in the secret tongue of the druids*
[23:06] * ryan (~caywood_r@*.nas1.houston3.tx.us.da.qwest.net) has left #Teara-Adan
[23:08] <+Nym> ::Touches the scar at his neck and mutters:: "You will not evade me this time....." 
[23:08] <.Bynw> "don't forget the gold ... your companions and yourselves will find it useful" *he says as the wind blows strong and stinging with blinding sand for a dozen or more heartbeats*
[23:09] <+Nym> ::Before the sand even settles Nym re-mounts his horse:: 
[23:09] <.Bynw> *when the wind dies, the glade is no more ... only a stripped patch of earth covered in black obsidian sand with a partially exposed treasure chest*
[23:10] * +James digs for thw gold.
[23:10] <.Bynw> (( you can see the chest containing the gold ))
[23:11] * +James takes it and remounts.
[23:11] <+James> "Best speed back to Oasis, Nym?"
[23:12] <+Nym> ::Looks to James:: "Be sure of what you are doing James, those who have stood against the Baron have died, only I have survived time and again." 
[23:13] <+Nym> "Even my master has payed that price." 
[23:13] <+James> "This time we will both survive . . . and the others as well."
[23:14] <.Bynw> (( end you return to Oasis i take it to find your friends ?? ))
[23:14] <+James> "My Lord the Archdruid has willed it . . . so I go."
[23:14] <+Nym> ::Looks very serious at James:: "Everyone who died said as much." 
[23:14] <+Nym> "Let us go..." 
[23:14] <+Nym> ((yes)) 
[23:14] <+James> "we go, then."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member